• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

So follow-up question to the VoG; how long does it typically take? Like I said, it's my first go-round, so I want to make sure I allot enough time for myself.

PVP Weapon Power Rankings
1. Zoba's blue sniper -- This is the only one that's not up for debate
2. Thorn
3. Hawkmoon
4. Suros
5. Plan C
6. The Last Word
7. Truth
8. Thunderlord
9. Found Verdict
10. Patience and Time

#1 when weilded by Zoba, probably a bit lower in most anyone else's hands.

rNilla

Ok so I still need to do 1 Nightfall, 2 Heroics, beat atheon on Hard, and do another fresh CE Raid. whos up for any or all of that starting at 3-3:30 PST/Bungie Time?

I'm up for another CE Raid and Weekly on my Warlock. I think she's just a couple glimmer and helium runs away from 31.

LordofPwn

#1 when wielded by Zoba, probably a bit lower in most anyone else's hands.

I'd like bungie to make a legendary sniper called "Zoba's Special" and it be even better than the one he uses. The thing had an amazing roll with perks and stats Praedyth's Revenge comes close but man is his blue something special...

CREMSteve

Yep. I haven't played the game since the last Iron Banner event where I finally acquired all the items to hit L30 on my characters. Unfortunately, I was not really able to play the game since. Logged in yesterday and saw the vendor granted me new equipment that already replaced my IB gear that I worked hard for. But I dont own the DLC anyway so at least Bungie is giving me the new gear. So at least that's done proper (besides the fact all old raid gear, etc is irrelevant within 3 months of launch)

But yeah the mistakes pointed out in that article made me logout after a bit. Just thinking bout releveling Ballarhorn, last word, etc just made me want to puke. It all just seems wrong and disrespectful. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few more days/weeks I dunno
They lvl much quicker now, it's not painful really at all.

PuMa

I guess I'll go level up the mythoclast now. I was under the impression that it was still horrible and Suros was still better in crucible.

Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of Suros users out there. I was never a huge fan of it myself, mostly because of the annoying firing noise that they've now patched. I eat people up with the Mythoclast though. It's unstoppable mid-range. Suros can out range it.

I'm down.

I do, I got busy during the week and I have not beaten Crota yet.

I don't know if I can do it though, being lvl 30. I would join if there's a raid.

I'm up for it if we can get a good team. Had to jump out on my previous team because of an errand but I can do it now or later if we get a team going.

I do, twice

Okay looks like we got a team.

Whats ya psn? Or ya can just add me, Router_Go_Vroom.

I'd like bungie to make a legendary sniper called "Zoba's Special" and it be even better than the one he uses. The thing had an amazing roll with perks and stats Praedyth's Revenge comes close but man is his blue something special...

It would have to be an exotic that Xur conveniently never sales otherwise everyone would get it and Bungie doesn't like it when everyone has access to the best.

LordofPwn

I'm up for another CE Raid and Weekly on my Warlock. I think she's just a couple glimmer and helium runs away from 31.

I'm up for 2 weeklies, Atheon and fresh CE raid haha

ok so 2 weeklies at 3:30 with you two and might be able to get a group real quick to knock Atheon out all within an hour or so and then Crotas End might have to wait until 8pm. Would love to run it with you again Rodiard, but if you can't make 8pm that's fine, probably best that someone else learns to use the relic anyways.

Also last time we did CE it took us a bit less than 2 hours and some of that time was me getting back into the fireteam and finding a 6th to replace Zoba.

rNilla

ok so 2 weeklies at 3:30 with you two and might be able to get a group real quick to knock Atheon out all within an hour or so and then Crotas End might have to wait until 8pm. Would love to run it with you again Rodiard, but if you can't make 8pm that's fine, probably best that someone else learns to use the relic anyways.

Also last time we did CE it took us a bit less than 2 hours and some of that time was me getting back into the fireteam and finding a 6th to replace Zoba.

Yeah 8PM PST is probably too late for me but we'll see. If our apartment had another room it wouldn't be an issue ;)

I'm itching to try Crota again with my Bladedancer after reset.

