• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Mindlog

Blind Watch.
"You've lost zone A." HOORAY!
"You've captured zone A." :\

Next map.
Blind Watch. :|
Alpha Team >:\
9w44h6f.jpg
My first drop this Iron Banner :D
Going to look up what perks I want. Definitely needs to be Arc or Void before I am satisfied. Will probably fish for final round on this one.

patchday

Blind Watch.

Next map.

Going to look up what perks I want. Definitely needs to be Arc or Void before I am satisfied. Will probably fish for final round on this one.

yo gratz!!

matmanx1

Yeah, yesterday it was crazy. My team was winning 7-8 games in a row, then some had to leave and only two of us were left. We lost 6 games in a row, while changing lobbies everytime. It really irks me to see people playing control like it was straight up TDM. Sure, kills are important but people have to know their zones, you kill to cap or to stop them from capping, never too close or too far from the hot spot. Meanwhile half of my team are running like headless chickens trying to get the 10 machine gun headshots or hiding invisible near a bush just to complete the 10 kill streak without actually helping to cap a flag. It's frustrating. Or seeing team mates wasting fists of havoc on a single lone enemy instead of saving that shit for a B flag packed with enemies.

Also, fuck nova bombs and both titan and warlock invincibility frames while doing specials. If I'm running towards you with Arc blade and I hit first I accept that while I will die too, you will as well. But seeing two classes survive this shit while hunters are wrecked is lame. They always get the priority. There was only a few times where I survived a nova bomb and only because I was way out of the radar circle radius where it hit, and still left me at one third. It's waaay too overpowered for pvp. Gunslinger is even worse, looks like they're made of paper, shotguns stopping you with one shot right after activation.

Nova bomb needs a blast radius/activate speed nerf. It's too damn op. Not salty or anything since I've done pretty well and got everything I wanted out of pvp for now, but it's kinda unbalanced right now. Don't get me wrong, golden gun and arc blade are pretty good in the right hands, but if you decide to mow some warlock or titan's lawn and they have their supers at the ready, you will die everytime cause they activate instantly and grant invincibility. It's cheap.

Hunters supers being trumped by Warlocks and Titans supers is the price they pay for having a super that is mobile. It's far easier to string together kills with either Hunter super than it is with a Titan or a Voidwalker just because they can move around and pick their targets. Checks and balances, you know? Of course, don't talk to me about Sunsingers and their grenade spamming ways. I'm not sure where they fit in to that "balance" equation.

Yeah, IB is fun when you're in a fireteam facing another fireteam, since matches become really tactical and exciting, playing solo however, sucks balls. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

lol yeah, exactly. I will never play a rando match of Crucible again. But I have a lot of fun on Gaffer teams, especially during IB when the matches become much more tactical like you said.

I can't do the rando-run-around-randomness of a Crucible Clusterfuck that this game is outside of fire teams, one of the worst PvP games I've ever played when it's like that.

Blind Watch.

Next map.

The Spear is amazing. It has the highest damage of all sniper rifles, matched only by Black Hammer.

I wanted Arc + spray and play (fast relaod on empty mag) + armor piercing + last round but got high caliber rounds/field scout instead of AP which was depressing but the chances of getting all four of my wishes is really low and mote costly so i settled with what I have. Bonus side is that field scout makes it a bit more pve friendly. I took it into the nightfall fully maxed and pulled of a 16K last round headshot on the fallen sniper during the first part of Devil's Lair.

Really love it, but can't help but lament a little at not getting AP which can go through walls...But I got a second Spear and will save my motes for the next IB. :D

Ambitious

Pretty sure I've never seen an exotic drop in the Crucible before. And now two in three matches? Wow. Second one was mine, a Patience and Time.

