• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Currently, yes, you can get the first chest solo.
Once you drop down in the "abyss" take the first stone path to the left before reaching the first light pillar. It may not spawn the first time, so go back to orbit and reload.
Took me two tries with my warlock and three with hunter.

You dont have to go back to orbit. You can just let a thrall kill you.

cilonen

You can get to it solo? No 'unlocking' a gate like VoG?

Yep, just wait for the 'light bridge' at the top to become stone, then drop down.
When at the bottom head for the first lantern and take the first left on the paved path. Keep going straight to the door. If it has an orange crystal above it the chest is there.
If not die and repeat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is disappointing. Now I really have no reason to run it at all
I'd still run it for a Horn even if it's unupgraded :(
Join us sometime when the Crota hype has ended. lol
I want to still run it for the Gjallahorn too. :(

(The sad thing is that someone actually got a Gjallahorn on our run... the same time that I got The Truth. The double sad part is that he managed to get all three rocket launchers today - Dragon's Breath, Truth, and Gjallahorn. This game. lol)

Yeah, it has already been reported, and this is so stupid that I can't think of anything but it being a bug.
The VoG is already kinda useless now, you would think they would at least want people to run it for exotics...
Yeah, I guess they didn't bother updating the tables. :/

Nodnol

No point running VoG unless I run out of shards now. Disappointing.

They should, nigh NEED, to do the following;

- VoG Exotics are new Attack Exotics.

- Any new VoG weapon drops are new Attack Legendaries.

Yes, I know that means more grind, but I'd rather have a new Vision of Confluence to level then a VoC worth nothing going forward.

Zakalwe

Banned
Two legendary engrams since reset:

1. No Land Beyond - I actually quite like this, it's an incredibly accurate close range sniper. Not incredibly efficient but reserving judgment until I unlock flared magwell and the unique upgrade.

2. The Trolly Problem - Legensary FR
Bonus hip fire accuracy
Kills increase grenade charge time

Has accelerated coils, too. Exact same stats as my Perun's fire, but that's void and this is arc. With the coils the charge time is just below Perun's, but it has much higher impact and range. May have found a replacement for pvp... Very lucky drop!

It's moments like these that make me keep playing. I hate that they can hook me like that. ;_;

Ps

Edit: I forgot, I've had three. The third was a new damage level Truth. That's 2/3 exotics and one of the best legendary drops I've ever seen. Pretty good going so far.

so I checked out the new Earth strike. Yeah, the boss fight is one clusterfuck with mobs coming from everywhere. Weekly and Nightfall should be interesting

and I did get a Legendary engram during the strike. Level 31 leg armor for a class I don't have. Thanks RNGesus -_-

Two legendary engrams since reset:

1. No Land Beyond - I actually quite like this, it's an incredibly accurate close range sniper. Not incredibly efficient but reserving judgment until I unlock flared magwell and the unique upgrade.

2. The Trolly Problem - Legensary FR
Bonus hip fire accuracy
Kills increase grenade charge time

Has accelerated coils, too. Exact same stats as my Perun's fire, but that's void and this is arc. With the coils the charge time is just below Perun's, but it has much higher impact and range. May have found a replacement for pvp... Very lucky drop!

It's moments like these that make me keep playing. I hate that they can hook me like that. ;_;

Oh, god I can just see you getting more nooby...

so I checked out the new Earth strike. Yeah, the boss fight is one clusterfuck with mobs coming from everywhere. Weekly and Nightfall should be interesting

and I did get a Legendary engram during the strike. Level 31 leg armor for a class I don't have. Thanks RNGesus -_-

Nightfall was intense... Don't think woulda made it without titan bubbles and self res. at the final bit, we couldn't even enter the final room haha

Nightfall tactics.

tumblr_inline_nfaseyMaKF1rk0y9k.gif

deafmedal

Not feeling the new content at all. Loaded my main, went to the tower and found what's her name and saw bounties... said fuck this. I have nothing worth leveling and even if I had marks I wouldn't buy their worthless gear just to have to replace it with new raid gear.

My buddy had already unlocked (I'm looking at my brain) the NF and weekly so we did those on one set of characters- more coins from NF! YAY! At least it was 10 as opposed to the 5 & 7 I got last week. Strike is stoopid, will be dead easy from here on out.

Sucks about VoG exotics but I'll still run it for fun, especially with noobs. At least I can get exotic shards heh. Looking forward to running CE blind this weekend, thanks for the tags.

I reckon I will get around to running the new missions and shit eventually but I still feel they should have been on the map like a regular mission instead of whatever bullshit vendor nonsense it currently is... I haven't stressed bounties for weeks and I'm not going to start again just because it's "new". Probably shouldn't have got the DLC, hopefully the raid makes up for it.

Fuck my love/hate for this game lol.

Bollocks

I thought lvl 26 strike would be more interesting but there's not much difference compared 24.

