• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Of course. I spend all my vanguard marks on a new 33 light armor, and Xur doesn't offer an upgrade for either of my exotic helmets. This is going to be a fucking painful wait, isnt it?

Edit: This having to wait week after week for the chance to upgrade a piece of exotic armor feels like the mechanics of an iOS game.

This is exactly why I had to spend motes of light to get an exotic helm and it wasn't even the one I wanted. :/ Oh well, the sacrifices for 31.

Deku Tree

After the Atheon fixes with the random teleports I'm really surprised by the crota raid because
it is really designed as a MVP with a supporting cast type of fight rather than s battle where everyone needs to be at their best. Particularly I am thinking of the boss fight.

LordofPwn

PVE Weapon Power Rankings

1. Jesus Horn
2. Future DLC Exotic
3. Future DLC Exotic
4. Black Hammer
5. Ice Breaker
6. Fatebringer
7. Open to Suggestions
8. Open to Suggestions
9. Vex Mythoclast
10. Dragon's Breath

PVP Weapon Power Rankings
1. Zoba's blue sniper
2. Thorn
3. Hawkmoon
4. Suros
5. Plan C
6. The Last Word
7. Truth
8. Thunderlord
9. Found Verdict
10. Patience and Time

There's so many really good weapons for PVP. lets debate this list as it is in no way final or correct.

Also anyone up for getting Iron Banner groups together? i may be interested, but i may not be. (only if i could get an upgraded 331ATK Timur's Lash or Jolder's Hammer)

I don't think I got any replies so I'll try again.

Hunger of Crota looks like a comparable weapon of legendary rarity. Tracking, non-tracking cluster.

Apologies if I missed the prior post, I'm supposed to be doing dishes instead of posting on gaf, haha.

HoC is clearly designed as a "legendary GH" just like the raid sniper has some elements of "legendary IB" but the secret sauce for GH has always been Wolfpack rounds. Clusters are not a sufficient replacement (unless somebody can prove otherwise).

I really don't think Bungie knew how much damage the wolfpack rounds would do. It's also the only bad part of GH, since the WP rounds can result in inconsistent damage. This is especially important when
Crota is moving position since the WP tracking isn't strong enough to catch up to him and you can lose shield break.

It's really weird that those walls apparently aren't a physical thing to the hive at that part and it seems that the only reason they don't go through the wall is because of the AI.

Maybe it's not a physical thing for guardians either. It's all in the mind. If we believe, we can go through it.

We need 1 for Crota. PSN: Subtervotion

I can hop on. Either 31 titan to run sword or 30 hunter with GH and IB if someone else can run sword so I can actually get loot drops on that character...

After the Atheon fixes with the random teleports I'm really surprised by the crota raid because
it is really designed as a MVP with a supporting cast type of fight rather than s battle where everyone needs to be at their best. Particularly I am thinking of the boss fight.

Yes! Exactly. This really ticks me off. I can't help but be disappointed by CE relative to VoG the more I think about it.

Rubenov

Weapon Power Rankings

1. Jesus Horn
2. Future DLC Exotic
3. Future DLC Exotic
4. Future DLC Exotic
5. Black Hammer
6. Ice Breaker
7. Open to Suggestions
8. Open to Suggestions
9. Vex Mythoclast
10. Dragon's Breath

Also anyone up for getting Iron Banner groups together? i may be interested, but i may not be. (only if i could get an upgraded 331ATK Timur's Lash or Jolder's Hammer)

We haven't seen it yet but Efrideet's Spear, from Iron Banner, has the same damage output as Black Hammer. Don't know if it has a nice perk on auto reload as Black Hammer has though.

I'm hoping the Spear is available on this week's Iron Banner.

I can hop on. Either 31 titan to run sword or 30 hunter with GH and IB if someone else can run sword so I can actually get loot drops on that character...

Yes! Exactly. This really ticks me off. I can't help but be disappointed by CE relative to VoG the more I think about it.

PSN?

We have a sword runner.

I did this too yesterday. Goddammit Bungie. That shit was way too expensive to farm shards off. Not gonna participate in IB this week. Life caught up and it's just too much a grind for armor that's comparable to regular vendor armor now.

