• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Rixa

Is it normal to get ass shards from chest? My first time :0.

Assshardchest.PNG

EL CUCO

Timur's Lash:
-Spray n Play (fast reload with empty mag)
-Field Scout, Flared Magwell, Perfect Balance
-Luck in the chamber

Efreedet's Spear (Void)
-Rodeo (reduces the severity of recoil)
-Snapshot, Armor piercing, Custom Optics
-Firefly

I think Timur's Lash set up is a keeper, but I need a Sniper rifle connosiour's opinion on the Spear.

rNilla

Completed the Daily using only an unleveled TLW (first perk is enabled) and Gunslinger abilities. Who says this gun sucks in PVE?

Sulik2

Well Bungie would say that you are cheesing the chest. Supposed to go through with a fireteam and find it while walking from lamp to lamp.

And no raid group wants to waste an hour getting a chest.you can run the raid Yun the same amount of time it takes to get the chest. Stupid design decision

Deku Tree

And no raid group wants to waste an hour getting a chest.you can run the raid Yun the same amount of time it takes to get the chest. Stupid design decision

I agree a lot of raid groups skip the chest but if you have a competent group it takes less than 15 minutes to run through the first section of the raid and get the hidden chest.

With the release of the hard raid and the forthcoming glut of radiant mats people are going to mostly just not even bother with that chest at all anymore IMO.

In fact I bet in a few more weeks many groups around here are only going to be doing Deathsinger + Crota and possibly skipping the entire first part of the raid.

Daemul

I am lucky if I can win 1 match in 6.

The thing with IB, is that it attracts people who normally never play PvP, so the overall skill level drops from shit, to impossibly shit. There was a chance, not a very high chance, but still a chance, that I could carry a shit team to victory in regular PvP, that just aint't happening in IB, especially with level advantages being on.

matmanx1

Completed the Daily using only an unleveled TLW (first perk is enabled) and Gunslinger abilities. Who says this gun sucks in PVE?

It definitely does not suck and it is a lot of fun to use. But the range is limited and the magazine is on the small side. If you can work around the limitations you are still going to be able to kill very quickly because you are still doing a lot of damage per shot.

zewone

Timur's Lash:
-Spray n Play (fast reload with empty mag)
-Field Scout, Flared Magwell, Perfect Balance
-Luck in the chamber

Efreedet's Spear (Void)
-Rodeo (reduces the severity of recoil)
-Snapshot, Armor piercing, Custom Optics
-Firefly

I think Timur's Lash set up is a keeper, but I need a Sniper rifle connosiour's opinion on the Spear.
The spear needs Field Scout. Ammo mag and reserves are too low otherwise. The spear is not great for PVP, so I would focus on more beneficial PVE perks. I really just wanted a Void sniper with field scout and Ambush scope so that's what I went for. Ended up getting Performance Bonus and Firefly which aren't terrible.

EL CUCO

The spear needs Field Scout. Ammo mag and reserves are too low otherwise. The spear is not great for PVP, so I would focus on more beneficial PVE perks. I really just wanted a Void sniper with field scout and Ambush scope so that's what I went for. Ended up getting Performance Bonus and Firefly which aren't terrible.
I had field scout on an earlier build but all the other perks were redundant. It's alot harder rolling a Sniper when you're looking for a specific element...

I'm gonna give it another go and try to nab Field Scout again and forget the other perks even exist lol

Edit: I'm looking definitely looking for a PVE buld.

Ateron

The thing with IB, is that it attracts people who normally never play PvP, so the overall skill level drops from shit, to impossibly shit. There was a chance, not a very high chance, but still a chance, that I could carry a shit team to victory in regular PvP, that just aint't happening in IB, especially with level advantages being on.

Yeah, yesterday it was crazy. My team was winning 7-8 games in a row, then some had to leave and only two of us were left. We lost 6 games in a row, while changing lobbies everytime. It really irks me to see people playing control like it was straight up TDM. Sure, kills are important but people have to know their zones, you kill to cap or to stop them from capping, never too close or too far from the hot spot. Meanwhile half of my team are running like headless chickens trying to get the 10 machine gun headshots or hiding invisible near a bush just to complete the 10 kill streak without actually helping to cap a flag. It's frustrating. Or seeing team mates wasting fists of havoc on a single lone enemy instead of saving that shit for a B flag packed with enemies.

