• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

PSA, if you're half way through a raid and everyone decides to take a 10 minute break, double check your mute button before going off for a jolly old time on boobtube or whatever.

Most amusing/awkward/disturbing 10 minutes of any raid I have ever been a part of.

I was on my way to write an exam. Thanks for making my day LOL

Thanks for the tips guys.

Did the weekly in the corridor but it took a long time. Hoped there was some better place but looks like there isn't.

PSA, if you're half way through a raid and everyone decides to take a 10 minute break, double check your mute button before going off for a jolly old time on boobtube or whatever.

Most amusing/awkward/disturbing 10 minutes of any raid I have ever been a part of.

Wut... Hahahahaha

Deku Tree

Anyone want to do the Eris missions with me now leading to unlocking nightfall? I haven't done any on this character yet... I will be on in Five minutes? (Offline now.)

Or does anyone have Nightfall unlocked and want to put me on their fireteam?

void666

Banned
Vanguard package gave me an AR called up to anything. High fire rate, decent impact and stability. One of the upgrades is perfect balance maxing the stability stat. Other ones are melee kills increase reload speed and third eye. It has 38 bullets.
It seems to me a great weapon for pvp. Still need to upgrade it though.

About will of crota, i still think it's a cheap strike. They didn't put any effort into it. But after having done the nightfall/weekly a few times i think it's not hard to bring the boss down. Kill adds, shoot her from different angles until she screams. Repeat.

omg

Any Crota raids happening this morning? Would like to start from the beginning as I haven't done it yet.

31 Warlock. PSN: Darknyss. (Not online yet, but can hop on when forming)

Nightfall tactics.

tumblr_inline_nfaseyMaKF1rk0y9k.gif

Heh I actually quote this when nightfalling with friends. As soon as things start going south "run away, run away!"

ocean

Banned
Anyone want to do the Eris missions with me now leading to unlocking nightfall? I haven't done any on this character yet... I will be on in Five minutes? (Offline now.)

Or does anyone have Nightfall unlocked and want to put me on their fireteam?

Will swap gear and go with you on my 29 alt. Already did Nightfall and Weekly with him but it irks me that it's still listed as "locked" :p

Mrgamer

Booted up the dlc and soloed all missions on hard and they felt easy.I must say i did enjoy the second one more overall.

Nightfall x3

2 high rof assault rifles that i will mever use.

Universal remote............and its gone.

Havent done the weekly but can buy all 31 armour for the raid.

Xamdou

Ok so why do faction gear look like the same designs as the older legendaries pre dlc while the crucible and vanguard meisters at least have newer designs?

Also are the crota raid gear better than the lvl 33 gear that can be easily bought from the tower shops or are they all the same?

Ourobolus

Banned
Grabbed the initial raid chest with my 3 characters last night. Not too bad. Only got Shards and Energy though.

Anyway, on Friday I'm taking the day off, and after a dentist appointment in the morning...it's Destiny all day.
Anyone up for the Raid Friday around 10AM EST?

Zakalwe

Banned
When firing No Land Beyond you can sprint/Melee/weapon switch to negate the bolt action reload. There's a delay afterwards though that seems to be roughly equal to the bolt action delay, but it does mean you could immediately sprint or Melee or switch to another weapon and not have to worry about the bolt animation when you switch back.

Sigh! So I play Warlock and This game sure likes to not give me anything useful to me.

I Rank up my vanguard rep and it gives me a legendary Titan chest, find a legendary gauntlet engram decrypts into Titan gauntlets, find a legendary boot engram and wanna guess what it gives me? Freaking Titan boots. What the shit is this nonsense loot system? my character is a damn Warlock.

I don't care if that's a sign that I should play a Titan cos that's just bullshit How does that happen three damn times. I already had the helmet and all three times it proceeded to Not give me shit.

Ok so why do faction gear look like the same designs as the older legendaries pre dlc while the crucible and vanguard meisters at least have newer designs?

Also are the crota raid gear better than the lvl 33 gear that can be easily bought from the tower shops or are they all the same?

I believe vendor gear gets you to 31 while crota raid gear gets you to 32

RNGesus in day 1 has given full set of vendor armor minus the head which is my old exotic for my Titan while my Warlock received legs.

Not bad for day 1.

But man we got stomped on Mission 2 of Erin Eris whatever shiiit that green shit everywhere

About will of crota, i still think it's a cheap strike. They didn't put any effort into it. But after having done the nightfall/weekly a few times i think it's not hard to bring the boss down. Kill adds, shoot her from different angles until she screams. Repeat.

Yep, it felt very very cheap and an afterthought. As much as it makes sense to have waves and waves of enemies since we are talking about Hive, it is not as much fun as the other strikes.

Futaba

Sigh! So I play Warlock and This game sure likes to not give me anything useful to me.

I Rank up my vanguard rep and it gives me a legendary Titan chest, find a legendary gauntlet engram decrypts into Titan gauntlets, find a legendary boot engram and wanna guess what it gives me? Freaking Titan boots. What the shit is this nonsense loot system? my character is a damn Warlock.

