• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

kidko

Kinda funny but as a 29 I'm not feeling like doing any of the new missions until I can hit 30. Why does the difficulty have to go from 26 to 30? Why not leave 28 too :(

LordofPwn

Made it with Nilla to the last boss. God that was just too much, hopefully the same guys can link up later this week to finish it. (Firday?)

That was a good group. Hopefully we can all link back up this week as 31s and finish Crota off.

Yeah great stuff. Was really fun. That second section was tense as hell.
Good stuff guys. Friday works for me but I can also probably do it sooner too!

Can't believe we got through the first part without wiping. Really blazed through it.

2real4tv

Probably stupid question but I got a 2nd Vex during the last raid and it excepts a exotic shard does that mean I have the updated version? My current Vex is Max ATK 323 will this one have max 331?

Also my loot haul for Hunter today was:
MurMur
BLine Trauma
The Chosen
Gaultlets
Helmet
Legs

Pretty decent all I did was the three story mission and some crucible for the thorn bounty.

Anyone?

hydruxo

RNG has been pretty good to me today.

-Tireless Striders (raid boots)
-Vanguard helm from legendary engram
-Vanguard chest & a commendation from vanguard package
-MIDA Multi-Tool from a legendary engram (dismantled my old one for a shard)

I already bought the new gauntlets so I just need to level all this up and I can hit 31. Now if only there was another way to get radiant shards other than the damn raid.

HighOnPCP

So I got the chests quickly, only had to wipe 3 times with my third character, otherwise they were there first try...but very meh

4x Radiant Energy
2x Radiant Shard
1x Bone Circlet Warlock Bond

No Dragon's Breath, game sucks!

Yay, RNGesus finally saw fit to praise his blessing upon me. The chest at the beginning of the Raid gave me Thunderlord.

He must have detected my wavering faith. Trying to lure me back in.

Just in time for Nightfall.

OH MY GOD THE NEW TITLE

1385.gif

RNG has been pretty good to me today.

-Tireless Striders (raid boots)
-Vanguard helm from legendary engram
-Vanguard chest & a commendation from vanguard package
-MIDA Multi-Tool from a legendary engram (dismantled my old one for a shard)

I already bought the new gauntlets so I just need to level all this up and I can hit 31. Now if only there was another way to get radiant shards other than the damn raid.

I said gaddamn

Rainmaker

Banned
Me and my friends are laughing so hard at our hunter friend who is wearing the burlap pants that Eris calls a hunter class item around his damn head. Everything about the design of that is hilarious. The hood. The belt wrapped around it. The slit that makes it look like pants. I needed that laugh.

WipedOut

First Weekly Nightfall completed - 9 Strange coins - Xur better be selling something great this weekend. Will have a minimum of 52 coins to spend. Oh and hopefully the return of the engrams. 58 motes are burning a hole in my pocket.

These psn party issues are driving me crazy, it's ridiculous. It just tells me you can't join the party right now try again later over and over without actually providing a particular reason as to why I can't join the party.

Predictions on the Urn of Sacrifice quest to purchase from Xur? My bet is a boat load of Coins. Probably got some cool reward at the end though.

gdt

Great day for me. Ran VoG too and got much needed shards. They need to fix the exotic drops in there asap though.

Zocano

Well, looks like I need to find a different group for nightfall. Anyone running it? I'm a Lv 30 Warlock.

PSN is Zocano

blackjaw

Me and my friends are laughing so hard at our hunter friend who is wearing the burlap pants that Eris calls a hunter class item around his damn head. Everything about the design of that is hilarious. The hood. The belt wrapped around it. The slit that makes it look like pants. I needed that laugh.

I rock it for the laughs as well.

Gonna wait for Xur before I start buying gear to hit 31.

Tried upgrading my Titan raid gloves and you can only get it to 27 light without the new radiant material. I have enough for a node but they're all radiant energy ;_;

ElRenoRaven

Someone in the previous thread mentioned a new multiplayer mode with no powers or radar. Do we know when that will come out?

Dunno but I'd gladly play a MP mode without the powers. The gunplay is great. Powers being spammed all the time though makes the MP very unfun for me.

Nevermind, done. So intense solo.
Mind you, I was doing it on heroic

Yeah I've done them all solo and man, the end of the first story mission where they close off the way you came in plus that status effect was brutal the first time since I didn't know what was going on. I'm not really a fan of them structuring them in such a way that they seem like they are pushing you away from solo play though, but that's just me since the limited time I get with the game is often done in bite-sized solo chunks.

I just bought a Warlock chest piece from the Vanguard and it's the fugliest thing I've ever seen, I can't believe I just put down 70 marks on this. :|

Jaeyden

Predictions on the Urn of Sacrifice quest to purchase from Xur? My bet is a boat load of Coins. Probably got some cool reward at the end though.

Quest line to get the Necrochasm?

