• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

LordofPwn

So remote play works pretty good when my ps4 is at home wireless and my Vita is on a different wireless network. I wonder how I can get it to work well with both being on the same network, while I'm at home.

I have a better time connecting from a different network. at my place i'm always too close to my PS4 for it to use my wireless, it just tries connecting direct to my ps4.

Deku Tree

I gotta skip Iron Banner this time... too busy... Don't need 36 light gauntlets... I am already pretty OP without Timur's lash anyway... and I got a lot to do IRL.

Once I get Crota End boots for my Titan and chest piece for my Hunter I'll be 32 for each.

So just to make sure I understand this correctly, it's better for me to use a rare sniper rifle on Septiks Prime and the Spider tank that does Arc damage instead of me using something like an Icebreaker or Preadthys Revenge?

It depends, if you're using a 331 Icebreaker and your Arc sniper is only a 242 or something like that, then I would stick with Icebreaker. Now if you have a Legendary 300/331 Arc sniper, then go with that one. I used my 300 Patience and Time and it was doing massive damage to the walker and Sepiks.

boofa

Neo Member
I have a better time connecting from a different network. at my place i'm always too close to my PS4 for it to use my wireless, it just tries connecting direct to my ps4.

You can turn that ability off on the PS4. I found that I have much better results using my own wifi vs direct connect.

ocean

Banned
So just to make sure I understand this correctly, it's better for me to use a rare sniper rifle on Septiks Prime and the Spider tank that does Arc damage instead of me using something like an Icebreaker or Preadthys Revenge?

For sure. Test it yourself! Get an IB shot at the Spider's legs then shoot it with an Arc sniper rifle and compare. Obviously, a Legendary or Exotic Arc Sniper like LDR or P&T would be ideal but failing that even an Uncommon will probably wreck.

The burn modifier trumps everything.

LiK

I gotta skip Iron Banner this time... too busy... Don't need 36 light gauntlets... I am already pretty OP without Timur's lash anyway... and I got a lot to do IRL.

Once I get Crota End boots for my Titan and chest piece for my Hunter I'll be 32 for each.

I'm just playing IB for fun and hoping for drops.

GRIP

I'm trying to get one secondary and one heavy that does each elemental damage (or whatever it's called), so I can double up with them when needed. With two exotics that do solar, I can't use them at the same time. That's all. No offense meant!

If you're looking for a decent legendary rocket launcher with solar damage I would recommend checking out the vanguard One Way Ticket. It has cluster bombs and field scout to get two rockets per magazine, but unfortunately no tracking (but hey, neither does Dragons Breath). So if you have a commendation and some marks it might be worth a buy.

Yeah TLW takes a lot of skill, and you have to be lucky with connection. And you have to be mid to close range. At peak hours I can't hit shit with it, but otherwise its fine. Its usually 3 bursts. Feels good if you kill with it.

When you do get hits with it though it's the sexiest gun ever made. It's so good

Deku Tree

PlayStation Store: The Top Sellers of 2014

US:

PS4 Games
1 Destiny
2 Grand Theft Auto V
3 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
4 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
5 The Last Of Us Remastered
6 Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
7 Battlefield 4
8 inFAMOUS Second Son
9 Watch Dogs
10 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

PS3 Games
1 Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition
2 Grand Theft Auto V
4 Destiny
5 Battlefield 4
6 TOKYO JUNGLE
7 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
8 Need for Speed Most Wanted
9 South Park: The Stick of Truth
10 Terraria

EU:

PS4
Minecraft
Trials Fusion
Grand Theft Auto V
FIFA 15
Battlefield 4
The Last of Us Remastered
7. Destiny
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Outlast
inFAMOUS Second Son
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
DRIVECLUB
Watch_Dogs
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry
Need for Speed Rivals
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
inFAMOUS First Light

PS3
Minecraft
The Walking Dead: Season Two
FIFA 15
Far Cry 3
Grand Theft Auto V
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Crysis 3
Battlefield 4
Gran Turismo 6
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
FIFA 14
The Wolf Among Us
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Battlefield 3
Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels
Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
The Walking Dead: Season One
The Last of Us

No destiny for EU PS3 top 20.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=973130

PlayStation Store: The Top Sellers of 2014

PS4 Games
1 Destiny
2 Grand Theft Auto V
4 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
5 The Last Of Us Remastered
6 Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
7 Battlefield 4
8 inFAMOUS Second Son
9 Watch Dogs
10 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=973130

The difference in US and EU stores is pretty staggering.

Definitely a price issue.

Homeboyd

haha, i thought it was hilarious, definitely not worth it as its much slower but still
I just have a feeling that bad things are going to happen to people who use network manipulation to cheese fights. It's one thing to skip sections, lamp launch, warlock self-res at wipe screen, etc... but DC'ing or quitting and rejoining... noo sir.

