• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

coy

Obsidian Mind + Bad Juju is a thrill during bounties and strikes. Buy the helm if you can spare the coins. I'll pick up Glasshouse even with Saint-14 in my collection. I'm glad I have 3 Ice Breakers to save a few coins. Good showing from Xur this week and I'm quite happy for the folks waiting on IB.

IceB is awesome but not "more weapons than characters" awesome, haha.

Never know what he'll sell later, unless of course you have a huge stack of coins. I spent all mine last week on heavy synth, I've got 6 left now after buying the two helms.

Gotta save some for Heavy Synth. Plus, if Gjallarhorn comes, I am definitely buying 3. I don't care if I don't have a 3rd character, I want that virtual alt to be ready to rock.

Raybunny

Gotta save some for Heavy Synth. Plus, if Gjallarhorn comes, I am definitely buying 3. I don't care if I don't have a 3rd character, I want that virtual alt to be ready to rock.

One is good enough really. Specially since you need to swap weapons between characters. I was like that ( keeping 3 GHs and 3 IBs) before until I got bored and destroyed my spare duplicates.

Obsidian Mind + Bad Juju is a thrill during bounties and strikes. Buy the helm if you can spare the coins. I'll pick up Glasshouse even with Saint-14 in my collection. I'm glad I have 3 Ice Breakers to save a few coins. Good showing from Xur this week and I'm quite happy for the folks waiting on IB.

Some dude during an IB match this week was getting his Nova Bomb every 2 seconds it seemed with the ObM+BJj combo, definitely a potentially powerful mixture even with pulse rifles being what they are.

What if I don't have a 3rd alt?

Very tempting though. Even though I don't have a Titan, I have been collecting gear and would be able to have a fairly high level Titan out of the gate.

3x IB + Obsidan Mind is 64 coins. It will break the bank sitting at 75, but I don't know.

Did that make you feel inadequate or something? Your post wasn't up to snuff?

You can get a minimum of 18 a week, what else do you REALLY need from xur? Speaking as someone who has all exotics, minus the 4th horseman, IB is the most versatile and useful gun in the game and one of the small handful of guns that is truly exotic. I'm not the type to collect multiples of anything but pvp guns though, I think hezen vengeance and found verdict are the only ones I have 3x. Besides all that IB is a rarer gun in terms of RNG too, I've only ever had two drop.

Edit: maybe not the most versatile, but it's gotten me out of a pinch more times than I can count :p

Sweet. Going to get ice breaker on my 31 titan. Don't have one yet so even if I don't use it I would like it for collection purposes.

Hunter Helm for my 28 Hunter, bumps me up to 29 and should be able to max it out over the weekend getting me close to 30.

Hyun Sai

Yeah, don't listen anyone who calls Ice Breaker "rubbish" lol. Even without the regenerating ammo It's still the best Crowd Control Sniper with the Firefly like perk (don't even need headshot) and will always stay relevant unlike those legendaries.

I'll requote myself for new page.

To all new players who got the coins, buy 3 of them. Seriously.

You can get a minimum of 18 a week, what else do you REALLY need from xur? Speaking as someone who has all exotics, minus the 4th horseman, IB is the most versatile and useful gun in the game and one of the small handful of guns that is truly exotic. I'm not the type to collect multiples of anything but pvp guns though, I think hezen vengeance and found verdict are the only ones I have 3x. Besides all that IB is a rarer gun in terms of RNG too, I've only ever had two drop.

Edit: maybe not the most versatile, but it's gotten me out of a pinch more times than I can count :p
3x found verdict for PVP? ok.

please explain hezen vengence for PVP as I don't see the appeal. (I think I do, but I'd like to hear your opinion on it)

One is good enough really. Specially since you need to swap weapons between characters. I was like that ( keeping 3 GHs and 3 IBs) before until I got bored and destroyed my spare duplicates.

Eh, maybe. Outside of Arcburn Nightfall, I don't think I will be doing much swapping. I am getting 2 since it will significantly reduce the need to swap.

