• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

soundpross

Neo Member
Man didn't get pass the sword/bridge part :( I definitely gotta level up my light level and the nightfall was okay so far. I got suros
what's the best way to do the bridge every time I cross the sword vanishes pretty quickly, sometimes before I cross the bridge

GRIP

Finally made it to level 30! I know it's not the same as doing it pre-DLC but I don't care. It just feels so good not having to look at fucking 29 anymore. Even got one of the new legendary scout rifles from an engram (1 of 3 legendary engrams I got tonight).

forrest

formerly nacire
Man didn't get pass the sword/bridge part :( I definitely gotta level up my light level and the nightfall was okay so far. I got suros
what's the best way to do the bridge every time I cross the sword vanishes pretty quickly, sometimes before I cross the bridge

Grab and Haul ass

ocean

Banned
I've got +33 Light Gauntlets and Boots for both Warlock and Titan. I also got Helmet and Chest for my Hunter from Engrams which would be cool except my Hunter is forever level 9 (yeah 9, not 29 :p)

I'll have to get around to leveling him up one day. He's got full Legendary/Exotic gear waiting for him to hit 20.

border

I did the weekly with GAFers Kadey and Ocean.

I thank them for their help and expertise, but I can't say it was really that fun. The boss just felt like another "Hide like a coward and take potshots at the boss, then run back to cover after 2 shots reduce you to 10% health" encounter.

I suspect the problem is that Arc Burn was on though. Too many enemies use Arc and it's doing like triple damage. I hated the Archon Priest Weekly/Nightfall when Arc Burn was turned on, but it didn't seem that bad when they did it later with Void Burn. Lightswitch with so many Thralls also means you have to be extra careful, though I don't think anyone actually died to Thrall punches.

I think you definitely want an Arc Sniper for it rather than an Arc Fusion Rifle. Too hard to line up important shots.....feels like threading a needle.

from what we gathered, the sword is on a timer from the moment you kill the sword bearer. so we wouldn't kill him until we were in position and bridge was fully built. you should have plenty of time to grab it and kill the gatekeeper.

gdt

Omg. 3rd nightfall, 3rd exotic.

Heart of Praxic Fire! My favorite exotic :). My warlock now has 2 brand new 32 pieces. Both exotic but still.

Dante316

Omg. 3rd nightfall, 3rd exotic.

Heart of Praxic Fire! My favorite exotic :). My warlock now has 2 brand new 32 pieces. Both exotic but still.

Ohh damm u lol, well I just bought 2 vendor items from crucible, need to buy helmet tomorrow and a chest from the crucible to get to 31 by my next raid try which probably will be Thursday. All day leveling and grinding...

Damn yo, this grind is too real. Thought I had my FWC rank up enough on my alt to get packages but nope, forgot that doesn't happen till after rank 3 (I'm assuming), then I saw I don't have my Crucible or Vanguard at rank 3 meaning I can't get packages or even the non commendation shit I wanna buy yet. Sigh. I want that Vanguard sniper (fuck those low impact/low recoil ones) and a set of Crucible armor.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Gentlemen, the opening day of The Dark Below was joyous indeed.

But before I narrate my exploits, I'd like to remember you all that my mother's profession was not the oldest, alright?

Let's go.

Today I got the following items:

36 light skullfort.

33 light vanguard helm courtesy of a legendary engram and a benevolent Trollarch.

Crota's raid gloves.

No Land Beyond exotic primary sniper rifle.

From a vanguard care package, an auto rifle with glass half full, bonus accuracy from the hip, field scout and perfect balance.

border

This expansion has made every weapon and armor piece I have collected garbage. Over 500 hours, wasted.

Would you prefer that the new gear be only equivalent to current gear? That hardly seems fun at all. People buy the expansion because they want sweet new stuff.

LTWood12

Is it just me or is the rng all of a sudden more generous? Got a Gjallerhorn from a legendary engram, that was dropped by a random enemy in the 3rd story mission. Two guys I was playing with had 33 light armor drop for them today. Another friend had a legendary sniper drop. That seems like a lot to be a coincidence.

Is it just me or is the rng all of a sudden more generous? Got a Gjallerhorn from a legendary engram, that was dropped by a random enemy in the 3rd story mission. Two guys I was playing with had 33 light armor drop for them today. Another friend had a legendary sniper drop. That seems like a lot to be a coincidence.

My engrams have still been shit. The one legendary engram that dropped turned into assShards. Rest have been motes of light, strange coins, and a lot of useless gear.

Wallach

I think you definitely want an Arc Sniper for it rather than an Arc Fusion Rifle. Too hard to line up important shots.....feels like threading a needle.

Weird, I definitely felt like the opposite. The hardest parts were almost entirely built around corners and tight spaces; the only place I felt a sniper was useful was the second big combat that takes place in what is basically the only open combat area. Trying to line up sniper shots in the last room sounds like lollerskates.

HighOnPCP

Wow so the first chest in the raid is really easy to get to...gonna go snatch it up with all 3 of my characters now...wish me luck haha

lol
Bbgme9a.png
The most rewarding patrol mission of your life

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The most rewarding patrol mission of your life
I found an assassination, cause I'm an overachiever like that

edit: much good destiny was had today. might be more. my friend got off work for some late night smash now though. what a time to be alive!

For the people who have tested the waters with the new story missions, bounties, PvP, and tried out the raid, would you buy this DLC if you were in my shoes?
Just trying to get a general feel, I'm still undecided if I should go and get the DLC package
hahaha no worries. I had a great time, we smoked the hell out of atheon

Did you guys get any raid weapon drops? Any of them at 331 attk?

Sorry, haven't been keeping up with any developments with this stuff haha

kidko

Wow... doing that 2nd mission on 30 with my 29 sunsinger... I feel like I got really close. Got the Ogre down really low but died to one of those charging boss knights. UGH. Don't have it in me for a 4th go. Might bump it down to normal :(

2real4tv

Probably stupid question but I got a 2nd Vex during the last raid and it excepts a exotic shard does that mean I have the updated version? My current Vex is Max ATK 323 will this one have max 331?

Also my loot haul for Hunter today was:
MurMur
BLine Trauma
The Chosen
Gaultlets
Helmet
Legs

Pretty decent all I did was the three story mission and some crucible for the thorn bounty.

Stillmatic

This game is killing my Plasma. Bungie really need to add a HUD fade off option, and have it come back on then you fire or aim down sights. Something!

gdt

Excellent day in terms of loot for me.

My hunter has a new exotic helmet, raid gloves.

My warlock got new Heart of Praxic Fire. New eagle feather helmet thing. And got vendor shoes and helmet in the mail from stuff. Bought the gloves. So he'll hit 31 real quick.

Just gotta buy shit for my Titan.

CornDogg

Attempted Summoning Pits for Xyor. Not sure if I was doing something wrong or what, but the adds were extremely slow spawning in. I have no idea what wave I got to. I never saw any wizards, so I'm guessing not far.

Ended up dying and giving up for now since I need to head to bed anyway. I'll try again tomorrow or something.

After 125 hours I have finally hit level 30 on my one main character. I have had consistently bad luck since launch with my drops. Feels good to finally get past 28/29. Now onwards to 32!

Top Bottom