• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Deku Tree

Is the Monte Carlo good? i have one but idk if i should level it up.

I like mine. It is good. If you are going on a level 30 raid or a Weekly or a Nightfall there are much better choices for your exotic slot but if your just romping around then it's great.

Deku Tree

Looking for VoG flawless raider team.
Can start as early as 9pm est tonight.
Anyone interested?

I am down.

Will be using lvl 30 warlock. Have newly maxed out IB.

psn sjay1994.

I will be on at around 8:30 est tonight

I'd like to join if there is space. 9p works for me but 10p the latest because of work. Might have to find someone else if its later then that.

DekuBleep (31 Warlock)
Messiek (31 Warlock Titan Hunter... planning to use Warlock or Titan if needed)
sjay1994 (30 Warlock)
JTran2003 (30 Warlock)

Anyone else up to go for Flawless VoG PS4 tonight starting as early as 9pm EST (or possibly a little later if that is slightly too early)?

Jinjo

Is the Monte Carlo good? i have one but idk if i should level it up.

Monte Carlo + Claws of Ahamkara + Flame shield = overshield all the time.

Same goes for No Backup Plans on a Defender Titan.

That's like saying buying a multi-million dollar home is easy when you've already hit the lotto.
1AZuYos.png

Lol. It maybe kinda is. But I was hoping it'd be helpful on the off chance you lucked into a mythoclast.

Reposting from last thread

Hahaha, I am seriously considering this now.

Get him mat and chest farming!

Mat and chest farming will just be their proving ground. Within a couple weeks you'll have no problem having them run ROC playlist all day while you work. Those Engrams!

*sprinkles pixie dust*

There, all better.

Love the title, though I'd have rolled with How the Cryptarch Stole Christmas, myself. Freaking Rahool.

The Cryptarch is certainly a bastard, but the true Grinch is Xur. You'll understand when you get to level 30 and start to have Strange Coins burning a hole in your pocket.

Reposting from last thread

Mat and chest farming will just be their proving ground. Within a couple weeks you'll have no problem having them run ROC playlist all day while you work. Those Engrams!

The Cryptarch is certainly a bastard, but the true Grinch is Xur. You'll understand when you get to level 30 and start to have Strange Coins burning a hole in your pocket.

My wife will kill me. Not because of playing but because he is 7 and this game is not appropriate for him.

Bogeypop

Oh; he doesn't know. When you spawn into the nightfall instead of going into the mission like it tells you to go away from it and head to another darkness zone on the moon (wake the hive...) and just keep going in. All of the enemies will be level 30 and count without that pesky nightfall pain.

Only got about 30 kills from helping Hawkian, guess I'll try this out then.
klNGLS7.png

My wife will kill me. Not because of playing but because he is 7 and this game is not appropriate for him.

Lol, clearly joking, but still. I have a 7 and 9 year old that are obsessed with Minecraft and also like a bit of PvZ GW (My 3 yr old is even getting into it). I don't let them play Destiny even though my 9 yr old is obsessed with Space right now and gets so excited to see me fly to "Venus" and "Mars". She always asks me to look for the Curiosity Rover. Probably by the time Destiny 2 comes out I'll let her dip her toes in the water.

I don't like them to watch it that much because it is violent, but it's not overly gory so I don't get too uptight about it. They're already laying waste to Zombies all day, what's an alien here or there.

Mindlog

I thought Murmur would look a little more lively after a rotten core upgrade :\
Lol, clearly joking, but still. I have a 7 and 9 year old that are obsessed with Minecraft and also like a bit of PvZ GW (My 3 yr old is even getting into it). I don't let them play Destiny even though my 9 yr old is obsessed with Space right now and gets so excited to see me fly to "Venus" and "Mars". She always asks me to look for the Curiosity Rover. Probably by the time Destiny 2 comes out I'll let her dip her toes in the water.

I don't like them to watch it that much because it is violent, but it's not overly gory so I don't get too uptight about it. They're already laying waste to Zombies all day, what's an alien here or there.
If you have even a semi-capable PC I can't recommend Kerbal Space Program enough. It's Minecraft with space lessons.

JTran2003

DekuBleep (31 Warlock)
Messiek (31 Warlock Titan Hunter... planning to use Warlock or Titan if needed)
sjay1994 (30 Warlock)

Anyone else up to go for Flawless VoG PS4 tonight starting as early as 9pm EST (or possibly a little later if that is slightly too early)?

I'd like to join if there is space. 9p works for me but 10p the latest because of work. Might have to find someone else if its later then that.

