• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Lima

Nice weapon for PvE, although I'm pretty sure it doesn't get Zoba's seal of approval for PvP.

Wish it could have Rodeo + Unflinching, Field Scout + Perfect balance. Unfortunately, one can only choose one perk in each of these sets, so the gun's low ammo, low stability makes it unsuitable for the Crucible :(

No what you do is roll it until you get the final round deals bonus damage. Keep it without field scout so it has the 3 round mag. Then what you do is shot the other two bullets in the ground and then enjoy 1 shot body kills even in regular crucible. There are green ammo packs everywhere so you can afford wasting bullets.

Rubenov

No what you do is roll it until you get the final round deals bonus damage. Keep it without field scout so it has the 3 round mag. Then what you do is shot the other two bullets in the ground and then enjoy 1 shot body kills even in regular crucible. There are green ammo packs everywhere so you can afford wasting bullets.

I rerolled mine and got final round; I just need to get comfortable with wasting two bullets into the ground each time to land the third. Not in my nature.

GhaleonEB

Shouldve kept it. Theres a stability perk in the first column that makes recoil more predictable... Icebreaker is worth it for ammo regen alone imo.

More predictable =/= less. I've played around with weapons with stable recoil. Made no difference to me, I just really hate it. I'd take aim at a knight's head, fire and the knight would be off screen. Awful. My only regret is losing a week's worth of coins on it.

Homeboyd

I regretted it dearly, unfortunately. I didn't check its stability before buying, which is rock bottom and without a perk to jack it up, just make it more predictable. I only use weapons with very high stability. I just really, really hate recoil. Not just in Destiny, but as a gameplay mechanic; it's the reason I only use single-shot weapons, and pick those with very high stability. I tried using Icebreaker on the daily and could barely land a shot, and never landed a follow up shot.

So not only did it run counter to my elemental damage strategy it was a weapon I hated using. :\

Dismantled. At least I got shard out of it.
YOURE-TEARING-ME-APART-LISA_zps4f606640.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I regretted it dearly, unfortunately. I didn't check its stability before buying, which is rock bottom and without a perk to jack it up, just make it more predictable. I only use weapons with very high stability. I just really, really hate recoil. Not just in Destiny, but as a gameplay mechanic; it's the reason I only use single-shot weapons, and pick those with very high stability. I tried using Icebreaker on the daily and could barely land a shot, and never landed a follow up shot.

So not only did it run counter to my elemental damage strategy it was a weapon I hated using. :\

:-/

ocean

Banned
More predictable =/= less. I've played around with weapons with stable recoil. Made no difference to me, I just really hate it. I'd take aim at a knight's head, fire and the knight would be off screen. Awful. My only regret is losing a week's worth of coins on it.
A maxed Ice Breaker one-shots Knights unless they're Majors or higher level than you though. With max range and super high impact, as well as infinite ammo, it makes new strategies possible in PvE. Obviously, if it doesn't suit your style you shouldn't feel forced to use it but dismantling it seems wasteful (unless you actually needed a Shard right now).

Stability truly is terrible on it but it becomes second nature. I adjust for IB's predictable vertical recoil almost on auto pilot :p

E92 M3

Yeah, I really should have streamed it especially since we did the first phase legit which was really, really exciting. Unlike watching the team dance outside while Macello or Dhruv or Kadey solo's the first phase, haha.

I only decided not to stream because Dhruv was having internet problems and I didn't want to risk anything in case streaming would make the connection worse. If we do another run later I'll definitely stream it again...

Ah good stuff. They are always exciting.

You poor child of Summer, so naive...

LordofPwn

Thanks! I'll try that to see if that works. You would think connecting at home would be smoother than different networks.

PS4's wifi isnt great. and as long as im on a network that has good download speeds i have a good time. i have 20Mbps up speeds at home. very useful.

purg3

slept with Malkin
wow, just logged on. This must be one of the best Xur weeks in a long ass time. Already have IB, but damn, never thought he would sell it again. Maybe there's hope he will sell Ghorn again someday lol.

Also, how's the signature perk on Glasshouse? Like how much longer is the duration with it equipped?

Homeboyd

wow, just logged on. This must be one of the best Xur weeks in a long ass time. Already have IB, but damn, never thought he would sell it again. Maybe there's hope he will sell Ghorn again someday lol.

Also, how's the signature perk on Glasshouse? Like how much longer is the duration with it equipped?
Reportedly 5 seconds

lol wow

hydruxo

So not only did it run counter to my elemental damage strategy it was a weapon I hated using. :

Honestly the recoil is something you get used to. I've used Ice breaker so much over the last several months that I just automatically over correct for the recoil when I take a shot now.

