• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Rixa

Congrats on your new Icebreakers, guys! :D never leave the Tower without it.

Xur delivered big time. Brought exactly what I asked for too <3

Needed those Helms bad.

You forgot hydras.

IB > BH tho.

Been repeating that during every Icebreaker argument ever, and I still don't understand why people can't understand that it's not "Icebreaker or", but "Icebreaker and".
Sure enough I'm not *always* using my Icebreaker, but there are A LOT of situations where Icebreaker will make your life really easier -- even when used in conjonction with another sniper rifle / secondary weapon when not in solar burn.
Remember last week's nightfall / weekly?
Icebreaker made it trivial.

oh definitely true, i always carry atleast two snipers, usually of different elemental damage.

Especially Valus T'auric strike you can start with Icebreaker on the kill liutenants phase, swap to Black Hammer for the tank and then back to Icebreaker for the final boss fight and not worry about sniper ammo.

Best part with BH & IB combination is that you can swap special weapons without cursing the loss of ammo. Shoot with BH when ammo out swap to IB and wait & swap again.

I hate losing ammo when I switch between fusion rifle & sniper.
Especially when I play most of my time from Vita and aiming those crits with Black Hammer aint so easy. This weeks NF Tank part for example.

BokehKing

Banned
Only retail, non-bundled sales. I'm pretty sure the Destiny community is larger on PS than XB, but NPD won't reflect that.

It'd be interesting to get a total sales figure including digital (a lot of usually-retail buyers went digital here for some reason) and bundles (dat white PS4).
Don't forget Digital
My destiny is digital for example, does not count for npd

No one wants to go digital on x1 cause those slow install /download times

noomi

Well so much for the theory that Xur will never sell icebreaker/gjallarhorn again. Although I still think it will be a long while before the horn ever shows up again.

Grats to those that needed it, I bought it the first time he had it and it has helped me quite a bit through much needed times :D

Coins saved another week for me, nothing I really wanted on there, and the upgrades I mostly have for the weapons I care about. Pushing 220 coins now :eek:

Well so much for the theory that Xur will never sell icebreaker/gjallarhorn again. Although I still think it will be a long while before the horn ever shows up again.

Grats to those that needed it, I bought it the first time he had it and it has helped me quite a bit through much needed times :D

Coins saved another week for me, nothing I really wanted on there, and the upgrades I mostly have for the weapons I care about. Pushing 220 coins now :eek:

It does give some hope that the Horn will be sold, but I don't think Icebreaker is quite on the level of Horn to think it would be blacklisted. It's a great weapon for sure, but not overly game breaking.

Raybunny

nah, he moves too fast and there's too many adds to worry about to land consistent hits. Ice breaker can steadily land those 6 hits to the head in the hitstun loop and then you can retreat safely :D

There are good spots to keep staggering the boss forever without worrying about adds. If you want I can show them to you.

Edit: If some EU ppl is up for CE today let me know. I got 3 characters ( 2 lvl32 titans and 1 lvl 31 hunter if you are wondering.) to do the raid this week/weekend and got already 2 friends joining me. Count me in if you need also help on any PVE, PVP task.

Deku Tree

Only retail, non-bundled sales. I'm pretty sure the Destiny community is larger on PS than XB, but NPD won't reflect that.

It'd be interesting to get a total sales figure including digital (a lot of usually-retail buyers went digital here for some reason) and bundles (dat white PS4).

Don't forget Digital

Oh yeah a lot of people bought the white PS4 Destiny bundle and Digital on PS4.
I bought digital. Made more sense IMO for an always online game.
And the cross buy Digital Guardian Edition was too good to pass up.

Are Kadey, Born2Live, and/or Colonel around right now to start a flawless run?

If not we can do it with any of the alternates who are available now, and then do it again when those people are on.

Deku Tree

I just noticed that Destiny being the #3 selling new game in 2014 NPD does not include digital or bundles like the white ps4 bundle.

