• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Strider

How are you guys getting to Level 31 so quickly? I JUST now finally got a complete set of new armor to do it. How are you all leveling up so fast?

I think a lot of people saved up marks n strategically planned out their rep so they could get vanguard/crucible commendations really soon after the expansion dropped.... Then just bought 4 pieces already. I should've done that... may be at 30 for a while.

ocean

Banned
If Xûr bring upgrade options for Armamentarium and Praxic Fire I'll have two characters at 31 this weekend. Otherwise I'll have to buy Chests next week and lose those sweet Exotic perks :/

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Today I put into too much fucking time into Destiny, fuck me

4AM Reset, till 8:30AM CE Raid
8:30AM till 2:00PM SLEEP!
2:30PM till 3:15AM (take out 1 hour for bathroom/food) DESTINY!

Close to 16 hours of Destiny @_@! today

Worked out my factions so fucking well, that all 3 characters will be 31 by tomorrow or Thursday the latest
Also it will net me 2 extra Crucible Commendations to use later on
All 3 characters will have Vendor gear with +33 Light Stat on them, with almost all of them being in the INT/DIS @70%+ area
Mix and matched gear to really maximize my perks, scout rifles were my go to choice (raid speaking), then swapped good perks where melee and grenade cooldown play off each other while grenade gives me back Super energy

Now to wait till Xurday and hope to get the gear I have on my characters and are allowed to be upgraded

Before DLC:
vnUb52j.png

After DLC:
S7sOrgF.png

So many bounties to do tomorrow, haven't even done any progression into Eris Main Story, too busy leveling shit up left and right on all 3 characters

Rainmaker

Banned
Damn. The vanguard mark cap got me when I was just five away from getting a new chest piece. I got on a roll and completely forgot to do the math. Total bummer. Got lucky with the exotic gauntlets and being able to buy leg armor earlier. Maybe I'll get a good drop doing... I don't know what.

I don't feel like I have the right gun loadout for the nightfall yet because I have very few good arc weapons. Although, I want to try bad. At least I'm level 30 now.

Midas

Nice job with the way you handle Crota's End in regards to spoilers. I can read the thread without being spoiled. :)

RNG was nice to me yesterday... Got these for my Warlock;

468.jpg

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I need some help with Nightfall, it's really difficult to solo it lol.

PSN - Kartik21, please add me and hop on.

Rixa

Yesterday raid first checkpoint loot I got 2 shards, others got gloves / boots, but nothing spectacular. We are at the Bridgepart now (tried 2 hours) littlebit getting knowledge of it what to do and what not.

I dont have problem with my 323 dam Vex Mythoclast. I was wondering that MIDA's MIDA perk would be really good here, need to test that.

SkylineRKR

I hope Xur is going to offer Ice Breaker upgrade. Already have Ballerhorn at higher than 300. That and IB are still incredibly useful.

Hes probably going to offer Hard Light upgrade or something.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
By the way, MIDA is a fucking beast in first part of the Raid. Bladedancer too, because Agility. You want Agility.

And I think Mythoclast is kind of exposed as a piece of shit. I constantly ran out of ammo and I would need more stability on those fast moving hive. Switched to Field scout Shadow Price and Gjallarhorn and my kill rate went up. Fatebringer and VoC are legit. I think I know why VoG drops isn't buffed.
For reals? I got the mythoclast last week and have been wrecking with it, seemingly much more than my VoC. I hope it doesn't perform as bad as you claim in the new raid.

Midas

Earlier in this thread, there are mentions that VoG weapon & armor loot is old damage max / armor max. Even after DLC.

Thanks. Hopefully they'll change it. I mean, it's not easy to get a Fatebringer and it should come with higher damage. We'll see.

What's the fastest way to get 1250 vanguard points? Any suggestions? Nightfall, Weekly and lots of bounties I assume? Need a Vanguard Commendation so I can get my main character to 31.

SkylineRKR

For reals? I got the mythoclast last week and have been wrecking with it, seemingly much more than my VoC. I hope it doesn't perform as bad as you claim in the new raid.

Maybe I'm just shit with it. But I dropped it. It has pathetic ammo, and ammo drops don't seem to come in huge numbers in the Raid. Its also weaker than a maxed Legendary.

Midas

Maybe I'm just shit with it. But I dropped it. It has pathetic ammo, and ammo drops don't seem to come in huge numbers in the Raid. Its also weaker than a maxed Legendary.

I used the Vex for the first part of the raid and it did wonders. No problems for me.

someday

Banned
I realize everyone is working on new stuff but I am going to attempt Xyor now. If anyone else needs this, please join me.
PSN-someday

Midas

What's the new bounties from Eris like after the reset? New things or same as yesterday? Same would be nice, they're easy. Except the one which is tied to the Titan class, hard to do that if you're not a Titan. :)

Greenymac

i'm still getting wrecked. had a few good matches but i haven't found my main. i like mega man.

the mythoclast is great

Ive had it since release and havent really found a main. Always switching up. I seem to do best with King Dedede or Link though.

