• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Jinjo

Dragons Breath is no GH but it's kicking ass more than I ever remember Truth or my legendary launchers doing. Dead-on shots in the middle of a group make a HUGE blast radius.

Not sure it even really needs tracking, I think it can have its place as a very powerful "dumb" launcher. It would be nice if it had 3 rockets without Tripod like Truth, though. Make the initial explosion even stronger and make the Solar flare last longer / do more DOT.

Explode when within proximity would have been perfect for Dragon's Breath.

Bit weird indeed that Truth just gets a free Tripod and they don't gove Dragon's Breath an extra feature to bring it up to par.

*HATES ON YOU SO HARD...

I am still waiting on my Monte Carlo though :(

Also, I've never gotten an Universal Remote lol.

Namikaze1

I have/had (yes I dismantled a few hawkmoons) three of each at one point in time.

Let the hate flow through you.
You still need to dismantle 2 more to get on my level. The Hawkless still weep at night over the atrocities I had committed.

coy

I'm now just catching up to the last OT and saw the 2 Sword kill. That is hilarious! Now to go find Xur.

I usually forget that the Gaming section exists until someone else mentions it... don't even read the front page anymore.

(1) Are there honestly zero people here with the normal Gorgons or GKeepers CP? Do people need to get back on the farm before Xur leaves?

(2) Anybody want to get a group of Lv32s and try flawless CE?

(3) Reposting for the new OT, in honor of its losing title shot:

2 Swords, 1 Crota: http://youtu.be/LzT93dobIU0

Yeah me.

No ghorn
No Hawkmoon
No thunderlord

I have every other exotic in the game now too.

Maybe swap TLord for IceB but that is about the worst possible list of "only missing 3 exotics..."

hydruxo

Explode when within proximity would have been perfect for Dragon's Breath.

Bit weird indeed that Truth just gets a free Tripod and they don't gove Dragon's Breath an extra feature to bring it up to par.

That's a good point. I feel like all exotic RLs should just come with 3 shells from default, they shouldn't have to use a perk for it.

Born2Live

Wow I've put 20 days worth of time into this game and still no Icebreaker, I have Hawkmoon and Gjallarhorn so it isn't all bad.

I think it's time I go for that Flawless Raider trophy, once I've got it I can get my first ever Platinum trophy.

Dave_6

Yeah me.

No ghorn
No Hawkmoon
No thunderlord

I have every other exotic in the game now too.

IIRC the only ones of the original group I don't have are the Hypehorn, Red Death and Thunderlord. Of the new, Dragon's Breath (may buy tonight) and the Four Horseman.

deafmedal

I am down, looking for that foil still.

I'm never getting the Foil, but Atheon decided I deserved another Icebreaker. Guess I'll save it for the final final final final final DLC :(

I can join on my Hunter after I switch some things around.

PSN: phantom8324

I also have a Crota checkpoint if you wanted to start there and then do the first 2 parts.

Ok! That's 4, need 2 more :)

Jinjo

You still need to dismantle 2 more to get on my level. The Hawkless still weep at night over the atrocities I had committed.

Nami, destroyer of Hawkmoons.

That's a good point. I feel like all exotic RLs should just come with 3 shells from default, they shouldn't have to use a perk for it.

Gjallarhorn with three rocket clip *drool*

I agree though, except for Gjallarhorn offcourse. That gun is the embodiment all exotics should strive to be. Icebreaker has that status too.

Sergoes

Anyone have any opinions on Dragon's Breath? How does it stack up against other exotic rocket launchers? Looks tempting

I bought Dragons Breath just to have but in all honesty when you have Gjallahorn, there's simply no point in the thing. And I know that could be also said for most things but it still just feels redundant, especially as it's solar too.

Was excited to play Destiny for the new years... had New Years eve and day off... get home on Tuesday to find my house ransacked and my tv and all consoles gone...

*sad face*

I guess I will be back to the grind once insurance covers the cost of replacements.

So with that, all of you poor saps have to play extra hard for me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Glimmer farming anyone? Would need Gatekeeper checkpoint though.

I have been fortunate enough to get the Horn on my very first raid and Thunderlord on my very first Nightfall. One has carried through PVE and the other PVP.

