• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

nice! i think im still halfway through 2. damn man, i'm just holding you down! screw that fireteam lag

Ha, yeah, it's just ridiculous. I've decided not to be mad about it. It sucks but there's nothing I can do. I know my internet isn't the fastest, but that's just silly. I literally go from 0.2 KD ratios with you to 2.0 KD without you... every time. Ugh.

I was able to complete all the bounties last night after you signed off too... only one I didn't get was the headshot spree one. What do I even have to do to get that one?

Homeboyd

I've been sitting on the PvP portion of the Bad JuJu bounty for a really long time now, since I hate going in solo for PvP (plus I'm not good at it). Gonna have to man up and get it done now.
It's not bad. I've done it once and currently have 2 juju bounties in progress (both at the crucible section). It'll come eventually, unlike the Thorn bounty where if you're bad at pvp, you may NEVER finish it. Juju never resets progress... so just play comfortably here and there and it'll come.

Edit: Hawk'd

GhaleonEB

Don't you DARE put Dragon's Breath in the same category as IB. DON'T YOU DARE.

I'm trying to get one secondary and one heavy that does each elemental damage (or whatever it's called), so I can double up with them when needed. With two exotics that do solar, I can't use them at the same time. That's all. No offense meant!

deadduck

100%, yes, to the point where it is the biggest individual asset any one person can bring to that fight (well, as it is in many PvE scenarios :p)

If you can consistently get bubbles for the shield phases, and the full team remembers to

Dip in -> Shield Break -> Dip back in -> Shield Break

The entire fight can be done without a single rocket, I'm absolutely positive.

My usual team don't rocket on the first 'down' at all, giving the swordguy time to get in position and get the initial timing right. We usually have rockets for a quick second down, but done it many times with just primaries and/or HMG.

Bubble near the left rock for overshield (just incase boombers get a shot off) and obs for a super helps too.

Hopefully if I commit to playing enough to find 13 greens(need sapphire wire) I will hit 30 tomorrow then I can try find a group for nightfall.

Unfortunately will miss out in IB but the Helm was my last blue so I had to get it, plus 1 extra golden gun shot will be nice.

Rixa

Love how demonic a Titan looks with the helm!

B7eumG0IYAAChc7.jpg

I love my cricket:
I'm trying to get one secondary and one heavy that does each elemental damage (or whatever it's called), so I can double up with them when needed. With two exotics that do solar, I can't use them at the same time. That's all. No offense meant!

IB is also great Special Ammo factory :).

SkylineRKR

It's not bad. I've done it once and currently have 2 juju bounties in progress (both at the crucible section). It'll come eventually, unlike the Thorn bounty where if you're bad at pvp, you may NEVER finish it. Juju never resets progress... so just play comfortably here and there and it'll come.

Edit: Hawk'd

Even Thorn isn't that bad, I avg 1.0 or so and completed it quicker than Bad Juju on a Hunter.

In theory you can get it with a consistent 0.5 rate.

So remote play works pretty good when my ps4 is at home wireless and my Vita is on a different wireless network. I wonder how I can get it to work well with both being on the same network, while I'm at home.

Homeboyd

Haha no worries. I'd absolutely re-build your loadout around Ice Breaker now. Dragon's Breath isn't one of the better rocket launchers anyways, so it really isn't worth the exotic slot. Down crota a few more times and hope for a Hunger of Crota RL. It's a mini-gjallar, does solar and doesn't take up an exotic slot. Black Hammer is also available from Crota as well and does solar so you could run black hammer/dragon's breath if that dropped first.

Either way, get an ice breaker and forget about literally EVERYTHING else. They come later on the list of priorities.

Even Thorn isn't that bad, I avg 1.0 or so and completed it quicker than Bad Juju on a Hunter.

In theory you can get it with a consistent 0.5 rate.
Yeah I got it done in like 8-10 games. But for ppl who admittedly hate pvp and/or aren't good at it, I could see it being stressful for them. Was just saying juju's crucible requirements aren't even close to the same as thorn's.

boofa

Neo Member
Thanks! Sorry I didn't know how to wave or talk with remote play haha. Not sure if Vita + iPhone headset even works to talk? First time using it whole playing with others

There's a really stupid way you have to use to chat on RP from Vita. You have to start a party and join it from the Vita OS, then start remote play which will break your wifi searching for PS4. Once it connects you have to quickly switch apps to party and rejoin, then swap back to RP session. Otherwise it will use whatever mic is local. I found out last week when picking up a VoG cp while at work that my camera mic is being streamed when I'm on RP so people get to hear my wife and kids at home, lol.

LiK

Forgot to mention I had another dream last night where I got a shader from Dead Orbit. This is getting weird and sad.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hopefully if I commit to playing enough to find 13 greens(need sapphire wire) I will hit 30 tomorrow then I can try find a group for nightfall.

Unfortunately will miss out in IB but the Helm was my last blue so I had to get it, plus 1 extra golden gun shot will be nice.
You could do Roc strikes for blue engrams, or your choice of glimmer farm and buy 250-glimmer helms from the Vanguard Quartermaster.

