• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

EL CUCO

So every cheese in the whole CE raid is fixed?

Best news of the update:

"Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32."

Hopefully that means they are 331 attack...

So people will be able to take a shot at the first chest exotic on Tuesday morning before the patch hits? And then still have another chance at an exotic during the Deathsinger phase later after the patch?

Looks like it's time to finally meet the "Deathsinger". I hope she likes me...
giphy.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok, I'm actually really ok with this update.

I jumped to conclusions before reading through it all. Crota changes I am very pleased about, I actually like the bridge encounter and don't mind doing it. Sure it will take longer, but it's fun. Less cheese is good.
It really doesn't take longer, or barely I guess. I've done it with two groups getting all six across on our first try now, it's quick and fun as hell, IMO.
Yogurt dropping exotics is also a great addition. No more skipping that fight and getting Crota CP's lol. Whatever it's like a 3 min fight anyway.
Yeah, again, very quick in practice, and now any groups I find myself in won't exude so much torpor about doing it. I'm psyched.
Wish they had level 32 exotic weapons for VoG sooner but hey... Better late than never right?
haha true enough.
So does the Vex drop at 331 based on the changes to the exotics in VoG?
Now that's a damn reasonable question, hrm.

zewone

So every cheese in the whole CE raid is fixed?

Best news of the update:

"Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32."

Hopefully that means they are 331 attack...

So people will be able to take a shot at the first chest exotic on Tuesday morning before the patch hits? And then still have another chance at an exotic during the Deathsinger phase later after the patch?
You can still cheese/solo the first part, you just can't take the shortcut.

This is the best update in months. Keep urk around.

Gorgon chest now the most sought after checkpoint starting next week. At least it gives people more incentive to kill Atheon.

panda-zebra

so much cheese off the menu, really does seem like hard mods is going to be sooner rather than later.

note to self: make sure to do the twin swords at least once before it's gone.

todd360

The exotics chest isn't gone. It just only gives out shards now. You'll need to kill Ir Yut for the exotic drop.

There were exotics in that chest? I only got no land beyond.

oooooohhhhhhhh burrrrrnnnnnnnnn. Seriously though I have the worst luck.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm trying to get a group together tonight for a Flawless VoG run if anybody is down. I'm thinking around 8 PM EST? We can change the time a bit if need be.
This is who I've got down in order of who responded:
1) hydruxo (PSN: hydruxxo) - Hunter
2) Kill_deaf_radio (maybe?)
3) Ethomaz
4) Coolasj19
5) slenderbeans (maybe?)
6) ArkkAngel007
Alts if slender, killdeafradio, or anyone else can't come:
1) xplicitone
2) david___
3) qwell
Christs! The alts have alts. I'm going to be 5 minutes late but I'll be all ready to go since the PS4 is turned on already and everything. I also have a buddy who'd like to tag but I'll just leave that as a probably not.

If it wasn't made clear my PSN is Coolasj19.

About the Deathsinger part: Why did they EVEN think not making her drop loot would be a good idea? Do they have no clue how to design their game? I know it's getting fixed but why did they make it like that in the first place?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't think anybody actually did this yet

Live on the 13th (Tuesday):
Crota’s End – Updates
The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials.
The Pit treasure chest will now contain Radiant Materials.

Pit Encounter
Removed the physics impulse caused by exploding lanterns.

Bridge Encounter
Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter.
Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword.

Deathsinger Encounter
Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger.

Crota Encounter
Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter.
Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits.
Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability.
Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active.

Vault of Glass – Updates
Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.

Getting Swole in the Crucible
The Raid crew wasn’t the only team readying tweaks heading into and out of the holiday season. Our Crucible designers have a few things in the works to add some spice to the early goings of 2015.

Asylum, The Anomaly, and The Burning Shrine maps will be added to existing Clash and Control playlist rotation.
Iron Banner will return, with updated rewards, running from January 13th through January 19th.

gdt

Also the way they describe hard mode it seems like there will be major changes afoot. Hard VoG isn't all that different from normal really...

hydruxo

Who from this list is ready to go in a few min?

3) Ethomaz
4) Coolasj19
5) slenderbeans (maybe?)
6) ArkkAngel007

1) xplicitone
2) david___
3) qwell

Edit: okay sending you a friend request coolasj

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the only bad change in that list is asylum in control.

asylum is too fucking small
You think Asylum is too small and you give the A-OK to The Anomaly? o___O

Both are though, of course.

Clash on Asylum, though, we'll see. I reserve judgment.

realcZk

Anyone need 2nd crota chest up to crota? Then maybe a couple crota kills after that if you want to stick around.

1. Bytestyle
2. GKW212
3. Tigerheli
4. Phantom8324

2 more spots !

All reasonable changes, except maybe for the bridge to be entirely constructed as that could easily turn into an instant kill even if the bridge deconstructs at the last second and can be salvaged by clearing the gap with a quick jump. Hopefully I'm completely misreading that.

Really glad that Ir Yut gets a loot roll now.

^I'm set Hydruxo. Just moving some stuff to my 17 Titan from the vault and I'll switch to my 31 Hunter.

CougRon

Any Xbox oneers want to do a fresh VOG. Normal then Hard?

Im running low on shards and energies. I get home in 38 min.

Haven't done the VoG this week yet, would love some shards and energies. Won't be home for at least a couple hours though and had been planing on doing a full load of bounties first too. Fair warning: I have never been on a team that was able to finish the Raid on hard. I wouldn't necessarily be the one who died but I seem to be bad luck or something.

Did Crota for the first time this week and it was buttery smooth and quick, I was surprised--it only took a couple hours. And no cheese but read a bunch on the raid over the last few weeks so I knew what to expect and during the game had several tips from veterans on what to do and when to shoot and non-shoot. Plus didn't hurt we were all 31's

You think Asylum is too small and you give the A-OK to The Anomaly? o___O

Both are though, of course.

