• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Nice job with the way you handle Crota's End in regards to spoilers. I can read the thread without being spoiled. :)

RNG was nice to me yesterday... Got these for my Warlock;

468.jpg
Holy crap, that's gorgeous.

Deku Tree

Thanks for having me, we made quick work of it. Also the Knight was cheesing us through the wall. Sigh.

Wish I would of gotten Hawkmoon but you know RNG. Glad you got what you wanted.

Yeah that was fun!!! Hope you get Hawkmoon soon !! Wouldn't you know right after I spend my commendation and 120 marks to buy a helmet not only do I get a legendary engram that turns into a second helmet but I also get Praxic which meant that I didn't even need to buy the helmet to reach 31 anyway x2.

Hyun Sai

Is there a good resource for the new public event times?

I tried destinypublicevents.com but every single event it showed never happened.

Be there at least 2 minutes before, and stay up to 5 minutes after, it will be there. Click thumbs up when the event starts so the tracker can be more precise.

realcZk

Leveled up my No Land Beyond to the exotic perk, "The Master" (Increased precision damage. Kills briefly increase damage against the next target). Still really disappointed with this gun. The perk doesn't stack, its just for the kill after your first kill, then it resets. Precision damage goes up from 24XX -> 28XX on Cabal enemies with this active, for example. One shots them in the head and kills most trash in body shots, but the slow rate of fire and small ammo reserve makes this gun leave a lot to be desired for PvE. Using it in a strike for example, where hordes of enemies rush you would just be extremely painful. Without gear to increase your sniper ammo, you can only carry 6 rounds in reserve. A decent secondary sniper beats this thing in every way possible.

I tried it in PvP and its a OHKO for a headshot, 2HKO for a body shot. Not bad, but its a little disorienting to aim, something about the sights I'm having trouble adjusting to. A sniper with short range scope is a lot easier to handle. Definitely a cool looking gun, but I can only see it being useful for very few cases.

LordofPwn

Leveled up my No Land Beyond to the exotic perk, "The Master" (Increased precision damage. Kills briefly increase damage against the next target). Still really disappointed with this gun. The perk doesn't stack, its just for the kill after your first kill, then it resets. Precision damage goes up from 24XX -> 28XX on Cabal enemies with this active, for example. One shots them in the head and kills most trash in body shots, but the slow rate of fire and small ammo reserve makes this gun leave a lot to be desired for PvE.

I tried it in PvP and its a OHKO for a headshot, 2HKO for a body shot. Not bad, but its a little disorienting to aim, something about the sights I'm having trouble adjusting to. Definitely a cool looking gun, but I can only see it being useful for very few cases.

It's a PVP gun, and as someone who wants a mid range sniper i'm jealous you have one.

My North American Xbox One clan is recruiting for Crota's End. We did Vault regularly but have had some players quit due to fatigue. We want to bolster our ranks again. We typically start raids around 830 EST. Shoot me a PM if youre interested. Its better than using LFG tools.

I'm a 30.5 Titan :) and i have a titan alt. I can also bring another 30 with an alt and will soon have a third person in our group (he's 28 at the moment).

If you guys raid around that time consistently, that works for me, and will work for the other two depending on what days you raid.

Haven't set foot in CE yet as I was waiting for them to give it a go this weekend blind, but if you guys are getting a run together tomorrow, I'd let to become part of a regular group, as i'm sure they would too.

phen0m24

Is there a good resource for the new public event times?

I tried destinypublicevents.com but every single event it showed never happened.

Just go to the moon and do a helium farming run around the Anchor of Light location. I swear they spawn there pretty regularly. One (Walker) spawns before the Hellmouth path, and another spawns across from it by the what looks like a drilling tower (WarSat).

Plus you're close enough to Archer's Line where iirc you can see WarSat events spawn from the loop as well.

(the loop I used was always one done by njoi - this one:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z_oHLTE_40

blackjaw

In orbit as requested

bcQXGxm.jpg

Not from a mission, just from a random ROC strike. Looks pretty cool other than all the checkerboards which I think is the armor.

Dante316

Noooooooo, forgot to switch my warlock bond...got dead orbit rep imstead of vanguard. ..dammit, makes it longer to get commondation.

purg3

slept with Malkin
My North American Xbox One clan is recruiting for Crota's End. We did Vault regularly but have had some players quit due to fatigue. We want to bolster our ranks again. We typically start raids around 830 EST. Shoot me a PM if youre interested. Its better than using LFG tools.

I have a 31 Defender Titan (x3) I would be down to group with xbox one people that raid on the regular.

I haven't gotten the upgraded one, but I really liked it overall. It's got a stability buff too, which is great. It just feels like a beast with that awesome fire sound effect.

agreed, I love mine and hopefully xur has it for an upgrade this friday.

I can do it, I haven't unlocked but I can join u if u have, lvl 30 warlock.

Me if you still have soace

Nightfall done. Wasn't as bad as I expected but there were a few hairy parts. Note to self. Double check the Knights are dead before entering boss room. The one that surprised us almost wiped. Lol. Dante pulled us through going solo.

Got a Heavy legendary engram, turned into Against All Odds. Doesn't look very exciting, just a Void MC. Guess it will replace The Swarm for Void Burn and that's about it.

Jinjo

Xur better bring the good stuff this friday. 6 strange coins from my last Nightfall. Damn you people with all these new exotics already.

Wallach

Is that the charge time upgrade on Light of the Abyss? Looks like a crazy good FR.

Edit - Destinydb says it is not, still the base charge time is really good on it already. I'd probably rock Speed Reload in that case.

Liquidsnake00

lvl 30 hunter

DJ88

Has this been answered yet? If I rank up one of the factions, do I get a commendation? Or do you only get them from ranking up the actual crucible and vanguard reputation?

Nightfall done. Wasn't as bad as I expected but there were a few hairy parts. Note to self. Double check the Knights are dead before entering boss room. The one that surprised us almost wiped. Lol. Dante pulled us through going solo.

Got a Heavy legendary engram, turned into Against All Odds. Doesn't look very exciting, just a Void MC. Guess it will replace The Swarm for Void Burn and that's about it.

I got Against All Odds yesterday with field scout. Looks like it has the highest impact possible for machine guns. I think it'll be pretty solid, but I'll see how it is when I level it a bit.

I got Against All Odds yesterday with field scout. Looks like it has the highest impact possible for machine guns. I think it'll be pretty solid, but I'll see how it is when I level it a bit.

Yeah, I noticed impact was pretty high, but Stability is shit. Still gonna give it a spin.

Top Bottom