GhaleonEB

Haha no worries. I'd absolutely re-build your loadout around Ice Breaker now. Dragon's Breath isn't one of the better rocket launchers anyways, so it really isn't worth the slot. Down crota a few more times and hope for a Hunger of Crota RL. It's a mini-gjallar, does solar and doesn't take up an exotic slot. Black Hammer is also available from Crota as well and does solar so you could run black hammer/dragon's breath if that dropped first.

Either way, get an ice breaker and forget about literally EVERYTHING else. They come later on the list of priorities.

I bought it, but Nat is conflicted as she likes Bad Juju (her only other weapon exotic) and isn't done leveling it up. She doesn't have a legendary primary to fall back on.

I love that Destiny forces these kinds of decisions and strategies on you, rather than just letting you bathe in exotics. It's fun to plan out builds/agonize over these things.

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
Sorry for the newb question but here goes, for this weeks Nightfall do we need to use Arc weapons to inflict the most amount of damage on Septiks Prime and the Spider tank? Or does it even matter?

realcZk

There's nothing official announced yet, but on the Android app when looking at items, if you hit menu fast enough you will see a Move To Vault option. Also there when viewing vault items to move to inventory. I haven't been fast enough to see it work because I'm always on wifi or 4G, but some folks on reddit have said they actually moved some stuff when on a slow enough connection when it first popped up. I think it has since been blocked from working, but the feature is there already. Not sure why it hasn't been enabled. Maybe they're holding it for HoW release.

dude thats awesome... time to poke around the APK and see if I can prematurely use the greatest feature release in destinys history

Ha, yeah, it's just ridiculous. I've decided not to be mad about it. It sucks but there's nothing I can do. I know my internet isn't the fastest, but that's just silly. I literally go from 0.2 KD ratios with you to 2.0 KD without you... every time. Ugh.

I was able to complete all the bounties last night after you signed off too... only one I didn't get was the headshot spree one. What do I even have to do to get that one?

i think its like 3-4 headshot kills without dying = headshot spree

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Generally speaking, and I know this is a longer term thing, but it's really cool to have a decent legendary stand-in for each exotic you use, for situations where you need to use another. Ice Breaker is a really valuable use of your exotic slot in lots of scenarios in the game though.
Haha no worries. I'd absolutely re-build your loadout around Ice Breaker now. Dragon's Breath isn't one of the better rocket launchers anyways, so it really isn't worth the slot. Down crota a few more times and hope for a Hunger of Crota RL. It's a mini-gjallar, does solar and doesn't take up an exotic slot. Black Hammer is also available from Crota as well and does solar so you could run black hammer/dragon's breath if that dropped first.

He hasn't done Crota yet :D Beaten to the punch by his own offspring!
I bought it, but Nat is conflicted as she likes Bad Juju (her only other weapon exotic) and isn't done leveling it up. She doesn't have a legendary primary to fall back on.
She'll get one. Even if Ice Breaker sits in the vault until she gets a great legendary primary she wants to play around with, having it then will be so, so worth the 17 coins than wanting it and having no recourse a month from now.

It's really quite worth it.
I love that Destiny forces these kinds of decisions and strategies on you, rather than just letting you bathe in exotics. It's fun to plan out builds/agonize over these things.
this is like more than half the game for me, I can't get enough. :p Gonna have so many new toys and ideas to play with after this Xur stock...

Homeboyd

Well then, bout time to take her through a few Templar's and work on getting a fatebringer. Juju is great now, but IB... oh man. Yeah you do need another legendary primary though. There's a couple ok versions at vanguard.. nothing great. Crucible vendor has an excellent scout but I'm guessing she doesn't play much pvp (I certainly don't).

Our of curiosity, why would you buy the obsidian mind upgrade and not just the new helmet? It would save you 1 strange coin as well as give you an exotic shard once you got rid of the old helmet.
I didn't have Obsidian Mind. Plus it's a DLC item so it wouldn't even be upgradeable :-D

But yeah, re-buying 13 coin items is cheaper then upgrading them.

realcZk

Haha no worries. I'd absolutely re-build your loadout around Ice Breaker now. Dragon's Breath isn't one of the better rocket launchers anyways, so it really isn't worth the exotic slot..

well... there are rumors of the great dragons breath semi-crota-cheese :)

shoot a bunch of rockets at crota to make flares and then disconnect before they disappear and apparently they stay there for the remainder of the fight, constantly dropping scrota's shields whenever he rotates middle

Sorry for the newb question but here goes, for this weeks Nightfall do we need to use Arc weapons to inflict the most amount of damage on Septiks Prime and the Spider tank? Or does it even matter?
It's possible without but the damage boost with matching elemental damage is incredible.

An arc sniper or fusion rifle will be your friend.

Or my true love - Fatebringer

Iceman829

Arc weapons will be stronger than your normal weapons in most cases. If you have an ice breaker stand on the back building left building during the spider tank section to just snipe it to pieces and to avoid everything else.

Pickman

Tell her to start saving up her Vanguard for a Badger, that thing is choice. The Icebreaker is Life. The Icebreaker is Love.

