• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

this post quote discussion is about killing crota in two swords. please tell me how to take down crota's second shield fast enough for this to be achieved without gholla

Reread my original post please.
The second line where I said GH isn't necessary was in reference to killing Crota, not a 2 sword kill. "Class doesn't matter for killing Crota, GHs aren't necessary"

uh you're saying they enjoy pve but don't enjoy pve? huh

I think he's saying that daily PvE is a grind when compared to daily PvP?

I'm not sure how this is confusing. They enjoy PvE so they want to do all the PvE content including the raid and hard raid. Meeting the gear checks necessary to even qualify for these activities requires grinding the parts of PvE that (1) aren't very fun, (2) have been done 1000x before.

Saying somebody enjoys PvE doesn't mean you have fun every single second doing PvE activities. Crota fight is a perfect example.
For anyone to reasonably beat him for the first time, a Lv31 is required for the sword (I could do it as a 30 now but not when the raid was first out). I loved playing the raid blind but then we had to stop and go grind the ever-loving bejesus out of new vendor gear, rep, marks, and XP.
The grind was only bearable thanks to playing with people I know from here and elsewhere to commiserate our boredom. Once the boring part was over, going back and killing Crota was an incredibly fun adrenaline rush.

CROTA KILL TEAM

Time: 7:30pm EST
PS4

1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man
2. El Cuco
3. ZombieJesus13

Mindlog you available? Dhruv, Grave and Drizzay you able to help out?
Toasty and Sushi are you able to finish what we started last night?

7:30 is way too late for me :-( sorry.

Jinjo

this post quote discussion is about killing crota in two swords. please tell me how to take down crota's second shield fast enough for this to be achieved without gholla

The time Crota is down is a set amount of time, it's more about timing his down when the swordbearer gets there than anything else. Like I said, even with one Gjalla we downed him quickly enough for our swordbearer to get a second full run into him (including super at the end) before his sword disappeared. I actually limited my Gjallarhorn missiles to one shot since it downed him too quickly for our swordbearer to get there for the second run.

Yeah I did crota with a team of 4 gjallarhorns and I felt we were dpsing him too fast before the swordbearer can reach him. well guess you can say ghorn is a negative influences since it's too OP ;)

Exactly, I was the only one carrying a Gjallarhorn and consciously limited myself to one rocket since we were downing him too early otherwise. I could have easily fired two regular missiles to compensate. You just use less ammo with a Gjallarhorn, that's all. Crota fight is all about timing and sworddamage.

your post supports the desire that every party will want at least one gjallarhorn

No it doesn't, see above. I could have started firing a little bit earlier and fire two normal missiles instead of the one gjallarmissile, it's the end result that is important. Crota being down when your swordbearer gets there.

EL CUCO

So are you guys still upgrading your Raid weapons knowing that Bungie will raise the starting attack value on them? (I guess it goes for Gear as well)

I'm scared Bungie will screw something up and lose my progress in said items :/

realcZk

your post supports the desire that every party will want at least one gjallarhorn

you definitely dont need a ballerhorn but my god i'd be lying if i said it doesn't make an obvious and very noticable difference. we have only one in our party and we save it for the second shield during each sword phase. its stupid powerful and I know to start running at crota when I see the wolfpack rounds. i can only imagine it'd be a lot easier with two or three of them, you dont really have to worry much about timing issues and callouts (50%, 10%), just say "GO" and start jumping up there and he's down every time.

Coconut

Banned
as fun as the novelty of 4 golden gun shots in PvP was, i think having radar with primary is much more important. considering how often ADS is used in this game, i think it's essential, especially on maps with a lot of corners. i played considerably less aggressive while using the symbiote helmet and i'd prefer not to.

so back to knucklehead radar i go. i like it how it looks anyway.

I don't know it pretty funny when folks think they are smart and wait for that third shot to be fired only to find a forth one waiting for them. It's also nice for control points considering you kinda know where folks are going to be in CP, which is on the point.

KodaRuss

Has there been a consesus at all on this? I have a maxed out Dragons Breath and a pre-DLC maxed Gjallerhorn.

I really love the Dragons but man is that velocity slow. It is really tough to hit certain enemies from a distance. Even with the increased velocity perk its slightly better but using that perk sacrafices the explosion radius perk.

During Crota
I used it on the bladecarrier mostly and an oversoul or two :)

I know i know first world problems discussion.

zewone

So are you guys still upgrading your Raid weapons knowing that Bungie will raise the starting attack value on them? (I guess it goes for Gear as well)

Yes, Luke said that the progress will just be re-adjusted.

I want to be 31 with raid gear so I have to upgrade at least one radiant slot.

gdt

Has there been a consesus at all on this? I have a maxed out Dragons Breath and a pre-DLC maxed Gjallerhorn.