Namikaze1

Got a Void Efrideet's Spear in my last Iron Banner match for now.
Perks:
Mulligan
Send It
High Caliber Rounds
Custome Optics
Performance Bonus

Born2Live

Glad you had fun! If you can somehow squeeze in an hour on Monday, or Sunday maybe.. The but it's 150 on the last day and if you have the emblem + shader + tempered buff, it's a huge amount. Will waist go from 3 to 4 in a good hour

I'll have to see if I can get on for a couple of hours on Monday if I don't make it tonight. The gloves aren't really a necessity as I already have the raid gloves, just playing for the experience and hopefully a spear drop.

Sucks we can only hold 5 medallions. Now I just have to quit. Man fuck IB and the fucking idiots I keep getting teamed up with.

Then why do you play with randoms? Everyone who is always bitching about it maybe you should stop playing with randoms so you won't have to come here and sound like elitist assholes. So sick of this man..

purg3

slept with Malkin
LOL, I just got a Bronzed Chasma blue shotgun that has full auto and hand loaded. The range is already crazy for a shotgun and the impact...This will be fun to use in regular crucible haha.

EL CUCO

LOL, I just got a Bronzed Chasma blue shotgun that has full auto and hand loaded. The range is already crazy for a shotgun and the impact...This will be fun to use in regular crucible haha.
It's insane. I've gotten killed by ridiculous ranges with that thing.

I'll have to see if I can get on for a couple of hours on Monday if I don't make it tonight. The gloves aren't really a necessity as I already have the raid gloves, just playing for the experience and hopefully a spear drop.

Did you max out your gloves already? If you haven't or if they lack intellect, it'll save you 7/14/21 Radiant shards. Otherwise yea, a Spear drop would be nice.

E92 M3

Then why do you play with randoms? Everyone who is always bitching about it maybe you should stop playing with randoms so you won't have to come here and sound like elitist assholes. So sick of this man..

No one is online and I am on Xbox. Secondly, I am not an elitist, but it is frustrating to be teamed with 26s that have no idea what they're doing.

I've fared pretty well with randoms in IB. Unfortunately its Control itself I cant stomach much of.

If I get 2-3 medallions with randoms, I'll save IB for gaf train at that point. But yea surprisingly I've had decent luck with randoms as well. Maybe about 40-50%. But the fun factor isn't there solo. And I'd say with a few different GAF trains yesterday not to mention people dropping in and out (essentially quite a few new teams) , I went probably 80% wins. It helps a ton to have a full group of 6 that can communicate. We noticed when we rolled with 4-5 fireteam, the 1-2 randoms made a significant difference. Mostly because of communication since they'd either wander solo or cap A.

-Mikey-

Hi Destiny-gaf

I just hit 25 and I'm looking for other players that would help with the weekly heroic strikes, level 26 strikes and VoG on normal. I've been playing solo till this point and need others to get the next couple levels.

PSN: Clown-Prince

Should be on most of the weekend!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dhruv, Drizz and I took on Crota and beat him. I think the team we have now should be able to get it done. We have everything down except the DPS.

cilonen

Apologies in advance, but I've been trying to create an accurate picture of the Destiny universe in my head and I just can't.

We all agree there are issues with the story, but I can't even tie basic threads together and the Grimoire doesn't help either.

Theoretical questions as I doubt Bungie even knows these at this point:

Where did the Fallen come from? Where did the Cabal come from? Are these two enemies, taken together "The Darkness"?

Both of these are fighting the Vex, who have mastered time travel, can hold our reality in their central processing matrix accurately enough to create hyper-realistic simulations of the world to predict what we, (and presumably the Fallen and the Cabal) will do (vex research Grimoire cards). The Vex seem to have come across "The Darkness" at some point and begun worshipping it as they couldn't begin to understand it.

If this is true, the Fallen and the Cabal can't be armies of "The Darkness" as why would they fight the Vex?

We knew about the Vex on Venus and were studying them during the Golden Age, yet when "The Darkness" came it was completely unknown to us at the time (Rasputin's contact log Grimoire cards).

At this point I don't think even Hideo Kojima could tie this together into something meaningful. Has anyone come up with some way that this all fits together and makes sense to them?

Top Bottom