• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

That...is odd. Do you also take the same amount of damage?

also in new raid effectiveness: Titans >>> Warlock >>>>>>>>>>>> Hunter.

I do think Bladedancers get to shine just a little bit at the beginning of the raid. Their super is very valuable when you become overwhelmed. And they can create a shitload of orbs.

hey guys, i was playing with my friends last night (DLC) and they got a mission from that women in the tower but i didn't. something on earth walking around finding dudes and killing them is what they did but somehow i can't get the mission. we more or less did everything together so why can't i get that one?

i'm lvl 25 maybe i need to lvl up more?

Hoodbury

I think it's a mistake to add yet another faction vendor with Eris. All these activities just fragment the reward structure for the game.

I wish all of the various bounties fed one single rep progression (aside from the Cryptarch), and all marks were pooled into a single currency. Having rep meters for each faction, crucible, vanguard and now Eris is absurd, especially since it's vanguard commendations that are needed for the vanguard gear.

Layering on new rep, materials and currencies with each addition to the game is going to make the game really unwieldy. It's already almost there.

People like watching bars fill up though.

Need two experienced for VoG..fresh run...Already have four experienced but we want more ASS... Greenymac is psn. Quote for adding.

I'm running Crotas End right now, would you do me a solid and let me know when you get to Atheon for the checkpoint?

Running our first #ForeverNoVex runs tonight with 5 other Gafers to try and get it to finally drop

purg3

slept with Malkin
I've vented some frustrations regarding the game lately, but I am impressed so far with Crota's End. My team hasn't beaten it yet, but so far I'm digging the contributions both Titan subclasses can perform:

• Helm of Sainting with Dance Bubble during
    the construction of (Jeff) Bridges, blinding Sword Bearers and Gatekeepers
    really helps to tip the balance to the team.
  • I've heard Flashbangs are also effective with above, but have not tried yet myself.I enjoy the strategy of changing sublclasses, perks and armor for each encounter, keeps it fresh.

A few Titans in the party seem clutch out of the gate.

I did that with my Titan just as the last guy on our team was making it across the bridge. Free hits, so smart. Too bad we didn't realize it until that point after a few hours of getting close, but that allowed us to clear that section. Will make it so much easier next time through.

Love my Titan. Best PVE class.

Holy crap. Pantheon is shitting awful. My goodness. Shitcan that level with First Light.

Amen.

It just seems like a bigger, crappier version of the smaller skirmish map of the same area. That map is a sniper's wet dream with low ceilings and no decent escape routes. It got boring so fast, I basically spent the whole match dueling another guy wielding a Thorn. We had some pretty hilarious trades but otherwise that map sucks balls.

realcZk

Got a new legendary sniper from a drop, LDR 5001. Has unflinching, and shortgaze SLH10 (short range scope). Also has snapshot and really good stability. Should be a nice lil PvP gun.

hydruxo

How are the vanguard weapons btw? Any standouts?

I've got all the vanguard armor now but I have a commendation to spend. Staying far away from The Devil You Don't. 5 rounds for a HC is awful.

I've got all the vanguard armor now but I have a commendation to spend. Staying far away from The Devil You Don't. 5 rounds for a HC is awful.

To me it seems like it will be shit for pve but it might make a decent pvp handcannon since it has a fairly quick reload. There's rarely ever a time I need more than 5 shots to take someone out, and if I do then I'm probably already dead.

The Nightfall was really challenging for my group last night. I was 30 and they were both 29's but damn, I guess the combination of not knowing what around the corner and that god damn arc burn. My 300 Thunderlord came to the rescue at the end. For our troubles, myself and another got strange coins and my one buddy got No Land Beyond. The exotic sniper that can be equipped as a primary. So jelly. He doesn't even snipe!

What kept a smile on my face yesterday was being able to say "Well we are on the 3rd/4th part, Zoba's group on twitch just got to the 2nd part."

Friendly competition.

Also is it confirmed that Crota at the end drops raid loot? I need the raid chest. .

hydruxo

To me it seems like it will be shit for pve but it might make a decent pvp handcannon since it has a fairly quick reload. There's rarely ever a time I need more than 5 shots to take someone out, and if I do then I'm probably already dead.

Yeah I wouldn't mind trying it out at some point but commendations are too valuable to waste on that right now haha. I'm spoiled by Fatebringer & Hawkmoon having 12-13 rounds to even consider using a 5 round HC.

hydruxo

What kept a smile on my face yesterday was being able to say "Well we are on the 3rd/4th part, Zoba's group on twitch just got to the 2nd part."

Friendly competition.

Also is it confirmed that Crota at the end drops raid loot? I need the raid chest. .

Not sure about armor (I'd assume you can get armor from him though) but Datto got the shotgun from Crota

zewone

If it has Field Scout it should get 13 shots I believe.

The rate of fire is pretty nice on TDYD.

Friendly competition.

Even though we were testing a bunch of dumb shit, we still ended up missing a chest
after beating the bridge section but before jumping down to the next section

bosseye

I know chances are slim, but if anyone without TDB fancies running some boring old Vault of Glass RIGHT THE FLIP NOW then I'm available. Level 29 Warlock.

PSN BarryFishFinger.

Hoodbury

I do that without popping Bladedancer.

I did it once with fist of havok :{

Created 8 orbs from it still somehow.
but ya, I fell in more holes than I'd like to admit just running around normally. Sometimes you get punted or bashed and get all turned around and I had no idea which direction I was facing anymore

The true BS about the raid is that there's no loot drops for the third checkpoint.

Deathsinger part.

also final part spoilers

Crota only has one form. I thought Bungie confirmed there would be more than one of his forms to fight. I have a feeling they plan to lock more sections of the raid behind hard mode.

Even though we were testing a bunch of dumb shit, we still ended up missing a chest
after beating the bridge section but before jumping down to the next section

Yea I saw that video earlier today and I got upset that we didn't get it ha.

As I understand it there are 2 chests in this raid as of now discovered

Top Bottom