• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

2real4tv

Thanks for the weekly help, Hawkian!

No thank to Rahool, though. That guy is a jackass.

Every time I walk towards him it looks like he doing this:

SnYtXcy.gif

M3Rocket

Would gladly exchange it for Hawkmoon, I won't be able to use it anyway once primary is occupied by an exotic.

Btw anyone still has gorgon checkpoint for one last ditch attempt?

I second the request for gorgon checkpoint, I would be very grateful! If not I will try to get in a VOG group tomorrow

I have it on my Titan. I can pass it along if you guys will let me go get my Warlock afterwards to save it for the reset. I still have to kill Atheon before reset on my Titan. Send me FR and say GAF if your PSN id isn't the same as here.

I have it on my Titan. I can pass it along if you guys will let me go get my Warlock afterwards to save it for the reset. I still have to kill Atheon before reset on my Titan. Send me FR and say GAF if your PSN id isn't the same as here.
We are gonna kill Atheon again, more than welcome to join us the second time

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that was great :D

really sorry we couldn't get the kill for you dy_nasty. I should be around to help out later in the week if you still need any for the new reset.

Korten

Banned
Anyone able to join me? I'm in the regular weekly, level 30 on PS4. I'm on the goliath tank and having issues.

PSN: Korten12.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wow, really sorry about bailing on you Hawkian.

Friend-girl showed up crazy early and I'm not the kind of guy to just ignore gratitude like that. :/

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
that was great :D

really sorry we couldn't get the kill for you dy_nasty. I should be around to help out later in the week if you still need any for the new reset.

I love it when a plan comes together :)

Congrats to Abylim on the hammer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, really sorry about bailing on you Hawkian.

Friend-girl showed up crazy early and I'm not the kind of guy to just ignore gratitude like that. :/
Oh man, no worries. I could tell it was time for you to bail out XD I was really hoping to get it down on one of those runs for you guys, but there's always next time

lupin23rd

I love it when a plan comes together :)

Congrats to Abylim on the hammer.

Awesome run, great to play with you guys. Now the wait for a friend to get home from work so we can hopefully do it again lol

I know we can get he first chest again now, is it just mats at this point?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awesome run, great to play with you guys. Now the wait for a friend to get home from work so we can hopefully do it again lol

I know we can get he first chest again now, is it just mats at this point?
yah, but those mats let me hit 32 tonight so nothing to scoff at lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh, Hawkian do you know the trick to hold up when doing R2 with the sword? (Interrupts the stand up frames so you can hack faster)
no o_O hold up on left analog? wild.

I want to try more schemes where you get to work the super into the mix. will be trying to get groups willing to try experimental trick stuff soon.

Navy Bean

Need a primary only playlist in PVP..

Suffering from PTSD from all those shotgun blasts to the face from a mile away.
I just played a decent stretch for the first time in awhile and, yeah, all shotguns and fusion rifles. The sliding dudes are a real treat. and what is up with the perma-shield Titan I see every few games? How is that possible?

lupin23rd

yah, but those mats let me hit 32 tonight so nothing to scoff at lol

Fair point lol

You just have the one raid group going right? Looking to join one of these weeks but the timing kids sucks as I'm pacific coast and work a bit late. Maybe take a maintenance day sometime to join haha

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fair point lol

You just have the one raid group going right? Looking to join one of these weeks but the timing kids sucks as I'm pacific coast and work a bit late. Maybe take a maintenance day sometime to join haha
just the one scheduled during the week. On weekends and mondays, I tend to do imprompt groups a lot

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
How many weeks has destiny been out?
Why haven't I gotten a mythoclast yet?

:'"'''''''((((((((

I can only shed so many tears!!!!

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I've done my short Destiny cleanse. It actually went a bit longer than a day but I'm itching to get back to it. Tomorrow. Then I'll get started on my Titan, then the missing Ghosts, then Salvage and then... I'll be a Guardian Lord too.
Congrats to the new flawless raiders. I've been saying since the first week CE was out that CE was the way to go for flawless, there's no comparison in terms of difficulty. Also, funny that the trophy percentage is up to 0.2% now, not surprising considering how flawless CE is practically a free giveaway (no disrespect to people who do it, I'm glad it's easy for lots of people to get the trophy).
The cheese fixes don't make much harder I wouldn't think. In my groups experience it was much easier to get someone to solo the first part. The rest of the encounter sans the bridge that I haven't done yet, is not the most stressful thing in the world either. Speaking of which, here's the video of my groups run.
The video isn't processed but goddamit I'm going to sleep. I have an interview tomorrow.
Ima do it legit. Either work hard or you might as well quit. I'll use my signature Can't Touch This Exotic Gloves. Maybe we rename them the Hammer Gloves.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
no o_O hold up on left analog? wild.

I want to try more schemes where you get to work the super into the mix. will be trying to get groups willing to try experimental trick stuff soon.

Yep. Just tested it again on the Earth mission. Still works.

Super is great. If you have a good amount of Intellect and you grab 1-2 super orbs someone produced before you jump up to Crota, by the time the team take down Crota the second time you should have Super. I usually do R2+R2+ super at that point. Although, I've never been able to test if it's that much better than R2x3

Pocket Infinity good for anything?

It's stupid good in Crucible but you can beast with most fusion rifles there. It's also pretty useful for fusion rifle related bounties and it's just fun to use. I prefer Plan C though.

Yeah, it's a fun gun in Crucible. Can be replaced with any fast firing fusion rifle though as the rapidfire does weaker damage than a single normal blast.

I use it to piss people off, but often replace the exotic slot with a main weapon instead.

coy

After countless kills, I finally got the last piece of armor from VoG. Of course, 2 dropped from Atheon so whatever. No matter as I'll forever cherish this Titan helm, looks be damned.

The cheese fixes don't make much harder I wouldn't think. In my groups experience it was much easier to get someone to solo the first part. The rest of the encounter sans the bridge that I haven't done yet, is not the most stressful thing in the world either.

Yeah, post-patch CE will still be extremely easy compared to VoG. There are a lot of safety strats for the first section to make it easy for a flawless group, and the bridge is very simple too as long as everyone is Lv31+. Good luck at your interview! (hopefully you're already asleep...)

Top Bottom