• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Lima

Hawkmoon is the best exotic in the game. I die a little inside everyday knowing that I can't get in on Xbox. I would trade my Ghorn for it.

I'M GOING I'M GOING I'M GOING

NGjC2.gif

Its possible to power lvl an alt of the same class and hit lvl20 before Xur leaves. Frankly I understand buying IB if you dont have one, however I am with zewone on this. 1 is more than enough but each their own :) it is an amazing gun nonetheless.

Namikaze1

I have two maxed out Ice Breakers, a 331 and a 300. I'll be exchanging the 300 once the 362* version is available for upgrade come House of Wloves.

*random number I pulled out of my ass

realcZk

Anyone else expecting new currencies to screw over hardcore peeps?

its annoying when currencies are added to obviously slow progress and extend the grind, like the vanguard/crucible commendations. there was really no need to add these, at all. its pretty simple to roll over your vanguard once a week by doing a few bounties a day and the weekly+nightfall (500 rep each), and then you still have to grind the max of 100 marks a week, which isn't even enough to buy some armor pieces and weapons. they are completely unnecessary and i have 14 of them in my vault wasting space

they could have let you spend commendations to "reroll" vanguard items as that mechanic is already built into the game (iron banner).

i really dont understand it, maybe its groundwork for something rolling out in the future that will use the currency, but it wouldn't be like bungie to let us stockpile these things in the meantime

Ryck

Been waiting for ice breaker since the last and only time he sold it. So damn excited that I can't go back to sleep.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll say one more thing and I'm done.

Hawkmoon > Ice Breaker

Peace.
this is like the only thing you've been right about on the last two pages. :D
Me either, all dupes get sharded for the weapons I already have and need to level. Ain't nobody got time to level 3 IB. Not to mention Vault and character space is already at a premium as is.

It's not that inconvenient, for me at least, to just head to the tower and swap over gear to another character any time I need to do so. To each their own though.
it is for me. I think I did this 3 times total, to accomodate nightfalls. way, way too tedious for me.

Ice Breaker is also immediately valuable without a single upgrade unlike many exotics.

ocean

Banned
I'm too much of a newbie in comparison here, but I have been lurking the thread(s?!) so I had to say hello.

I have only a level 26 Hunter and last night I managed to get rank 3 in Future War Cult to finally get legendary armor... Bought some chill assed boots...

I do have 12 strange coins, I'll need just one more and maybe I can buy something from Xur for the first time!

I should have just leveled up my Vanguard Rank from the start and called it a day. Destiny is a grind but I am glad that I'm not unemployed or else I'd just waste all of my life and money into it...
Welcome to the Grind fest.

If you're got 12 coins and zero Exotic armor, try to get that extra coin. The Hunter helm Xûr is selling is a fantastic choice for Gunslingers and will help you level up quickly (it starts at 30 Light and goes up to 36 when maxed).

If you haven't opened all the Gold Chests on Mars, the fourth one has a guaranteed Strange Coin. With that you should be set :) Google for Mars Gold Chest Locations and be on your way.

Its possible to power lvl an alt of the same class and hit lvl20 before Xur leaves. Frankly I understand buying IB if you dont have one, however I am with zewone on this. 1 is more than enough but each their own :) it is an amazing gun nonetheless.

Unless I can get carried most of the way, I don't think I can hit 20 on a new character before Sunday morning. I really do need to create an alt at some point though...

one is enuogh. if your buying more than one your just incredbly impatient and cant bare the thought of taking 3 minutes of your day to to fly to the tower and pick it up out the vault. it will take you longer to level it anyway for total time than having to swap it out a few times a day.

its annoying when currencies are added to obviously slow progress and extend the grind, like the vanguard/crucible commendations. there was really no need to add these, at all. its pretty simple to roll over your vanguard once a week by doing a few bounties a day and the weekly+nightfall (500 rep each), and then you still have to grind the max of 100 marks a week, which isn't even enough to buy some armor pieces and weapons. they are completely unnecessary and i have 14 of them in my vault wasting space

they could have let you spend commendations to "reroll" vanguard items as that mechanic is already built into the game (iron banner).

i really dont understand it

I have like 10 Vanguard commendations and I already own most of the Vanguard weapons from drops. What am I supposed to do with them?????

Homeboyd

No, you're not with zewone. He's basically saying it isn't worth it to even have 1, as there are a lot of better options out there. I agree completely you only need 1. I only have 1. In fact, I got a 2nd drop and sharded it. But to advise someone who doesn't have one to not worry about getting one is crazy.

Been waiting for ice breaker since the last and only time he sold it. So damn excited that I can't go back to sleep.
The last time Xur sold it and I got it (first time using it), I immediately went and ran the daily mission with it and literally didn't use any other weapon the entire time.

Love that damn gun.

AND the fact that it provides infinite ammo for your OTHER special weapons? I mean, come on.

Daemul

I can't even remember the last time I used my Icebreaker, it's been rotting in my vault for awhile now. For the last solar burn nightfall I used Black Hammer+Ghorn combo, it was beautiful.

