• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

MrS

Banned
Gonna be running a Crota's End at 8:30pm UK time to get the raiding party trophy. The clan will be GAF Raiders. Add me on PSN if you're interested: Mr-Stephen

Midas

Hahaha you guys think they're actually not planning on making us regrind gear with new matts in HoW??? Might as well start mentally preparing for it because it's happening.

Yeah. Cosmic Energy or some crap. It would've been nice if they actually kept the radiant materials for raid gear, but they're probably scared that we'll have too many of them come the new raid.

Yeah. Cosmic Energy or some crap. It would've been nice if they actually kept the radiant materials for raid gear, but they're probably scared that we'll have too many of them come the new raid.

I actually wouldnt mind as long as they did don't make us regrind exotics. I think new legendary armour and mats is a given.

noomi

After many many many hours of roc strikes over the past 2 weeks an exotic finally dropped.

udEMtlt.jpg

Granted not the Hawkmoon that I've been after, it's something....

The search continues!

Manp

Hahaha you guys think they're actually not planning on making us regrind gear with new matts in HoW??? Might as well start mentally preparing for it because it's happening.

i don't mind grinding new materials for the new raid gear. i mean it's new gear (well, probably old gear with some fallen garbage strapped on) seems reasonable.

but no more exotic upgrades bullshit. that shit plus all the exotic shards people wasted in the week before they announced how the upgrading was going to work was a low blow. fool me once...

Iron Banner?

But you go from that high to the low of glimmer farming for 2 hours and suddenly you realize the game wants you to play it even when it's not even fun.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying it took 2 hours to get 40k glimmer? Were you doing normal GK by yourself? Because it should take maybe 45 minutes max if you have 3-4+ people....

But I do agree with a lot of the other stuff you are talking about, our perspective is very different from basically everyone else.

Ridwald

I actually wouldnt mind as long as they did don't make us regrind exotics. I think new legendary armour and mats is a given.

If HoW involves a new level cap (34) then you'll have a new level of Attack Power to go with it ... As they implemented the upgrade system for exotics with TdB we're pretty much Bungied on that one. this system works for them and can be ported to HoW without having to rework everything.

... Every exotic will have to go through it again, and us with it

phen0m24

Thanks for the help this weekend all. Tried to pay that forward by helping a few buddies from work get through part of CE last night - with Narmer's assistance. Thanks GK.

And sorry Doc for stealing you away for Atheon. :( doh

Also did sparrow racing with deafmedal and Comms and had a blast. Try it. Venus is a nice "track" if you will.

And sorry Doc for stealing you away for Atheon. :( doh .

haha no worries, Hawkian stomped Crota just fine without me so it worked out for the best. The wipes are always good for comedy value! That second flawless run never got off the ground last night due to scheduling issues but we'll still do it whenever we can get 5-6 people and 1-2 hours tops.

Got a group of irl friends through the whole crota raid. None of then had beaten crota before and they had only cheesed the raid up to that point. It was pretty exciting and now they have the confidence to do it! No more cheese, the high killing crota legit is too good

E92 M3

Imo, they should release HoW in May, not March like the leaked image says. They need to give us time to get over the Grind we're currently in.

Yes, one thing I agree with 100%. Let us enjoy being max level without throwing us back in the grind.

--

In terms of tomorrow's patch: I expect cheese fixes and maybe weapon balancing or something random like that. Deej didn't give us any hints, so it's probably nothing the community will be excited about lol.

BokehKing

Banned
I would like to believe they had enough time to be a little bit creative and decided to make new gear after all the grief they just got.

I mean, if we didn't refried gear, how much current gear would we have right now? None, because Bungie is too lazy to make new gear :/

First Venus story mission end cut scene, Stranger's Call.

Lauren Cohan aka the Stranger refers to Dinklebot as "little light." He takes offense and says he is a ghost.

It's supposed to be funny. It's not. So at least Bungie is self aware enough about that.

Well... I laughed a bit at the time.

I thought it was smile worthy the first time.

After 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 times of seeing that un-skipable cut scene however....

BokehKing

Banned
First Venus story mission end cut scene, Stranger's Call.

Lauren Cohan aka the Stranger refers to Dinklebot as "little light." He takes offense and says he is a ghost.

It's supposed to be funny. It's not. So at least Bungie is self aware enough about that.
Haha I guess I can easily laugh at things, I thought it was funny, cause that's all a ghost is really, a little bit of light taken from a dying traveler, light in a can

E92 M3

I found my perfect IB load out to be: Thorn, Found Verdict and Against All Odds (a machine gun of beauty). I remember getting it 3 weeks ago or and saying how good it is. Very underrated, but I prefer it like that ;)

BokehKing

Banned
I found my perfect IB load out to be: Thorn, Found Verdict and Against All Odds (a machine gun of beauty). I remember getting it 3 weeks ago or and saying how good it is. Very underrated, but I prefer it like that ;)
My perfect iron banner load out is pocket infinity and not playing with randoms

Geezus hell that is annoying

BokehKing

Banned
I found the randoms got better Sunday lol. I won at least 50% of my games, and with that I was ok. On Saturday it was atrocious until I played with a group.
I'm almost at rank 2, need to hit rank 3 so I can get the chest piece for the hunter so I can replace alpha lupi in pvp for the young akhram or whatever skull gloves are.

Then I'm done, back to control and the new smaller maps finally

boofa

Neo Member

If it is just new gear that we have to grind, I'll be okay with that. If they make us start from scratch on all existing exotics like last time, I'm done. I'll go play Dragon Age and wait for The Division to drop.

E92 M3

I'm almost at rank 2, need to hit rank 3 so I can get the chest piece for the hunter so I can replace alpha lupi in pvp for the young akhram or whatever skull gloves are.

Then I'm done, back to control and the new smaller maps finally

You should hit rank 3 with no problems at the current boost. I've actually kinda grown attached to IB. It gets fun when the matches are super close. Very fun in fact.

Btw, thoughts about Another NITC vendor version? would love to have the Rapier, but i´m not in the mood to play crucible, and i have vanguard marks to burn.

Top Bottom