Any weapon with recoil you just have to get used to it, except maybe heavy machine guns because they are all over the place. Scout rifles, hand cannons, and especially sniper rifles, have a rhythm. You get used to the timing between each shot and how much you need to compensate with looking downward after each shot. I can get ice breaker shots back on target much faster than my black hammer, even though the hammer is more stable, simply because I have used the IB for hours and hours.

It wasn't until my wife was watching me play and saw me shoot the IB and asked "why is your screen jumping around like that? It looks ridiculous" that I even remembered that IB had bad recoil. It is in muscle memory territory at this point.

PS4's wifi isnt great. and as long as im on a network that has good download speeds i have a good time. i have 20Mbps up speeds at home. very useful.

Yea I think it is the direct connection that is killing me. Can't wait to try to disable that later.

I need to run speedtest to see where I'm at, yours is good

EL CUCO

So not only did it run counter to my elemental damage strategy it was a weapon I hated using. :

Qj22qBg.jpg
:p

LiK

Takes some getting used to but I like it now. When maxed and level 32, you could destroy a boomer Knight with one headshot in CE.

You should buy another one. It's the most useful weapon in the game. Everyone hates the recoil on it but I can't stress how important a weapon it is

Why? Seems to be super useful in plenty situations.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
well there are a non-negligible of contexts in which the recoil just doesn't matter, targets that are basically fixed in place with huge hitboxes. do have to bear in mind that ghal doesn't raid I guess, so Atheon and the ability to be on boomers for Crota aren't really concerns. but even if you never fire a shot with IB you can use it to regenerate your special ammo in a pinch. it regens while equipped, it doesn't even have to be in your hands. but ohhh well

personally, I absolutely hate sniper rifles in general but Ice Breaker is something special.

LTWood12

I spent 50 strange coins today.

Congrats! I spent 40 and it feels great. Icebreaker had evaded my pursuits for too long. Texted my best friend at 6:45 in the morning and we were ecstatic. Can't think of another game that's gotten that kind of reaction from either of us.

E92 M3

Any weapon with recoil you just have to get used to it, except maybe heavy machine guns because they are all over the place. Scout rifles, hand cannons, and especially sniper rifles, have a rhythm. You get used to the timing between each shot and how much you need to compensate with looking downward after each shot. I can get ice breaker shots back on target much faster than my black hammer, even though the hammer is more stable, simply because I have used the IB for hours and hours.

It wasn't until my wife was watching me play and saw me shoot the IB and asked "why is your screen jumping around like that? It looks ridiculous" that I even remembered that IB had bad recoil. It is in muscle memory territory at this point.

Yeah recoil is bad, but I am so used to it everything feels like I am shooting the VOC lol.

http://imgur.com/HWSokUX

Seems like the backend stuff is in the Android app already but can't be used right now. App hype.

That would be huge. Game changer.

IRON BANNER - 9PM EST ROSTER

1. Cosmos_Man
2. Da_1_hated_tito
3. iRAWRasaurus
4. Coconut
5. xplicitone
6. LiK (possibly)

See you all then! Time to throw it down.

Feorax

Ok, im at the first chest on VoG hard and ive set the fireteam to public. Anyone who wants to run should jump in.

I'm quite happy to wait if people want to grab various CP's on alts whilst we're progressing.

Rubenov

Post on Reddit about Iron Banner heroes:

To the absolute heroes capturing the third point in Iron Banner (self.DestinyTheGame)
submitted 23 hours ago * by hawkmoondrop
You are a legend. All three points! Yesterday, I couldn't imagine. Today? Total control. Thank you, dream maker. My grandpappy told me this day would come. He said, "hawkmoondrop, boy, right now you've only got two control points, and you're up 13,000 to 9,500, and that's real good, and I'm proud of you, but some day a hero is going to come along and get you that Point A you've always had your eye on, and oh, how your life will change. The places you'll see! You'll spawn in locales distant and exotic, far away from the safety of the two points you and the rest of the team have been successfully defending, lo, since time began. Change is good! I know you're comfortable at Point C on Blind Watch on Mars, but you will love the people you meet over at Point A in Dubuque, Iowa. You'll lose the game, of course, but the experience! The memories! The people! The hot, simmering rage at others' fundamental inability to recognize patterns! You just wait, boy. A hero is going to get you that third point. And you'll sing songs of his triumph."

Thank you, heroes. You are loved and appreciated for the noble and valuable job you do. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. That third point, and that 75 point capture bonus, is going to win us this thing. Never change.

No, the damage modifier is not worth the flipping of spawns. Winning control is more about controlling the right places and spawning at the right place than getting more control points.

Also, due to the game's spawn system, YOU CANNOT SUCCESFULLY CAPTURE AND DEFEND A + C ON ANY MAP UNLESS THE OTHER TEAM IS COMPLETE SHIT.

A lot of people, good players too, still don't know this.

Top Bottom