• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Looking for two for Nightfall.
Ready to start when full (after visiting the tower)
Either you have it unlocked or I can start it on my Alt and then switch characters immediately.

Just join my fireteam if you want

PS4 DekuBleep

Wait I don't need to have it unlocked to do it if I just join you? Then I'm down, I did it on my main already. Level 30 Hunter.

I called this happening like five threads ago, it's a convoluted system that virtually requires you to keep a spreadsheet out in order to determine personal goals. It's also not helped by a U.I that hides specific data points you kind of need to know two or three layers deep into a menu system. Then there's the fact that outside of running up to the specific people in the tower there's no way to figure out the rep for characters at a glance virtually requiring you to use the website if you want to know which faction would be closest to the level up goal. I think you've said you're pretty casual in how you approach this game so I don't know if you have multiple alts but that makes it even more infuriating since none of that progress is shared.

As an anecdote: I was partied up with a bunch of guys while we tried to figure out how we could most efficiently reach lvl31 to complete the raid and it was a laughable prolonged 20 minute sequence of back of the napkin math.

I just hit 20 and had/still have no idea what factions are/do lol

Jinjo

Jesus. Last three ROC strikes atleast one person in the fireteam got a legendary engram or legendary ship (a new one even! In red, motherfucker) except for yours truly offcourse.

Also, Mars strikes all day everyday it seems...

realcZk

Hunter and Warlock are both 31, locked and loaded for Crota's End on Friday :D

Don't think I'll be able to get my Titan there though, really want the new ver of helm of saint 14.

How are the vanguard weapons btw? Any standouts?

I've got all the vanguard armor now but I have a commendation to spend. Staying far away from The Devil You Don't. 5 rounds for a HC is awful.

I believe Hide and Seek was a Vanguard or Crucible weapon, right? I got one as a drop but it's identical perk-wise to Found Verdict without the oracle damage bonus but obviously higher base damage so basically, a better version of FV. I think FV was a weapon people liked using in Crucible?

anyone have a link to the super clean website that shows your destiny stats like reputation progress? its really minimalistic and I saw it the other day but can't seem to find it again.

pj

Banned
it's weird that Dinklege isn't back, right? Regardless of how you feel about his voice performance it's weird to not hear his voice.

Yeah it was weird to hear a voice telling me something without thinking "ughhhh shutupshutupshutup"

Hunter and Warlock are both 31, locked and loaded for Crota's End on Friday :D

Don't think I'll be able to get my Titan there though, really want the new ver of helm of saint 14.

That's it. You're fired.

We now have an opening for the raid this Friday as Byte couldn't get his Titan there. Asshole. Lazy fucking asshole.

How exactly did you grind your second character to 31 so quickly? Last night I didn't think you were that close...

Dave_6

Just got these two within 5 mins of each other. This came from the first chest in Crota's raid on my 3rd attempt at it (along with two shards)
15804960878_905e871e26_o.jpg

Got this (finally) from a legendary engram I got Sunday with my 27 Warlock. Been wanting this forever as I'm an exotic 'collector' lol. Obviously the engram was before the DLC so it's the lower attack rating.

blackjaw

Is the newer Hard light any good? Just got it from a random Roc strike. Attack at 302. I was running around with my VOC or Vex as my primary (depending on if I was using icebreaker). Not sure if I should level this or wait.

vRIZX3I.jpg

Um - not sure if this has been discussed already, but it looks like there is a daily reset on drops from clearing areas in the raid? Can anybody confirm???
A few GAFers tried earlier but didn't get loot again. There is a theory that the fireteam leader needs to have not done the raid yet for it to work. But I don't think anyone here has confirmed that yet.

I haven't touched the raid (other than the first chest) so I am willing to try it if there are others interested.

lol at the quests from eris

"farm the enemies you farmed last week worded slightly different"

i'd be more impressed if there was a "kill 1000 hive during a strike" for a hive hand cannon bounty. tedious? yes. grindy? indeed. but don't reskin the same bounties...

Hoodbury

That's it. You're fired.

We now have an opening for the raid this Friday as Byte couldn't get his Titan there. Asshole. Lazy fucking asshole.

How exactly did you grind your second character to 31 so quickly? Last night I didn't think you were that close...

Apparently he missed the memo Titans rule in the new raid.

PuMa

Is the newer Hard light any good? Just got it from a random Roc strike. Attack at 302. I was running around with my VOC or Vex as my primary (depending on if I was using icebreaker). Not sure if I should level this or wait.

vRIZX3I.jpg

I haven't gotten the upgraded one, but I really liked it overall. It's got a stability buff too, which is great. It just feels like a beast with that awesome fire sound effect.

Top Bottom