• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

matmanx1

Hawkmoon PvP damange, with 0, 1, 2 or 3 proc's per bullet

Body: ~60 / 80 / 110 / 145
Headshot: ~90 / 120 / 160 / 214

So you can kill with two crit shots if you get the perk once, one crit and one body shot if you get the perk twice or only one crit if you get it thrice.

Obviously OHKs are very rare but 2HK with crit shots is not terribly uncommon. Doesn't really matter for PvP if another HC has higher impact since it can't kill in 2 crit shots without Luck in the Chamber.

Exotic HCs are arguably the best PvP exotics but definitely some of the worst for PvE. There's no serious pve activity that would benefit more from an exotic HC than the usual suspects. But they are fun as shit so use them for everything non-serious.

Thorn is always a 2 hit kill with headshots in Crucible. No luck about it,

Firefly is random, so any hand cannon can have a possibility of it being a perk.

Dailies drop legendary engrams as rewards fairly often. I get one just about every other daily. Definitely worth doing.
I've seen a total of 3 in months of doing dailies. You are very lucky.

jump down and get to the right side (right conflux), there is a rock, where you can hide behind. one grabs relic, kills harpies, super on boss -> dps (beware of detain shield and don't block others, caution with rockets). repeat until it goes down. Don't bother about oracles, just cleanse when marked.

you should do it on normal, much faster. practice the templar part and it shouldn't be a problem ;) even on hard i think it's not necessary to go on top...

This is exactly how we do it. Just did it on Hard mode 2 nights ago and no one died. It is very easy.

Jaeyden

Between 2 nightfalls and just the beginning of CE our group has gotten 5 Dragons Breath. What kind of high level trolling is this? I got 2 of em. This game kills me sometimes.

Schwabe

I've thought about trying that. Do we know if it really works?

Everybody groups behind the rock and focus on templar. When we get marked, relic guys cleanses and move on. Does it really work?

the templar spawns 2 oracles, wait for the second and cleanse. my group does it on hard mode this way, it works. on hard there are sometimes 3 oracles ... if the oracles spawn down the steps or beside you, kill them of course, you should ignore oracles on the other side ... on normal mode it isn't really a long fight with standard weapons ...

like i said, just try it out, practice it. dangerous are only rocketlaunchers while detained ... and splash damage by the templar ...

Yeah, I getcha. There are some easy safe strats for the first CE section (Saint helm, Don't Touch Me gauntlets, etc.) but everyone is a lot more familiar with VoG I'm sure.

Templar can be done a few ways. You can:

-Only have 1 proficient relic user (ideally TItan) jump down, everyone else stays up and snipes spawn doors during confluxes, then snipes oracles during oracles while bottom guy hides in the spot where he/she can cover the cubbey-hole/back left oracles. Then you have everyone in position for the Templar pseudo-cheese. A Titan relic holder can block Teleports with bubbles while a Titan up top uses I-WoL for everyone to burn Templar quick (IceB, BHam)

-Everyone group together on the back right side near the cave, or the left side by the stairs area. Don't worry about killing oracles unless you have a safe sight line on it, just cleanse the group when marked. And make sure to time the shield breaks when the two oracles are down or group is all cleansed and Templar is doing the Ritual. DPS the F out of him with snipers and I-WoL.-

Never thought about doing confluxes with everybody but 1 up on the plataform...
If we can survive confluxes, I believe it is by far the best strategy.

The second strategy seems great. I think we will give it a go tonight in our first attempt.

Maxed Ice Breakers all stay at the very top and one poor fool goes down to kick things off and hides in the spirit bloom chest room between rounds to avoid the harpies. Things only start getting dicey during the third round with all 3 confluxes. We usually do 3 Ice Breakers on the left (one helping to watch center) and 2 on the right with the lone guy sticking around at the center to fight off teleporters.

Ok. If we can survive confluxes with just one down there, I'm pretty sure we can do this.

How do you guys handle the right conflux tho?
Theres just very little room between the cave and the conflux.

Weekly FunRun™ CE needs a 6th for our roster tonight at 9pm EST.

1) scarletham
2) phen0m24 / ColonelOfCorn
3) Hoodbury
4) X-Frame
5) Boguester / Drizzay
6)

Post here if you're interested. The only requirement is a good attitude and a level 30+. If you don't have a mic, I guess we can waive the "good attitude" requirement.

I've yet to flawlessly do deathsinger with a group. is it to just clear out some of the knights before Burning her?

Have you done DS with a full group of 32s? Since the enemy levels go to 32 starting here anyone 31 is at a huge health disadvantage. You should have plenty of time to burn everything down and play it safe, especially since she will absolutely melt with 6 Lv32 snipers hitting her during her liturgy when she takes more damage.

And if you die, it only takes probably 20 minutes to get back there, if that once you have it down. You won't be done with Oracles within 20 min in VoG. Very important for the morale of the group.

Got another nitc from nightfall which I was going to scrap until I realized it had firefly,zen moment and hcr and explosive rounds. Not bad

spyder_ur

1) scarletham
3) Hoodbury
4) X-Frame
5) Boguester / Drizzay
6)

Post here if you're interested. The only requirement is a good attitude and a level 30+. If you don't have a mic, I guess we can waive the "good attitude" requirement.

I'm down - spyder_ur. Think I have played with most everyone on that list and I think we're friends.

1) scarletham
3) Hoodbury
4) X-Frame
5) Boguester / Drizzay
6)

I'm down :)

I prefer Thorn for long range just because of the guaranteed 2 headshot kill and Hawkmoon if I may need burst damage.

Am I the only one who chose low recoil over extended range on Thorn? Maybe it says something about my aim, but I find myself frantically firing shots at close-mid range enemies far more often than I do sniping with it.

Trace

Banned
Hit 32 today, time to wreck Crota in hardmode! (When it's released.)

Until then I will settle with killing Crota in two swords.

None.

The radiant shards, spare gear, spare weapons and Eris trade was enough to put all at level 32. Now, I only have 1 radiant shard left. lol

Crazy! I'm about 30 shards away from having a 3rd 32, my Warlock.

I never should have put radiant energy into my Light of the Abyss!

Nah, that thing in PvP with a Titan defender bubble on armour of light is the funniest shit ever. Fuck shotguns.

Crazy! I'm 30 shards away from having a 3rd 32, my Warlock.

I never should have put radiant energy into my Light of the Abyss!

Nah, that thing I'm PvP with a Titan defender bubble on armour of light is the funniest shit ever. Fuck shotguns.

Considering hard mode may be a ways off, it isn't a big deal that you waste a few mats. With 3 toons, you are probably a week away from the last one.

Top Bottom