I really love the Dragons but man is that velocity slow. It is really tough to hit certain enemies from a distance. Even with the increased velocity perk its slightly better but using that perk sacrafices the explosion radius perk.

During Crota

Consensus? lol

Da King Stay Da King

Reread my original post please.
The second line where I said GH isn't necessary was in reference to killing Crota, not a 2 sword kill. "Class doesn't matter for killing Crota, GHs aren't necessary"
I'm not sure how this is confusing. They enjoy PvE so they want to do all the PvE content including the raid and hard raid. Meeting the gear checks necessary to even qualify for these activities requires grinding the parts of PvE that (1) aren't very fun, (2) have been done 1000x before.

Saying somebody enjoys PvE doesn't mean you have fun every single second doing PvE activities. Crota fight is a perfect example.
For anyone to reasonably beat him for the first time, a Lv31 is required for the sword (I could do it as a 30 now but not when the raid was first out). I loved playing the raid blind but then we had to stop and go grind the ever-loving bejesus out of new vendor gear, rep, marks, and XP.
The grind was only bearable thanks to playing with people I know from here and elsewhere to commiserate our boredom. Once the boring part was over, going back and killing Crota was an incredibly fun adrenaline rush.
took me a minute of hitting quote on your edited post before finding out you moved your post here.

anyways, good points, I won't argue that anymore.

what is this game without a grind then? remove levels and light and keep everything else the same?

During Crota

There is consensus. GH is still the undisputed DPS king and I don't think this will ever change. Bungie has seem all the quick Atheon kill videos, etc. that we've seen and they know GH is OP for PvE but they also know they can't nerf it without further ticking off the community. I doubt they will make another comparable weapon.

Coconut

Banned
CROTA KILL TEAM

PS4

2. El Cuco
3. ZombieJesus13

Mindlog you available? Dhruv, Grave and Drizzay you able to help out?

If you can't get your regs you can put me down for an ALT. PSN: KrugerrandMan. I've faced Croter twice this weekend and I'd like to see his dumb giant body die.

Schwabe

i already upgraded one bubble of my gloves and the rocketlauncher is half way through... i'm risking it ...

gjhallarhorn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D breath are people's first impressions

more importantly is the discussion of hunger of crota being a possible poor man's legendary ghallarhorn. especially since I now have two hungers and 0 ghollas

Jinjo

Luke Smith said on twitter it just updates to the exact value to whatever stage stage your at. For instance light 30 (first shard node) on raid gear now, will just turn into light 33 (or whatever exact number they decide on) post-patch. No lost progress.

Deku Tree

My hunter just hit 20 and then 26... Anyone up for some gatekeepers glimmer farm and bubble filling? Need at least four more. Anyone have the checkpoint?

took me a minute of hitting quote on your edited post before finding out you moved your post here.

anyways, good points, I won't argue that anymore.

what is this game without a grind then? remove levels and light and keep everything else the same?

haha yeah the thread has been moving so fast that I wasn't sure if you or anyone else reading along would actually see my previous edit.

Some grinding is fine and even fun for people like me. It's like 50 hr JRPGs, sometimes it's nice to be making steady and quantifiable progress towards a goal. Bungie have just gotten the balance waaaaay off, especially with stuff like resetting exotics after 3 months.

There was already sooo much grind in the DLC between Eris, new vendor gear/weapons, etc. etc. that I can't imagine why they thought the exotic reset grind was necessary.

allday247

Banned
1) Me - Milkypooz lvl 30 Titan. Yes
2) ICortosis - 30 lock. Yes
3) Nuzska 31 titan. Yes
4) Greyblade 31 titan/Warlock. Yes

5) Mindlog 31 titan/lock
6) TheCommonDan - 31 Hunter

Subs: Ambitious

Mindlog and Captain Smirk (TheCommonDan) are u up for raiding after 9pm GMT?

you definitely dont need a ballerhorn but my god i'd be lying if i said it doesn't make an obvious and very noticable difference. we have only one in our party and we save it for the second shield during each sword phase. its stupid powerful and I know to start running at crota when I see the wolfpack rounds. i can only imagine it'd be a lot easier with two or three of them, you dont really have to worry much about timing issues and callouts (50%, 10%), just say "GO" and start jumping up there and he's down every time.
sorry my post was more about destinylfg having crota lfg's posting "lf1m ghorn req". I know gaf knows better that ghorn isn't required. my posts are about the 2 cycle kill and destinylfg posts.

I'm making whiny posts/tones about ghorn being powerful, but I don't think that's being argued at all.

blackflag

haha yeah the thread has been moving so fast that I wasn't sure if you or anyone else reading along would actually see my previous edit.

Some grinding is fine and even fun for people like me. It's like 50 hr JRPGs, sometimes it's nice to be making steady and quantifiable progress towards a goal. Bungie have just gotten the balance waaaaay off, especially with stuff like resetting exotics after 3 months.