I'm dying to see more of the "new" raid past the beginning lamps section. Will anyone be raiding later today/tonight and wouldn't mind bossing around a 31 titan?

Homeboyd

well... there are rumors of the great dragons breath semi-crota-cheese :)

shoot a bunch of rockets at crota to make flares and then disconnect before they disappear and apparently they stay there for the remainder of the fight, constantly dropping scrota's shields whenever he rotates middle
Nooooo. That cheese is horrible (shouldn't be DC'ing anyways), but definitely not worth it. Way easier to kill him legit.

There's a really stupid way you have to use to chat on RP from Vita. You have to start a party and join it from the Vita OS, then start remote play which will break your wifi searching for PS4. Once it connects you have to quickly switch apps to party and rejoin, then swap back to RP session. Otherwise it will use whatever mic is local. I found out last week when picking up a VoG cp while at work that my camera mic is being streamed when I'm on RP so people get to hear my wife and kids at home, lol.

Oh wow haha talk about convoluted. Good to know, thanks!

boofa

Neo Member
Tell her to start saving up her Vanguard for a Badger, that thing is choice. The Icebreaker is Life. The Icebreaker is Love.

Got a badger with firefly from nightfall this week. My new fav legendary primary (since I still haven't got an effing Fatebringer!)

Any Arc source inflicts more damage. All your Arc weapons do bonus damage to every enemy, it comes real handy againts Fallen Captains 'cause it makes it very easy to bust their Arc shields. Now, the burn also applies to enemies, so anyone shooting blue stuff at you, take cover because they will deal bonus damage to you as well and there's a bunch of enemies who shoot Arc in this strike.

Ice Breaker is far more useful than Dragon's Breath. The range on it is maxed out, I believe. You won't regret the purchase, believe me.

Unlike for Thorn, there's no "backwards" progress for the Bad Juju bounty, you can really just grind it out.
right, I keep getting it confused with Thorn. Looks like some Crucible matches are in my future, hope some of you have large backpacks. I don't wanna do it alone!

Played 5 or 6 iron banner matches with randoms this morning and won all of them. Even had a comeback where we won 2090 to 2050. We dominated all the other matches. I guess it's not so bad playing with randoms after all.

Thanks! Sorry I didn't know how to wave or talk with remote play haha. Not sure if Vita + iPhone headset even works to talk? First time using it whole playing with others

Didn't see you were on remote play until now lol. No worries though you're always welcome to run in my FT.

I just got a Vita for Christmas and it does come in handy at work. But I had to buy some Kelux grips and some thumbsticks adapters cause I had issues aiming with those tiny thumbsticks.

Got a badger with firefly from nightfall this week. My new fav legendary primary (since I still haven't got an effing Fatebringer!)

You... you got a Badger with firefly? Wow. I am jealous. I have the vendor Badger and it's my-go to 331 legendary primary (until I get that Lash tomorrow). If I could add firefly to it, I wouldn't even be hunting for a Lash or any other weapon (except Horn).

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
It's possible without but the damage boost with matching elemental damage is incredible.

An arc sniper or fusion rifle will be your friend.

Or my true love - Fatebringer

Arc weapons will be stronger than your normal weapons in most cases. If you have an ice breaker stand on the back building left building during the spider tank section to just snipe it to pieces and to avoid everything else.

Any Arc source inflicts more damage. All your Arc weapons do bonus damage to every enemy, it comes real handy againts Fallen Captains 'cause it makes it very easy to bust their Arc shields. Now, the burn also applies to enemies, so anyone shooting blue stuff at you, take cover because they will deal bonus damage to you as well and there's a bunch of enemies who shoot Arc in this strike.

So just to make sure I understand this correctly, it's better for me to use a rare sniper rifle on Septiks Prime and the Spider tank that does Arc damage instead of me using something like an Icebreaker or Preadthys Revenge?

matmanx1

I also hate the sound. Thorn sounds like an airsoft gun.

Haha, I agree it sort of does. The sound doesn't bother me though. Thorn is half crossbow anyway (it shoots giant black thorns!) so it shouldn't necessarily sound like a normal gun.

TLW sounds fantastic though. For my money it is one of the best sounding guns in the game, hands down.

ocean

Banned
Had the most insanely tight Iron Banner match ever. No team ever got over 200 points over the other, until we lost... like this:

NNLOpH6.jpg

boofa

Neo Member
You... you got a Badger with firefly? Wow. I am jealous. I have the vendor Badger and it's my-go to 331 legendary primary (until I get that Lash tomorrow). If I could add firefly to it, I wouldn't even be hunting for a Lash or any other weapon (except Horn).

Yes. Its pretty epic. I upgraded it yesterday and unlocked firefly. It is so much fun to blow stuff up :)

Bizazedo

Played 5 or 6 iron banner matches with randoms this morning and won all of them. Even had a comeback where we won 2090 to 2050. We dominated all the other matches. I guess it's not so bad playing with randoms after all.

The medallion made randoms totally acceptable. We'll win 1 out of 5, I am sure!

Top Bottom