• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

You are all right... the problem is I was just getting ready to put Destiny on "farm" and do all my weekly stuff with quickness and otherwise majorly reduce my time investment in this game for a while... grinding a whole new character was not part of my plan... I will have to think it over.
Lol we are wielders now, our job is grinding :p it's not that bad if you already have legendary titan gear. Plus once you hit lvl27, I am sure you can tag along with a group for the first two parts of CE for easy loot.

Greenymac

Red Hand IX or TFWPKY 1969? I have 1969? Was grinding Monarchy for Red Hand and was wondering if it would be worth it.

I cant speak for red hand, but Im loving the 1969....mulligan, field scout, and return to sender....Plus I think field scout gives it 13 shots..

Deku Tree

I'm thinking of deleting my 2nd Lock for a Hunter...again

image.php

jaaz

I have two Warlocks (32, 31) and a Hunter (31). I just noticed that I have enough Armor for a Titan to be able to grind to 31 as a Titan and be normal CE raid ready... What do you think DGAF should I keep both of my Warlocks or delete one of them and create a Titan?

I have two Warlocks (32 and 31, with the second one almost 32) and I am leveling up a TItan. I tried the Hunter, but it really wasn't for me. I would not dream of deleting either of my Warlocks. It's by far my favorite class to play and it's really nice having a back-up to use for those terrible RNG days. I actually made the second Warlock for VOG where after over 25 runs, the gauntlets for my main Warlock refused to drop. Due to the terrible RNG system, I needed a backup to get my main Warlock to 30.

Now CE is supposed to be better in that area, but I still kept my second Warlock around. It pretty much assured me that one of my Warlocks would be 32 by the time CE Hard Mode drops, and well, mission accomplished. if you play a ton, none of this probay matters as all of your 3 characters SHOULD be 32 by the time CE Hard Mode drops, but I do not play that much and didn't want to take the chance. Giving this RNG system, I'm keeping my 2 Warlocks.

Jrmint

I'm looking to run the Nightfall and Weekly 3x each tonight at 6pm Eastern time (3 hours from now). Looking for 2 people.

Feel free to add me in the mean time. PSN - Palom12

Deku Tree

Lol we are wielders now, our job is grinding :p it's not that bad if you already have legendary titan gear. Plus once you hit lvl27, I am sure you can tag along with a group for the first two parts of CE for easy loot.

Yup if I start it soon then I can get get four rolls this week at everything instead of only three...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm looking to run the Nightfall and Weekly 3x each tonight at 6pm Eastern time (3 hours from now). Looking for 2 people.

Feel free to add me in the mean time. PSN - Palom12

Ha, I was just coming to make this very same exact post. I'm up for 6 runs.

Cruxist

Awwww yisss.

Only ran the reset with my Titan so far, but I got a Monte Carlo from the nightfall and my last piece of CE gear.

Gonna hit 32 for sure this week! Now I just need to get my warlock up to speed...

Yup if I start it soon then I can get get four rolls this week at everything instead of only three...
Think of the shards and engeries you will get :D haha

edit: honesty, the grinding does suck and is really off putting IMO if I had to make another character from scratch. I do understand if youre moving away from the game as well (will miss playing with you) I know I will be playing less within the coming weeks since school is starting back and whenever I start my bitch work aka get my research position.

Cruxist

I have two Warlocks (32, 31) and a Hunter (31). I just noticed that I have enough Armor for a Titan to be able to grind to 31 as a Titan and be normal CE raid ready... What do you think DGAF should I keep both of my Warlocks or delete one of them and create a Titan?

I'd say do it. I personally find the different at styles to be very rewarding. Plus, all of my classes look really different.
Blood red CE Titan? Check
Frabjous Orange hunter with cosmic joke? Check.
Glowing white warlock? Absolutely.

I'd say delete your warlock when ready. Run your Lock that you're going to delete through the NF/CE, claim your rewards, then make your Titan. They level up so fast if you play Crucible, and do the bounties. No need to power level in 1 day when you can take advantage of bounties and it'll get there soon. (Unless you want 4 rolls this week, but even then you have 6 days of bounties if you start today). 3 classes is the way to go!

nowai

Hawkmoon PvP damange, with 0, 1, 2 or 3 proc's per bullet

Body: ~60 / 80 / 110 / 145
Headshot: ~90 / 120 / 160 / 214

So you can kill with two crit shots if you get the perk once, one crit and one body shot if you get the perk twice or only one crit if you get it thrice.

Obviously OHKs are very rare but 2HK with crit shots is not terribly uncommon. Doesn't really matter for PvP if another HC has higher impact since it can't kill in 2 crit shots without Luck in the Chamber.

