• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Fuckin embarassing hearing from peeps how easy Crota is and my team only managed to get him half way before we gave up.

The timing was off on sword guy getting to Crota, sometimes Crota would move at the last second. Ugh. Gonna watch some videos, we have to be doing something wrong.
He's not easy per se, but if you've got a good team he's entirely manageable. Thankfully there's no randomising bullshit in the CE Raid, unlike Bungie "fixing" the "bug" in the Atheon fight.

Mattiator

Yeah :/ think I might run a few strikes and pray to RNGsus..give me a sign for once!! Making me doublt my faith in RNGsus!!

Yup I've been praying but he hasn't showed any mercy, he wants me to burn for my original thoughts towards destiny lol. I'd join ya but I gotta crash something fierce hope ya get it.

edit nvm. Let me switch gears to my hunter. And my mic is dead so it needs to be charged Matt

ahh okay I gtocha now. Lol have a bad habit of browsing really fast and assuming things

Fuckin embarassing hearing from peeps how easy Crota is and my team only managed to get him half way before we gave up.

The timing was off on sword guy getting to Crota, sometimes Crota would move at the last second. Ugh. Gonna watch some videos, we have to be doing something wrong.

if the hive sword bearer is out too long, crota is going to move. he has to go down quickly and then your sword bearer has ro hurry into position to callout when they're ready to jump. DPS/shield break on crota doesn't start until they're ready to jump. as soon as you start firing at crota, sword bearer should be making their way onto the platform. after the attack, DPS waits 2 seconds as he's standing up (he's immune right now so don't waste rockets) and then fires at him again to get a second hit. sword bearer should still be near crota, but not directly under him (unless they have camo). you can get two hits doing it this way, but it's all about the timing. sword bearer has to give the call.

when crota moves, he tends to slow down in the middle of the bridge if he's aggro'd to the sword bearer, so you can still down him and avoiding wasting a strike (unless the sword is already spent)

it's not "easy" until everyone is on point, but the only one exposed to much risk is the sword bearer.

Xamdou

I know it won't happen, but Crucible would be hilarous tomorrow if Xur sold Gjallarhorn.

Xur, 1AM PST.

VoG at Gatekeeper checkpoint with full fireteam. Use your beads, clear yellows and wipe repeatedly.

2 hours till ballerhorn is available :)
haha I wish :(
But Xur is here in 2 hours

Xur will be here in about 1 hour and 53 minutes.

I would prefer Xur sell Gallahorn then Vex... also it's almost X-mas so Bungie better be damn generous and also have Xur sell a new lvl 32 Warlock Exotic. Last week was complete bs since Xur only sold one lvl 32 exotic armor and it was only for the bloody Titan. Also bought an Exotic helmet engram last week from Xur and it gave me a Hunter exotic helm even though I am a Warlock.

Arrrammis

Both of the PS exclusive strikes are phoned in low development investment content. Sony did fans no favors by signing this.

Pretty much. Although, the Flayers is an interesting change of pace compared to a single bullet sponge boss. And blasting them off the edge with rockets is always fun.

ocean

Banned

I joined a group the other day, we'd never played together until that run and beat Crota in 2 tries. It was under 10 minutes. I then tried to do it with another group on my alt and spent 2 hours unsuccessfully trying.

It's about timing. You need to kill Swordbearer fast. Real fast. This means using grenades, special and even heavy ammo on him. If you just use primaries on him it can be hard to down him quick enough. Being too slow means Crota runs off to the right before your Sword guy gets his shot at him.

Timing on DPS is also important. Depending on what weapons you're using it'll take a few seconds more of a few seconds less to down Crota's shields. Do it too soon and Crota is standing up before or soon after sword carrier gets to him for instance.

It can be tricky but the main problem is team's that literally repeat the same thing over and over without really understanding where their issue lies. Things to watch out for: am I getting the sword fast enough, am I timing DPS well enough for sword carrier to be in position, is sword carrier moving and attacking quickly enough.

today's skirmish matches affirm my opinion about pantheon.

gladiator-thumbs-down.gif

Besides Hawkmoon, that is.

Hawkmoon, Y U NO DROP?

Forgot about the weapons, I don't have Hawkmoon so conveniently forget it exists.

Funny enough, by making this PS exclusive it is out of possible Xur rotation for 1 year. It is such a rare drop that not only is all Xbox playerbase excluded from the gun, but the vast majority of the PS playerbase will never have it either. That's what exclusivity got us, content that 1% of players will ever enjoy.

Just got a legendary primary from level 30 daily.

Come on RNGesus.....

Edit: Nvm it's a heavy....let's see:

Edit2: MG18A Harm's Way -- Arc MG. Nice. That's my first heavy post patch.

ocean

Banned
I would prefer Xur sell Gallahorn then Vex... also it's almost X-mas so Bungie better be damn generous and also have Xur sell a new lvl 32 Warlock Exotic. Last week was complete bs since Xur only sold one lvl 32 exotic armor and it was only for the bloody Titan. Also bought an Exotic helmet engram last week from Xur and it gave me a Hunter exotic helm even though I am a Warlock.
Not sure what you mean. All Exotics Xûr sold last week or which you get in a drop after TDB launched max at +36 Light (can reach level 32). Everything he sold last week, as well as everything he'll sell whenever (until an eventual level cap increase with future expansion) will have 36 Light as well.

SharkJAW

I try not to be too harsh when describing something I think of as bad game design, but after playing that strike back-to-back, holy shit, it is hot garbage. Someone was paid money to make this?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

uh oh.

xur always has an armor piece for every class, every week.

