• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

gdt

So I've had the game for a while now but have never really participated in the group content. I joined with two friends but they quit shortly thereafter, and I think we only got in one weekly strike together. Outside that one strike, all I've seen of the group oriented game is solo'ing the first chest in Crota's End. Never seen VoG, CE proper, done a nightfall or even a second weekly for that matter.

Are there still gaffers running non-hard VoG, although I guess I could do hard at this point too. I don't know the mechanics in depth, but I'd like to try both it and CE the "legit" way as I got the game primarily for the raids. I have one level 30 titan, who's gotten there solely off vanguard/xur gear. I'm down for either of the raids, the weekly, or the nightfall today if you guys are comfortable with someone brand new to all the endgame activities.

Look at posters above you. I see a few people trying to do a fresh Crota run. Or make a list for a VOG run. Start a group yourself.

If you make it in number format it's easier for people to see.

Can the person who grabs the first sword chip in to destroy the 2nd Swordbearer that spawns? Or does the sword have a finite number of swings before it disappears or something?

Swords are time based. They start a countdown the moment they spawn (the moment the sword bearer dies). It's like 30 seconds or something. So use the time wisely.

Namikaze1

I love how cool new stuff appears as soon as I decide to make the podcast happen. The dlc leak will definitely be the main topic of episode one.
I have an idea for a segment:

Nami's Pit

Here, you just read short stories sent by listeners about all the insane things they did to get an armor or weapon. Named after the most insane Guardian known to GAF.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I've had the game for a while now but have never really participated in the group content. I joined with two friends but they quit shortly thereafter, and I think we only got in one weekly strike together. Outside that one strike, all I've seen of the group oriented game is solo'ing the first chest in Crota's End. Never seen VoG, CE proper, done a nightfall or even a second weekly for that matter.

Are there still gaffers running non-hard VoG, although I guess I could do hard at this point too. I don't know the mechanics in depth, but I'd like to try both it and CE the "legit" way as I got the game primarily for the raids. I have one level 30 titan, who's gotten there solely off vanguard/xur gear. I'm down for either of the raids, the weekly, or the nightfall today if you guys are comfortable with someone brand new to all the endgame activities.
If you're interested, on thursday nights EST (8:15) there are newbie raids for the VoG every week that I lead.

We do everything legit and explain all the mechanics before attempting anything. They're a lot of fun. I'm going to start providing this for CE shortly as well, I just don't know where in the week quite yet.

I'm sure you'll be able to get a group before then if you want one though, especially for Hard mode, though I would recommend normal a couple times to get the hang of the mechanics with more room for error.

If you'd like to run the Nightfall I'd be happy to make a group right now.

EL CUCO

Will be teabagging every chest from now on...Shit cant hurt and Ive tried all else for dat Hawkmoon...
Make sure to put some extra thrust into it and spin around some. You want to cover as much of the chest as possible with your goodness.

todd360

Nami's Pit

Here, you just read short stories sent by listeners about all the insane things they did to get an armor or weapon. Named after the most insane Guardian known to GAF.

Dear mythocast.

I grinded for days and im still grinding.

Sincerely,

SnakeEyes

GhaleonEB

If you're interested, on thursday nights EST (8:15) there are newbie raids for the VoG every week that I lead.

We do everything legit and explain all the mechanics before attempting anything. They're a lot of fun. I'm going to start providing this for CE shortly as well, I just don't know where in the week quite yet.

I'm sure you'll be able to get a group before then if you want one though, especially for Hard mode, though I would recommend normal a couple times to get the hang of the mechanics with more room for error.

Taking candidates yet for this week? I think that would be the best way for my daughter to do the raid for the first time. I can PM you her PSN.

Also, OT14. Holy crap!

Nami's Pit

Actually it should be a segment about how nami's friend gets everything and nami gets jack shit.

Ended by skydiving statistics.

traveler

Not Wario
Look at posters above you. I see a few people trying to do a fresh Crota run. Or make a list for a VOG run. Start a group yourself.

