• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Level differences maybe? Or perhaps the scaling, even when similar levels is slightly different so sniper headshots aren't 1HKO?

headshot is still OHK, but my sniper only does 242 damage, so it takes 3 body shots in iron banner. if i miss the headshot, i rely on the unflinching perk + high RoF for double shots when i'm facing someone with sustained DPS. doesn't work as well in iron banner

This clip is kinda a good example of how little the reticle moves with unflinching. It's from the pantheon game earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEFDxDrR2w4

How can he even believe the crap he spews. That was one of the oddest statements I ever heard from him. When did anyone ever buy a gun from the Gunsmith that wasn't a rare fusion rifle.

The gunsmith really needs to be responsible for the weapon upgrades. Even if bungie still slow progress by having xur sell exotic shards it would be a better system than what they've got now.

The gunsmith is completely useless. I never bought a weapon from him during the 1-20 level and I only ever visit him if I need some ammo synths. If weapon upgrades were included in his stock rotation it would make much more sense.

You visit him with various parts of exotic bounties for him to do gunsmith type jobs so it's not like he isn't used to handling exotics.

I think the Crota fight is just very poor.

Its unbalanced, one, just ONE level 32 and you will probably make it all day if he knows how to press R1 and when to haul ass. The rest doesn't really matter. All they do is DPS the shield in time. And its not bad to assign 2 snipers for each side, but we also did it without it. There is not much else to this fight. Its surprisingly random though, sometimes he doesn't get down, sometimes he gets an AoE in while going down. Sometimes... stuff happens.

Atheon was different, you had to hold plates, defend portals and the other team had to coordinate their movement and shooting for a swift portal run. All 6 players had their use. One level 30 wouldn't ensure success.

They'll patch it eventually to ensure the sword gets passed around. They will have to, it goes against what they said to justify Atheon's "bug".

This raid feels like an extended strike and like zalware said this game would have been amazing if all strikes were similar to this raid.

he's not going to sell heavy ammo, is he?

:-( it hurts.

TLW seems a better choice. How did your Hunter bow at the end?

it's how the awoken greet. humans wave and exo salute IIRC

i'm growing more confident with TLW, especially aiming for the head for the 3sk, but i've been noticing a lot more people ducking under headshots lately. if only the crouch button wasn't so far away...

SkylineRKR

They'll patch it eventually to ensure the sword gets passed around. They will have to, it goes against what they said to justify Atheon's "bug".

This raid feels like an extended strike and like zalware said this game would have been amazing if all strikes were similar to this raid.

Yeah I didn't even think of that yet. Against Atheon you could assign teams yourself and according Bungie this was a bug lmao.

Now, you choose your own SC. Absolutely a bug.

he's not going to sell heavy ammo, is he?

Stock up on heavy ammo I guess if Xur is selling it. Already have a stack of telemeres for every type of weapon. The only issues is I dont have any exotics to upgrade :(. But I can use the heavy ammo synthesis whenever RNGsus blesses me ballerhorn :p I understand the pain of ballerborn players, they must keep enough heavy ammo synthesis in order to properly DPS Crota if the game is not giving heavy ammo.

SkylineRKR

Stock up on heavy ammo I guess. I can use it whenever RNGsus blesses me ballerhorn :p I understand the pain of ballerborn players, they must keep enough heavy ammo synthesis in order to properly DPS Crota if the game is not giving heavy ammo.

This is correct.

I am leveling my new Exotic drops + Raid gear. Always out of glimmer. But I do get frequently asked for Raids, and I do have Ballerhorn 2.0 maxed out. This week has been especially painful as I buy about 10 packs, lose them after a few wipes and am broke yet again.

As soon as Xur is selling HA, I am going to buy 100.

Stock up on heavy ammo I guess if Xur is selling it. Already have a stack of telemeres for every type of weapon. The only issues is I dont have any exotics to upgrade :(. But I can use the heavy ammo synthesis whenever RNGsus blesses me ballerhorn :p I understand the pain of ballerborn players, they must keep enough heavy ammo synthesis in order to properly DPS Crota if the game is not giving heavy ammo.

With the newly found Glimmer farm, Heavy Synth isn't a problem. Less than 1 hour investment a week will keep you supplied with more Heavy than you can reasonably use.

Next patch will randomly select a player to be SC.

I think you'll get a debuff after picking up the sword *Swordbearer's curse* preventing you from picking it up again.

This is correct.

I am leveling my new Exotic drops + Raid gear. Always out of glimmer. But I do get frequently asked for Raids, and I do have Ballerhorn 2.0 maxed out. This week has been especially painful as I buy about 10 packs, lose them after a few wipes and am broke yet again.

To think I almost skipped out on ruin wings (whew)

This is correct.

Just so you know, all of us non-Ghorners aren't shedding any tears for you.

I think you'll get a debuff after picking up the sword *Swordbearer's curse* preventing you from picking it up again.

Hardmode....

This is a conversation I am sure Bungie is having, but the new disconnect cheese is a much bigger deal and may be a more difficult technical problem to solve. If they don't have it ironed out by January, I wouldn't be surprised if the hard mode is delayed. The cat is already out of the bag for Normal CE, but hardmode will be a joke with everyone passing CP's around and getting Primary drops.

This is correct.

I gotcha your back. I am def not sucking up or anything but really do you want to help me kill Crota :p Need some ballerhorn lvl 31 players only!!
JK already killed him 3x this week plus poking fun at LFG who post "looking for ballerhorns"

edit:
Whats the new farm!?
Assuming s/he means gatekeeper on VoG

Gjallahorn is BEYOND broken.

g7XI2AJ.gif

Fresh Titan gets her first Legendary engram. Opens up into Hunter gauntlets..