I thought Murmur would look a little more lively after a rotten core upgrade :\

If you have even a semi-capable PC I can't recommend Kerbal Space Program enough. It's Minecraft with space lessons.

Very capable gaming rig. Never played it, but didn't think of how much the kids would like it. Thanks for the rec.

Deku Tree

How late can you play? I will be on before 9pm est for certain but I can't promise we will be finished by 10pm est. Depends how we do really. What level and class character will you be bringing?

LiK

What's the difference that you notice?

just seems more unpredictable in how much dmg you are doing after they upped the levels. also, no one is really playing IB in my list so i'm playing with mainly randoms for the bounty. got boring quick.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's the difference that you notice?

It's control >_<

I'm going to be doing PvP of some kind with my warlock, I guess it could be normal since I don't need gear for him.

will be looking for a late night IB group on my hunter.

Bogeypop

Oh; he doesn't know. When you spawn into the nightfall instead of going into the mission like it tells you to go away from it and head to another darkness zone on the moon (wake the hive...) and just keep going in. All of the enemies will be level 30 and count without that pesky nightfall pain.

If this worked previously it doesn't seem to work now. Knights are still doing huge Arc damage, and only Knights, Wizards, and above are counting towards the kill requirement.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently you HAVE to use the Fusion Rifle for kills... Doesn't really say it specifically in the bounty... "Use other Fusion Rifles until you have enough data to stabilize the Pocket Infinity"...
uoErDL0.png

They should put that in the ACTUAL bounty and not what's usually just flavor text.
Od2ZZmc.png

Though from your wording I assumed that the Nightfall modifiers wouldn't apply, but maybe you just meant you don't have to deal with Darkness Zones.

That's pretty much how I justified letting the kids play. Everything we've ever played involved killing something. From shooting turtles with fireballs and straight up shooting birds with a light gun back in the day, to killing zombies and spiders in Minecraft. Since some of my 8 year old's friends are playing COD with their older brothers, I felt the need to not be such a curmudgeon and let him play some kind of FPS...so cue Destiny with no blood or cursing, and something I can get into as well. Then of course, whatever the older one does, the younger follows.

I don't see much of a real life reaction out of them like I did when they were playing the Sonic game with the werewolf hedgehog. That game spilled into real life and made my kid angry and just an all around brute. We had to hide that disc and say we lost it.

rNilla

I had a Broken Truth with Unflinching but accidentally dismantled it during the Great Pre-DLC Legendary Purge.

JTran2003

How late can you play? I will be on before 9pm est for certain but I can't promise we will be finished by 10pm est. Depends how we do really. What level and class character will you be bringing?

Latest I can start is 10 in case it takes longer then it should. If it starts around that time I can try to stay until completion but I would say I need to leave at midnight. 30 warlock, my main and character I'm most comfortable with for gorgon and jumping maze, is who I'm bringing.

Agent

3 Crota Raid's Down this week

Got Dragons Breath (first chest) shards/energy on my Warlock
Got raid chest, shards/energy, shader, and raid machine gun on my Hunter
Got shards/energy, shader, and Light of the Abyss fusion rifle on my Titan

Not great, not terrible. The chest piece I got has bad attributes (more ammo for pulse/fusion rifles) so I'll level it up without putting shards into it.

Sad I won't be able to raid next week as I'll be away for the holiday.

phen0m24

That's pretty much how I justified letting the kids play. Everything we've ever played involved killing something. From shooting turtles with fireballs and straight up shooting birds with a light gun back in the day, to killing zombies and spiders in Minecraft. Since some of my 8 year old's friends are playing COD with their older brothers, I felt the need to not be such a curmudgeon and let him play some kind of FPS...so cue Destiny with no blood or cursing, and something I can get into as well. Then of course, whatever the older one does, the younger follows.

I don't see much of a real life reaction out of them like I did when they were playing the Sonic game with the werewolf hedgehog. That game spilled into real life and made my kid angry and just an all around brute. We had to hide that disc and say we lost it.

Hence why Private and I must live vicariously through our pvp-awesome offspring.
Now get off my console you whippersnapper!

spyder_ur

Looking to raid anytime between a few minutes from now and 9ish, as I just got my 3rd character Hunter to 31. I'd love to run CE if theres a group going out, but would be down for VoG Hard run too.

Deku Tree

Latest I can start is 10 in case it takes longer then it should. If it starts around that time I can try to stay until completion but I would say I need to leave at midnight. 30 warlock, my main and character I'm most comfortable with for gorgon and jumping maze, is who I'm bringing.

Ok. Your in. I plan to start by 9pm est.

Top Bottom