• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

How the fuck do you guys remember where you got your exotics? o_O

I can only remember that I got my Ballerhorn from a legendary engram. That's pretty much it lol

Weapon stand out in my mind. Telling you where all my armor exotics came from would be a lot more challenging.

Plus, remembering what you bought from Xur, and if you did the exotic bounties are pretty easy. The rest are just misc.

Deku Tree

Just got my third husk of the pit. Never farmed for one. I might keep three of them in case the necrochasm is good. Gonna destroy any more that I get though.

LordofPwn

Weapon stand out in my mind. Telling you where all my armor exotics came from would be a lot more challenging.

Plus, remembering what you bought from Xur, and if you did the exotic bounties are pretty easy. The rest are just misc.

I cant even remember how many exotic hunter helms i've gotten from nightfalls. like if i get an exotic it's a 50% chance its a hunter helm.

How the fuck do you guys remember where you got your exotics? o_O

I can only remember that I got my Ballerhorn from a legendary engram. That's pretty much it lol
Easy for me, since I don't play PvP. Never had one pop up from a regular Strike or a Vanguard level-up.

Anyone remember when Bungie told us how great the stories behind our loot would be? Yeah...

I'd pay for a voice pack. I still want to edit in some Halo announcer into some gameplay recordings. He just sounds like a disappointed foster father.

Is Shaxx a profession VA or someone in house?

Also, why the hell doesn't Saladin announce the Iron Banner? I'd love to hear him yell at me.

LordofPwn

Just got my third husk of the pit. Never farmed for one. I might keep three of them in case the necrochasm is good. Gonna destroy any more that I get though.

I like the stability of the husk of the pit. almost half way to leveld up. didnt even know i got it until i noticed my primary weapons were full out on patrol.

Hard Light - Legendary Engram
Monte Carlo - No
SUROS Regime - First Nightfall, upgraded
MIDA Multi-Tool - No
Hawkmoon - No
The Last Word - No
Thorn - Bounty
Bad Juju - Bounty
Red Death - No (No idea why I haven't bought it the several times Xur sold it)
Universal Remote - No
No Land Beyond - First Crota chest from this week
Vex Mythoclast - First VoG Hard
Invective - Bounty
4th Horseman - No
Ice Breaker - Xur, upgraded
Patience & Time - Xur
Plan C - Xur
Pocket Infinity - No (Still need two Fusion Rifles to get to next step)
Super Good Advice - Bounty
Thunderlord - No
Gjallarhorn - Xur
Truth - Xur
Dragon's Breath - No
Nechrochasm - Of course not

Total 13/24
Xur - 5
Raiding - 2
PvP - 0
Nightfall 1
Bounties - 4

I think I've gotten a multiple for SUROS (obvious multiple bounties) but I don't remember when and where.

Ambitious

I wanted to play Vanguard ROC for an hour or so.

Undying Mind? Fuck. Ok, let's do this.
Omnigul? Fuck. Okay.
Phogoth? Cool.
Undying Mind? Fuck off. I quit and selected the playlist again.
Undying Mind. Quit.
Undying Mind. Quit.
Undying Mind. Quit.
Dust Palace.

Sigh.

Is Shaxx a profession VA or someone in house?

Also, why the hell doesn't Saladin announce the Iron Banner? I'd love to hear him yell at me.

He's a professional actor, Lennie James. Recently seen on The Walking Dead.

He's beyond boring in Destiny - he's irritating as hell. Please let us disable him, Bungie.

Man how are you guys getting lucky with all these exotics. I can't wait for the day I get an exotic weapon in either raid. The way it's going though it'll probably never happen.

I do have about 8 fragments of the prime though cos that's what I always got from the chest in the gorgon maze.

bosseye

Evening gaffers (UK time anyway).

Does anyone fancy taking a total babe in the woods through CE soon, if not RIGHT NOW. Tempting I know, don't all clamour at once. PSN is BarryFishFinger, level 30 warlock.

Eternally grateful if so!

Deku Tree

Omnigul? Fuck. Okay.
Phogoth? Cool.
Undying Mind. Quit.
Undying Mind. Quit.
Undying Mind. Quit.
Dust Palace.

Sigh.

How long did all that take?