GhaleonEB

Ice Breaker is far more useful than Dragon's Breath. The range on it is maxed out, I believe. You won't regret the purchase, believe me.

I regretted it dearly, unfortunately. I didn't check its stability before buying, which is rock bottom and without a perk to jack it up, just make it more predictable. I only use weapons with very high stability. I just really, really hate recoil. Not just in Destiny, but as a gameplay mechanic; it's the reason I only use single-shot weapons, and pick those with very high stability. I tried using Icebreaker on the daily and could barely land a shot, and never landed a follow up shot.

So not only did it run counter to my elemental damage strategy it was a weapon I hated using. :\

Dismantled. At least I got shard out of it.

Rubenov

Got Efrideet's Spear from IB. Void with Unflinching and Firefly.

will probably replace Praedyth's Revenge for Void Burns.

Nice weapon for PvE, although I'm pretty sure it doesn't get Zoba's seal of approval for PvP.

Wish it could have Rodeo + Unflinching, Field Scout + Perfect balance. Unfortunately, one can only choose one perk in each of these sets, so the gun's low ammo, low stability makes it unsuitable for the Crucible :(

Dazzler

I've only got 15 Strange Coins, need to grind out two more for an Ice Breaker before Xur leaves

Best way to do this?

Run ROC strikes, right?

LDR. and i mentioned earlier that mine has twice the RoF which is important in PvP when you're trying to body shot the guy with thorn or suros across the map. the extra range helps there as well.
Never thought about this. good to know!

I'll examine those blue snipers a little closer before dismantling them.

I regretted it dearly, unfortunately. I didn't check its stability before buying, which is rock bottom and without a perk to jack it up, just make it more predictable. I only use weapons with very high stability. I just really, really hate recoil. Not just in Destiny, but as a gameplay mechanic; it's the reason I only use single-shot weapons, and pick those with very high stability. I tried using Icebreaker on the daily and could barely land a shot, and never landed a follow up shot.

So not only did it run counter to my elemental damage strategy it was a weapon I hated using. :\

wait are you talking about Ice Breaker? You regretted that? AND THEN DISMANTLED IT???

boofa

Neo Member
It's very likely they will revamp the system again.

I certainly hope so. I know at least half of my regular group has said if they have to upgrade and relevel all of their gear again when HoW drops, they're just going to quit playing. I for one wouldn't be terribly upset if they just made it a hybrid of what most of us thought before TDB (add a bubble to be upgraded) and the current upgrade system in place now where you had to buy the bubble from Xur and only when he had it in stock. I understand gear getting planned obsolescence after each expansion, but only if its being replaced by a myriad of new super cool gear, not 1 or 2 pieces per class (talking exotics only here of course). To top it off, alot of the new gear being generic reskins of old gear is a bit of a cop out if you ask me.

Congrats on the Flawless; stream it if you are doing it again. I have all the time in the world at work lol.

Yeah, I really should have streamed it especially since we did the first phase legit which was really, really exciting. Unlike watching the team dance outside while Macello or Dhruv or Kadey solo's the first phase, haha.

I only decided not to stream because Dhruv was having internet problems and I didn't want to risk anything in case streaming would make the connection worse. If we do another run later I'll definitely stream it again...

Can you up the magazine to more than 7 on that gun?

Its in the PS4 settings under Remote Play. Should be an option to turn off direct connect.

Thanks! I'll try that to see if that works. You would think connecting at home would be smoother than different networks.

JTran2003

Almost there deku. My titan is almost ready. Just need more shards and level up the chest piece I just got. Hunter on the other hand has a long way to go. Only have the boots for him. Hope hard mode is OK with a lvl 31 or I may just have to do it with my warlock...

So not only did it run counter to my elemental damage strategy it was a weapon I hated using. :

Shouldve kept it. Theres a stability perk in the first column that makes recoil more predictable... Icebreaker is worth it for ammo regen alone imo.

ocean

Banned
Has anyone rolled Timur's Lash to have Outlaw and Firefly? Like a higher-impact 331 Fatebringer (sans Arc)? Is such a thing even possible? Oh man.

Feorax

I'd be up for it, If you don't mind me grabbing the templar checkpoint on my other characters. I need that fatebringer xO

No problem. Ill be soloing the first bit in a sec, and then once that's done people can just join on me (ill set the fireteam to public).

PSN: MattIgoe.

Rubenov

I certainly hope so. I know at least half of my regular group has said if they have to upgrade and relevel all of their gear again when HoW drops, they're just going to quit playing.

Although not in your group, I'm one of these people. Bungie, I hope you're listening. Makes us play the game more by making the game player-friendly; artifically trying to extend replayability by having people have to upgrade all their stuff over again has had and will once again have the opposite effect.

I know there must be a Divsion chief or something at Bungie holding steady on these non-player friendly decisions; for those Bungie employees that disagree I hope you take him/her down.

Top Bottom