Bogeypop

So! I was doing the Fusion Rifle bounty at everyone's favorite spot in the Cosmodrome. Some Titan smuck comes in and Supers my next batch of Dregs and Vandals. Leaves and heads towards the Blade of Crota event. I follow him then I Super the Blade and his goons, take the sword, and leave. As I'm running away I can feel his anger as he pelts me with his bullets in vain. He then follows me to the Fusion Rifle spot and proceeds to stand in the spawn zone to attempt to ruin my fun. Little did he know I was afk troubleshooting some streaming problems, and came back ready to turn off my PS4 and do something else. Now I am in a battle to out AFK this guy, and there's no way he will win.

EDIT: And like I said I win the afk battle!

LiK

I don't like the Thorn for PVP. It just doesn't feel right for me. I switched to TLW for a short bit last night when my Vex was glitching and it felt so good again. I need to upgrade it back up. Lost the perks when I upgraded it with Xur.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Might make Glasshouse my new priority on the Titan, Obsidian Mind definitely on my Warlock, gonna play around with a Hunger/Soul Rip build. Any Voidwalkers that like Bad Juju also make sure to buy the hell out of that helm.
one is enuogh
One is absolutely enough
if your buying more than one your just incredbly impatient and cant bare the thought of taking 3 minutes of your day to to fly to the tower and pick it up out the vault. it will take you longer to level it anyway for total time than having to swap it out a few times a day.
but that's me.

Besides, you should leave the last part out of your argument altogether. Ice Breaker leveling is irrelevant, it's a devastating weapon immediately and its unique feature is unlocked out of the box. It'll just level as it's used, for me.

I agree the idea of re-leveling a bunch of dupes is not exactly the most tantalizing task, however, I have nothing to level other than exotics. Now that they don't require ascendant materials (I never had that big of a stock pile) I can just dump bounty XP into exotics when ever I run them. I have plenty of exotic shards, and the random marks I get each week are always more than enough to buy the planetary mats required to level any exotic weapon. Unlike my class mats, I have weapons parts for days and they can be moved character to character. Now, if only I could dump XP into more than one exotic at a time!

Jinjo

I have the LDR 5001. Should I just be happy with that and not worry saving for IB?

If you don't have IB yet at all, buy it. Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise, buy it. Buying multiples is someone's own decision, but the fact that many people here are buying multiples for all their characters should tell you something about how good the gun is.

Unless I can get carried most of the way, I don't think I can hit 20 on a new character before Sunday morning. I really do need to create an alt at some point though...
Gotcha, well wish you luck with quest for the 3 strange coins!
No, you're not with zewone. He's basically saying it isn't worth it to even have 1, as there are a lot of better options out there. I agree completely you only need 1. I only have 1. In fact, I got a 2nd drop and sharded it. But to advise someone who doesn't have one to not worry about getting one is crazy.

The last time Xur sold it and I got it (first time using it), I immediately went and ran the daily mission with it and literally didn't use any other weapon the entire time.

Love that damn gun.

AND the fact that it provides infinite ammo for your OTHER special weapons? I mean, come on.
Hmm I was under the impressions he was saying it was pointless to have more than 1 copies of an exotic weapon. Maybe I read it wrong haha who knows?

Ragarra

So how much longer does The Glasshouse increase the duration of blessing/weapons of light? I think Byte checked when it first came out and it sounded a little underwhelming compared to St-14 or Ruin Wings.

realcZk

Might make Glasshouse my new priority on the Titan, Obsidian Mind definitely on my Warlock, gonna play around with a Hunger/Soul Rip build. Any Voidwalkers that like Bad Juju also make sure to buy the hell out of that helm.

So how much longer does The Glasshouse increase the duration of blessing/weapons of light? I think Byte checked when it first came out and it sounded a little underwhelming compared to St-14 or Ruin Wings.

the glasshouse is cool, but it only extends WoL/BoL by 5 seconds. i think its handy in something like the Atheon fight where 5 more seconds of WoL can make a big difference but it would be difficult to justify its use in other situations (especially when you re-dip into the bubble) over helm of saint 14 and ruin wings, the benefits of which are huge

it also looks bad with every single shader in the game except thunderdevil, then it just looks okay :)

like regular armor, exotics drop with different stats for Intellect, Discipline, and Strength. Depending on how you want to play your character, you may want to re-roll your gear to get a better stat (say, for instance, a higher Intellect for quicker Super cooldowns).

I need to run 2 Weeklys this Saturday, throw me an invite if you haven't done it by then. PSN squidhands

Already ran it, but have no problems helping out tomorrow :)

I'll send you an invite tomorrow morning. Heading straight to a hockey game after work. Won't be on tonight.

Gotcha, well wish you luck with quest for the 3 strange coins!

Thanks, buddy :)

gio78

Neo Member
Dear fellow Gaffers I need your assistance with something.

Since Xur decided to sell something good for once and I 'm in China on business trip, I gave a friend of mine my psn account details but he needs my assistance to guide him on how to create a second account without affecting the one he already has.

