• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Holy shit, PvP has gone to absolute shit in Destiny since TDB. Lag and zero map rotation are rage inducing. Just played Firebase Delphi 4x in a row, went back to orbit and started again - FIREBASE DELPHI!

E92 M3

The thing with IB, is that it attracts people who normally never play PvP, so the overall skill level drops from shit, to impossibly shit. There was a chance, not a very high chance, but still a chance, that I could carry a shit team to victory in regular PvP, that just aint't happening in IB, especially with level advantages being on.

Pretty much...I had a 25 on my team :(. I try IB every time, and every time I just want to quit lol.

The thing with IB, is that it attracts people who normally never play PvP, so the overall skill level drops from shit, to impossibly shit. There was a chance, not a very high chance, but still a chance, that I could carry a shit team to victory in regular PvP, that just aint't happening in IB, especially with level advantages being on.

It's very different when playing solo vs. in a full fireteam. Being a random you usually get matched with other rando's or small fire teams, but being in a group of 6 matches you with larger fire teams and the competition/skill level goes way, way up. Much more exciting and challenging.

EL CUCO

Screw it. Going for atleast IB rank 4 on my 27-Hunter for the gloves.

Now that Titan is rank 5 he never has to see that place again

hydruxo

Sure even the first chest is not visible from a lamp but there are good maps out there to show you where to look. And all you have to do is look for the light on the door from a distance you don't have to walk up to each door.

In all honesty, I've done CE many times and don't even know where half the doors are. I don't really care to find them either, because 1) it's dark as shit even with brightness maxed out 2) I just wipe until I find it at one of the first 3 doors on the left. 3) the light over the door isn't as obvious as you make it seem, it's easy to see on that first couple doors but otherwise, eh not really

No reason to bother trying to go to every single other door anymore for a few radiant mats.

E92 M3

Sucks we can only hold 5 medallions. Now I just have to quit. Man fuck IB and the fucking idiots I keep getting teamed up with.

kNfZJkQ.jpg

Got Dragon's Breath from IB. Free Exotic Shard :D

Future

Man getting a devil you don't without fieldscout from a purple engram that drops like once a month... So disappointing

Low impact hand cannon with 5 round mag. Was the point to troll? No hand cannons even drop with a mag that low once you get out of green weapon territory

Deku Tree

In all honesty, I've done CE many times and don't even know where half the doors are. I don't really care to find them either, because 1) it's dark as shit even with brightness maxed out 2) I just wipe until I find it at one of the first 3 doors on the left. 3) the light over the door isn't as obvious as you make it seem, it's easy to see on that first couple doors but otherwise, eh not really

No reason to bother trying to go to every single other door anymore for a few radiant mats.

Im just trying to offer an alternative to someone who was very frustrated trying 50 times without success on the first door.

Here is the map: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...nished_vector_map_of_lamp_room_abyss_easy_to/

First five of seven possible locations are before lamp five.

Don't usually play much PVP but it's been really enjoyable running IB with GAF. Ran with Grimlock, xplicitone and Coys group last night which was stupidly fun and light hearted, I haven't laughed that much playing a game for ages. The best bit was when we got stomped by El_Cuco and a bunch of randoms.

I'm on the verge of hitting rank 3 but can't see me having the time to hit 4 unfortunately as this will be my last night on IB before the reset. How many points is it for a win with the tempered buff today? Also <3 Thorn in the IB seems to be working out much better then Hawkmoon for me.

Glad you had fun! If you can somehow squeeze in an hour on Monday, or Sunday maybe.. The but it's 150 on the last day and if you have the emblem + shader + tempered buff, it's a huge amount. Will waist go from 3 to 4 in a good hour

Daemul

Sucks we can only hold 5 medallions. Now I just have to quit. Man fuck IB and the fucking idiots I keep getting teamed up with.

Bungie really need to add some sort of tips on how to play Control whilst you're in orbit or something, because it's really ridiculous how people don't know what they're doing. People need to learn that if you have two optimal flags points on a map, like B and C on Blind Watch for example, you shouldn't go anywhere near A. Your entire team should stay near B and C and spawn trap the opposing team at A.