SgtCobra

please explain hezen vengence for PVP as I don't see the appeal. (I think I do, but I'd like to hear your opinion on it)
Other than having a significantly better blast radius than the Hunger of Crota I can't see it being better than said weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong.

For new players with limited coins and probably <3 characters: 1 IceB = definitely, 3 IceB = definitely not. More important to have coins for different types of exotic armors, etc. Just imho of course, it's a great weapon to be sure.

edit: I really hate how "less than 3" just looks like a heart, blah

That's what I want as well. MIDA + Dance = Gotta Go Fast.

That might be too fast. It's fun outrunning everyone in the abyss. Can get your team into trouble if you activate lamps too quickly, but running the abyss with Midas and Don't Touch Me guantlets is like a stroll in the park.

Is this still happening?

Yeah, if we can get 6 today. Not sure what time it might happen though, not until sometime later. It could look something like

CE Flawless, Time: TBD

1.) me
2.) Dhruv
3.) Kadey
4.) Born2Live
5.) ?
6.) ?

It sounds like IRawr can help if we do it this weekend.

nowai

That might be too fast. It's fun outrunning everyone in the abyss. Can get your team into trouble if you activate lamps too quickly, but running the abyss with Midas and Don't Touch Me guantlets is like a stroll in the park.

Oh I'm talking pvp. Don't Touch Me are my go to pve exotic.

Raybunny

Eh, maybe. Outside of Arcburn Nightfall, I don't think I will be doing much swapping. I am getting 2 since it will significantly reduce the need to swap.

I swap a lot since I use a specific set of weapons and use my 3 characters for raids and weeklies. (Dayum I want more slots!) So the time I spend loading the tower to swap one weapon, I "make it worth" by swapping a few more than that.

Jinjo

Nothing for me this week Xur is crap :(

Even if there is nothing for you, you can't even remotely call Xur crap this week. Top exotic gun in the game bar Gjallarhorn and the top subclass-specific exotic helm for all classes (Glasshouse might be second best to Saint-14 though). Crap? Get outta here man.

Other than having a significantly better blast radius than the Word of Crota I can't see it being better than said weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm assuming it's because of the ammo it can give with field scout and tube holding three shells.

I'm a machine gun/corrective measure fan, so I was interested on Rocket Launcher info

Even if there is nothing for you, you can't even remotely call Xur crap this week. Top exotic gun in the game bar Gjallarhorn and the top subclass-specific exotic helm for all classes (Glasshouse might be second best to Saint-14 though). Crap? Get outta here man.

Definitely a great Xur week but Saint seems much better than GHouse to me (bearing in mind I just bought GH and don't have Saint, so maybe I'm wrong).

please explain why greenhouse is the best/2nd best? that just unlocks the perk defeneders normally use anyways, right?

blazeuk

Already have the Glasshouse which I use but it's going to be replaced now I had the Saint-14 drop for me. Good week though, I'm gonna pick up Obsidian Mind and 2 extra Icebreakers so I don't have to keep moving it around characters all the time.

Rixa

I will definetly buy 3, been hunting I C U BreakEm for couple months. But Iam not sure, is it smart to upgrade them all to max. Fearing that same shit will happen when next DLC comes with exotics.
i.e. You need to upgrade them to new maxes with shard.

Yeah, if we can get 6 today. Not sure what time it might happen though, not until sometime later. It could look something like

1.) me
2.) Dhruv
3.) Kadey
4.) Born2Live
5.) ?
6.) ?

Yeah I can assist this weekend, won't touch the sword :p got a long day today and plus tired currently so I will prob screw up if I attempt it lol.

ethomaz

Banned
Pretty good Xur this week.

I will change my IB 300 for a new powerful IB 331.

Obsidian Mind fucking yes... time to play some Voidwalker again ;)

phen0m24

1.) me
2.) Dhruv
3.) Kadey
4.) Born2Live
5.) ?
6.) ?

Doc am terrified but would try it. Have 32 Titan and 31 hunter. What would strat be? Do you roll through legit or like Don't touch me hunter for 1st part, 1 or 2 guys across for 2nd part, etc.?

I don't know though. I usually find a way to die and would be mortified to be THAT guy.