I don't care if that's a sign that I should play a Titan cos that's just bullshit How does that happen three damn times. I already had the helmet and all three times it proceeded to Not give me shit.

Beat the system, make one of each class.

LiK

Fucking Destiny. I had a dream last night that during our Raid, I got Praxic Fire for HUNTER. I was laughing at Todd and he was all jelly.

It looked pretty nice.

RickD

Whats the point in having a bounty for Kills with fecking class equipment you need level 2 for when its the second fecking day!!

FFS, waste of a slot

Zakalwe

Banned

Titan is the best class for high need pve. You should definitely make one.

X-Frame

Regarding the first part of the new raid:

It was awesome to see so much chaos and destruction when my group had 3 Striker Titans chaining Fist of Havoc; 4 when I was one and before I switched to a Saint Defender for the last bridge construction.

Did anyone try Bladedancing during that part? Another melee sub-class would probably be good and allow for easier movement, but I could see a Bladedancers getting carried away and get off the path.

KeRaSh

Hah! Tell me about it. Got two blue engrams from my second character's Vanguard rank up which decrypted into Hunter boots. My main character wasn't even that lucky. Got 2 blue engrams.
At the same time my brother got a purple engram from his rank up which gave him Titan boots. He also got a legendary engram from the weekly heroic, which turned into Titan gloves. He then purchased a single piece of Vanguard gear which I had to purchase all three!
This is the same guy who got boots, gloves and chest armor on his very first VoG run. He got the helmet on his first hard Atheon cheese where he just joined for the checkpoint.

Oh and for the Nightfall this week? He got the PS exclusive shotgun while I got 12 Ass Energy! Not really jeallous about the shotgun itself but damnit atleast he got a free Exotic Shard / 7 coins which is still better than Ass Energy...

I love my brother but sometimes I just want to dismantle all his stuff... :(

patchday

Yeah, it has already been reported, and this is so stupid that I can't think of anything but it being a bug.
The VoG is already kinda useless now, you would think they would at least want people to run it for exotics...

Seems pretty silly to phase out VoG. This game sorely needed to have at least 2 raids... But it appears they really wanted to push the DLC sales so it was corporate mandated to shove all the players into the new content, effectively phasing out quality content. Guess this is typical with the 'gear treadmill' type of online RPGs

In a few weeks thinking I want to come back for some crucible action. Hopefully in the near future they will give pvpers an avenue to hit L32 legit. Then I'll consider picking up DLC. Maybe by the next DLC things will improve to my liking

Good to see you guys having fun. Want to see pics of new armor and gear. also gonna lookup Crota raids on youtube

Maledict

This isn't typical for gear treadmill type of online games at all. This is unique - no game has ever utterly obsoleted an entire tier of content 3 months after release in this way.

Drubbed

Banned
Regarding the first part of the new raid:

It was awesome to see so much chaos and destruction when my group had 3 Striker Titans chaining Fist of Havoc; 4 when I was one and before I switched to a Saint Defender for the last bridge construction.

Did anyone try Bladedancing during that part? Another melee sub-class would probably be good and allow for easier movement, but I could see a Bladedancers getting carried away and get off the path.

I did, it was bloody awesome, blade dancers are amazingly good in the first part.

10/10 would recommend

This isn't typical for gear treadmill type of online games at all. This is unique - no game has ever utterly obsoleted an entire tier of content 3 months after release in this way.

Yep even the worst MMO's dont do this shit. They've literally "obsoleted" all prior progress except for certain resources you have saved up. Honestly the ideal situation to be in prior to this patch would have just been a lvl 29 dude that never hit 30, saved all of his marks and shards beyond the bare necessities and is able to hit lvl 31 right out of the gate on this dlc with mark purchases.

Jinjo

Man, I really hope one of these damn packages contains some legendary armor. I don't even care what class.

I got a single coin and mote of light in my first vanguard package. Last week I got a legendary gun, helmet and shards in a package. Fuck RNG.

Stupid mark cap is stopping me from getting to lv31 by friday.

patchday

Ah good point

After vanilla WoW and City of Heroes I left gear treadmill RPGs since they're not my taste. Was hoping Destiny was going to slant more towards Halo + Borderlands fusion when I purchased the game. Had many quality hours of fun even though it turned into a gear treadmill which I've avoided for many, many years. GAF makes this game fun

But highly disappointed it sounds like VoG serves no purpose beyond shards. I just dont understand what is going on at Bungie yall.

Still keeping an eye on this thread. Curious to see how the exotic changes will affect the game. Making the progression depend on Xur sounds devastating too me but folks in this thread still seem happy. Maybe I'm just too hardcore. Got a vault full of exotics and legendaries

Zakalwe

Banned
I got a single coin and mote of light in my first vanguard package. Last week I got a legendary gun, helmet and shards in a package. Fuck RNG.

Stupid mark cap is stopping me from getting to lv31 by friday.

I need 4 (yes, 4) marks or 14 shards.

No hope for 31 till Friday or maybe reset unless I get extremely lucky with RNG. ;_;

Top Bottom