• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

SharkJAW

Just finished my Daily Story mission, want to do some Roc Strikes and pray to RNGesus you get it as a reward while we wait for Xursday? Or ANYONE who's up for some Roc Strikes feel free to join as well.

Also praying for some last minute Strange Coins so I have enough to buy both the armor piece and weapon Xur sells, just in case
I'll get in on that goodness. Let me log on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
B5Mrn7FCIAEyclo.jpg:large

B5Mrrg2CQAA6emH.jpg:large
#NoCarrot

Remember when this game released and there was a big calendar of upcoming events to look forward too over the first month? I kinda miss that. Even though they haven't panned out as significant content, they were something to look forward too and it seems odd that there is nothing like that any more. No upcoming PvE events have been announced. Iron Banner is like a random Salvage weekend now...

Bungie's big promise of a living, breathing world that is changing every day with new things to do has gone up in smoke. There was a Bungie dev that posted on twitter lamenting the lower score reviews even those that had been delayed a week to experience the raid and expressed sadness that they were missing so much to come proclaiming that "We are just getting started". Somehow I don't think the Queen's Wrath or Combined Arms did much to sway opinions.

these guys beat us 4 times mainly because our random liked rushing off to his death.

FpVcEd4.jpg

but then the 5th game happened. you don't wanna know what happened that game.

actually, i'll upload it.

LordofPwn

Black Hammer 466 head shot as a Lv30 in IB... why?

Which of those 3 perks you going to roll with?
Because reasons...

And I'm not sure, explosive rounds are disruptive a bit, and not sure to what extent armor piercing rounds will do. But faster reload is always welcome. Just happy I got third eye and zen moment. Can get rid of my lord high fixer now if I want.

goonie

Anyone need to kill Xyor? A friend and I just started, so if you need it, request and join! (We're both mic-less at the moment, though!)

PSN: goonieee08

Decided to run VoG hard to "farm exotics". Lol. What the fuck was I thinking.

I got only shards/energy until Atheon, at which point I got Timebreaker.

Why did I think it would be any different than before????

these guys beat us 4 times mainly because our random liked rushing off to his death.

FpVcEd4.jpg

but then the 5th game happened. you don't wanna know what happened that game.

actually, i'll upload it.

Someone got to feed the other team.
sorry for the blueberries thats been messing up your game

Pretty awesome running crota for several hours, giving people advice the whole time and 2 hours into it people ask why this or that happens and I get to say that it's the advice I've been saying this time repeatedly over and over

this is now 8 hours of crota without beating it :|

beat the whole raid in an hour on one party, 8 hours at crota without killing it with the other two parties.

jadedm17

Pretty awesome running crota for several hours, giving people advice the whole time and 2 hours into it people ask why this or that happens and I get to say that it's the advice I've been saying this time repeatedly over and over

beat the whole raid in an hour on one party, 8 hours at crota without killing it with the other two parties.

You're only as good as your weakest link. It happens. That's happened to me in Vault of Glass.

Any gaffers looking for a Crota checkpoint? I'm really hoping to find some people to be able to finish it. Spent several hours with a couple groups without success. I'm hoping for a couple more tries tonight.

ocean

Banned
there is no such thing as a third subeclass never been anounced or anything, whatever you think about a third subclass is something you made up in your head

Well considering the fact that the space is there, it's not crazy to assume it'll eventually be added. Moreover, all 3 classes have 2/3 elements covered. Giving Titans a Solar subclass, Hunters a Void one and Warlocks an Arc one would complement every system in the game so it's a likely eventual addition.

Actual details on what the abilities would be or when these things would be released are, however, things people have made up in their heads in nothing more like you say.

We beat him in 10 minutes the other day, what seems to be the problem?

*Wipes tea off keyboard*
Damn, first coffee now tea, at this rate I"ll have to buy a new one.

Well considering the fact that the space is there, it's not crazy to assume it'll eventually be added. Moreover, all 3 classes have 2/3 elements covered. Giving Titans a Solar subclass, Hunters a Void one and Warlocks an Arc one would complement every system in the game so it's a likely eventual addition.

Actual details on what the abilities would be or when these things would be released are, however, things people have made up in their heads in nothing more like you say.

Would definitely like to be a Solar Titan. I don't think that we'll see it in destiny 1 tough. The focus on having two of the three elements seems to be to force cooperative play.

I still need to get in on the VoG glimmer farm, but the secret is still not out.

Just perusing some other places and questions about glimmer farming are unanimously the Exclusion Zone.

XAL

Yup.

Glide doesn't offer the height of lift or the mobility of double/triple jump. It's an in-between and the in-between isn't appealing. I've used all three classes and Hunter is my favorite. Great mobility and great perks for solo play.

Yup.

Hunters are little bouncy things. They're the nimble platformers - triple jump has great horizontal coverage that angles slightly upward.

Warlocks have horizontal + downward gliding movement. They have the floatiest horizontal jump movement that angles downward. Their jumps glide down naturally.

Titans are horizontal + upward boost movement. They have the fastest horizontal jump that either goes perfectly straight or angles up a bit. No contest they have the best vertical and horizontal jump coverage. For Titans to float or glide at a slight downward angle they have to initiate a jump after falling downwards with enough force to cancel out their jump's upward momentum.

I only ranked up my warlock and titan in the past few weeks and thems my observations.

I know it won't happen, but Crucible would be hilarous tomorrow if Xur sold Gjallarhorn.

What time does Xur arrive pacific time tomorrow? Also where's the best place to farm for glimmer?

Xur, 1AM PST.

VoG at Gatekeeper checkpoint with full fireteam. Use your beads, clear yellows and wipe repeatedly.

broony

The art of destiny book turned up from Amazon UK the other day and I've on just had a chance to have a quick look. Really nice if you like this sort of thing.

Tawpgun

Fuckin embarassing hearing from peeps how easy Crota is and my team only managed to get him half way before we gave up.

The timing was off on sword guy getting to Crota, sometimes Crota would move at the last second. Ugh. Gonna watch some videos, we have to be doing something wrong.

Konosuke

Fuckin embarassing hearing from peeps how easy Crota is and my team only managed to get him half way before we gave up.

The timing was off on sword guy getting to Crota, sometimes Crota would move at the last second. Ugh. Gonna watch some videos, we have to be doing something wrong.

You need to kill the swordbearer asap when Crota is middle.

I'm hoping so also. Come on xur you slut it's Xmas time dude you gotta throw us something.
Yeah :/ atleast something new or that has not been sold within the last few weeks. I might run a few strikes and pray to RNGsus..give me a sign for once!! Making me doublt my faith in RNGsus!!

Top Bottom