• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Very confused, but I really hate fusion rifles too if that's what you're saying. Seems they are almost all OHK.

My friend got sniped on fire base Delphi with a fusion rifle from the top of C through the death window near B. That's stupid range. You have the discrepancy between primary weapons like AR's that take a long time kill and everything else in the game that is a one shot kill. It just makes it an unbalanced experience. I personally love using primaries but find myself having to use special weapons more often than I would like to.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep. Good to know CE can still be solo. Just that the bridge section is much harder. Flying sword trick is very timing based.

Somebody on their first raid attempt ever today got mythoclast in the group I was playing with. The people who have played it dozens of times and don't have it weren't too happy.

Izuna

Banned
Any the dot reset Xboners for Crota?
I'm LV32 Swordbearer and I want his ass.

My Resume also states that I have beaten Crota with a random LFG team first try twice (standing streak).

raindoc

Bah, Rad mats from Pub events is just a bug.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/554744122292961281

"If you have old public event postmaster packages, they will award radiant materials. New packages will properly award ascendant materials."

When I went to bed yesterday, Bungie had updated the game with what seemed to be a nice gesture (reducing one grind by inducing another) - earning praise by the community and starting a gold- radiant mats- activity-rush in the game.

today it's a fucking bug.

forrest

formerly nacire
It may be a "cheese", but is still quite challenging and only very skilled players will pull it off.

This is how I've been soloing the bridge. Was surprised more people were doing the sniping method. I found using the sword to fly across easier than jumping up to snipe.

Korosenai

Did the sword bridge as a group of 3. All we did was get me across with the sword, with me forming it and the other two on the totems, and then once I got across they just wiped so I could kill the ogres. Honestly, that's probably the easiest way to do it now.

Big shout out to the newest GAF Flawless Raid Team. Couple quick screens...

Team nervously waiting as Gutterboy braved the abyss alone.
rc353oi.jpg

Boom!!!
nHcoL2t.jpg

Victory Dance Party!!!
e64PqQG.jpg

Super happy
and super jealous

This OT and community is so great. One day it will be mine, one day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did the sword bridge as a group of 3. All we did was get me across with the sword, with me forming it and the other two on the totems, and then once I got across they just wiped so I could kill the ogres. Honestly, that's probably the easiest way to do it now.
it seems to be as I expected. the "legit" strategies I tried all seem to work from what i've heard- basically, the encounter is "get as many people to the other side as possible, then those who've made it hold out against the ogres." You can still "cheese" this (sort of) by having people die on purpose while those who've made it know for sure they can handle the adds. Wonder if you can still cheese it Sunsinger-style by having a Sunsinger revive after the ogres are up and then helping out.

Seems like the cheese where you could complete the encounter by having 0 players get to the other side has been successfully fixed. At least I haven't seen that occur. You can still despawn all the enemies, which makes soloing it much, much easier, but seems like it might complicate things for a group of 6, not sure what the deal is there exactly but the group I was listening in on was having issues with Gatekeepers and the Ogres spawning when like only 3/6 had made it across.

Omni

Apparently, it's still possible to fly across without forming the bridge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEsqAe8Eexk

Destiny |OT15| Who Moved My Cheese
Yeah I tested this out myself. Took a few attempts but I got it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bzrBT2-Uws

I'm confused as to how this even slips through, however. And you can still despawn all the enemies like you could with the Warlock revive glitch. Just that if you're not already over by the time Ogres spawn, you die.

Steroyd

Does anyone know how much XP is needed to upgrade an Exotic gun?

My Calming fusion went up to half leveled after turning in a full tray of bounties. My Suros moved like 2 bubbles haha

My guestimate is somewhere between 180k - 220k xp, I had 150k worth of bounties lined up to upgrade my Gjallahorn on the very day Xur sold the upgrade, 100k + Nightfall bonus (+20%) + telemetry upgraded my Ballerhorn to half of the first circle on the last row.

Hi lvl 30 hunter looking to do my first Vog or CE run.I've done up to deathsinger by way of cheese but that's it.

Can also help out if anyone needs help with weeklies.

Psn-Legendkilla3rd

Korosenai

it seems to be as I expected. the "legit" strategies I tried all seem to work from what i've heard- basically, the encounter is "get as many people to the other side as possible, then those who've made it hold out against the ogres." You can still "cheese" this (sort of) by having people die on purpose while those who've made it know for sure they can handle the adds. Wonder if you can still cheese it Sunsinger-style by having a Sunsinger revive after the ogres are up and then helping out.

Seems like the cheese where you could complete the encounter by having 0 players get to the other side has been successfully fixed. At least I haven't seen that occur. You can still despawn all the enemies, which makes soloing it much, much easier, but seems like it might complicate things for a group of 6, not sure what the deal is there exactly but the group I was listening in on was having issues with Gatekeepers and the Ogres spawning when like only 3/6 had made it across.
Which is why the other two guys wiped because we knew we couldn't get them across in time before the Ogres show up, since going in the back sword bearer room technically starts the encounter on the opposite side. It's best to just get 1 or 2 guys across, then wipe and let them handle it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hi lvl 30 hunter looking to do my first Vog or CE run.I've done up to deathsinger by way of cheese but that's it.

Can also help out if anyone needs help with weeklies.

Psn-Legendkilla3rd
there will be a lot more groups forming tomorrow. want to help out with just deathsinger and crota now?

Top Bottom