• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah, if we can get 6 today. Not sure what time it might happen though, not until sometime later. It could look something like

CE Flawless, Time: TBD

1.) me
2.) Dhruv
3.) Kadey
4.) Born2Live
5.) ?
6.) ?

It sounds like IRawr can help if we do it this weekend.
Meeee meee meee

phen0m24

Yeah, but 1 ghorn vs 1 IB and ghorn wins every time. For pure DPS it's the best gun in the game, it's just too limiting and really very infrequently "required", it feels like a waste unless I'm filling a role in a strike or a raid.

Only problem I have with my Horn is people that jump in front of me when I fire. Ugh ugh ugh insta death. :(

Yeah, if we can get 6 today. Not sure what time it might happen though, not until sometime later. It could look something like

1.) me
2.) Dhruv
3.) Kadey
4.) Born2Live
5.) ?
6.) ?

i would love to give it a go as well, put me up as an alt as it seems you are currently full but if someone bails, i'll be online later today.

Raybunny

Only problem I have with my Horn is people that jump in front of me when I fire. Ugh ugh ugh insta death. :(

Not only GH but with most of the other Rocket Launchers. I make sure to jump before or make sure coast is clear. Even though there is always that one prick that jumps in front of you almost on purpose or strafes for no "Effing" reason.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Really the VOG weapons were all top tier guns, pulse rifles are all friggin terrible but I had fun with timepiece, foil has some great unique perks, vision is probably one of the most fun guns to use in the game, revenge is awesome, and I think I covered the rest. Except fatebringer, which is probably the most over hyped gun in the game, perhaps it's because all of the exotic hand canons are so much better by comparison, still it has cool perks. But shit, makes you think, they've dropped the ball on the CE weapons.
I completely disagree with this. The gun does work and is fun to use.

This has to be a mistake. A highly desired weapon being sold by Xur? I don't know what game I am playing anymore?

Hurry and buy it before they hotfix this shit and put in No Land Beyond as a proper disappointment.

phen0m24

You could definitely do flawless, just bring the 32 Titan. It's still easy to solo the first part and Kadey is an expert at that, bridge would be easy to cheese still or do legit. DSinger you can always chill back and play it safe, Crota you can just snipe with your shiny new IceB, doesn't need to be upgraded at all.

And nobody takes flawless that seriously, I promise only a minimum of cursing and screaming if you die. :p

But seriously you should try it with us, it's all about the team effort, nobody will get upset if anyone else dies.

Ok. Sounds good.
I hope

He's in my good books this week I had already been lucky enough to drop Obsidian Mind but I needed icebreaker, than you our for not shafting me and many others this week haha.

The wait for ballerhorn continues will I ever get it?!, will our ever sell it again?!

Tune in next week same bat time same bat channel!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This has to be a mistake. A highly desired weapon being sold by Xur? I don't know what game I am playing anymore?

Hurry and buy it before they hotfix this shit and put in No Land Beyond as a proper disappointment.
He is preparing you guys for the hard mode duh. A rare display of kindness shown by Xur.

CE Flawless, Time: TBD, sometime later today

1.) me
2.) Dhruv Ninja
3.) Kadey1solo
4.) Born2Live
5.) Colonel O Icey
6.) auto-Kartik

Alternates: Noise, iRawr if it gets pushed to this weekend, anyone else?

Defuser

Bought 2 Icebreakers and the Obsidian Mind. Thank you based Xur. Now to start farming coins to buy the glasshouse helm and exotic shards.

Edit:
Got my third husk of the pit and a legendary engram doing one fist of crota mission. My day in Destiny has been awesome.

There really isn't a better shot gun for pvp, found verdict is way better than the exotics still, even in this IB.

Hezen, has a great radius, love the delay on those mini shells, velocity is top tier once it's been tuned for it too, oh and four rockets from a heavy drop with raid boots, and it's not an exotic.

Corrective measure is my go to machine gun for pvp too, it's more stable than a PS4 update, it is also not exotic as well.

Really the VOG weapons were all top tier guns, pulse rifles are all friggin terrible but I had fun with timepiece, foil has some great unique perks, vision is probably one of the most fun guns to use in the game, revenge is awesome, and I think I covered the rest. Except fatebringer, which is probably the most over hyped gun in the game, perhaps it's because all of the exotic hand canons are so much better by comparison, still it has cool perks. But shit, makes you think, they've dropped the ball on the CE weapons.
yeah, wasn't questioning found verdict, people should be dying to it enough to know it's good~

thanks for the input on hezen's vengence

Sounds good, I'm definitely down to help. The image of Dhruv plummeting into the VoG abyss keeps me up at night, plus he needs a SFW clan name...

Thread will be Xur-distracted for a while, I'll be back later to see about getting a group going.

