• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

My Hunter got the boots so now she has full raid gear. Titan and Warlock are missing helmets but can still reach 32 (Titan is already 32).

Will wait a while before deciding if I should convert my energy to shards and get another character to 32.

You should wait. No point really right now. Will,probably get another two attempts at the raid per character before the hard raid comes out

I have two Warlocks (32, 31) and a Hunter (31). I just noticed that I have enough Armor for a Titan to be able to grind to 31 as a Titan and be normal CE raid ready... What do you think DGAF should I keep both of my Warlocks or delete one of them and create a Titan?

Different classes are a lot more fun

Deku Tree

I have two Warlocks (32, 31) and a Hunter (31). I just noticed that I have enough Armor for a Titan to be able to grind to 31 as a Titan and be normal CE raid ready... What do you think DGAF should I keep both of my Warlocks or delete one of them and create a Titan?

Go Titan.

Namikaze1

Thanks for this, (edit: wo?)man. Good stuff.

FYI you don't have to quote images anymore. GAF now resizes them automatically..
man. You had it right the first time. :p

Didn't know about. I'm so used to placing big images behind quotes since the infamous second son photo mode thread.

Alright, after the disappointment that was my Titan's run through of Crota, my Warlock and Hunter had a much better time.

My warlock got his boots, which he needed. Putting him at 2/4 raid pieces.

My hunter got his chest, which he needed. Putting him at 2/4 raid pieces.

PLUS! My hunter pulled a Monte Carlo out of the first chest. Which I believe leaves me with 20/24 exotic weapons in the game.

I'm pretty sure I'm only missing
-Hard Light
-4th Horsemen
-Thunderlord
-Necrochasm

My Hunter got the boots so now she has full raid gear. Titan and Warlock are missing helmets but can still reach 32 (Titan is already 32).

Will wait a while before deciding if I should convert my energy to shards and get another character to 32.

Dooo it. What raid secondaries/heavies deserve to be maxed besides BH or HoC for anyone w/o GH? You'll be covered in rad mats before you know it. Of course Lv32 doesn't really matter until hard mode but it definitely makes CE even sillier than it already is if you are never under-leveled.

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah, it should work. I used remote play to log on while vacationing in Florida last month.

You will probably get some lag and a few disconnects here and there but it should be okay for Xur and easy bounties. Having your PS4 on a wired connection will give you the best results from my experience.

Upload speed at your house is the key here, and I'm assuming you're listing your download speed.

However, since you're not doing anything that requires a fast reaction, you should be fine. Worst case scenario, it tests your patience a bit :).

Why not just throw your PS4 in a backpack on weekends though?

Your upload speed at home is more important than download speed when doing remote play. You should be fine though. I do RP from work at lunch every day. It drop now and again depending on how many people are around, but easily pull off daily patrol stuff.

It's hit or miss. I was doing remote play over the holidays and was able to connect maybe 30% of the time. I had a slower connection than you do so maybe you'll have better luck. If you do connect, you'll have no problem with Xur/Tower and some simple bounties. The lag sucks but you'll get used to it.
Thanks guys... I will buy a Vita and try... it is most to buy Xur stuffs but if I can do some daily bounties better.

@GalacticMouse I did that for some weeks but it is just too tired to move it everytime... remove plugs, etc... the travel is about 8 hours too... I think the Vita is a better deal than move it with me.

LTWood12

Does anyone even do the daily mission anymore? Why the hell is it still the old crap? I haven't run a daily in over a month.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I've said for months that having more than one class is kinda pointless. For one, there's really no need to race to 32 - hard mode isn't going to be out for a few weeks, I think. Second, though the classes are pretty similar, there's enough differences there for people to have preferences, and while your preference today might be a warlock, tomorrow it might be a titan. Third, you'll never get a drop that goes to waste if you have all three classes.

Do you want two of the worst class or one of the best? (Disclaimer: this is a joke, pls no seriousness).

Namikaze1

That's some horrible stat distribution though.
I don't know why both my Hunter and Titan are getting screwed over in the intellect department while my Warlock has two raid gears with Intellect bonus. I don't mind my strength being high on my Titan due to shields. I hate having so much strength on my Hunter though. I prefer Intellect + Strength for my Titan, and Intellect + Discipline for both Hunters and Warlocks.

Nice, expect more tower spam.
This is true.

SpecX

Any reason why we can't do trade ins for Ass Energy and Ass Shards?

This would be great, hopefully Bungie considers it in future updates. I'm at the point I have so many energies coming through and no legendary weapons to use them on.

cilonen

Does anyone even do the daily mission anymore? Why the hell is it still the old crap? I haven't run a daily in over a month.