Fuck this. Going to bed.

the best part is, it probably would have turned into titan gauntlets if you opened it on a hunter.

I wouldn't mind that. Agree that it's a possibility to already be set for hard mode.

I have to say, the lore behind CE is also really disappointing.

First, we abandoned the moon because of Crota. Apparently he was unstoppable. So how did he end up trapped in his mind-world in the first place to be in need of summoning?

Next, there really isn't anything interesting going on. There's hints in the Grimoire that you might be in Crota's mind network, which would be cool if that played into anything beyond the Oversoul. Nothing like the processor-like Gorgons that write you out of time. Nothing like the story behind the relic when facing Atheon. Or of the past/future states of Mars.

Instead, it's just jumping in a hole and killing Crota in his own world, full story.

Edit: For some perspective, there's more behind Eris, who we just met, than this big bad that's been built up both in the vanilla game and in the DLC that's all about it/him/whatever.

SkylineRKR

Well its not always that fun to have Horn. They expect me to use it, while I prefer to fuck things up with Corrective Measure or Truth. Or an exotic such as Patience and Time or Vex.

But the team I always play with now has 4 gjallarhorns, 2 of them at 331 (he got it from the same chest as I did, sick drop). So sometimes just tell i'm out of ammo lol.

raindoc

With the newly found Glimmer farm, Heavy Synth isn't a problem. Less than 1 hour investment a week will keep you supplied with more Heavy than you can reasonably use.
yeah, but it's farming again and that's starting to bother me.
i've been at home the last couple of days but barely played. couldn't bring myself to farm glimmer or do the same bounties for the Xth time. have nothing to level up and no goal set to work on, because RNG.
i'll be on vacation starting monday, so that will be a welcome break, though I'm hoping for xur to finally sell something that's on my list for this weekend.

no RNG or a better narrative would make it a lot more fun. i grinded Battlefield like nothing before to unlock all kinds of shit, even if I never was going to use the equipment/weapon. I played through each of the Halo's campaigns dozens of times, because I enjoyed leveldesign and narrative so much.
destiny is giving me a hard time and now it's finally showing in time spent playing. :/

yeah, but it's farming again and that's starting to bother me.
i've been at home the last couple of days but barely played. couldn't bring myself to farm glimmer or do the same bounties for the Xth time. have nothing to level up and no goal set to work on, because RNG.
i'll be on vacation starting monday, so that will be a welcome break, though I'm hoping for xur to finally sell something that's on my list for this weekend.

no RNG or a better narrative would make it a lot more fun. i grinded Battlefield like nothing before to unlock all kinds of shit, even if I never was going to use the equipment/weapon. I played through each of the Halo's campaigns dozens of times, because I enjoyed leveldesign and narrative so much.
destiny is giving me a hard time and now it's finally showing in time spent playing. :/

The main issue with the grind is, you're not guarantee anything. I have about 17 days of gameplay and I honestly don't think I have any exotic drop for me during strikes, crucibles or engrams. I had gotten a few exotics from chests here and there but they are often repeats or I already bought them from Xur. The vast majority are from Xur. Maybe RNGsus just doesnt like me :/ O well. Hopefully Xur will sell something I dont have in 30 mins.

I wouldn't mind that. Agree that it's a possibility to already be set for hard mode.

I have to say, the lore behind CE is also really disappointing.

First, we abandoned the moon because of Crota. Apparently he was unstoppable. So how did he end up trapped in his mind-world in the first place to be in need of summoning?

Next, there really isn't anything interesting going on. There's hints in the Grimoire that you might be in Crota's mind network, which would be cool if that played into anything beyond the Oversoul. Nothing like the processor-like Gorgons that write you out of time. Nothing like the story behind the relic when facing Atheon. Or of the past/future states of Mars.

Instead, it's just jumping in a hole and killing Crota in his own world, full story.

So basically our objective as a fireteam is to lobotomize crota...

raindoc

The main issue with the grind is, you're not guarantee anything. I have about 17 days of gameplay and I honestly don't think I have any exotic drop for me. I had gotten a few exotics from chests here and there but they are often repeats or I already bought them from Xur. The vast majority are from Xur. Maybe RNGsus just doesnt like me :/ O well. Hopefully Xur will sell something I dont have in 30 mins.

that's my biggest issue. i don't mind to grind, but I want a goal. let's say I want a hawkmoon (and i do since week 2), i'd grind the shit out of any quest they give me. i'd prefer "kill 5000 hive wizards with melee attacks" over "we'll see". A LOT.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
that's my biggest issue. i don't mind to grind, but I want a goal. let's say I want a hawkmoon (and i do since week 2), i'd grind the shit out of any quest they give me. i'd prefer "kill 5000 hive wizards with melee attacks" over "we'll see". A LOT.
That's kinda extreme.

Jinjo

I'm not gonna get hyped. After the colossal disappointment that last week was
except for Ruin Wings
. I'm gonna assume it's Armamentarium, Alpha Lupi, Voidfang/Sunbreakers, Truth/Plan C every single week.

SharkJAW

I'm not gonna get hyped. After the colossal disappointment that last week was
except for Ruin Wings
. I'm gonna assume it's Armamentarium, Alpha Lupi, Voidfang/Sunbreakers, Truth/Plan C every single week.
Yeah. I'd put money on it being Truth again.

Note to Bungie: NO ONE WANTS TRUTH

Top Bottom