Maybe I should just watch.

I will definetly buy 3, been hunting I C U BreakEm for couple months. But Iam not sure, is it smart to upgrade them all to max. Fearing that same shit will happen when next DLC comes with exotics.
i.e. You need to upgrade them to new maxes with shard.

I wouldn't bother maxing all 3 since the most valuable perk is unlocked by default. A 302 IceB is plenty good, the 331 would only kinda matter for hard mode CE if you really want to use IceB for that. Definitely not worth the exotic shards unless (like me) you have more shards than you'll conceivably ever need.

Jinjo

Definitely a great Xur week but Saint seems much better than GHouse to me (bearing in mind I just bought GH and don't have Saint, so maybe I'm wrong).

Saint-14 is definitely the best Defender exotic.

please explain why greenhouse is the best/2nd best? that just unlocks the perk defeneders normally use anyways, right?

It doesn't unlock the perk, it adds to the duration of it. I haven't tried it out yet offcourse but it seems to be the second best Defender exotic (which is why I specified sub-class specific exotic) out there. Longer Weapons/Blessing of Light seems good for Titan PvP. Better than blinding in PvP since walking in a bubble already means certain death. Longer blessing of light means you don't have to stick to your bubble as much.

3x found verdict for PVP? ok.

There really isn't a better shot gun for pvp, found verdict is way better than the exotics still, even in this IB.

Hezen, has a great radius, love the delay on those mini shells, velocity is top tier once it's been tuned for it too, oh and four rockets from a heavy drop with raid boots, and it's not an exotic.

Corrective measure is my go to machine gun for pvp too, it's more stable than a PS4 update, it is also not exotic as well.

Really the VOG weapons were all top tier guns, pulse rifles are all friggin terrible but I had fun with timepiece, foil has some great unique perks, vision is probably one of the most fun guns to use in the game, revenge is awesome, and I think I covered the rest. Except fatebringer, which is probably the most over hyped gun in the game, perhaps it's because all of the exotic hand canons are so much better by comparison, still it has cool perks. But shit, makes you think, they've dropped the ball on the CE weapons.

Doc am terrified but would try it. Have 32 Titan and 31 hunter. What would strat be? Do you roll through legit or like Don't touch me hunter for 1st part, 1 or 2 guys across for 2nd part, etc.?

I don't know though. I usually find a way to die and would be mortified to be THAT guy.

Maybe I should just watch.

You could definitely do flawless, just bring the 32 Titan. It's still easy to solo the first part and Kadey is an expert at that, bridge would be easy to cheese still or do legit. DSinger you can always chill back and play it safe, Crota you can just snipe with your shiny new IceB, doesn't need to be upgraded at all.

And nobody takes flawless that seriously, I promise only a minimum of cursing and screaming if you die. :p

But seriously you should try it with us, it's all about the team effort, nobody will get upset if anyone else dies.

Longer Weapons/Blessing of Light seems good for Titan PvP. Better than blinding in PvP since walking in a bubble already means certain death. Longer blessing of light means you don't have to stick to your bubble as much.

Yeah good point about the PvP, I'll have to give that a try this week if I can level the helm in time for IB. Titans have some pretty interesting DLC exotic armors... the legs have been a lot of fun in Crucible for Strikers.

Hyun Sai

For new players with limited coins and probably <3 characters: 1 IceB = definitely, 3 IceB = definitely not. More important to have coins for different types of exotic armors, etc. Just imho of course, it's a great weapon to be sure.

edit: I really hate how "less than 3" just looks like a heart, blah

You're right. I may be spoiled because I've got 3x Warlock, so I don't have to worry about armors like others.

Oh yeah. I've already been in a few teams where everyone used an IB on crota instead of rockets and he gets creamed just as fast.

Yeah, but 1 ghorn vs 1 IB and ghorn wins every time. For pure DPS it's the best gun in the game, it's just too limiting and really very infrequently "required", it feels like a waste unless I'm filling a role in a strike or a raid.

JHall

C'mon Xur! You had one job to do. Where are my Dance Machines?!

Still a good week for people that don't have IB

Top Bottom