Also, fuck nova bombs and both titan and warlock invincibility frames while doing specials. If I'm running towards you with Arc blade and I hit first I accept that while I will die too, you will as well. But seeing two classes survive this shit while hunters are wrecked is lame. They always get the priority. There was only a few times where I survived a nova bomb and only because I was way out of the radar circle radius where it hit, and still left me at one third. It's waaay too overpowered for pvp. Gunslinger is even worse, looks like they're made of paper, shotguns stopping you with one shot right after activation.

Nova bomb needs a blast radius/activate speed nerf. It's too damn op. Not salty or anything since I've done pretty well and got everything I wanted out of pvp for now, but it's kinda unbalanced right now. Don't get me wrong, golden gun and arc blade are pretty good in the right hands, but if you decide to mow some warlock or titan's lawn and they have their supers at the ready, you will die everytime cause they activate instantly and grant invincibility. It's cheap.

Rhaegar

First CE clear last night-- got the Titan chest and Black Hammer. Ran it withna fun group from LFGnet. A week ago I wouldn't have dreamed I would get the Hammer and IB in the same day. Praise be to RNGesus!

Also working on getting more comfortable in all roles in VOG. Really wishing I had jumped into that raid more before the DLC arrived. Once I jacked up the screen brightness in-game so I could see where the hell I was going, it became a lot more fun.

Today- Iron Banner on XB1!

Deku Tree

I always spend 100% of my motes on Exotic engrams.
I have about 100 now. Hopefully Xur sells exotic engrams next week,
and I hope I can buy at least five.
In the worst case I'll have five new exotic shards.

I agree a lot of raid groups skip the chest but if you have a competent group it takes less than 15 minutes to run through the first section of the raid and get the hidden chest.

With the release of the hard raid and the forthcoming glut of radiant mats people are going to mostly just not even bother with that chest at all anymore IMO.

In fact I bet in a few more weeks many groups around here are only going to be doing Deathsinger + Crota and possibly skipping the entire first part of the raid.

I don't think you can see the doors from the lamps. That means that you have to wander in the dark with the weight of darkness slowing you down to find it legit. I get lost and have never been able to find it past the third door.

That said, it is possible. GraveRobber found it in the fifth or sixth door.

Sullichin

This.

You have to be extremely lucky to find a roll that is exactly what you want.
Yeah when Efrideet's was on sale I bought two, one to reforge, the vendor version a backup if I didn't get any good rolls. Very happy with Arc / Unflinching / Field Scout / Outlaw but Ideally I'd have Ambush instead of Tacsys sights.

rNilla

Since yesterday half the time I go to the Tower I get a white screen and have to blindly go to Orbit and try again or I get a black screen and it takes a while to load. What gives?

Deku Tree

I don't think you can see the doors from the lamps. That means that you have to wander in the dark with the weight of darkness slowing you down to find it legit. I get lost and have never been able to find it past the third door.

That said, it is possible. GraveRobber found it in the fifth or sixth door.

Sure even the first chest is not visible from a lamp but there are good maps out there to show you where to look. And all you have to do is look for the light on the door from a distance you don't have to walk up to each door.

EL CUCO

HOLY CRAP.

Got Field Scout and kept Void on my first re-roll. The other perks are mainly ammunition bonuses like Surplus and Mulligan but for PVE I think it'll do :D

Thanks, Zewone!

Edit: Top page for top tier Guardian :p

Sullichin

HOLY CRAP.

Got Field Scout and kept Void on my first re-roll. The other perks are mainly ammunition bonuses like Surplus and Mulligan but for PVE I think it'll do :D

Thanks, Zewone!

Edit: Top page for top tier Guardian :p
It's a better PVE sniper than PVP anyway. The rate of fire is low

Top Bottom