• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

noomi

Guys... I'm confused....

is it still 11+ light to gain a new level or +12 now?

132 light = 31
144 light = 32

?

Thanks for this, our problem was that

we would stay at the entrance after grabbing the Chalice and just snipe him from there, we could get him down once but he would move to the left or right after getting up and we couldn't shoot him anymore. Definitely should be able to do it now.

Playing this game without DLC is like trying to make dinner when hungry with little food in the house, you are looking everywhere to find something reasonable to eat and fill you up.

That is how destiny plays to me right now.

Having engram withdrawal

LiK

Playing this game without DLC is like trying to make dinner when hungry with little food in the house, you are looking everywhere to find something reasonable to eat and fill you up.

Having engram withdrawal

Pay up for your fix.

Hoodbury

Having engram withdrawal

If you're still playing the game why wouldn't you buy the DLC?

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Just a horror story I wanted to share. I've been getting into Crucible these last few weeks. Finally felt fair after getting a decent Fusion Rifle and Exotic Scout Rifle. Was grinding to rank 3 had 200 marks saved and the day I hit rank 3 is the day the expansion drops. I go to buy a bunch of Crucible gear and lo and behold not only do I need rank 3 and marks but now I need a commendation which is essentially an addition level. Seriously, fuck that. Oh, and all the extra Vanguard ranks I have? No commendation from those. I was already annoyed about the cost/content of Dark Below, but I think I'm finally done with this fucking game.

How do I unlock the weekly and nightfal on the destination map?

Yes I do have the DLC

First you do the 3 Eris purple mission bounties. Then you do her kill 25 knights/wizards bounty. Lastly, you do the 3 Eris patrol bounties on Earth. There are guides but 1 is near Rocketyards. Enter the structure you go through the strike. Another is going to Skywatch via Mothyards Building. In the pitch black room in the corner you'll see the person you kill. Then the last one is outside of the building that you go through towards the back of Skywatch.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...res_how_to_unlock_the_weekly_nightfallheroic/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got a Legendary engram in vanguard roc last night with computermkii and was so tired it barely registered. looked in my inventory and it turned into a Valedictorian Arc rocket launcher with third eye, field scout and cluster bombs. and I had no decent arc heavy on this character at all.

yes please

If you're still playing the game why wouldn't you buy the DLC?

I like destiny, i'd be fine if tigers still rewarded engrams.

I refuse to pay £20 GBP for this first dlc, doesn't help with half of my regular raid group are not buying it and playing something else too.

zewone

Just a horror story I wanted to share. I've been getting into Crucible these last few weeks. Finally felt fair after getting a decent Fusion Rifle and Exotic Scout Rifle. Was grinding to rank 3 had 200 marks saved and the day I hit rank 3 is the day the expansion drops. I go to buy a bunch of Crucible gear and lo and behold not only do I need rank 3 and marks but now I need a commendation which is essentially an addition level. Seriously, fuck that. Oh, and all the extra Vanguard ranks I have? No commendation from those. I was already annoyed about the cost/content of Dark Below, but I think I'm finally done with this fucking game.

If you want to get a commendation, you can put on a faction mark and do PVE activities.

The faction packages give out Crucible Commendations.

EDIT: I don't know if they do before Rank 3. I hope they do for your sake.

I hear you. Bungie did give a heads up on this at their site so people could prepare and not rank up prematurely , but that isn't good enough. Not everyone follows every bit of news. The game should have posted a pre-DLC newsletter or something. Sorry that happened.

got this from an engram. third eye, spray and play, fitted stock, hammer forged and flared magwell. does it look any good?

JgIzS5f.jpg

Hoodbury

Only the chest and the helm need the commendations. You can still buy the gloves and boots. And by the time you get enough marks again you'll probably rank up and get a commendation. See how it works out nicely actually?

zewone

was worth a shot. they have all the cool names.

i like them more than scout rifles so i wish they weren't so sucky.

Hey, if it's your only 331 attack item it might be worth using. It doesn't sound that bad.

It's just the most pulse rifles are outclassed by hand cannons and scouts.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So regardless if you got raid gear you still need raid materials to upgrade them, meaning you have to play Crota's End over and over and over again until you get them. So basically leveling up to 31 right now is not a bad idea since leveling up to 32 won't happen any time soon unless RNG loves you.

Got a Legendary engram in vanguard roc last night with computermkii and was so tired it barely registered. looked in my inventory and it turned into a Valedictorian Arc rocket launcher with third eye, field scout and cluster bombs. and I had no decent arc heavy on this character at all.

yes please

Just in time for Nightfall. I got to break in my Thunderlord 2.0 on it. With no upgrades at all it was doing massive damage to Omnigul. Shredded Knights and everything else. It was a lot of fun.

Does anyone want to play with me tonight?

I should be home by 5:10 PST.

Liquidsnake00

I enjoy doing thw quests with someone else, also Im down for daily weeekly nightfall VOG

XBOX ONE

Eveyrone who plays on Xbox One friend me

got this from an engram. third eye, spray and play, fitted stock, hammer forged and flared magwell. does it look any good?

JgIzS5f.jpg

Wow! This looks like it has the same ROF and Impact as Red Death, but way more range and stability! Very curious how this feels

X-Frame

So regardless if you got raid gear you still need raid materials to upgrade them, meaning you have to play Crota's End over and over and over again until you get them. So basically leveling up to 31 right now is not a bad idea since leveling up to 32 won't happen any time soon unless RNG loves you.

Yeah I think that is their intention. If you have 100 shards then there is no reason now to hold out for raid gear so there is no reason now to NOT use shards on regular legendary gear because even exotics don't require shards.

Nothing besides VoG raid gear (no point in upgrading them now anyway) and store bought or dropped Legendary.

I actually like this system but wish that instead of the Daily and public events and whatnot dropping Ascendant mats that they now also drop Radiant mats as well. And I wouldn't be mad about getting like 12 Radiant mats in the Nightfall either, if that happens now.

Wallach

was worth a shot. they have all the cool names.

i like them more than scout rifles so i wish they weren't so sucky.

It looks a lot like Super Pox VLO in stats, which was my main primary all throughout the pre-DB game. I think for sustained DPS purposes though not rolling Field Scout kinda hurts on a PR; you'd probably want to go the other way and run Flared Magwell I guess.

Just opened my 2nd rank up Vanguard package and got another commendation. Seems like it's guaranteed, so that's a relief. Also, got The Devil You Don't hand-cannon in same package, def. will keep and upgrade.

Oh and Warlock raid chest piece:

Looks dope, hopefully ill snag one eventually.

LiK

Just opened my 2nd rank up Vanguard package and got another commendation. Seems like it's guaranteed, so that's a relief. Also, got The Devil You Don't hand-cannon in same package, def. will keep and upgrade.

Oh and Warlock raid chest piece:

LOL, crazy collar

Top Bottom