• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Which is why the other two guys wiped because we knew we couldn't get them across in time before the Ogres show up, since going in the back sword bearer room technically starts the encounter on the opposite side. It's best to just get 1 or 2 guys across, then wipe and let them handle it.
yeah, that explains it, and even the uneven numbers of gatekeepers. once the ogre spawn point is passed it probably doesn't keep spawning them.

so groups trying to do it legit in terms of getting all 6 across shouldn't despawn the enemies, but I guess if you're doing it legit you wouldn't do that anyway, lmao.

while they eventually may completely require a group with some other kind of check, I'm personally glad so many aspects of CE are soloable/doable with less than 6 if you have a degree of skill.

You still have a number of cheesy options now at the bridge, if you're finding it difficult, but it really doesn't take that long at all to do it legit and it's pretty fun. The main thing is that it's not possible to actually clear the encounter and trigger the loot/CP without a single person actually crossing the bridge, which is for the best.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
we need one more to finish off crota before the reset. at the boss right now

add me. ps4. DY_nastyIV

VoG hates me... 2 pairs of boots, a third Corrective Measure, and the sparrow on HM :(

Damn. And some guy posted 3 runs and got 3 Exotics. RNG ain't nothin new.

tumblr_neir8rNWdS1qzguoro1_500.png

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
CE Deathsinger and Crota

1. androo2300
2. Hawkian
3. FloroBear
4. Lupin

Hawkian you coming? Anybody else?

Mindlog

Which is why the other two guys wiped because we knew we couldn't get them across in time before the Ogres show up, since going in the back sword bearer room technically starts the encounter on the opposite side. It's best to just get 1 or 2 guys across, then wipe and let them handle it.
I'm lost. Why wipe? The hardest cheeses made it seem like the Ogres were on a spawn budget and not a strict timer. Any players left behind can get up on some cover and snipe like they did before. The only reason to put someone on the other side is to pass the totem proximity check.

IHaveIce

Banned
Anybody up for Raids later on XB1?
Add IHaveAnIce

Also up for Nightfall and Weekly heroic.

I hope it isn't the new Strike on Earth again.

Sullichin

Would gladly exchange it for Hawkmoon, I won't be able to use it anyway once primary is occupied by an exotic.

Btw anyone still has gorgon checkpoint for one last ditch attempt?
I second the request for gorgon checkpoint, I would be very grateful! If not I will try to get in a VOG group tomorrow

ocean

Banned
I'm 22 Radiant Shards away from level 32 on my Titan. Hopefully 3x Crota's End will get me there this reset because I really want Flawless and it seems CE is a lot easier than VoG for that. Titan and Warlock each got 2 Energy from Crota last week so I'm hoping they both get weapon drops this week, I need Black Hammer.

I'm 22 Radiant Shards away from level 32 on my Titan. Hopefully 3x Crota's End will get me there this reset because I really want Flawless and it seems CE is a lot easier than VoG for that. Titan and Warlock each got 2 Energy from Crota last week so I'm hoping they both get weapon drops this week, I need Black Hammer.

I'm in the same boat as you. About to hit 32 and looking to do CE to try and get Flawless Raider. Feel free to send me a friend request on PS4 - djblackice.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Another hard Templar clear and still no Fatebringer. Feels bad man.
That really sucks. When you had to leave at the templar earlier in the week, we picked up a replacement and I was able to get one. If you ever need help attempting to get one, let me know.

Top Bottom