Omnigul? Fuck. Okay.
Phogoth? Cool.
Undying Mind. Quit.
Undying Mind. Quit.
Undying Mind. Quit.
Dust Palace.

Sigh.

If you don't like 38% of the strikes available, you're gonna have a bad time.

If i start at A i sit back and see if the enemy goes up top, if so i snipe them so they stop doing than. it'll funnel them through B. I then charge C, if there are still enemies there, i run past them to get to the Special ammo by the back door to B. this will usually flip the spawns and allow the randoms that die at B to spawn by C so we can take it. They just go for the closest red point. Otherwise I cap C and then hit up the special ammo and flank B. I never go for B unless it's clear and i have teammates to quickly cap it. I'll just stay down by the B Heavy so i can make sure the enemy doesn't take C and kill any of them that manage to flip spawns. if you play it right you'll have at most 2 randoms try and go for A which will usually keep the other team distracted. That or make sure you're the highest level. i'll usually get a blueberry or 2 to follow me. cause they think "O he's higher level than me, he probably knows what he's doing"

We're not fucking shepards. The very fact we have to manipulate spawns and play like this to funnel your own team speaks volumes.

(I'm not commenting on your play style btw, it seems like it'll work. I'm just really pissed off, as I just lost another game...)

Daemul

The Necrochasm is going to be shit, I just know it. There's no way anything good comes from it's stat spread, it's pretty much an Exotic Atheon's Epilogue.

Deku Tree

The Necrochasm is going to be shit, I just know it. There's no way anything good comes from it's stat spread, it's pretty much an Exotic Atheon's Epilogue.

I like AE. Especially for void burns.

Also I'm gonna like watching my foes explode like a cursed thrall when I get crits.

Mindlog

After a few great games I got into an Undying Mind strike where the other two refused to spawn orbs. Not spawning orbs is a huge drag on that Strike :\

rNilla

I am playing with Nami and there's a strange aura surrounding his Titan. If I stand too close I experience strange orange visions of civilizations long passed.

If you don't like 38% of the strikes available, you're gonna have a bad time.

True that. I wish you could just select the strike you wanna play. Out of all of the strikes the only one that I actually look forward to playing is Devil's Lair and Summoning Pits. The rest are give or take. That just shows how badly designed most of the strikes are.

There is no way in hell I'll ever play Cerberus Vae again. I don't even play it when it's nightfall. FUCK that strike.

LordofPwn

We're not fucking shepards. The very fact we have to manipulate spawns and play like this to funnel your own team speaks volumes.

(I'm not commenting on your play style btw, it seems like it'll work. I'm just really pissed off, as I just lost another game...)

O it works, and if you play with randoms it makes it bearable. Granted i was playing with my roommate who is not great at PVP, but as you can see the strat works.
Photo%20Dec%2028%2C%207%2018%2028%20PM.png

JTran2003

Vanguard ROC.

Omnigul is the strike that got selected.

We start.

... everyone pulls out their Ghosts and back to orbit!

Lol. I don't care for that strike either but for me its great for glimmer. All those enemies at the end while black wax is active is not that bad. Not the best way to glimmer farm but not too bad as well.

EL CUCO

Lennie James WOULD'VE been great. Same goes for Dinklage. It's the weird boring direction Bungie chose to take with these great actors.

When we first heard the Dinklebot there was a ton of hype about it. Then we played the Alpha and the hype train crashed and burned.

Deku Tree

Nechrochasm in PvP will be crazy. Imagine killing a whole team if they are bunched together and one of them explodes like a cursed thrall.

Well then sign me up. I wreck faces with Atheon's Epilogue. Despite what most people say, there's very few guns that are actually completely bad. Most just take time to adjust to.

Nechrochasm in PvP will be crazy. Imagine killing a whole team if they are bunched together and one of them explodes like a cursed thrall.

I've already nearly done this with Golden Gun's explosion perk in the Gunslinger tree. 5 guys bunched up and 2 shots killed 4 of them.

Nuszka

It better be a good weapon. I spent 12 freaking hours hunting for the Husk.

So far i got my Eidollon Ally almost maxed out and... it is not good... Hope Necrochasm is worth it.
Edit: Just saw the post above and you were actually speaking bout Necrochasm.

Top Bottom