• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Depends on if you want to use it for PvP or PvE. PvP you're going to want something like Outlaw/Perfect Balance/ Luck in the Chamber or Final Round. PvE you're going to want Outlaw/Field Scout/Crowd Control.

My roll came close.

I got spray and play, luck in the chamber, and the middle tree I have field scout and perfect balance available.

forrest

formerly nacire
Sadly, I find I do much much better with randoms.

I'm just not good enough for a GAF group. Matchmaking always seems to pair up our full group with another well organized group - and I just can't compete.

When I go solo the randoms are as disorganized as my team, and I find I am good enough to usually be at the top of the board in that scenario. It's weird, but it's a thing.

So if anyone wants me on their group I will usually go, but just know what you're getting.

I guess somebody has to be at the bottom of the board :)

I've had good luck with randoms in the past, but it's always a crap shoot and today was just a string of bad luck in which ppl I got paired with. Went up against some teams that had 5 and 4 from a clan so you can guess how that went. Managed to hit rank 4 though and I have five coins to redeem later tonight. :)

I had a rocket launcher drop with tripod in the middle tree. Is it really not possible to get tracking as well?

Hard to say just yet, but my initial impression is the tracking perk is the top level tracking, much better than hunger of crota.

And they aren't exotics like Giggidyhorn or Dusty Truth.

The only serious shortcoming I see with it is 1 rocket in the chamber if you reforge and want tracking. Tracking seems to go in the slot where the tripod perk could go.

I think you can get field scout which usually goes in the middle tree. I think I saw someone post an IB launcher with field scout but I'm not sure

anyone willing to run this 30 hunter through crota abyss? gonna delete it for a warlock and want to do as much as possible before deletion

PSN FloroBear

Sooo, should I buy TFWPKY? Will it make me stop using Fatebringer?

I bought The Chance from FWC and I've been using that during CE instead of fatebringer cause the 331 attack means I do more damage on higher level enemies. Has the same impact and ROF as fatebringer and has field scout which is cool but the range is kind of shitty on it. Does have spray and play which gives it decent reload speed when mag is empty. You just have to learn to let the mag run out instead of reloading after precision kills with fatebringer (outlaw). Overall I'm happy though cause I haven't gotten a decent 331 hand cannon drop yet so it'll do for now.

I think you can get field scout which usually goes in the middle tree. I think I saw someone post an IB launcher with field scout but I'm not sure

Right you are.

In fact, one of my launchers (I got three of them, one for each elemental damage type) has these perks:

- Tripod
- Field scout
- Clown cartridge

Honestly, I don't know what to expect regarding capacity if I turn on all three of these things. Combine that with extra ammo perk from boots. Hmm.

spyder_ur

I wanted to believe. ;-;

Anything I should use my marks on then?

I'm loving the Rapier. Used it during the Crota fight yesterday and it's great for that fight, from the beginning with knights and acolytes to thinning out thralls with firefly to helping on boomers. Highly recommend.

Right you are.

In fact, one of my launchers (I got three of them, one for each elemental damage type) has these perks:

- Tripod
- Field scout
- Clown cartridge

Honestly, I don't know what to expect regarding capacity if I turn on all three of these things. Combine that with extra ammo perk from boots. Hmm.

Since Bungie won't allow stacking anymore you'll probably get 3 in the shell and 8 rocket total.

I bought The Chance from FWC and I've been using that during CE instead of fatebringer cause the 331 attack means I do more damage on higher level enemies. Has the same impact and ROF as fatebringer and has field scout which is cool but the range is kind of shitty on it. Does have spray and play which gives it decent reload speed when mag is empty. You just have to learn to let the mag run out instead of reloading after precision kills with fatebringer (outlaw). Overall I'm happy though cause I haven't gotten a decent 331 hand cannon drop yet so it'll do for now.

Only faction I have rank 3+ on my Hunter is Dead Orbit and he's still selling the same shite, but thanks.
If you like Firefly you might like the Rapier.

Edit: the crucible vendor rapier has been called a Fatebringer scout rifle (without elemental damage)

Alright, you convinced me. I got one from a drop, but it's not nearly as good as the vendor one.

I'm loving the Rapier. Used it during the Crota fight yesterday and it's great for that fight, from the beginning with knights and acolytes to thinning out thralls with firefly to helping on boomers. Highly recommend.

Yeah, it looks great for vendor weapon. Decided I am going to have to slog through some PvP and grind out the 150 marks. Why does Bungie put a clearly PvE weapon in the Crucible vendor?

hydruxo

Wake me when Trials of Osiris starts

Manymonths.jpg

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Eris rank 4 now.
Halfway through the Pocket Infinity nightfall portion of the bounty.
Icebreaker 3/4 of the way leveled.

It has been a good day.

Geneijin

Not really a fan of it personally. Scout rifles do less precision damage than hand cannons generally, and since Firefly damage is based on the precision damage, Fatebringer still does more damage with Firefly at 300 dmg to trash mobs than the Satienne Rapier at 331 dmg because of that. The Satienne Rapier does more damage to high-level enemies like major units, but with 13 bullets per mag, I rather still use Fatebringer even with the decreased damage to stronger enemies. Even the Vision of Confluence with Field Scout perk didn't take that majors without blowing through most of the mag. I prefer Another NITC with Outlaw than the Satienne Rapier because it has very similar stats and 20 per mag instead of 13 per mag.

IB anyone?

going through my FL and sending invites

Im on PSN ck716

we need 3 more

PSN: ck716

Not really a fan of it personally. Scout rifles do less precision damage than hand cannons generally, and since Firefly damage is based on the precision damage, Fatebringer still does more damage with Firefly at 300 dmg to trash mobs than the Satienne Rapier at 331 dmg because of that. The Satienne Rapier does more damage to high-level enemies like major units, but with 13 bullets per mag, I rather still use Fatebringer even with the decreased damage to stronger enemies.

Join us!!!!

cilonen

I've just realised the Another NITC I got from levelling the vanguard might be a damn good roll.

Mine has Who's Next; Snapshot/Explosive Rounds/AP rounds and Firefly.

Edit: and a 20 round mag.

Top Bottom