• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
A few GAFers tried earlier but didn't get loot again. There is a theory that the fireteam leader needs to have not done the raid yet for it to work. But I don't think anyone here has confirmed that yet.

I haven't touched the raid (other than the first chest) so I am willing to try it if there are others interested.

Just saw in the comments that they did the raid before the weekly reset, and then did again right after the weekly reset. Hence the "double" drop.

Although, that doesn't explain not getting anything in the chest?

Butane123

I don't get why we can't repeat the first mission? SO we basically get 2 story mission, not 3.
I don't think the first mission was actually a mission at all. When you talk to Eris the first time it is only labeled as a quest step, which then unlocks the first mission, the one where you protect Rasputin's bunker.

The third mission probably comes after you complete the XUR quest step... At least that's my guess.

lupin23rd

Just to confirm, with the removal of paying materials to get marks, there is no way to get crucible marks faster that simply playing crucible right?

Jinjo

More generous cryptarch my ass! Opened atleast 5 new cryptarch packages the past few days. 2 blue engrams every single goddamn time.

Just call it what it is Bungie, you just wanted to lower the rate at which blue engrams contribute to a cryptarch rankup. Don't give us this more generous bullshit, we're not swallowing it.

realcZk

That's it. You're fired.

We now have an opening for the raid this Friday as Byte couldn't get his Titan there. Asshole. Lazy fucking asshole.

How exactly did you grind your second character to 31 so quickly? Last night I didn't think you were that close...

lol i was short on shrds so i sharded some extra vog gear

kiguel182

Does that I thingy in the top corner of an item mean it's expansion only?

All the Vanguard stuff on the Titan guy in the tower has that. Does it mean there's no equipment for me there if I don't have the expansion?

I must be reading this wrong...

I mean, where can I buy gear now with Vanguard points?

blackjaw

Rngeesus loves me today. First hard light and now a legendary ship from random strikes

fzm6gMz.jpg

Kensuke

Can you tell us your strat? Spoiler marked of course.

Sure. We'll post a video soon. Here's a small description though:

Sword user needs to be 31, preferably a hunter with stealth.

Everyone needs to go to the spot where you first enter the room. It's out in the open, but you won't get swarmed by thralls much. The swordbearer comes to you quicker too. Don't stay at the Deathsinger corridors, that's what everyone is doing, but it sucks.
The best thing about the new spot is that the ogres come you quick as well and you can kill them both with with weapons of light. A striker grenade that blinds them also really helps.

After the swordbearer goes down the Hunter should pick it right away and move up to the boxes at the center near Crota. From the boxes he can jump up there with the bladedancer high jump. The guys hitting Crota need to call out health percentages to get the timing right. R1R1R2R2. You can start hitting as soon as he begins to start kneeling. Don't get greedy though. You need to get out on time.

Blade user goes back to the boxes where he first jumped from and crouches to stealth. The other guys shoot Crota again to make him kneel twice. This second time is crucial and he needs to go down faster. Use Gjallarhorns this time. The blade user can right up to Crota without worrying about timing because he should be in stealth mode.

When Crota kneels 2 guys should already be standing on top of the pillars near the starting spot (there are 4 of such pillars). These guys need to take care of the Knights shooting grenades from the two towers in the back. Those knights kill the sword user, that's why.

Hopefully this will be useful. We got Crota way before the enraged sign even showed up.

Hoodbury

For that whole "no control on the new maps" discussion that happened a page or two back:

This was from the weekly update last week:
Premium Playlists

• New Playlists will let you play new content right away
  • Playlists will require The Dark Below to enter
  • Each week, we'll have two additional Premium Playlists
Week One will be Clash and Rumble on new maps
Rotators will change each week
New experimental modes to be included!

All the Vanguard stuff on the Titan guy in the tower has that. Does it mean there's no equipment for me there if I don't have the expansion?

You're not locked out of the new gear.

Just new raid gear. You can buy the ones with the I in the upper corner.

That just indicates it was added with The Dark Below. You can still access it without the expansion.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Sure. We'll post a video soon. Here's a small description though:

Sword user needs to be 31, preferably a hunter with stealth.

Everyone needs to go to the spot where you first enter the room. It's out in the open, but you won't get swarmed by thralls much. The swordbearer comes to you quicker too. Don't stay at the Deathsinger corridors, that's what everyone is doing, but it sucks.
The best thing about the new spot is that the ogres come you quick as well and you can kill them both with with weapons of light. A striker grenade that blinds them also really helps.

After the swordbearer goes down the Hunter should pick it right away and move up to the boxes at the center near Crota. From the boxes he can jump up there with the bladedancer high jump. The guys hitting Crota need to call out health percentages to get the timing right. R1R1R2R2. You can start hitting as soon as he begins to start kneeling. Don't get greedy though. You need to get out on time.

Blade user goes back to the boxes where he first jumped from and crouches to stealth. The other guys shoot Crota again to make him kneel twice. This second time is crucial and he needs to go down faster. Use Gjallarhorns this time. The blade user can right up to Crota without worrying about timing because he should be in stealth mode.

When Crota kneels 2 guys should already be standing on top of the pillars near the starting spot (there are 4 of such pillars). These guys need to take care of the Knights shooting grenades from the two towers in the back. Those knights kill the sword user, that's why.

Hopefully this will be useful. We got Crota way before the enraged sign even showed up.

We tried to do the same thing but without stealth. Just couldn't damage him enough to get him to kneel again.

Thanks for this btw. :)

Unknown, Kopy and others, you guys wanna try this out today?

Kensuke

We tried to do the same thing but without stealth. Just couldn't damage him enough to get him to kneel again.

Use weapons of light and one guy should save Gjallarhorn for the occasion.

It's late for me right now. I'll come back online in like 11 hours. Definitely want to try this out, kind of glad you got your Hunter to 31 :p

Do you still have the CP? Not sure I have it on my Titan anymore.

Where's my sparrow racing mini-game?!?

This, I want.

Oh wow looks nice. I wish ships were more utilized. . Destiny 2 I guess. Current gen only should really help the game.

Same! I was just writing that. Some kind of shooting mini game while flying to the Tower/Missions . Or even external like a patrol bounty where you can just go to it and play, or something in the Tower. Anything Bungie!

phen0m24

This, I want.

Same! I was just writing that. Some kind of shooting mini game while flying to the Tower/Missions . Or even external like a patrol bounty where you can just go to it and play, or something in the Tower. Anything Bungie!

a Dinklebot soundboard

you said anything

Jrmint

Is there a good resource for the new public event times?

I tried destinypublicevents.com but every single event it showed never happened.
I find it pretty useful. I believe the green icons are guaranteed world events - such as Mothyards and The Divide. Yellow is less common and red is rare. Sometimes you need to wait up to 5 minutes for it to spawn. I agree they are annoying to farm though.

Top Bottom