Why they even bothered I don't know, just go all the way to 30/32 to give us something we can work towards to

KeRaSh

So, are there any sound strategies for the new Nightfall boss besides sitting at the entrance and shooting at it before it start hurling deathballs at you?

Sorry if it's been talked about before and I missed it.

k1t4j

Bear in mind this is a not a very cientific observation but radiant dance machines allow me to ADS and move at the same speed as you would normaly walk.

Feels like it, after I compared the ADS movement with and without the exotic legs.

I thought lvl 26 strike would be more interesting but there's not much difference compared 24.

Why they even bothered I don't know, just go all the way to 30/32 to give us something we can work towards to

I was expecting that a new Strike playlist would be at least level 28. I'd like to see a level 30 playlist that actually had a reasonable chance of giving decent rewards and with at least a hint of difficulty.

Zakalwe

Banned
Patrol is much more fun with things like blades of Crota, roving bands of pikes, and PEs popping.

They need to add more, maybe some mini quest lines or reasons to explore. 6 man fire teams, roving strike level bosses that drop engrams/loot, etc...

The new additions hint at the potential. It's sad that they'll probably let it languish.

LiK

Patrol is much more fun with things like blades of Crota, roving bands of pikes, and PEs popping.

They need to add more, maybe some mini quest lines or reasons to explore. 6 man fire teams, roving strike level bosses that drop engrams/loot, etc...

The new additions hint at the potential. It's sad that they'll probably let it languish.

next Expansion for $20

Midas

Hardest armor drop for me to get from the VoG was my first CE drop: raid boots

Now I just need 21 radiant shards...

Yeah, and 84 for the full set. I'm actually starting to think that it's not worth the farming since the gear probably will be useless with the next expansion. I will continue to play the raid, but only when I feel like it's fun. No reason to play it like VoG over and over again just to get stuff.

So you can get maybe like 10 shards for every raid if you don't get any other drops. Which means you need to raid at least 9 times, which in reality probably will amount to a lot more. Hopefully you get radiant shards from dismantled raid gear - you'll get duplicates before you get those 84 shards. That's for sure. Not sure how I feel about this right now, might feel better when you learn how to complete the new raid as fast as you do VoG now.

Not feeling the new content at all. Loaded my main, went to the tower and found what's her name and saw bounties... said fuck this. I have nothing worth leveling and even if I had marks I wouldn't buy their worthless gear just to have to replace it with new raid gear.

My buddy had already unlocked (I'm looking at my brain) the NF and weekly so we did those on one set of characters- more coins from NF! YAY! At least it was 10 as opposed to the 5 & 7 I got last week. Strike is stoopid, will be dead easy from here on out.

Sucks about VoG exotics but I'll still run it for fun, especially with noobs. At least I can get exotic shards heh. Looking forward to running CE blind this weekend, thanks for the tags.

I reckon I will get around to running the new missions and shit eventually but I still feel they should have been on the map like a regular mission instead of whatever bullshit vendor nonsense it currently is... I haven't stressed bounties for weeks and I'm not going to start again just because it's "new". Probably shouldn't have got the DLC, hopefully the raid makes up for it.

Fuck my love/hate for this game lol.
The bounties are actually missions on the map once you accept them.

Back before we first got our hands on the game, I was expecting the world to be a lot more dynamic. The impression I had was that it would be worth racing round with a fireteam and there would be plenty of interesting things to experience.

Perhaps you'd pass by a cave and detect a signal, if you went inside to investigate it would spawn a mini-event which would have a small reward.

I also thought that the public events would be bigger and more dramatic, that they would involve more players.

I feel that the big open public spaces are wasted. I visit them to hit a public event, or to complete a bounty and then I leave when I'm done. In story missions and strikes there's no point in spending time in these spaces, all you do is race through as quickly as possible on your sparrows.

Any tips for the new Strike Boss for the Nightfall?

stay at the small room and snipe everything from there.

when the wizard shrieks, a wave of enemies is going to rush you, so hop onto the ledge behind you.

when you can, kill the knight mortar at the back of the room

occasionally, 3-4 cursed thralls will spawn in that hallway so back up and kill them.

i ran it with hylebos and spawn and it was tremendously easier than the weekly. the heroic modifier there makes the enemies more aggressive and take more damage so it was more difficult even with the same strategy

about the only way to do this strike from what i've gathered. it's so terribly designed that you have to take potshots through cracks from a cramped room.

Futaba

PSA, if you're half way through a raid and everyone decides to take a 10 minute break, double check your mute button before going off for a jolly old time on boobtube or whatever.

Most amusing/awkward/disturbing 10 minutes of any raid I have ever been a part of.

Midas

PSA, if you're half way through a raid and everyone decides to take a 10 minute break, double check your mute button before going off for a jolly old time on boobtube or whatever.

Most amusing/awkward/disturbing 10 minutes of any raid I have ever been a part of.

Haha, this has to be the weirdest thing I've heard so far.

Top Bottom