• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hiko

Banned
Ya I found a red hand but all perks were reload, range, stability it was too good. Bought tfwpky but it's not the same. Not sure what perks red hand has from vendors though

Red Hand IX isn't sold but I got a couple by ranking up new monarchy. They both had perfect balance. It's basically Devil You Know with max stability. Was my go to HC before I bought TLW.

Eh first NF down and it gave me aretty decent Vanquisher AR. I rolled with Counterbalance, Third Eye, and a choice of Field Scout/Fitted Stock/Single Point Sling.

Saving my Warlock's NF for a little later today so just bounties and working on my baby hunter for now.

Deku, if you like crucible then just power level your Titan in there. Pays off when you go back and run story missions for 6k-7k xp.

Eh first NF down and it gave me aretty decent Vanquisher AR. I rolled with Counterbalance, Third Eye, and a choice of Field Scout/Fitted Stock/Single Point Sling.

Saving my Warlock's NF for a little later today so just bounties and working on my baby hunter for now.

Deku, if you like crucible then just power level your Titan in there. Pays off when you go back and run story missions for 6k-7k xp.

Nice both if my vanquisher rolls were meh so far. I'd be down to roll a nightfall with you later

Hiko

Banned
just curious. How many tries did it take you?

This was probably the fourth or fifth time I've completed the hard raid.

TBH I'm actually kind of underwhelmed by the gun so far. I don't have the extended battery obviously, but so far it doesn't seem as good as the Suros. They both do the same damage but Suros is way more accurate. I can see it being useful for solar burn, but then again I have Ice Breaker for that.

Jinjo

What's the clip size on the HC?

8. Increased hipfire with grenadier. It has a crappy middle tree though. No range or reload increases or field scout. Looks cool though.

Auto rifle atleast has crowd control but it's one of those low impact ones. Absolutely abyssmal stability. But you know, might as well level then.

Deku Tree

Think of the shards and engeries you will get :D haha

edit: honesty, the grinding does suck and is really off putting IMO if I had to make another character from scratch. I do understand if youre moving away from the game as well (will miss playing with you) I know I will be playing less within the coming weeks since school is starting back and whenever I start my bitch work aka get my research position.

I am not moving away from this game at all. I just might not have the time to play as much as I was over the holiday. I have a lot of work to do. :) Hope to keep playing with you, and will also miss playing with you. You were a great help on our Flawless run!!!

Mattiator

It appears I was too late I am starting a nightfall up ps4 Mattiator85 feel free to join. If my kids don't wake up soon I will run it 3 times.

Got one in for 3 so need one more.

boofa

Neo Member
My disdain for RNG continues this week. I've made it through the bridge with all 3 of my toons, got total of 12 shards, 12 energy, Hunter arms (already have with better stat roll) and Titan boots. Only thing I needed was Titan boots. No exotics, no chests. I expect to have another disappointing week for drops.

LTWood12

TBH I'm actually kind of underwhelmed by the gun so far. I don't have the extended battery obviously, but so far it doesn't seem as good as the Suros. They both do the same damage but Suros is way more accurate. I can see it being useful for solar burn, but then again I have Ice Breaker for that.

Gotcha. I'm leveling a Suros right now actually and I'm really enjoying it, though the slow fire rate takes some getting used to. Still need that Icebreaker too.

blazeuk

First NF of the week dropped Red Hand IX for me, tried it out going through the weekly and it feels great, the perks I got on it were clown cartridge, high caliber rounds/flared magwell/explosive rounds and luck in the chamber. My only other primary weapon at 331 is Thorn so I'll probably max the Red Hand too, better than last weeks drop of Devil You Don't which I got on 2 characters and both had awful perks.

zewone

It's killer in PVP with the stability perks. Extended mag used to be 56 shots instead of 35. I miss it.

But yeah, Vex is not that great anymore after the 33% damage reduction and since it maxes out at 323 attack.

Nuszka

So just realized i got Guilty Gear xrd like 3 weeks ago and only played it like 10 hours, i really love it , but somehow i always end up turning Destiny on. Think i have a problem.

LTWood12

What is the Perk you must not activate on Black Hammer?

Got one from Crota... dont want to screw up the weapon

I think NOT taking the perk is the wrong call. The chances of you getting three precision shots in quick succession on a major are probably pretty bad. Gun only has 3 rounds per mag. I'll take the guaranteed damage buff over the unlikely extra 3 shots.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So just realized i got Guilty Gear xrd like 3 weeks ago and only played it like 10 hours, i really love it , but somehow i always end up turning Destiny on. Think i have a problem.

I only put in about 10 hours into Mordor and Dragon Age combined since buying them. That said, I've put about 40 into Persona Q. So good.

Hiko

Banned
Gotcha. I'm leveling a Suros right now actually and I'm really enjoying it, though the slow fire rate takes some getting used to. Still need that Icebreaker too.

Yeah, I don't think you're really missing much if you have the Suros.

Also got the Corrective Measure from this raid (yeah, it was a pretty rewarding run for a change!) but I don't think it will replace my Prestige IV.

zewone

Just tried it, reload absolutely sucks. You need magwell, field scout or outlaw/spray and play for sure.

Yeah that doesn't sound too hot without Magwell or Field Scout on it.

Bro, why did I get:

Outlaw: 150% base reload speed after precision kill
Feeding Frenzy: Boosts reload speed to 120% of base after kills

No matter what type of kill I get, the thing is reloading like crazy.

R0ckman

Not sure if you or anyone else here watches the Extra Credits You Tube channel but they had a pretty great video about how MMO economies work, very interesting I thought.

http://youtu.be/W39TtF14i8I

What would be the weakness of a limited anonymous trading system? Basically you just go to a board or computer in the tower, pull up a system where you can post a weapon or armor and ask for a weapon or armor in return. First come, first served on postings and you can not use any currencies in the trades, only items for items and the asker has to set what armor or weapon they want in return, similar to the Pokemon GTS.

I have two Warlocks (32, 31) and a Hunter (31). I just noticed that I have enough Armor for a Titan to be able to grind to 31 as a Titan and be normal CE raid ready... What do you think DGAF should I keep both of my Warlocks or delete one of them and create a Titan?

I would delete one Warlock and do a Titan. You'll have all 3 classes and Titan's are a blast to play.

Bro, why did I get:

Outlaw: 150% base reload speed after precision kill
Feeding Frenzy: Boosts reload speed to 120% of base after kills

No matter what type of kill I get, the thing is reloading like crazy.

What gun are you guys talking about?

How much rep is granted from a nightfall?

Top Bottom