• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
anomaly is heavily segmented so it will be fine. cauldron and exodus blue are smaller maps and they manage to support control.

asylum has a giant open atrium in the middle of the map and only a few safe spawn hives on each side. it can probably play a hectic clash game, but control will be a disaster.
that's a reasonable point. I sort of thought of all the points in Anomaly being in view of the center chamber, but that was silly. Though I would mention that Control on Exodus Blue competes only with Control on Twilight Gap for my least favorite experience in the Crucible :p
I do like the raids a lot. They're good and obvious changes. I'm lightheartedly saying I'm "not happy about it" simply because the game was giving me free stuff and now it won't. I'm not saying they shouldn't have changed it. It's more like, aw shucks, there goes my 2 stupid free chances at a Gjhallarhorn at 4am every week. It was fun.
Ohh, I get you. My bad. Yeah, the exhilaration of grabbing some Shards or Energy solo won't be so palpable. Though I'm one of the people who got a pile of energy and 2 shards, total, from that chest thus far, so it stings a bit less I suppose XD
I've been saving my Motes of Light incase I can nab me a 331 Timur's Lash. Lets do this
eCMUWPP.jpg
I want it. I need it.
All good things in my opinion though Deathsinger should've loot drop from the start since VoG has four loot drop while Crota's End has 3 at the moment.
Yeah, it's equivalent to the Gatekeeper checkpoint in pacing terms. Though now it'll have better potential loot!
Second chest should be the one with possible exotic drop though.
Please no. I seem to suck quite a lot at acquiring the contents of that chest.

Deku Tree

Deleting warlock alt now.
About to create a titan.
Then I'll have all three.

It's a lot of work getting all your valuable junk off of one character. I switched three times already...

So people will be able to take a shot at the first chest exotic on Tuesday morning before the patch hits? And then still have another chance at an exotic during the Deathsinger phase later after the patch?

Bringing this up on new page, could be a double exotic chance next week, defo will be trying

hydruxo

Alright so we've got 4 in here for Flawless vog, just need 2 more. Anybody else from the list able to make it? If not, any other two who want to come are more than welcome

Sullichin

All good things in my opinion though Deathsinger should've loot drop from the start since VoG has four loot drop while Crota's End has 3 at the moment.

Second chest should be the one with possible exotic drop though.

Some people in my group ruined our chance at this checkpoint with one character this week. They didn't mean to at all, and it's no big deal. I've messed it up for myself before too. But it would be more annoying if my exotic shot was lost without begging for a checkpoint.

Putting it behind the Deathsinger checkpoint makes sense. I thought it was bizarre how that gives you nothing.

Tawpgun

Any tears yet from the cheese fixes?

That's like one of the best things about the Destiny community. The exploits get fixed and some people cry about it while trying to learn how to do it legit.

darthbob

Thanks for once again fixing issues that you deemed to be issues Bungie and not actually fixing any of the other FUCKING glitches.

I mean for fucks sake how long has the heavy ammo respawn glitch been a thing?

that's a reasonable point. I sort of thought of all the points in Anomaly being in view of the center chamber, but that was silly. Though I would mention that Control on Exodus Blue competes only with Control on Twilight Gap for my least favorite experience in the Crucible :p

i'm not a fan of exodus blue either, but it's segmented enough to let me move around freely and watch the major lanes somewhat safely.

i just don't see where 6 players would spawn on asylum, let alone the points for control. Even salvage was pushing that map considering how linear it is.

guess we'll have to wait and see. it can't be worse than twilight gap.

Any tears yet from the cheese fixes?

That's like one of the best things about the Destiny community. The exploits get fixed and some people cry about it while trying to learn how to do it legit.

It would be nice if they finally fixed major issues that effect day to day gameplay like the vault space and the heavy ammo issues first.

noomi

I love this weekly update! I can see my Up For Anything right there, now I have more chances to get my warlock chest. Bungie <3

Same here, really good stuff there. Hoping its live after reset so we can indulge first thing next Tuesday :D

Namikaze1

Some people in my group ruined our chance at this checkpoint with one character this week. They didn't mean to at all, and it's no big deal. I've messed it up for myself before too. But it would be more annoying if my exotic shot was lost without begging for a checkpoint.