That used to keep me up too, then I just practiced about an hour for 3 days, just doing the jumping puzzle. It's muscle memory now :-D

Also if everyone is up for it then we can start the CE flawless run right now.

Saint-14 is definitely the best Defender exotic.

It doesn't unlock the perk, it adds to the duration of it. I haven't tried it out yet offcourse but it seems to be the second best Defender exotic (which is why I specified sub-class specific exotic) out there. Longer Weapons/Blessing of Light seems good for Titan PvP. Better than blinding in PvP since walking in a bubble already means certain death. Longer blessing of light means you don't have to stick to your bubble as much.
bleh. guess I'm buying a greenhouse.

Looks like I'm saving up on coins and motes this week, except maybe a shard for my Titan alt. Don't mind swapping out weapons.

I do like Glasshouse. Very handy in strikes, Raid, and Crucible.

ethomaz

Banned
There really isn't a better shot gun for pvp, found verdict is way better than the exotics still, even in this IB.

Hezen, has a great radius, love the delay on those mini shells, velocity is top tier once it's been tuned for it too, oh and four rockets from a heavy drop with raid boots, and it's not an exotic.

Corrective measure is my go to machine gun for pvp too, it's more stable than a PS4 update, it is also not exotic as well.

I started to use Hunger of Crota yesterday and it is pretty good... better than Hezen for example.

Of course it is not a Ghorn but deal comparable damage.

Buy obsidian.
I can guarantee you you won't regret it.
Been using it with a 100% int build, and even without bad juju (was waiting for the upgrade to put XP into my empty 300 one) I'm already chaining supers like a madman.
It is really awesome, and FUN.
Sold. Thank you!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
That used to keep me up too, then I just practiced about an hour for 3 days, just doing the jumping puzzle. It's muscle memory now :-D

Also if everyone is up for it then we can start the CE flawless run right now.
Do you guys have a flawless strategy for the first section?

Kensuke

1.) me
2.) Dhruv
3.) Kadey
4.) Born2Live
5.) ?
6.) ?

I want to do it! Still need that trophy. PSN: Wretched_Walrus

edit: I see you may have a full team. If someone doesn't show I'd love to go though. I'll be online all day. :p

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah, but 1 ghorn vs 1 IB and ghorn wins every time. For pure DPS it's the best gun in the game, it's just too limiting and really very infrequently "required", it feels like a waste unless I'm filling a role in a strike or a raid.

Sure. But you dont always have rockets. Dont have to wait for synth cooldown. Can't get killed by a teammate that runs in front of you as you fire. Not sure why people downplay the IB down. Still just as good as it ever was

*Tin Foil Hat*

Xur sales Ice Breaker because it is no longer the kind of Snipers. Everyone covets the elusive Black Hammer now so will still be disappointment.

Sure. But you dont always have rockets. Dont have to wait for synth cooldown. Can't get killed by a teammate that runs in front of you as you fire. Not sure why people would play the IB down. Still just as good as it ever was

I'm not playing it down at all, 9/10 times is pick my breaker. But from a DPS perspective ghorn is vastly superior, I don't use it often for all of the reasons you highlighted, but I can't deny how effective it is at doing a ton of damage in a hurry

void666

Banned
I knew it. When i got my first ice breaker next Friday Xur was selling it. This week got another one from the gorgon chest and now he is selling it again.

All i wanted from Xur was an Obsidian mind and now i have it. No need to buy helmet engrams. My motes of light are useless again.

*Tin Foil Hat*

Xur sales Ice Breaker because it is no longer the kind of Snipers. Everyone covets the elusive Black Hammer now so will still be disappointment.

nah, Icebreaker is still the best sniper in the game hands down. It's just the most versatile due to not having to worry about ammo when camping in a cheesespot somewhere :D

Black Hammer is only really usable against Ogres, the Tank, Sepiks Prime and Devil Walkers :D

Very excited for the next Solar Burn now.

Ice Breaker + Hunger of Crota will be a nice combo. It isn't as sexy as Black Hammer + Gjallarhorn, but it's a nice consolation.

EL CUCO

Congrats on your new Icebreakers, guys! :D never leave the Tower without it.

Xur delivered big time. Brought exactly what I asked for too <3

Needed those Helms bad.

nah, Icebreaker is still the best sniper in the game hands down. It's just the most versatile due to not having to worry about ammo when camping in a cheesespot somewhere :D

Black Hammer is only really usable against Ogres, the Tank, Sepiks Prime and Devil Walkers :D

You forgot hydras.

IB > BH tho.

So which is preferable; Ice Breaker or Black Hammer?

I already have the hammer and I only run one character, so I'd rather not waste coins.

Get it. People who say it's not good, already have it and they have the luxury of choice to switch to it. You will regret not getting it. Imo one of the top 5 exotic weapons in this game

Top Bottom