Just lemme reforge my Timur's Lash and Jolder's Hammer to the higher damage models though pls.

not only that, but the time spent to level up Iron Banner Rank 4 + 9K glimmer

phen0m24

You know what someone said it earlier, but I wonder if they'll
randomly assign the sword to a team member once the SB is downed rather than let someone pick it up

Weapon Power Rankings

1. Jesus Horn
2. Future DLC Exotic
3. Future DLC Exotic
4. Future DLC Exotic
5. Black Hammer
6. Ice Breaker
7. Open to Suggestions
8. Open to Suggestions
9. Vex Mythoclast
10. Dragon's Breath

Weapon Power Rankings

1. Gotchuhorn
2. Black Hammer
3. Icebreaker
4. Future DLC Exotic
5. Future DLC Exotic
6. Fatebringer
7. Open to Suggestions
8. Open to Suggestions
9. Vex Mythoclast
10. Suros Regime

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone come across any new, good hand cannons? I want a new legendary HC... I found a replacement for my VoC rifle (minus the elemental and auto but adding staggering) but nothing for my HC...

realcZk

Anyone come across any new, good hand cannons? I want a new legendary HC... I found a replacement for my VoC rifle (minus the elemental and auto but adding staggering) but nothing for my HC...

and the new vendor handcannons look pretty lackluster. they could be nice with random perk drops but man... not going to be buying those anytime soon. I've got my eye on the new vendor scout rifles.

EL CUCO

You know what someone said it earlier, but I wonder if they'll
randomly assign the sword to a team member once the SB is downed rather than let someone pick it up

Lol can you imagine a tower Knight guy gets picked for the sword? Madness

Rubenov

and the new vendor handcannons look pretty lackluster. they could be nice with random perk drops but man... not going to be buying those anytime soon. I've got my eye on the new vendor scout rifles.

For the People and Up for Anything are solid Auto Rifles. Very good for Crucible.

CROTA KILL TEAM

Time: 7:30pm EST
PS4

1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man
2. El Cuco
3. ZombieJesus13

Mindlog you available? Dhruv, Grave and Drizzay you able to help out?
Toasty and Sushi are you able to finish what we started last night?
Yo if there is an open spot, I'm down. Level 30 Hunter, did it on one character already

If we're talking primary exotics, Hawkmoon shits all over both Suros and the Mythoclast.

Don't have Hawkmoon, unfortunately. I also don't use exotic primaries so I guess I'm not too jealous.

For the People and Up for Anything are solid Auto Rifles. Very good for Crucible.

What are the perks on the vendor "For the People"? I got one from a drop and been loving it, but I think I got one that has some bad perks.

Can't check right now but IIRC one of the two perks is bottom half of the magazine does more damage, like Suros.

hmm... I might have the same one. I've been hearing that there is a perk that lets you carry more rounds... Is it the Skip Rounds perk? The magazine size is kinda killing the gun.

realcZk

As the sword carrier, I use Mythoclast as my exotic. it's good for handling the 32 thrall at the bottom of the stairs, and it does awesome damage to the Swordbearer when we are trying to drop him quickly. Since its a "fusion rifle" it doesnt suffer the same damage reduction penalty against major enemies.

LordofPwn

1. Zoba's blue sniper
2. Thorn
3. Hawkmoon
4. Suros
5. Plan C
6. The Last Word
7. Truth
8. Thunderlord
9. Found Verdict
10. Patience and Time

There's so many really good weapons for PVP. lets debate this list as it is in no way final or correct.

Langy

Same. It seems like a few have been popping up recently, but I can't for another 2 hours! If I find one around that time I'll send you a message.

I'll be on the lookout for one and I'll send you a PM if I find one.

I am wanting to do VoG too..never done it before.

PS4 username Langoit.

Rubenov

1. Zoba's blue sniper -- This is the only one that's not up for debate
2. Thorn
3. Hawkmoon
4. Suros
5. Plan C
6. The Last Word
7. Truth
8. Thunderlord
9. Found Verdict
10. Patience and Time

Cruxist

Awwwww yissss. Got an upgraded Last Word from a strike today. Dismantled the old one, got a nice exotic shard. Thanks game!

patchday

Polygon has a great article today up that catalogs the multitude of ways that The Dark Below's systems are incredibly punishing, especially to dedicated players. This article is from the same guy who previously defending the game and the loot system, just like I did.

Yep. I haven't played the game since the last Iron Banner event where I finally acquired all the items to hit L30 on my characters. Unfortunately, I was not really able to play the game since. Logged in yesterday and saw the vendor granted me new equipment that already replaced my IB gear that I worked hard for. But I dont own the DLC anyway so at least Bungie is giving me the new gear. So at least that's done proper (besides the fact all old raid gear, etc is irrelevant within 3 months of launch)

But yeah the mistakes pointed out in that article made me logout after a bit. Just thinking bout releveling Ballarhorn, last word, etc just made me want to puke. It all just seems wrong and disrespectful. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few more days/weeks I dunno

LordofPwn

Ok so I still need to do 1 Nightfall, 2 Heroics, beat atheon on Hard, and do another fresh CE Raid. whos up for any or all of that starting at 3-3:30 PST/Bungie Time?

Top Bottom