Rixa

Thanks. Hopefully they'll change it. I mean, it's not easy to get a Fatebringer and it should come with higher damage. We'll see.

What's the fastest way to get 1250 vanguard points? Any suggestions? Nightfall, Weekly and lots of bounties I assume? Need a Vanguard Commendation so I can get my main character to 31.
After Nightfall, you can also do ROC strikes, they give VG reputation.

I used the Vex for the first part of the raid and it did wonders. No problems for me.

Same here, Vex makes wonders in TDB raid first part, also works nicely in 2nd part (I need to test MIDA).

Drubbed

Banned
so 3/4 of the way through the raid.

God damn it was hard, but super rewarding. I enjoy the light and dark of this raid,
compared to the sounds of the last one, really nice design and the new puzzles are great!

RickD

Holy crap OT12

I'm glad I finished the Bad Juju bounty, as it's been a great gun to use on the hive, just hold down the trigger kill kill kill super kill kill kill super... rinse and repeat

does anyone know if we can upgrade our Exotic Armour to the new light levels? as Armamentorium(?) is just too good to lose.

deadduck

Got to Crota by 1:30pm UK time, the group then gave up as 2 were in the US (it was about 5:30 their time by that point). We all got shards and energy, apart from one that got the warlock chest and boots! Going in blind was a blast and the best multiplayer experience I've had.

Nightfall blessed me with 5 strange coins for the 30'lock, but got the glasshouse for the 30titan, so potential for 31 with vanguard boots and gloves. Still all to do for Hunter.

Midas

21 radiant shards for each raid gear, and you can only get them from the raid. Getting to 32 will take a loooong time.

Holy crap OT12

I'm glad I finished the Bad Juju bounty, as it's been a great gun to use on the hive, just hold down the trigger kill kill kill super kill kill kill super... rinse and repeat

does anyone know if we can upgrade our Exotic Armour to the new light levels? as Armamentorium(?) is just too good to lose.
Depends if Xur is offering the upgrade or not.

Nodnol

Morning all.

Spoilertag the answer for those that don't want to know, but can someone let me know the loot drops for Crota's End? As in how many and after what section?

Nice OT Hawkian. Can't believe we are at number 12!

GlamFM

Banned
This DLC is just complete garbage.

This DLC does not react to the criticism towards vanilla Destiny AT ALL.

In fact the worst things are still in there and somehow cranked up to 11.

-Somehow even less "story"
-Fewer cutscenes - in fact not a single one.
-Biggest bullet sponge in the game yet
-Even shorter "Missions"
-70% reused areas

The new strikes are just horrible! Short, 80% reused areas, no new bosses, basically just horde mode. NOT ONE NEW MECHANIC - not one new enemy - NOTHING.

In fact this entire DLC does not introduce anything new - enemy, area, weapon type, mechanic, boss.... NADA.

Everything is re-skinned and re-used.

Have not played the Raid yet, but I´m just gonna assume it´s shit because THIS DLC IS SHIT.

At 20 bucks this is a complete rip-off.

Bungie, your DLC is bad and you should feel bad.

TP-DK

Last night I got one of the new legendary auto rifles. Just tried it today, and it has to be the worst legendary weapon in the game.It has extremely low impact and stability, and none of its upgrades makes it any better.

Rng has failed me again.

This DLC is just complete garbage.

This DLC does not react to the criticism towards vanilla Destiny AT ALL.

In fact the worst things are still in there and somehow cranked up to 11.

-Somehow even less "story"
-Fewer cutscenes - in fact not a single one.
-Biggest bullet sponge in the game yet
-Even shorter "Missions"
-70% reused areas

The new strikes are just horrible! Short, 80% reused areas, no new bosses, basically just horde mode. NOT ONE NEW MECHANIC - not one new enemy - NOTHING.

In fact this entire DLC does not introduce anything new - enemy, area, weapon type, mechanic, boss.... NADA.

Everything is re-skinned and re-used.

Have not played the Raid yet, but I´m just gonna assume it´s shit because THIS DLC IS SHIT.

At 20 bucks this is a complete rip-off.

Bungie, your DLC is bad and you should feel bad.

While I do somewhat agree with you, one thing you are clearly wrong about is there not being new mechanics. There were certainly some different things going on in the first and second mission.

k1t4j

Have you guys noticed that on the bungie website you go to the Crucible stats and you click on the dropdown menu to check you stats by game mode and there's something there I am pretty sure it was not there before.

Doubles skirmish?

Top Bottom