Are there any simple instructions on how to do that?

I remember on ps3 it used to be a piece of cake, but from what I have seen that is not the case on ps4...

Thank you in advance :)

Lima

So! I was doing the Fusion Rifle bounty at everyone's favorite spot in the Cosmodrome. Some Titan smuck comes in and Supers my next batch of Dregs and Vandals. Leaves and heads towards the Blade of Crota event. I follow him then I Super the Blade and his goons, take the sword, and leave. As I'm running away I can feel his anger as he pelts me with his bullets in vain. He then follows me to the Fusion Rifle spot and proceeds to stand in the spawn zone to attempt to ruin my fun. Little did he know I was afk troubleshooting some streaming problems, and came back ready to turn off my PS4 and do something else. Now I am in a battle to out AFK this guy, and there's no way he will win.

Oh man I am that guy. I love camping the spots in the cosmodrome or on Venus where people do the 20 super bounty. I will play dumb at first and then see who quits first. I enjoy being an asshole.

Ryck

Love that damn gun.

So got damn excited, I'll be buying 3 I grind all day everyday anyway.

Dear fellow Gaffers I need your assistance with something.

Since Xur decided to sell something good for once and I 'm in China on business trip, I gave a friend of mine my psn account details but he needs my assistance to guide him on how to create a second account without affecting the one he already has.

Are there any simple instructions on how to do that?

I remember on ps3 it used to be a piece of cake, but from what I have seen that is not the case on ps4...

Thank you in advance :)
Log out user if hes on his account --> PS buttom --> New user --> Create a User --> enters in email and password --> Ice breaker in your vault.

Ragarra

the glasshouse is cool, but it only extends WoL/BoL by 5 seconds. i think its handy in something like the Atheon fight where 5 more seconds of WoL can make a big difference but it would be difficult to justify its use in other situations (especially when you re-dip into the bubble) over helm of saint 14 and ruin wings, the benefits of which are huge

it also looks bad with every single shader in the game except thunderdevil, then it just looks okay :)

Guess Ill burn some coins on Obsidian Mind, Glasshouse, and maybe the Symbiote if I ever finish my hunter.

Also everything looks good with thunderdevil.

realcZk

Guess Ill burn some coins on Obsidian Mind, Glasshouse, and maybe the Symbiote if I ever finish my hunter.

Also everything looks good with thunderdevil.

i think the glass house looks better on the male exo, it looks weird on my female titan, like a bobble head

lol I can't believe people are debating whether to buy IB or not.

Btw finished Crota with third character, shards all the way and my fifth Black Hammer while no one in my fireteam has one. Immediately dismantled it so they can see it on their screens too :p

GhaleonEB

Primaries won't drop until hard mode. Maybe a rocket launcher (which is great), fusion rifle (which is also great) or the machine gun (which is ok). Guessing FR.

Yeah when you land a bunch of mats and don't even have the gear to use it on, it kind of sucks. Gunna have to catch up to her level!

Yeah, I meant fusion rifle, not pulse rifle. I got them confused.

matmanx1

Yep, the iron banner sniper with field scout is my favorite general purpose snipe. Black Hammer for bosses and Ice Breaker sits in my banK so I can use ballerhorn.

I love my Efrideet's Spear from last IB. I re-rolled to get faster reload speed when the mag is empty and last round does bonus damage. With a three round clip one out of every three shots is bonus and the reloads are super fast. Being tied for the highest impact with BH it hits like a monster.

Jinjo

IB x2, Obsidian Mind and Glasshouse bought. My coin stock is at 3 coins right now, it hasn't been that low since week 1. Thankfully I have yet to do the weekly x3.

I love my Efrideet's Spear from last IB. I re-rolled to get faster reload speed when the mag is empty and last round does bonus damage. With a three round clip one out of every three shots is bonus and the reloads are super fast. Being tied for the highest impact with BH it hits like a monster.

Damn, how many motes did that cost ya. I spend like 26 and I had to stop at a Solar one with field scout, grenadier and kills grant bonus reserve ammo. Not really what I wanted but I need the motes for the other guns too..

gio78

Neo Member
Log out user if hes on his account --> PS buttom --> New user --> Create a User --> enters in email and password --> Ice breaker in your vault.

As simple as that? No need for manage subscriptions, parental controls and other crap I read when searching for it? Or is that necessary only for game sharing?

Man I feel better now... Thank you iRAWRasaurus!

Manp

id say that ice breaker is the 2nd best exotic in the game. very close second to ghorn imo. where ghorn is useful 100% of the time IB has its niche but where its good, its really freak'n good. closing in on 3rd is probably hawkmoon but I wouldnt know as I dont have one yet.

the hawkmoon hype is out of control... it's not even in the same tier as gjallarhorn and ice breaker.

gjallarhorn and ice breaker are the two standout exotics, i'd say ice breaker is the one that will get you trough most of the encounters but that's debatable. every other exotic is just nice to own.

:)

Top Bottom