EL CUCO

This loot system is such a POS. There was a third guy that hopped in at Sepiks that got an exotic too.
Ya1F4UM.jpg

This is the first week that I've been able to do the weekly heroic/nightfall x3. Xur has rewarded my diligence by offering something good. Now the rhetorical/real question: I have just enough coins to get 2 icebreakers. Do I buy 2 or something else?

my first time upgrading a piece of exotic armor..

so you need an exotic shard to upgrade it and then another to max it?

jesus

can't wait to do this all over again for house of wolves

IHaveIce

Banned
Don't forget Digital

Lol what? Check for a new DNS or something, I play almost digital only and Destiny and the MCC downloaded both in about an hour( MCC probably a tad longer cause of size)

Namikaze1

I didn't realize that Iron Banner gives you glimmer till I noticed I went from nearly 7k to 19k the other day.

And speaking of Iron Banner, any team in need of a 6th? Or anyone interested in forming a team?

ethomaz

Banned
Question regarding PvP:

I haven't touched PvP yet since I returned to the game after being away from it for a couple of months. What's the environment like now? Back when I was playing regularly, I was consistent and competed well using an Auto as my primary. Have the tables turned on specific weapons/abilities?

Also, total random question but one of interest as I get up to speed on the new stuff courtesy of The Dark Below - has anyone ever discovered the ultimate build per class so to speak? Of the best armours and weapons in the game? Always been curious if there is an 'absolute best' build of each subclass.
Good AR works pretty well yet...

But hand cannons yet are my favorites... fusion rifles in second.

I guess nothing changed.

SgtCobra

Bought everything, great week. That'll do Xûr, that'll do.

Praise The Nine.

I only need the Heart of Praxic Fire and The Third Man now. Screw your exotic weapons, everything is an extra.
Now, if only the raid gave me the armor that I need, I can't understand how people are already having three level 32's (other than luck I guess)

BokehKing

Banned
Maybe. PSN likes to take every opportunity it can to wet the bed and make me regret going all digital.
How so? I mean if only online games yeah, but I haven't had to 'refresh rights' or whateveryet

My only regret is not upgrading the hard drive day 1

Anyone doing any raids or iron banner right now? No work today

BokehKing

Banned
Lol what? Check for a new DNS or something, I play almost digital only and Destiny and the MCC downloaded both in about an hour( MCC probably a tad longer cause of size)
You're in the minority then that don't suffer from those problems.

Anyway

I'm pissed xur doesn't have heavy ammo for coins today, or something I can spend these motes on

Yes I've got an hour to spare.

Would you be around later today with maybe a little more time available? Probably for the best if we have at least ~2 hours just in case, to make sure the team can get some practice in. I think we have 6 others available now, and can definitely do multiple runs today/this weekend like I mentioned before.

Namikaze1

Glasshouse maxed out has a bit more Intellect than my Saint-14. Just 2-3 more points. I could see myself using it after the Cave of Thralls. The benefits will be more useful in Hard Mode after that part than Saint-14's. Hell, Blessing of Light lasting longer + Illuminated can be useful as well in the cave.

Daemul

Yeah, it's the same for me. I find it odd that for others like Math it takes a whole day for that stuff o_O

Question regarding PvP:

I haven't touched PvP yet since I returned to the game after being away from it for a couple of months. What's the environment like now? Back when I was playing regularly, I was consistent and competed well using an Auto as my primary. Have the tables turned on specific weapons/abilities?

Also, total random question but one of interest as I get up to speed on the new stuff courtesy of The Dark Below - has anyone ever discovered the ultimate build per class so to speak? Of the best armours and weapons in the game? Always been curious if there is an 'absolute best' build of each subclass.
ARs are still pretty viable and the most commonly seen primary in PVP. SUROS can be returned to near prenerf levels with select perks.

Overall, ARs are good but the playing field is much wider now and there are a lot more guns that can stand up to them or frequently surpass them.

My biased opinion, a skilled TLW/Thorn user will probably do better than a skilled Suros user in PVP today.

As for best build, idk, probably more of a play style thing but certain classes/perks clearly benefit PVP more than others (trip mines, fist of havoc, energy drain melee, etc).

Top Bottom