• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Whew, sweet victory on that nightfall. Stressful. 8 energy. Whatever.

Hawkian I'm going to join ya. Mic's not working, can hear you though.

Also,

Fatebringer
Mythoclast
Icebreaker
Gjallarhorn

accept no substitutes.
Hypebringer fuck yeah
Dark_tower_the_gunslinger_born1(2).jpg

Xamdou

Ok so why do faction gear look like the same designs as the older legendaries pre dlc while the crucible and vanguard meisters at least have newer designs?

Also are the crota raid gear better than the lvl 33 gear that can be easily bought from the tower shops or are they all the same?

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad that VoG raid weapons can't be upgraded. I've been using VoC and Hazen almost exclusively since they dropped for me in my first couple clears. Today, loved switching things up with my new Murmur, my Crusader I with sweet perks I got from a drop, and my brand new Against All Odds machine gun that seems like a beefed up Swarm. I've been almost exclusively a sniper rifle user, but I ran with fusion rifles all day, even in the nightfall. It's changed the way I play the game a bit, and has made me excited again for legendaries. I'm looking forward to Sunday when I can try out the new raid with all weapons at the new max and level 31 (got an easy path on a couple characters to get there). Great Destiny day, can't wait for Xur to get here.

Namikaze1

Might as well set it up now.

I'm looking for level 30/31s Guardians to help me out with (raid spoilers)
Gatekeepers/Totems
Crota's End part. I just need to do that part and that's it. You can replace me with someone else afterwards.

I'll be running it tomorrow (Dec. 10) at 8 AM EST.

Part after the
bridge or that section?
. I can help tomorrow!
Bridge. They stopped at the witches.

LiK

new raid shits all over vault of glass in terms of encounter design, environment design and difficulty.

so much more interesting and enjoyable, although being underleveled and wiping over and over takes its toll.

we did manage to do 50% of it blind though, so we can be proud of that.

VoG is a mess compared to this. Much more well thought out. I don't even have a maxed VoC and it was doing good damage altho it couldn't compare with your Fatebringer. Ballerhorn was really useful during that second part. i upgraded the dmg for VoC after people left.

LiK

TDB still had major lag issues at times. Who knows what's causing it but Thralls and Acolytes teleporting around and end up being in my face caused some dumb deaths.

The solo raid chest took forever for me to get, wiped about ~30 times before it appeared. All of got was Radiant energy . :(

But yeah Bungie will probably patch that.

Here's a video on how to do it, if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGHq9XjG1HQ
It's alright all I got is radiant shit too :( Took me over 10 wipes for it to show up on my Warlock but my Hunter and Titan had the chest there the very first time haha. I even grinded up my Titan from 26 to 27 for it and of course all it had was shards.

It seems like the same luck that cursed me on Vault of Glass is going to be in full effect in Crota's End.

spyder_ur

How many marks do you get for doing a strike in the new level 26 playlist?

6 - same as the old Tiger playlist and same as the new Tiger playlist except you get an engram. I'm wondering, anecdotally, how the drops are though. Planning on running some tomorrow.

Qwell

Anyone doing a nightfall?

Psn v1br4t1ons l30 lock with fb
Do you have it unlocked? Was trying to run my 3rd but my friends teams are all full and mine isn't unlocked yet, working on it now. But I can join, all slots are Arc and you are on my FR already. PS4 = Qwell

pj

Banned
Did all the DLC content except the raid. It was all fun, definitely worth a few bucks. I'm sure the raid will be worth several more. $17.50? No fuckin way.

This game is relying far too much on the strength of its basic gameplay to carry it. This amount of content should be monthly for $5, not quarterly for $20.

Mrgamer

Do you have it unlocked? Was trying to run my 3rd but my friends teams are all full and mine isn't unlocked yet, working on it now. But I can join, all slots are Arc and you are on my FR already. PS4 = Qwell

Dont have it unlocked :(
Maybe someone will be kind enought to lend one.

pj

Banned
How do I do the new strikes? I finished the three story missions but can't find them on the maps.

You have to complete bounties from the crota lady. The descriptions are unnecessarily vague so i would recommend looking up how to do it

How do I do the new strikes? I finished the three story missions but can't find them on the maps.

From Reddit:
After booting up the new Destiny expansion, The Dark Below this morning, I completed the three new story missions. Upon finishing the questline I saw that the weekly Heroic and Nightfall missions were blacked out, telling me to "complete the new quests."

Utterly confused, I ended up doing a few more bounties for Eris, the new NPC, and found out how to unlock them. It's not straight-forward, but here's how to do it!

First, go to the Tower and grab the initial quest piece from Eris. She is located to the left of where you spawn. Complete the three story quests and pick up the "kill 25 Knights or Wizards" bounty. Repeat the second DLC quest on Earth two to three times to finish it. As a tip, you can delay the death of the big enemy to spawn more Knights and Wizards. Turn it in.

Grab the three new Patrol quests that Eris will produce. Go to Earth and select Patrol. Your first stop is to the right of your initial spawn. Go through the facility and past The Divide, then burn past the Rocket Yard. Act like you're going into the Sepiks Prime strike. On your left after the first tunnel past the yard you'll find a specially marked Hive enemy. Kill it and the subsequent spawns to get your first bounty.

Next, reload the Earth Patrol to start from the beginning. Go straight ahead to the complex that was in the beta (or the campaign, really), where you kill a Wizard for the first time -- just go due north and up the hill into the complex. Right before the stairs to said Wizard room you'll find a marked Thrall in the corner. Kill it and the rest of the room for the second bounty. Do not reload, continue on through that area.

Finally, keep heading up that building and past the Wizard room. Go into the area with the original loot cave. Head into the big building due north (right next to the cave), and run until you get to the big open area of the Terrestrial Complex. Go straight ahead into that tiny landing, steal the urn, and kill the enemies that appear.

After all that you'll unlock the new Strike and the Heroic/Nightfall weeklies. Just to be clear, none of the above steps past the "25 kill" bounty are located on your radar nor are they fully explained.

You do not need to wait for Xur to unlock the new weeklies.

pj

Banned
Yea I died with the adds that protect it, and because I'm alone, I have to start that part all over to kill the wizards

The new story missions definitely seem more designed for 2-3 players. I'm sure its possible to solo them but you'd probably have more fun finding a group.

Finally was able to get on.

Lvl 30 Heroic was a pain in the ass. Keep forgetting how much I hate that mission.

Really enjoyed the first mission in TDB. Nice to see
debuffs
present in story missions.

need 2 for a fresh blind Crota raid on ps4. Been at the first part for about 30 mins now. So it won't be completely blind for you guys who come in.

LiK

The first part for Crota is a lot of fun with Raid buddies. The second part got frustrating for my Raid crew after a while altho once we learned of the strategy, it wasn't that bad at all.

Top Bottom