If you make it in number format it's easier for people to see.

Doh. Yeah, literally same page; no excuse.

Sure. My psn is Grayfour.

Edit: I guess this is the standard?

1. traveler (grayfour)
2. Hawkian
3. ???

Stayed up lat night, hoping for something good for Bungie to redeem themselves from last week's shit showing and yes, finally Xur has been redeemed.

Starfire Protocol!!!! bought it

and I also bought Dragon's Breath even though I have a fully upgraded Gjallalallhorn. I was swimming in coins

ooooh, I want to Nightfall!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Taking candidates yet for this week? I think that would be the best way for my daughter to do the raid for the first time. I can PM you her PSN.

Also, OT14. Holy crap!
Well sure! A pm with PSN would be perfect
Sure. My psn is Grayfour.
awesome, if you'd like a spot for the next Thursday newbie raid, just shoot me a quick PM when you get the chance. I usually don't do sign-ups until Tuesdays but you two can get slots reserved, I just don't wanna forget.

Edit: I guess this is the standard?

1. traveler (grayfour)
2. Hawkian
3. ???
Yup! Who's in for the Nightfall?

crap I gotta turn on my PSN now
ooooh, I want to Nightfall!
Let's do it! Whas your PSN?

EL CUCO

everything's always my fault

blame Nami
image.php

You all should pray for me. She's thinking of doing it on Valentine's Day. What a way to go out. A mere three weeks before my 22nd birthday.

You make it to 22 I will send you money via a wire transfer or paypal so you can buy yourself a drink...

Not just because your 22, but because you survived her mockery of your horrible loot luck and the skydiving incident as well.

Hey, anyone wanna bring a 31 Sunsinger to Crota's End this week end? (Saturday or Sunday)
I have never done it before, I have stubborn friends LOL

:)

Bogeypop

Think squidhands called it Rhad, why not join gigawatts here and hit 88 MPH? :)

I would if I just needed the Nightfall, but I gotta kill a bunch of Majors for my bounty, I'd rather someone who actually needs the Nightfall buff/drops to join in D:

Namikaze1

You make it to 22 I will send you money via a wire transfer or paypal so you can buy yourself a drink...

Not just because your 22, but because you survived her mockery of your horrible loot luck and the skydiving incident as well.
I think the tables have turn on the loot drop. I have 1 character who is 32, 1 who just needs shards for 32, and 1 that just needs shards, the gauntlets, and boots for 32. On top of that, I had 14 legendary engrams drop for me in the past 2 weeks. She has no 32 yet and no legendary engram drop for her during those two weeks.

My Destiny clan is basically falling apart due to people picking up other games over the break :( I'd love to find a new group of people to play with on a regular basis.

Would love a couple of Crota kills today, I know I just missed a group but anyone interested? Have a 31 Titan/31 Hunter both with Deathsinger CPs (would be happy to join a Crota CP as well of course).

I think the tables have turn on the loot drop. I have 1 character who is 32, 1 who just needs shards for 32, and 1 that just needs shards, the gauntlets, and boots for 32. On top of that, I had 14 legendary engrams drop for me in the past 2 weeks. She has no 32 yet and no legendary engram drop for her during those two weeks.

Ah, great luck! I hope it continues... I honestly felt frustration for you a while back when she got such great drops... and danced around mocking you. Sad times for all.

My Destiny clan is basically falling apart due to people picking up other games over the break :( I'd love to find a new group of people to play with on a regular basis.

Would love a couple of Crota kills today, I know I just missed a group but anyone interested? Have a 31 Titan/31 Hunter both with Deathsinger CPs (would be happy to join a Crota CP as well of course).

I'm ready to run the sword if you can get a group together.

lt519

I have a 31 Hunter that needs to do Crota kill, have the Crota CP as well. ps4 rarbusto, ready to go whenever

Xamdou

So how many Warlock exotic gloves are there, just sunbreakers and the akam one right? Trying to save on motes over here...

Top Bottom