• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Deku Tree

Looking for VoG flawless raider team.
Can start as early as 9pm est tonight.
Anyone interested?

I am down.

Will be using lvl 30 warlock. Have newly maxed out IB.

psn sjay1994.

I will be on at around 8:30 est tonight

I'd like to join if there is space. 9p works for me but 10p the latest because of work. Might have to find someone else if its later then that.

DekuBleep (31 Warlock)
Messiek (31 Warlock Titan Hunter... planning to use Warlock or Titan if needed)
sjay1994 (30 Warlock)
JTran2003 (30 Warlock)

Anyone else up to go for Flawless VoG PS4 tonight starting as early as 9pm EST (or possibly a little later if that is slightly too early)? Any flawless sherpa's interested in doing another?

DekuBleep (31 Warlock)
Messiek (31 Warlock Titan Hunter... planning to use Warlock or Titan if needed)
sjay1994 (30 Warlock)
JTran2003 (30 Warlock)

Anyone else up to go for Flawless VoG PS4 tonight starting as early as 9pm EST (or possibly a little later if that is slightly too early)?

Can flawless raider still be achieved if a Warlock uses self res? Just curious if that is a crutch here.

Hence why Private and I must live vicariously through our pvp-awesome offspring.
Now get off my console you whippersnapper!

It's a bit scary how good they are at PvP. I'd love to see them do one of the three man playlists with Zoba. Every time time I see them school someone, I wonder what that person would think if they knew it was an 8 year old giving them that beat down.

If this worked previously it doesn't seem to work now. Knights are still doing huge Arc damage, and only Knights, Wizards, and above are counting towards the kill requirement.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently you HAVE to use the Fusion Rifle for kills... Doesn't really say it specifically in the bounty... "Use other Fusion Rifles until you have enough data to stabilize the Pocket Infinity"...
uoErDL0.png

They should put that in the ACTUAL bounty and not what's usually just flavor text.
Od2ZZmc.png

Though from your wording I assumed that the Nightfall modifiers wouldn't apply, but maybe you just meant you don't have to deal with Darkness Zones.

Yeah I probably should have worded that better. I mean the "Nightfall" skull won't be in effect so you can't get booted to orbit. Really helps if you just throw Murmur on Arc mode for this weeks burn.

It's a bit scary how good they are at PvP. I'd love to see them do one of the three man playlists with Zoba. Every time time I see them school someone, I wonder what that person would think if they knew it was an 8 year old giving them that beat down.

That's another good reason the game doesn't have open mics for PvP. I don't want to know when I just got outclassed by a kid.

Bogeypop

Yeah I probably should have worded that better. I mean the "Nightfall" skull won't be in effect so you can't get booted to orbit. Really helps if you just throw Murmur on Arc mode for this weeks burn.

I've got Plan C 2.0 and Light of the Abyss, these Hive fools won't know what hit 'em.
MFDsHmO.png
b

phen0m24

Josh beat my high score today (like that was hard) and he actually said:
clears throat

"I wish I could play with fig or Twilight Gap."

Now that just evokes feelings of a Master Miyagi-type situation. :)

#apprenticeGAF

clears throat

#apprenticeGAF

Amazing. I suck at Crucible

jadedm17

I've done it five times now between alts and Thorn bounty but....
Looking to do nightfall. Lv30 Hunter PS4 : notjaded

Can flawless raider still be achieved if a Warlock uses self res? Just curious if that is a crutch here.
I was gonna say no too because it counts against in bounties like complete a strike without dying or kill 100 enemies without dying.

clears throat

#apprenticeGAF

Talk about becoming Legend.

clears throat

#apprenticeGAF

Ha...has he watched you play with them, or did you show him some youtube videos? I barley ever get to play if the kids are awake, so they really don't know who anyone is. I think GutZ is the only "face" they know since I played some mid day games with him back before the kids became obsessed (and the weather was warmer so they weren't allowed to sit in front of the TV for too long).

phen0m24

Ha...has he watched you play with them, or did you show him some youtube videos? I barley ever get to play if the kids are awake, so they really don't know who anyone is. I think GutZ is the only "face" they know since I played some mid day games with him back before the kids became obsessed (and the weather was warmer so they weren't allowed to sit in front of the TV for too long).

I've spoken of fig's legend and showed him Zoba's video. He is aware of their epicness. :)

I've spoken of fig's legend and showed him Zoba's video. He is aware of their epicness. :)

lol...awesome.

I don't know how to check high scores, but a quick look at B.net shows this:

Me:
Best Single Game Kills

My Kid:
Best Single Game Kills

I also just noticed that his alt Hunter is already a 26. I wonder what he could be up to if he had just focused on one toon.
So proud!

EL CUCO

Love the title , wife is not happy with me bout it , but what can i say ... Let my grind woman!!!

Lol tell me about it. I pushed off shopping earlier because I was in too deep to stop

Now I gotta bite the bullet on a late night trip to the stores.

gdt

Any gaffers wanna team up for a control pain train? I'm working on the Thorn and bad juju bounty so it'd go easier with gaffers.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Are any kind souls willing to take my Lvl 27 hunter through the first two parts of Crota's End and the chest? lol. PSN: ShadowKayos

So I think I'm done with this game for now. I've done and seen everything. I got to lvl 31 and will probably be back for hard raid or next expansion. The grind is just so useless and long.

Deku Tree

Lol tell me about it. I pushed off shopping earlier because I was in too deep to stop

My wife went shopping this afternoon. The store shelves were empty and everyone was pushing and shoving. Hope you have better luck.

Nuszka

Know what you mean , i am getting up tommorw at 7 am my time so the wife can do her pre christmas shopping, not happy bout it but at least i will get away from the crazy rush. Anyway i wanted to set a crota run straight after the reset on tuesday so i would be able to get as much as possible done bevore the christmas gets in my home for the full swing, but wife had different plans ... Will try to do my best to be available on tusday morning for crota raid.

rNilla

I really want to like No Land Beyond, it is a beautiful exotic, but I'm struggling to find a way to have fun with it in PVE. Its signature Perk The Master--which supposed increases precision damage and increases damage briefly after a kill--doesn't seem to help much. I'll keep playing around with it but so far I don't understand its purpose. Super long range kills?

I think exotics like NLB and Universal Remote are missing an ability to make them worthwhile as a primary (or as an exotic at all). NLB has a horrendous rate of fire. Universal Remote is decent once you get the range perk but is still a shotgun and takes forever to reload. The Mythoclast, on the other hand, acts more like an Auto Rifle and has a ton of ammo, things that set it apart from other fusion rifles.

I've had fun using Universal Remote during Dailies as kind of an additional challenge modifier but NLB seems too slow and cumbersome to do anything (or have fun) with.

Top Bottom