Exotic HCs are arguably the best PvP exotics but definitely some of the worst for PvE. There's no serious pve activity that would benefit more from an exotic HC than the usual suspects. But they are fun as shit so use them for everything non-serious.

I actually have a Timur's Lash with luck in the chamber and it most definitely can kill in two headshots.

Even with luck in the chamber if a lock or hunter spec in full recovery and agility, leaving armor very low, it can two headshot kill.

hydruxo

Thanks Hydruxo for Nightfall, I didn't do jack. Got 10 coins :/

Thanks for joining dude, sorry the rewards weren't better lol.

Valus was taking me forever because of those damn phalanx majors with Angry modifier on haha. I got The Chance for like the 3rd time.

I'm having a right shitty day at work and really can't wait to get home and unwind with some super stressful Nightfall, complete without burn, and then run Crota's End. The work day can't end fast enough.

Thanks for joining dude, sorry the rewards weren't better lol.

Valus was taking me forever because of those damn phalanx majors with Angry modifier on haha. I got The Chance for like the 3rd time.

Np, I don't think that strike is possible straight up. Got 1 shot several times.

Mrgamer

Need help gaf,have 3 warlocks and love all of them but they don't quite cut it in crucible.
Is it a good idea to delete one of them and go for it or should i make a titan?

WELP!

Cruxist

Need help gaf,have 3 warlocks and love all of them but they don't quite cut it in crucible.
Is it a good idea to delete one of them and go for it or should i make a titan?

WELP!

I'm a big fan of hunters in the crucible. Their supers are really really good against other players. They're a little squishy, but the movement speed and ability to adjust jumps and such more than makes up for it.

Mrgamer

I'm a big fan of hunters in the crucible. Their supers are really really good against other players. They're a little squishy, but the movement speed and ability to adjust jumps and such more than makes up for it.

The squishy part worries me lol.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Im not sure why nightfall always insists on giving me an FWC weapon. I have every variation of the culling, the craving, the cure the clamping the crossing the cramping. No mas pls.

Sullichin

Ok, liking Badger CCL in Crucible. It is basically Gheleons Demise with better stability. It's a good scout for hand cannon users. Headshots hit for 73 which is equivalent to TLW when its bonus precision damage doesn't proc. Nothing replaces the exotic HCs for me but this will be my new primary when I use Plan C from now on.

Jinjo

Two primaries so far from Nightfall. Dead Orbit handcannon and auto rifle. Would be happy with them if the perks weren't absolute shit.

Sullichin

The squishy part worries me lol.
Best PVP class. When I switch back to warlock and don't have trip mines, triple jump, chain of woe and throwing knives I play like shit for a couple of games. Thankfully warlock melee has ridiculous range so I still get some kills when I think I'm about to throw a knife.

I have two Warlocks (32 and 31, with the second one almost 32) and I am leveling up a TItan. I tried the Hunter, but it really wasn't for me. I would not dream of deleting either of my Warlocks. It's by far my favorite class to play and it's really nice having a back-up to use for those terrible RNG days. I actually made the second Warlock for VOG where after over 25 runs, the gauntlets for my main Warlock refused to drop. Due to the terrible RNG system, I needed a backup to get my main Warlock to 30.

Now CE is supposed to be better in that area, but I still kept my second Warlock around. It pretty much assured me that one of my Warlocks would be 32 by the time CE Hard Mode drops, and well, mission accomplished. if you play a ton, none of this probay matters as all of your 3 characters SHOULD be 32 by the time CE Hard Mode drops, but I do not play that much and didn't want to take the chance. Giving this RNG system, I'm keeping my 2 Warlocks.

If you have one 32 warlock that means you have two 32 warlocks cause you have the armor. All you have to do is swap

By the way, is there any background info on who exactly the "Nine" that Xur is an agent for are? Are they some mercenary organization operating on the fringes of Traveler space?

Maybe I should go check out his Grimoire card...

By the way, is there any background info on who exactly the "Nine" that Xur is an agent for are? Are they some mercenary organization operating on the fringes of Traveler space?

Maybe I should go check out his Grimoire card...
Why does he have tentacles in his face? Where does he disappear to during the week?

Don't question these things and don't go out of your way to find the answer.

joecanada

I got Red Hand from Nightfall like the second week of expansion and I really enjoy it. I have Outlaw as one of my perks and it makes popping heads fun. I really wish TLW had Outlaw as one of its perks...

Ya I found a red hand but all perks were reload, range, stability it was too good. Bought tfwpky but it's not the same. Not sure what perks red hand has from vendors though

Top Bottom