Ryhian

Looking to do Crota raid if anyone has any room for 31 hunter. Haven't really read any spoilers so basically going in blind.

PSN: Ryhian

Greenymac

I still need to run nightfall and weekly heroic on my TItan before reset. Any takers? Would like to knock them out around 6:30 or 6:45 eastern. Will be cheesing omnigul at the end.

1. Greenymac

LordofPwn

PERFECT, I'll be on at that time. I need to do the same. PSN KeanBurke
we should be able to get you in on the 2nd weekly, unless rodiard needs a 2nd.
reset is in 13 hours right?

what's the quickest route for 0 -> 100 vanguard marks in one day?
public events. take at most 5 minutes each and net you 4 marks. moon is the best as its a small map to get around and i've never had an issue with soloing eliminate the targets there. otherwise strike playlist. not sure how many the lvl 26 gives now.

LordofPwn

I still need to run nightfall and weekly heroic on my TItan before reset. Any takers? Would like to knock them out around 6:30 or 6:45 eastern. Will be cheesing omnigul at the end.

1. Greenymac

Join me for nightfall maybe?

I got

Heroic 1
Rodiard
LordofPwn
xplicitone

Heroic 2
LordofPwn
xplicitone
TalentBurke

Nightfall
LordofPwn
TalentBurke
Greenymac?

Atheon Hard
LordofPwn
TalentBurke
xplicitone
-
-
-

Join me for nightfall maybe?

I got

Heroic 1
Rodiard
LordofPwn
xplicitone

Heroic 2
LordofPwn
xplicitone
TalentBurke

Nightfall
LordofPwn
TalentBurke
Greenymac?

Atheon Hard
LordofPwn
TalentBurke
xplicitone
-
-
-
I would be interested in atheon hard unless I can get a group to run from gorgons

LordofPwn

Yeah 8PM PST is probably too late for me but we'll see. If our apartment had another room it wouldn't be an issue ;)

I'm itching to try Crota again with my Bladedancer after reset.

Yeah i understand. i also have a roomate but i can usually be fine until like midnight (10pm PST) and then i go microphone-less and put on my headphones. I'm up for a run tomorrow at around 3:30pm PST though too.

Navid

PVE Weapon Power Rankings

1. Jesus Horn
2. Future DLC Exotic
3. Future DLC Exotic
4. Black Hammer
5. Ice Breaker
6. Fatebringer
7. Open to Suggestions
8. Open to Suggestions
9. Vex Mythoclast
10. Dragon's Breath
I'd personally put Vision of Confluence right alongside Fatebringer... such a great all round primary.

Definity

Anyone up for a fresh crota raid?

I'm a lvl 30 Titan

PSN: Stewarto_0705

I have a level 31 hunter I can run with. I have experience up to the bridge and have only watched videos of the other phases.

I can play for about 3 hours.

PSN: DefinityXMG

Zoba's blue sniper

lol. mine isn't that great. if it had better stability and ambush scope (like the one somebody just got earlier), then yea it'd be hard to part with.

shame none of the legendaries from the vendors have as high of a rate of fire.

allday247

Banned
Corta checkpoint. 9pm GMT

1) Me - Milkypooz lvl 30 Titan. Yes
2) ICortosis - 30 lock. Yes
3) Nuzska 31 titan. Yes
4) Greyblade 31 titan/Warlock. Yes
5) TheCommonDan - 31 Hunter. Yes
6) Mindlog 31 titan/lock. Tentative Yes
Subs: Ambitious

Looks like we're good to down corta!

posted this earlier:

went ahead and mocked up my ideal pvp sniper. this is not real sadly

SG9eMzg.jpg

eagle eye slr20: longest-range scope
ambush slh25: agile, snappy scope
longview slr10: low-zoom scope

unflinching: easier to aim under fire

custom optics: precision glass for better zoom
quickdraw: can be drawn unbelievably fast
armor piercing rounds: wallhacks

firefly: shoot head, things go boom

bungie pls

snipers for some reason feel more personal than other guns.

Top Bottom