Putting it behind the Deathsinger checkpoint makes sense. I thought it was bizarre how that gives you nothing.
The thing is, the second chest requires a bit of teamwork and luck to get unlike the first chest which is stuck behind rng.

I'm wondering if they'll stick the raid class items to a chest or to Ir Yut. The VoG's class items are chest drops and they said in the update the pit chest will only give radiant mats.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Thanks for once again fixing issues that you deemed to be issues Bungie and not actually fixing any of the other FUCKING glitches.

A lot longer than we expected or prefer. As I understand it, the heavy ammo bug is a particularly nasty little creature that could have serious impacts to some broader systems if fixed carelessly.

It is on the list, but I don't have an ETA. None of that makes it any less irritating, but that's the context.

hydruxo

The thing is, the second chest requires a bit of teamwork and luck to get unlike the first chest which is stuck behind rng.

I'm wondering if they'll stick the raid class items to a chest or to Ir Yut. The VoG's class items are chest drops and they said in the update the pit chest will only give radiant mats.

They should've made the second chest have a chance for exotics and just have Ir Yut drop armor and mats.

GhaleonEB

Last update on the Queen's Wrath was it was going back to the shop for work. It...must have needed a lot of work. That or they killed it dead. The PvP event keeps coming back, but not the PvE.

As a non-raider the update was filled with sadness. Nothing to look forward to.

Deku Tree

A lot longer than we expected or prefer. As I understand it, the heavy ammo bug is a particularly nasty little creature that could have serious impacts to some broader systems if fixed carelessly.

It is on the list, but I don't have an ETA. None of that makes it any less irritating, but that's the context.

Best update in months! Thanks for the clarification.. I assumed something like that must be going on.

Last update on the Queen's Wrath was it was going back to the shop for work. It...must have needed a lot of work. That or the killed it dead.

As a non-raider the update was filled with sadness. Nothing to look forward to.

Don't expect it until maybe late February as a lead-in for House of Wolves. That's where my bet is at if it isn't straight up incorporated into the DLC.

darthbob

I hope you understand my frustration here when I see issues like cheeses getting fixed before other (more pertinent IMO) issues get resolved.

Appreciate the response.

Cool to know it's being worked on at least.

Sullichin

Ohh, I get you. My bad. Yeah, the exhilaration of grabbing some Shards or Energy solo won't be so palpable. Though I'm one of the people who got a pile of energy and 2 shards, total, from that chest thus far, so it stings a bit less I suppose XD

I want it. I need it.

Yeah, it's equivalent to the Gatekeeper checkpoint in pacing terms. Though now it'll have better potential loot!

Please no. I seem to suck quite a lot at acquiring the contents of that chest.

Oh it never gave me Gjhallarhorn. It gave me Dragon's Breath which is an exquisite troll, and one week Hawkmoon, which I already have but was once my most coveted weapon so I will always consider that an incredible drop. So yeah, it enticed me with the yellow boxes... but I mostly got shards and energy and my fly cape.

cheese fixes are welcome and necessary, especially when centered around the end-game content (so long as they don't introduce a bunch of annoying bugs, but that's never intentional of course).

any exotics on that list? The Last Word and Pocket Infinity are still bugged :(

Trakan

Or the sword disappearing during the Crota fight.

EL CUCO

Plz fix the game cheesing us ;)

Great update, btw.

Namikaze1

They should've made the second chest have a chance for exotics and just have Ir Yut drop armor and mats.
That's exactly what I said in a previous post. You should've gotten loot drop from ir Yut from the beginning and second chest definitely should've been the exotic chest from the start.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
I hope you understand my frustration here when I see issues like cheeses getting fixed before other (more pertinent IMO) issues get resolved.

Appreciate the response.

I do. My Deathsinger's Herald has the Heavy perk.

Top Bottom