We got through (what I estimate to be) about half of the raid tonight. Was awesome. We went blind and although we were in there for a while, it felt soo good figuring everything out. Can't wait to try and finished it tomorrow. Highlight of the day - Dragon's Breath. Hope it turns out to be a good launcher when it's leveled.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
So, is it verified that if you get weapon drops from VoG, the raid weapons are still 300 attack level? Except exotic of course.

Jinjo

Attempted Summoning Pits for Xyor. Not sure if I was doing something wrong or what, but the adds were extremely slow spawning in. I have no idea what wave I got to. I never saw any wizards, so I'm guessing not far.

Ended up dying and giving up for now since I need to head to bed anyway. I'll try again tomorrow or something.

You have to damage the boss. Adds spawn in at around the 70-40-10% mark.

Well Nightfalls sucked, 9 energy, 9 coins and a crappy new scout rifle.

That's 1 month of Nightfalls on 3 characters, a total of 12 loot rolls, that provided no exotic or anything good.

Ugh. This awful streak has to end some week I hope...

Otherwise today's haul was:
-Warlock got boots from Crotas End, Vanguard gauntlets and chest (will upgrade one of my Exotic helmets with Xur to get to 31+), and the Crotas End class item
-Hunter got Vanguard chest, gauntlets and boots (Will upgrade one of my helmets to get to level 31+ with Xur)
-Titan got Vanguard chest, gauntlets and boots (will upgrade one of my helmets with Xur to get to 31+ or grind Crucible tomorrow to just buy a Crucible one)
-Murmur from completing the new story missions
-9 radiant energy
-4 radiant shards

The Crotas End raid boots was the only item that RNG provided me that was meaningful in any way.

Looks good but most of all of this is from my own purposeful grinding, nothing great from RNGesus especially the Nightfalls.

Also got all my 3 characters to the 3rd of the 4 parts of Crotas End.

So very tired...

Quest line to get the Necrochasm?

We got through (what I estimate to be) about half of the raid tonight. Was awesome. We went blind and although we were in there for a while, it felt soo good figuring everything out. Can't wait to try and finished it tomorrow. Highlight of the day - Dragon's Breath. Hope it turns out to be a good launcher when it's leveled.

How did Dragons Breath drop for you?

Well Nightfalls sucked, 9 energy, 9 coins and a crappy new scout rifle.

That's 1 month of Nightfalls on 3 characters, a total of 12 loot rolls, that provided no exotic or anything good.

Ugh. This awful streak has to end some week I hope...

Otherwise today's haul was:
-Warlock got boots from Crotas End, Vanguard gauntlets and chest (will upgrade one of my Exotic helmets with Xur to get to 31+), and the Crotas End class item
-Hunter got Vanguard chest, gauntlets and boots (Will upgrade one of my helmets to get to level 31+ with Xur)
-Titan got Vanguard chest, gauntlets and boots (will upgrade one of my helmets with Xur to get to 31+ or grind Crucible tomorrow to just buy a Crucible one)
-Murmur from completing the new story missions
-9 radiant energy
-4 radiant shards

The Crotas End raid boots was the only item that RNG provided me that was meaningful in any way.

Looks good but most of all of this is from my own purposeful grinding, nothing great from RNGesus especially the Nightfalls.

Also got all my 3 characters to the 3rd of the 4 parts of Crotas End.

So very tired...

Holy shit, that sounds like a marathon grind. I can't fathom it. I had all I could handle today doing all the new missions, strikes and daily bounties on one character. I barely have time to squeeze in a 2nd toon.

gdt

Tried twice. We could not do the 2nd section. Real bummer.

I'll try when I hit 31. Give people some time to hit that too. Thursday most likely.

I just bought a Warlock chest piece from the Vanguard and it's the fugliest thing I've ever seen, I can't believe I just put down 70 marks on this. :|

Remember when Bungie talked about all the customization and ability to control what your Guardian looked like? Well, too bad, you gotta don this turd because it has more Light.

I'll try when I hit 31. Give people some time to hit that too. Thursday most likely.

It's actually not too bad until
you have just one person left that needs to cross the bridge, and even then it's not horrible. We only had one 31 and we made it all the way to Crota. What we did at the bridge section was jump up on those left platforms since it was relatively safe up there and just shoot down at the Swordbearer.

hydruxo

You can have
only 5 go grab swords and go across the bridge. The 6th person can stay up the stairs where you first spawn and help shoot the ogres across the way with Ice Breaker. The checkpoint will pop when you kill both ogres.
Once you get the strategy down it's not that bad.

Mindlog

All exotics accept Shards now. We don't know if the Mythoclast will be Xurrable, but it should be. It's base maximum attack is ~326. New exotics top out at ~333.

All VoG exotics are dropping at 300 :\

I've been putting all of my XP into one Murmur. Oh yeah, it needs a rotten core.

Top Bottom