Clash on Asylum, though, we'll see. I reserve judgment.

anomaly is heavily segmented so it will be fine. cauldron and exodus blue are smaller maps and they manage to support control.

asylum has a giant open atrium in the middle of the map and only a few safe spawn hives on each side. it can probably play a hectic clash game, but control will be a disaster.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Friends, Countrymen, Gaffers, lend me your ears.

For I am the Lorax. I speak for the cheese. I speak for the cheese, for the cheese has no voice. And I'm asking you all, at the top of my lungs - this hate! This horrible hate for the cheese! Why all this hate for this wonderful cheese?

The cheese isn't good, the cheese isn't bad, the cheese just wishes to lend all Its helping hand. Yet those here and those there, they scream out at the cheese! Wishing for it to be gone with the breeze. Open your eyes, O haters of cheese, for this docile creature only wishes good things for thee.

On a serious note. I've seen,heard,and played with those that decry the easy methods that present themselves in Destiny to make content quicker/easier. I am fine with these methods myself and am not entirely ashamed to admit I have been a cable puller on Crota. I say I am not entirely ashamed because 1.) some people will probably look on me with disgust and 2.) I don't feel like Destiny respects my time fully so t(o.ot) haters be damned! 3.) I am totally fine with doing it the legit way as long as it's not hour 2 and I keep hearing "This time guys....we got it this time for sure!". I sincerely hope that Bungie changes some key mechanics in this game such as the leveling system and the loot system. It's unreasonable to expect people to re-level gear and weapons every 3-6 months. I'm assuming what happened in the current "expansion"/dlc regarding that will continue on well past Comet, and if it does that is a terrible system which does not respect ones time. This also applies to the loot system. I've seen people say they have 2 characters at 32 already while some people can't get that one elusive piece of gear to even be able to get to 32. This happened to many with the #forever29 club, and now it seems #forever31 will happen. This could probably be remedied with a vendor or some such that takes tokens from the Raid as others have mentioned in the past. I say all this to reinforce the fact that Bungie/Destiny does not really seem to respect the time of players and that the cheesy breezy beautiful methods that make things easier in this game shouldn't be looked down on so much. I realize the Crota cable pull method is pretty bad, but when people get stuck on Crota for hours it's easy to see why some people do it. Then, with those terrible memories in hand, they continue to do it because they simply don't have the time to dick around all day trying to kill Crota. It's also easy to say something along the lines of "Well those people just need to have a good party/communication/should be part of a gaming community like this!" The majority of people who play this game probably don't know of communities like this and get stuck with LFG parties, and who the hell wouldn't want to pull the Crota cable in some of those parties?

Aside from that major cheese method even the minor ones garner some form of hate and they really shouldn't. Not unless Bungie starts to respect the time of the gamers and make doing everything the way it was intended to be played worth while.

Just my random thought for the day.

It's a loot driven grind based on RNG. If you don't feel the game "respects your time," then why continue playing? I understand some cheese, but the cable pull bullshit is ridiculous. Why even play at that point? The Crota encounter, hell the whole raid isn't even that difficult.

If the Vex does drop at 331 now I will be so sad after waiting so long.

If it does I hope they patch it for everyone or have a Xur upgrade.

Who from this list is ready to go in a few min?

3) Ethomaz
4) Coolasj19
5) slenderbeans (maybe?)
6) ArkkAngel007

1) xplicitone
2) david___
3) qwell

Edit: okay sending you a friend request coolasj

I'm ready, just lemme finish this Crucible match.

If the Vex does drop at 331 now I will be so sad after waiting so long.

If it does I hope they patch it for everyone or have a Xur upgrade.

Wait, did you finally get a Vex drop?

I'm not sure if that means 331 for it, though it would be nice to have the extra boost. It being Bungie, it's probably just for the general exotics.

CLBridges

Anyone need 2nd crota chest up to crota? Then maybe a couple crota kills after that if you want to stick around.

1. Bytestyle
2. GKW212
3. Tigerheli
4. Phantom8324

2 more spots !

I wouldn't mind getting a run in, if spot still open...PSN: GhostFaceDon

Sullichin

Yes.

*shrug* I don't really accept your premises, but whatever. I guess for people that generally like the raid it's good stuff!

Should still be rather practical to get the first "real" loot drop solo (from walking into the light), just not so instantaneous.

Disappear? You won't be able to get the full raid done?

That's the hidden gem in there.

Also I may reenter Control to see the hilarious clusterfuck that is The Anomaly with points.

I do like the raids a lot. They're good and obvious changes. I'm lightheartedly saying I'm "not happy about it" simply because the game was giving me free stuff and now it won't. I'm not saying they shouldn't have changed it. It's more like, aw shucks, there goes my 2 stupid free chances at a Gjhallarhorn at 4am every week. It was fun.

Mindlog

Very happy with the changes. Sounds like the good old fashioned slugfest solo will still be possible.
Deathsinger Encounter

Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger.
Knew I wasn't crazy. I've had this happen twice and once it killed a flawless run for me.
Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active.
Again. Happy we weren't going crazy.

I'll be swinging by VoG again.
Time for level 32 Mythoclasts. Yes, I know.

Namikaze1

Don't think anybody actually did this yet

Live on the 13th (Tuesday):
All good things in my opinion though Deathsinger should've loot drop from the start since VoG has four loot drop while Crota's End has 3 at the moment.

Second chest should be the one with possible exotic drop though.

Messiek

I love this weekly update! I can see my Up For Anything right there, now I have more chances to get my warlock chest. Bungie <3

Top Bottom