Jinjo

I keep going back and forth between Flared Magwell and Perfect Balance on my Black Hammer. I just can't make up my mind. Perfect Balance is great for follow up precision shots, but the stability on the gun isn't that bad to begin with. Flared Magwell just has great utility with the low mag size.

Namikaze1

Alright, I have a Crota checkpoint. I need to kill him now cause I'll be busy with work later. Though I'm bringing my Vita to do bounties and missions.

Anyone wants to help out this Guardian in killing Crota?

Anyone have any opinions on Dragon's Breath? How does it stack up against other exotic rocket launchers? Looks tempting

It doesn't have tracking but the solar flare is interesting and I'm hoping they buff it.

Right now Truth and Gjallarhorn are much better. Even Hunger of Crota, a legendary, is better.

Cruxist

Do we have any timeline for Crota HM? I'd really like it to be next week, but I feel like we'll have at least one Bungie Weekly update beforehand.

Hopefully 'Forge of Gods' is Cabal DLC. Maybe it's just me but I feel like a Cabal themed raid would be dope.

I can picture one of the raid sections now. Cabal jumping everywhere. You must overcome the aim assist and kill them all.

I keep going back and forth between Flared Magwell and Perfect Balance on my Black Hammer. I just can't make up my mind. Perfect Balance is great for follow up precision shots, but the stability on the gun isn't that bad to begin with. Flared Magwell just has great utility with the low mag size.

Perfect Balance is better since it reduces flinch when shot. Very useful. When I do have to reload I just do the sprint cancel.

Was excited to play Destiny for the new years... had New Years eve and day off... get home on Tuesday to find my house ransacked and my tv and all consoles gone...

*sad face*

I guess I will be back to the grind once insurance covers the cost of replacements.

So with that, all of you poor saps have to play extra hard for me.

Duuuuuuude

I'm sorry to hear that :(

You should call Sony/MS if you had automatic log in. Reset passwords etc

Mattiator

I usually forget that the Gaming section exists until someone else mentions it... don't even read the front page anymore.

(1) Are there honestly zero people here with the normal Gorgons or GKeepers CP? Do people need to get back on the farm before Xur leaves?

(2) Anybody want to get a group of Lv32s and try flawless CE?

(3) Reposting for the new OT, in honor of its losing title shot:

2 Swords, 1 Crota: http://youtu.be/LzT93dobIU0

Maybe swap TLord for IceB but that is about the worst possible list of "only missing 3 exotics..."

Wait what that's awesome how does the 2 Swords 1 Crota work??

Do we have any timeline for Crota HM? I'd really like it to be next week, but I feel like we'll have at least one Bungie Weekly update beforehand.

No way it is next week. They haven't been in the office for 2 weeks. No update this week. Not even that Christmas package.

Sergoes

It's average.

I had a feeling that was that was the case =/

It doesn't have tracking but the solar flare is interesting and I'm hoping they buff it.

Right now Truth and Gjallarhorn are much better. Even Hunger of Crota, a legendary, is better.

Yea the solar flare is was piqued my interest a bit, but if the damage isn't there, there isn't a huge point. Kind of a shame for a new expac exotic wep.

Sucks, if you need something to spend coins on, snag one. I have a feeling it will be buffed, cause now it the worst Exotic RL.

Jokingly said that this week was the week I was going to get Gjallarhorn finally, but in reality I had given up all hope.

Went to grab the first chest from Crota's End solo on my Titan, BOOM. Gjallarhorn. I almost shit my pants I was so surprised.

Mattiator

You run down and kill the swordbearer as quickly as possible. Another will spawn from the door.

Awesome thanks for the response :)
One piece of armor for all of the classes to be 32 so I hope lady luck is on my side this reset! Would love to give it a shot.

How much hate is pumping though those threads?

I've been posting this a lot in the other threads:

I love all the people in this thread doing the math on total cost of all the DLC but then no one bothers to factor in that this is all taking place over 2 full years.

So when you add up your $200ish number, why don't you go ahead and divide that out a bit?

paying $100 a year isn't that much, it's a game and a half.

Hell, if I wanted to think about it like an MMO I'm paying $8.33 a month. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

See dis?

No one seems to respond when I do so. >.>

Top Bottom