Tawpgun

You need to kill the swordbearer asap when Crota is middle.

I think we do but Crota still moves sometimes. Seems entirely random.

He's not easy per se, but if you've got a good team he's entirely manageable. Thankfully there's no randomising bullshit in the CE Raid, unlike Bungie "fixing" the "bug" in the Atheon fight.

Cool tin foil hat. I think Crota raid is more random than VoG. But really only for the Deathsinger and Crota Parts. The Deathsinger battle is just a poor encounter. After you get the doors down there really isn't a strategy besides go HAM and get damage on the deathsinger, and HOPE the adds aren't in bad positions to slice you down.

But VoG atheon teleports were a bug. I wonder if anyone was streaming the first public raid Luke Smith was on and if its archived. I remember hearing something about the first time they played it in the wild he quickly realized the teleports were fucked. It was a bug that got fixed

if the hive sword bearer is out too long, crota is going to move. he has to go down quickly and then your sword bearer has ro hurry into position to callout when they're ready to jump. DPS/shield break on crota doesn't start until they're ready to jump. as soon as you start firing at crota, sword bearer should be making their way onto the platform. after the attack, DPS waits 2 seconds as he's standing up (he's immune right now so don't waste rockets) and then fires at him again to get a second hit. sword bearer should still be near crota, but not directly under him (unless they have camo). you can get two hits doing it this way, but it's all about the timing. sword bearer has to give the call.

when crota moves, he tends to slow down in the middle of the bridge if he's aggro'd to the sword bearer, so you can still down him and avoiding wasting a strike (unless the sword is already spent)

it's not "easy" until everyone is on point, but the only one exposed to much risk is the sword bearer.

Yeah that's what I'm hearing. Didn't help we had a 29 in our group but to be honest it didn't make much of a difference. Some of the times Crota got downed before I got there with the sword.

Bogeypop

I try not to be too harsh when describing something I think of as bad game design, but after playing that strike back-to-back, holy shit, it is hot garbage. Someone was paid money to make this?

And then you can't just rush through it with those barriers that require you to kill the Minds.

Forgot about the weapons, I don't have Hawkmoon so conveniently forget it exists.

Funny enough, by making this PS exclusive it is out of possible Xur rotation for 1 year. It is such a rare drop that not only is all Xbox playerbase excluded from the gun, but the vast majority of the PS playerbase will never have it either. That's what exclusivity got us, content that 1% of players will ever enjoy.

Hmm I think trading would have assuaged this problem. The reason given for the lack of it was something along the lines of " Having a story behind obtaining each exotic". I'll tell you how I got Hawkmoon, I got a bee and I joined the nightfall again. Oh! what about the Hyperhorn you ask? I got a baboon and I joined back. It feels like trading was given up for grind and player retention.

Jinjo

Hmm I think trading would have assuaged this problem. The reason given for the lack of it was something along the lines of " Having a story behind obtaining each exotic". I'll tell you how I got Hawkmoon, I got a bee and I joined the nightfall again. Oh! what about the Hyperhorn you ask? I got a baboon and I joined back. It feels like trading was given up for grind and player retention.

Pre-release devtalk was really ridiculous/dumb looking back. It's straight up Peter Molyneux level-bullshit.

raindoc

yeah. if Bungie allowed trading, all of their precious RNG would be pretty much useless. boy that would be awesome.

SkylineRKR

I think the Crota fight is just very poor.

Its unbalanced, one, just ONE level 32 and you will probably make it all day if he knows how to press R1 and when to haul ass. The rest doesn't really matter. All they do is DPS the shield in time. And its not bad to assign 2 snipers for each side, but we also did it without it. There is not much else to this fight. Its surprisingly random though, sometimes he doesn't get down, sometimes he gets an AoE in while going down. Sometimes... stuff happens.

Atheon was different, you had to hold plates, defend portals and the other team had to coordinate their movement and shooting for a swift portal run. All 6 players had their use. One level 30 wouldn't ensure success.

zewone

I got a knucklehead radar on my Warlock. My Hunter better give me a Dire Ahamkara skull/Praxic Fire today then.
The worst part is that I bought VV last week from Xur. If it was Starfire Protocol or Praxic Fire I probably wouldn't have mind.

he's probably at the gunsmith's again, forgot the time while staring at all those awesome guns that guy's selling.

How can he even believe the crap he spews. That was one of the oddest statements I ever heard from him. When did anyone ever buy a gun from the Gunsmith that wasn't a rare fusion rifle.

Iceman829

I'm going to be running the nightfall with my warlock on xb1 if anyone cares to join or needs the rewards. I'm just passing the time until Xur. GT - Iceman829

1 capture? Please, this is objective based PvP.

i actually didn't do anything for a good 2 minutes of that game. iron banner doesn't like my sniper so i'm not pushing as aggressively. there was a point where i was trying to clear B of enemies and they had a sliver of health left because i'm unable to double body shot.

then somebody flew in with a nova bomb and i felt much better. you guys with your AoE supers did the heavy lifting and I'm glad it pulled us through.

i actually didn't do anything for a good 2 minutes of that game. iron banner doesn't like my sniper so i'm not as effective as i normally am. there was a point where i was trying to clear B and they had a sliver of health left because i'm unable to double body shot.

then somebody flew in with a nova bomb and i felt much better.

Level differences maybe? Or perhaps the scaling, even when similar levels is slightly different so sniper headshots aren't 1HKO?

Top Bottom