There was already sooo much grind in the DLC between Eris, new vendor gear/weapons, etc. etc. that I can't imagine why they thought the exotic reset grind was necessary.

Agreed, relevelling weapons, trying to get the Last Word back up in level before IB on reset....PITA

realcZk

tBQI9fl.gif

I sharded an Iron Banner gauntlet.................... LOL

Finally got my Pre-DLC LOLoHorn to the Perk...... oh, so good!!!
Please Xur have this available for upgrade

Jinjo

sorry my post was more about destinylfg having crota lfg's posting "lf1m ghorn req". I know gaf knows better that ghorn isn't required. my posts are about the 2 cycle kill and destinylfg posts.

I'm making whiny posts/tones about ghorn being powerful, but I don't think that's being argued at all.

I agree that the Gjallarhorn requirement on LFG is ridiculous, but that's just people being dumb. And maybe minimizing the risk of lack of DPS potential to down the boss. It's not gonna exclude crappy players though, since plenty of good players don't have one and enough shitty players do. It's why I stick to playing with GAFfers exclusively.

R0ckman

There is consensus. GH is still the undisputed DPS king and I don't think this will ever change. Bungie has seem all the quick Atheon kill videos, etc. that we've seen and they know GH is OP for PvE but they also know they can't nerf it without further ticking off the community. I doubt they will make another comparable weapon.

So basically their only option is to leave it up to RNG and never allow it to get into Xur's stock again.

I'm down! Still need it on my 30 Warlock since I had to leave yesterday.

Awesome!

7:30 is way too late for me :-( sorry.

No worries Dhruv!

If you can't get your regs you can put me down for an ALT. PSN: KrugerrandMan. I've faced Croter twice this weekend and I'd like to see his dumb giant body die.

Will do!

Think you can help us out at 7:30pm EST?

CROTA KILL TEAM

PS4

2. El Cuco
3. ZombieJesus13
4. Ocean
5. DrDrizzay
6. Commish

Subs:
Coconut

Final roster!

haha yep.
When we have 3 GHs, I just time my approach and say ROCKETS right as I'm about to jump up into his ugly mug. It's a massacre every time the rockets are on point.

Agreed, relevelling weapons, trying to get the Last Word back up in level before IB on reset....PITA

I haven't leveled any of my new exotics for IB yet. I'm not good enough at PvP to get by without that leveling advantage, haha. Have you downed Crota on all your characters yet btw? I still don't have loot drops for my hunter despite (I think) 10 kills now between my titan and warlock.

Is Crota dropping Exotics like Atheon?

No. Maybe hard mode?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
CROTA KILL TEAM

PS4

2. El Cuco
3. ZombieJesus13
4. Ocean

Subs:
Coconut

Mindlog you available? Grave and Drizzay you able to help out?

I'm up for it if you need another. level 31 titan.

Deku Tree

If xur never sells it again and xur never offers the upgrade either then we will know that you are 100% correct.

Jinjo

I sharded an Iron Banner gauntlet.................... LOL

I did this too yesterday. Goddammit Bungie. That shit was way too expensive to farm shards off. Not gonna participate in IB this week. Life caught up and it's just too much a grind for armor that's comparable to regular vendor armor now.

Just lemme reforge my Timur's Lash and Jolder's Hammer to the higher damage models though pls.

CROTA KILL TEAM

PS4

2. El Cuco
3. ZombieJesus13
4. Ocean

Subs:
Coconut

I can be there. I can also do as many runs as people need for alts etc.

If xur never sells it again and xur never offers the upgrade either then we will know that you are 100% correct.

yeah, exactly, the fact that it hasn't been back since week 2 (when most people didn't buy it or know how good it was) is definitely part of my "conspiracy theory"

CROTA KILL TEAM

PS4

2. El Cuco
3. ZombieJesus13
4. Ocean

Subs:
Coconut

I'm up for it again. I won't be able to use my Gally though. No glimmer for Heavy.

I don't think I got any replies so I'll try again.

Hunger of Crota looks like a comparable weapon of legendary rarity. Tracking, non-tracking cluster.

CROTA KILL TEAM

PS4

2. El Cuco
3. ZombieJesus13
4. Ocean
5. DrDrizzay
6. Commish

Subs:
Coconut

Final roster!

Send me a reply with your PSN if I don't have it correct. Zombie, Drizzay and Ocean I have yours. El Cuco and Commish I am not sure if I have you as friends yet.

Send me a reply with your PSN if I don't have it correct. Zombie, Drizzay and Ocean I have yours. El Cuco and Commish I am not sure if I have you as friends yet.
Ah nevermind. Can you put me down as a sub then? Didn't know it was full already. Really want to knock it out today before it resets tomorrow.

Top Bottom