Most of the time it's ~5mins effort for a blue engram. If it's anything more involved than about that much effort I'll skip it.

I've said for months that having more than one class is kinda pointless. For one, there's really no need to race to 32 - hard mode isn't going to be out for a few weeks, I think. Second, though the classes are pretty similar, there's enough differences there for people to have preferences, and while your preference today might be a warlock, tomorrow it might be a titan. Third, you'll never get a drop that goes to waste if you have all three classes.

I think you meant having ONLY one class is kind of pointless. Or did you just change your mind from what you had said for months?

Power is still out for me. Sigh. If I get Hawkmoon this week I'm deleting one of my hunters and making a Titan or Warlock.

I never felt the need to play the other classes but I'm only doing it to get grimoire points. I enjoy playing the game how I like it to be honest. Once I get the max grimoire points and achievements I'll probably delete my other characters and just make more Hunters.

I don't know why both my Hunter and Titan are getting screwed over in the intellect department while my Warlock has two raid gears with Intellect bonus. I don't mind my strength being high on my Titan due to shields. I hate having so much strength on my Hunter though. I prefer Intellect + Strength for my Titan, and Intellect + Discipline for both Hunters and Warlocks.

This is true.

My level 32 hunter has literally ZERO intellect. Really annoying but that's what I'm working with right now.

Is there a 331 handcannon with firefly and >8 mag size?
Firefly is moderately broken from what I understand, don't bother with it (renders crit damage inert). Red Hand IX is a great 331 hand cannon with a 10 round mag. TFWPKY 1969 also has a 10 round clip, both can have field scout perks.

Never dropped for me lol. And it took me 2 months to get a Fatebringer...

Haha, oh good... now I'm not as jealous.

I got two exotics from the first raid chest today (Plan C and then TLW). DAMMIT JUST GIVE ME THE HORN!

Then I can finally start playing this game.

I feel with the loot changes they made with CE, duplicate characters are not needed as much. With two warlocks, I have all the gear needed for 32 and am just missing the helm for a full set.

If you have all the armor drops there's really no reason to keep two of the same class. Hard mode is just for primaries.

ocean

Banned
First week I run Nightfall 3 times. My awesome rewards:

NF1: 9 coins
NF2: 6 coins
NF3: 9 coins

Never been one to complain about RNG but this is honestly disappointing. ThirdROB, thanks for the carry!

LiK

First week I run Nightfall 3 times. My awesome rewards:

NF1: 9 coins
NF2: 6 coins
NF3: 9 coins

Never been one to complain about RNG but this is honestly disappointing. ThirdROB, thanks for the carry!

lol, sucks. At least you can pick up Exotics from Xur. I've had weeks with nothing but shit purple weapons.

Deku Tree

You should wait. No point really right now. Will,probably get another two attempts at the raid per character before the hard raid comes out

Different classes are a lot more fun

Go Titan.

Do you want two of the worst class or one of the best? (Disclaimer: this is a joke, pls no seriousness).

I feel with the loot changes they made with CE, duplicate characters are not needed as much. With two warlocks, I have all the gear needed for 32 and am just missing the helm for a full set.

If you have all the armor drops there's really no reason to keep two of the same class. Hard mode is just for primaries.

You are all right... the problem is I was just getting ready to put Destiny on "farm" and do all my weekly stuff with quickness and otherwise majorly reduce my time investment in this game for a while... grinding a whole new character was not part of my plan... I will have to think it over.

ocean

Banned
lol, sucks. At least you can pick up Exotics from Xur. I've had weeks with nothing but shit purple weapons.
I actually bought the "join at last minute" hype. Went in on my 27 Hunter who did double-digit damage with maxed out weapons (lol) and obviously got no kills. 9 coins. Fuckkkkk

I hope Crota gives me Black Hammer at least. That'd more than make up for this.

EL CUCO

Nooo! Don't do it. I wouldn't wish the grind of the complete story and cutscenes on anyone. And don't forget #warlockmasterrace #trenchcoats #spacemagic

The only reason why Titans jump so good is because they're over compensating...don't be fooled by it.
I'm thinking of deleting my 2nd Lock for a Hunter...again

Palocca

Red Hand IX or TFWPKY 1969? I have 1969? Was grinding Monarchy for Red Hand and was wondering if it would be worth it.

I got Red Hand from Nightfall like the second week of expansion and I really enjoy it. I have Outlaw as one of my perks and it makes popping heads fun. I really wish TLW had Outlaw as one of its perks...

Top Bottom