• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

todd360

I SHALL BE PRAISING THE MOTHERFUCKING SUN THANKS TO YOU, RAHOOL

2IuiPLW.jpg

Cømet

Banned
Hehe, rock that shit!

If the people in tonight's group are out there reading, ours is starting up in ~1.5 hours.

haha that's what we want! Always want to be more like you Hawkian, you're a cool guy.

Hmm, I'm tempted to bring my 27 Titan as it would be it's first VoG run. Though I have the weeklies scheduled to run with a couple others in 1.5 hours from now so I may not have time.

Go for it! Sure we can make it in that time. If not, feel free to jump out :)

gdt

Awesome run guys. Some dude got the red death. A very useful gun for the Crota fight if you don't have a Gjallarhorn.

My warlock has full raid gear and helmet so I was just looking for shards and an exotic.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cømet;146585480 said:
haha that's what we want! Always want to be more like you Hawkian, you're a cool guy.
:p now you're just mocking me!
OMG Free chest gone :( Noooo Fuckkkk fuckkk fuckk lol
What? Where is the exotic chest now?
First off, nothing has happened yet. This is the 13th.

The chest is still there, it can only contain radiant mats.

A loot drop has been added to the Deathsinger point, which can contain exotics. It's now one of the most valuable parts to complete, whereas it was being constantly and regularly skipped altogether.

Very good change.
"Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32."

Yooooooo
:D

Wish this was live already for our run tonight!

Basically they are ending all of the cheese of Crota's End, only radiants from the first chest and it's possible exotic contents are being moved to killing the deathsinger, added rewards is a great move imo,

still no date on the hard raid :(
I'm gonna max everything next week, cmon Bungie

Cømet;146584328 said:
Okay folks, looking for three more for Normal Vault of Glass Hawkian style! I'll take you through if you're new, if not still cool. Jump in and enjoy.

I'm up for it if you're still looking, but if any new runners want my spot that's no problem. PSN forza_aldi

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Ha, we talked on the podcast about how easy that would be to fix.

Nah, I like this- loot spot added to Deathsinger, that can include exotics. First check just mats. Fair trade.
Yeah, the changes are great. Wish they'd reveal when the hard raid goes live.

So the first chest is still there but will give radiant materials only.

Ir Yut now drops the possible exotic, along with armour, class items and radiant materials.

No more cheeseing the bridge or using the lamp to jump up.

Patch is coming this Tuesday. Rest squad lets get it done early per usual haha! Beat the patch!

Dave_6

Cømet;146585480 said:
Go for it! Sure we can make it in that time. If not, feel free to jump out :)

Ok, starting shortly? If I have to I'll just bail out around 8 CST if we're not done yet.

PSN is DaveS78

Cømet

Banned

A loot drop has been added to the Deathsinger point, which can contain exotics. It's now one of the most valuable parts to complete, whereas it was being constantly and regularly skipped altogether.

Very good change.

haha no really, total honesty! You're a huge asset to the community and the most level-headed guy in the thread.

I'm up for it if you're still looking, but if any new runners want my spot that's no problem. PSN forza_aldi

NP, shall pull you in bud.

Ok, starting shortly? If I have to I'll just bail out around 8 CST if we're not done yet.

PSN is DaveS78

Done!

Friends, Countrymen, Gaffers, lend me your ears.

For I am the Lorax. I speak for the cheese. I speak for the cheese, for the cheese has no voice. And I'm asking you all, at the top of my lungs - this hate! This horrible hate for the cheese! Why all this hate for this wonderful cheese?

The cheese isn't good, the cheese isn't bad, the cheese just wishes to lend all Its helping hand. Yet those here and those there, they scream out at the cheese! Wishing for it to be gone with the breeze. Open your eyes, O haters of cheese, for this docile creature only wishes good things for thee.

On a serious note. I've seen,heard,and played with those that decry the easy methods that present themselves in Destiny to make content quicker/easier. I am fine with these methods myself and am not entirely ashamed to admit I have been a cable puller on Crota. I say I am not entirely ashamed because 1.) some people will probably look on me with disgust and 2.) I don't feel like Destiny respects my time fully so t(o.ot) haters be damned! 3.) I am totally fine with doing it the legit way as long as it's not hour 2 and I keep hearing "This time guys....we got it this time for sure!". I sincerely hope that Bungie changes some key mechanics in this game such as the leveling system and the loot system. It's unreasonable to expect people to re-level gear and weapons every 3-6 months. I'm assuming what happened in the current "expansion"/dlc regarding that will continue on well past Comet, and if it does that is a terrible system which does not respect ones time. This also applies to the loot system. I've seen people say they have 2 characters at 32 already while some people can't get that one elusive piece of gear to even be able to get to 32. This happened to many with the #forever29 club, and now it seems #forever31 will happen. This could probably be remedied with a vendor or some such that takes tokens from the Raid as others have mentioned in the past. I say all this to reinforce the fact that Bungie/Destiny does not really seem to respect the time of players and that the cheesy breezy beautiful methods that make things easier in this game shouldn't be looked down on so much. I realize the Crota cable pull method is pretty bad, but when people get stuck on Crota for hours it's easy to see why some people do it. Then, with those terrible memories in hand, they continue to do it because they simply don't have the time to dick around all day trying to kill Crota. It's also easy to say something along the lines of "Well those people just need to have a good party/communication/should be part of a gaming community like this!" The majority of people who play this game probably don't know of communities like this and get stuck with LFG parties, and who the hell wouldn't want to pull the Crota cable in some of those parties?

