• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

bucyou55

Banned
So whats the consensus on the 2nd best RL?

I'd say hunger of crota, I also have truth and dragons breath and keep going back to maxed crota w/ that cluster bomb

Namikaze1

I have Crota checkpoint. I need to beat his ass quick since I have to work and I probably won't have time over the weekend to do so.

Anyone care to help?

xCobalt

How are the MK 44 Stand Asides? Thinking of getting it because its the only item I need to reach level 32. Haven't been able to get raid boots.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Many people from the OT have been in there spanking them. It is great.

Hawkian phalanxed meleed them to Phobos
I can't muster a fractional fuck with regard to people talking shit about the game, and hell a lot of those comments are even deserved criticism. But posts that go after the community really get to me. I've been a part of a lot of gaming communities and I've never seen anything like this; it's incredible that it hasn't imploded alone, but it's also legitimately a really solid and helpful and enormous group. It sucks to see that hand-waved even without taking it personally.

I usually forget that the Gaming section exists until someone else mentions it... don't even read the front page anymore.

(1) Are there honestly zero people here with the normal Gorgons or GKeepers CP? Do people need to get back on the farm before Xur leaves?
I should have swapped to nab it on another character last night.

Ha. do we want to put together a speedrun up to the Gatekeeper on normal to start spreading the glimmer around?

How are the MK 44 Stand Asides? Thinking of getting it because its the only item I need to reach level 32. Haven't been able to get raid boots.

They're ugly as shit.

They match the Ruined wings I think.

I have no idea how much longer shoulder charge stays active though. Currently it's like a 4 second window, anyone know the exact number increase? If it only goes up to like 6 seconds, I'm going to say not worth it.

purg3

slept with Malkin

They seem like they would be okay for PVP, I don't think they are worth an exotic slot for PVE.

Alright, I have a Crota checkpoint. I need to kill him now cause I'll be busy with work later. Though I'm bringing my Vita to do bounties and missions.

Anyone wants to help out this Guardian in killing Crota?

Do you mind if I bring my 30 Warlock along?

I've soloed up to Deathsinger with her twice but she's never finished it.

coy

Was excited to play Destiny for the new years... had New Years eve and day off... get home on Tuesday to find my house ransacked and my tv and all consoles gone...

*sad face*

I guess I will be back to the grind once insurance covers the cost of replacements.

So with that, all of you poor saps have to play extra hard for me.
Damn this sucks. I hope you can recover from this. Glad to know you're okay and keep your spirits up.

Jokingly said that this week was the week I was going to get Gjallarhorn finally, but in reality I had given up all hope.

Went to grab the first chest from Crota's End solo on my Titan, BOOM. Gjallarhorn. I almost shit my pants I was so surprised.

Been jokingly saying it for weeks, chanting Gjallarhorn at the end of all nightfalls, before opening Raid chests, posting here (it worked once I swear) no dice. I kinda dont think it will happen, moving on.

Haybro

I have Crota checkpoint. I need to beat his ass quick since I have to work and I probably won't have time over the weekend to do so.

Anyone care to help?

Level 31 warlock with maxed ghorn and ib. Never finished crota before, but I should be able to hang just fine.

Rehsa

Got a legendary special engram from moon patrol, turned into Plan C :/ (already have one) guess I didn't pray hard enough for the Ice Breaker - free shard

I'm loving that new thread smell!

I went from 24 to 26 last night, and I guess I'm technically able to get carried through Vault of Glass now on normal. If that's not correct, then I'll keep grinding away at strikes until I hit 27.

I got my first exotic last night from an egram. It was the 331 version of Suros Regime. Is that any good? Is 331 the non-upgraded version? I also purchased my legendary gloves, and got Murmur from a quest line.

I still need to finish the Crota quest line later tonight, run my weekly, and then hopefully jump into my first VOG raid.

They're ugly as shit.

They match the Ruined wings I think.

I have no idea how much longer shoulder charge stays active though. Currently it's like a 4 second window, anyone know the exact number increase? If it only goes up to like 6 seconds, I'm going to say not worth it.
Forerunner in the previous thread had said that they add four seconds to the charge up time.

Was testing out shoulder charge to see how long it last. Without the boots its ~6 seconds, with them it's ~10 seconds. So it's a pretty decent jump, but it still feels meh for an exotic piece, plus they're ugly.

Saint 14 and Inmost Light still too good, also Ruin Wings.

phen0m24

I take my kids to the doctor and there's a new OT? And Nami is already off to the races? :p

And what's so funny about fig's title? ;) :p

hydruxo

I went from 24 to 26 last night, and I guess I'm technically able to get carried through Vault of Glass now on normal. If that's not correct, then I'll keep grinding away at strikes until I hit 27.

I got my first exotic last night from an egram (Suros Regime, any good?), and purchased my legendary gloves. I also got Murmur from a quest line, but I suppose everyone gets that one.

I still need to finish the Crota quest line later tonight, run my weekly, and then hopefully jump into my first VOG raid.

You can do VoG at 26 but 27 is ideal. You'll have a much easier time at 27 than 26 because enemies at the end of VoG are higher than 26.

gdt

I got my first exotic last night from an egram (Suros Regime, any good?), and purchased my legendary gloves. I also got Murmur from a quest line, but I suppose everyone gets that one.

Goddamit how the hell do I not have a Suros yet -_-

Yes it's good.

If you have enough strange coins go check out what Xur is selling. And I would advise you to get to 27 soon cause I know there are a few normal VOG runs going on this weekend, I know I'll do at least 1.

At 26 you'll probably die a lot in the last sections and not be able to really enjoy it IMO.

EL CUCO

Hi, Guys. I'm new to Destiny. What's the easiest way to go from 0 - Gjallarhorn?

I don't see it in the OP.

Exotic boots are definitely underwhelming compared to the other slots.

I think the Hunter boots with the extra jump are interesting, I would have loved for the Titan boots give us the Shoulder Charge ability, so that we can then grab the Shielded Charge ability on top of it. That would actually feel like an exotic.

gdt

Get them. You never know how RNG works. You might never see those raid boots. This might be a sign from RNG. He works in mysterious ways.

If you kill the Swordbearer immediately when you get to the middle, another Swordbearer will come out of the door he spawns from

Can the person who grabs the first sword chip in to destroy the 2nd Swordbearer that spawns? Or does the sword have a finite number of swings before it disappears or something?

todd360

I love how cool new stuff appears as soon as I decide to make the podcast happen. The dlc leak will definitely be the main topic of episode one.

traveler

Not Wario
So I've had the game for a while now but have never really participated in the group content. I joined with two friends but they quit shortly thereafter, and I think we only got in one weekly strike together. Outside that one strike, all I've seen of the group oriented game is solo'ing the first chest in Crota's End. Never seen VoG, CE proper, done a nightfall or even a second weekly for that matter.

Are there still gaffers running non-hard VoG, although I guess I could do hard at this point too. I don't know the mechanics in depth, but I'd like to try both it and CE the "legit" way as I got the game primarily for the raids. I have one level 30 titan, who's gotten there solely off vanguard/xur gear. I'm down for either of the raids, the weekly, or the nightfall today if you guys are comfortable with someone brand new to all the endgame activities.

Out 1

Got The Chance HC from the reputation package with the following roll: Outlaw, Armor Piercing/Magwell, Final Round. Should I buy the stock version which was the reason I was levelling FWC? I guess Outlaw + Magwell might make up for the lack of field scout.

Top Bottom