Until people learn this basic stuff, IB is going to be a shitstorm until the end of time.

It's very different when playing solo vs. in a full fireteam. Being a random you usually get matched with other rando's or small fire teams, but being in a group of 6 matches you with larger fire teams and the competition/skill level goes way, way up. Much more exciting and challenging.

Yeah, IB is fun when you're in a fireteam facing another fireteam, since matches become really tactical and exciting, playing solo however, sucks balls. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

The Spear dropped for me in IB. I was like "sweet time to reroll." Then I looked at it and saw void, ambush sight, performance bonus, field scout, and outlaw. More motes for Timur's Lash! 1 more rank to go.

sgb

Is the first chest on CE still random which doorway reseting on death?? I.e. have there been any changes post patch

EL CUCO

The Spear dropped for me in IB. I was like "sweet time to reroll." Then I looked at it and saw void, ambush sight, performance bonus, field scout, and outlaw. More motes for Timur's Lash! 1 more rank to go.
Amazing roll. I spent about 40 motes and still had to settle.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay. I can help you out with the second part too. It's not going to be easy but we can get it done. Dhruv and I did it just the two of us.

Future

Bungie really need to add some sort of tips on how to play Control whilst you're in orbit or something, because it's really ridiculous how people don't know what they're doing. People need to learn that if you have two optimal flags points on a map, like B and C on Blind Watch for example, you shouldn't go anywhere near A. Your entire team should stay near B and C and spawn trap the opposing team at A.

Until people learn this basic stuff, IB is going to be a shitstorm until the end of time.

Yeah, IB is fun when you're in a fireteam facing another fireteam, since matches become really tactical and exciting, playing solo however, sucks balls. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

To be fair blind watch is a shitty map where A is worthless and that's what really needs to be in the tool tip.

The shitty thing about iron banner is the matchmaking for me. If you are solo and you see 27s and 28s on your team you know you pretty much lost if the other team is 30 and up. I feel like quitting every time

The problem is they made being under leveled completely worthless. Why did they do this? It shouldn't be about character level it should be about Attack and armor stats. That way a squishy player with low level armor (which means low character level) can still make up for it with a high level weapon and be a glass cannon.

Navy Bean

Agreed, Control with randoms is mostly a disaster. Somehow I only need about 1600 xp to reach level 5 and I can happily stop playing this...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay. I'm going to form the bridge and one of you guys takes the sword and go to the other side. Stay near the totems and we'll snipe from this side.

With the buff, that win will be a lot of rep. Also, since that spot in inventory is hardly used, you can just keep buffs if you have them for next time. Can you remember the first one where you got basically nothing for losing haha

Daemul

I hope Bungie addresses the balancing issues in the maps for Control before the next IB.

or just make it Clash next time.

Agreed. Control is a terrible choice for IB. I have no idea why it wasn't Clash from the beginning. TDM makes much more sense for what the IB is.

Ambitious

I think I'm going to have to gear a second set of raid gear for my Warlock. My current one gives me an 100% Discipline boost, which is perfect when I'm running a Sunsinger. But when I switch to Voidwalker and equip Obsidian Mind, the Intellect boost is only 18%.

Acquiring better gear - and even more so, the required radiant shards - will take an eternity. And I haven't even started upgrading my Titan's raid gear and my raid weapons. Sucks. I guess my best option is to follow the same strategy I followed when it was all about hitting 31 when the DLC was released, which is focusing solely on my Hunter and Warlock and using my Titan only to acquire materials (both radiant and planetary).

edit: Oops, I actually do have dupe raid gloves I planned to dismantle for shards. They boost Intellect by 90, which is great. But their perk is Hive Destroyer (killing Hive with a grenade a the chance to spawn an orb of light). The perk of my current gloves is Hive Striker (killing Hive with critical hits has a chance to spawn an orb of light). The latter is perfect for the abyss because of my Fatebringer. Aah, decisions.

Solo is the only viable way for me to play, unfortunately. The lag I get when in a fire team renders my PvP experience unplayable.

I have a lot of fun playing with people from GAF but it just sucks that I'm so handicapped when I do.

Top Bottom