Aside from that major cheese method even the minor ones garner some form of hate and they really shouldn't. Not unless Bungie starts to respect the time of the gamers and make doing everything the way it was intended to be played worth while.

Just my random thought for the day.

Sullichin

Very good change.

Oh I expected them to remove that chest altogether. It's just sitting right there. For how stingy this game is with everything, I'm surprised it can still spawn in the first spot and have mats.

They're good changes for making CE less of a joke, and expected, but nothing I'm actually happy about.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Alright, I like eeeeeverything listed for this upcoming patch, except this one:
Removed the physics impulse caused by exploding lanterns.
Always reminded me of an NES-era glitch, was fun. Ohhh well.

Everything else is really quite groovy.

Let the Crota cheese reckoning begin.

Also
Iron Banner will return, with updated rewards, running from January 13th through January 19th.
:D I'm so there.

vctor182

My first full Crota Raid, I normally only went to the first chest but I joined a party during a VoG and we were pretty good (got a VoC finally!). Got hunter raid legs and gauntlets, a second Suros and finally RNGesus blesses me with a good sniper, Black Hammer!

Frenden

Banned
The patch makes it harder for lone wolves who seldom get to raid to see real loot, but I can't argue that it isn't fair. It makes sense.

I am sad to see three easily solo-able rolls for an exotic disappear though.

All the changes to Crota's End are totally as expected.

Doesn't sound like soloing the bridge part will be possible anymore... although I think you can form the bridge by yourself? Didn't I see someone do that?

noomi

Ok, I'm actually really ok with this update.

I jumped to conclusions before reading through it all. Crota changes I am very pleased about, I actually like the bridge encounter and don't mind doing it. Sure it will take longer, but it's fun. Less cheese is good.

Yogurt dropping exotics is also a great addition. No more skipping that fight and getting Crota CP's lol. Whatever it's like a 3 min fight anyway.

Wish they had level 32 exotic weapons for VoG sooner but hey... Better late than never right?

Deku Tree

So every cheese in the whole CE raid is fixed?

Best news of the update:

Hopefully that means they are 331 attack...

So people will be able to take a shot at the first chest exotic on Tuesday morning before the patch hits? And then still have another chance at an exotic during the Deathsinger phase later after the patch?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
what does level 32 weapons mean? 331 damage?
Yes.
Oh I expected them to remove that chest altogether. It's just sitting right there. For how stingy this game is with everything, I'm surprised it can still spawn in the first spot and have mats.

They're good changes for making CE less of a joke, and expected, but nothing I'm actually happy about.
*shrug* I don't really accept your premises, but whatever. I guess for people that generally like the raid it's good stuff!
The patch makes it harder for lone wolves who seldom get to raid to see real loot, but I can't argue that it isn't fair. It makes sense.
Should still be rather practical to get the first "real" loot drop solo (from walking into the light), just not so instantaneous.
I am sad to see three rolls for an exotic disappear though.
Disappear? You won't be able to get the full raid done?
burning shrine in control and clash

2roh9QL.gif
That's the hidden gem in there.

Also I may reenter Control to see the hilarious clusterfuck that is The Anomaly with points.

Nuszka

God changes with the weekly update especially with vog exotic weapon drops, will be running hard from now on at least on two of my guardians. Just make the vog specific weapons with 331 attack and I am happy - wishful thinking, but it's always nice to dream.

noomi

So every cheese in the whole CE raid is fixed?

Best news of the update:

Hopefully that means they are 331 attack...

So people will be able to take a shot at the first chest exotic on Tuesday morning before the patch hits? And then still have another chance at an exotic during the Deathsinger phase later after the patch?

Probably not, I bet patch goes live at reset. This seems like a server side update rather than client, no new content just fixes.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
The exotics chest isn't gone. It just only gives out shards now. You'll need to kill Ir Yut for the exotic drop.

Frenden

Banned
Hawkian, they disappear for me. I never get on with a full group. I'm not against the patch, so don't read too far into my post!

Top Bottom