• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Acorn

I'm convinced we'll never hear new dialogue from Dinglebot.

I also realized after starting new characters that there are 6 main character voices? Wow, we'll never hear new dialogue from those either I assume.

I'm thinking each DLC will star one major voice, like the last one. And she wasn't a new voice, we've been hearing hers since launch apparently... during intro's to some of the older strikes.
Good fuck dinklebot and his phoned in va.

E92 M3

Haven't really looked at the IB Rocket Launcher, would I be able to roll it into Arc with tracking?

I don't think it's worth it with the Hunger of Crota and Gjallarhorn out there. For Arc burn, Thunderlord is super effective and for Void Truth or any good machine gun like the Corrective Measure.

Ridwald

Outside of Raids...

What is the best way to acquire Ascendant Shards?

What is the best way to acquire Ascendant Energy?

And on top of everything people told earlier you can do the Nightfall Weekly strike. It's random but you can be rewarded with a big stack of shards or energies !

I'm convinced we'll never hear new dialogue from Dinglebot.

I also realized after starting new characters that there are 6 main character voices? Wow, we'll never hear new dialogue from those either I assume.

I'm thinking each DLC will star one major voice, like the last one. And she wasn't a new voice, we've been hearing hers since launch apparently... during intro's to some of the older strikes.

I wonder if they're just gonna replace him. They need to do something better than what we got in TDB. It doesn't even make sense to have her chatting to you during a strike. Is she fucking spying on us or something?

The Undying Mind strike has a new Dinklebot line and a new intro from the girl from Firefly, so I guess it possibly cut content?

Most likely. It is only one line.

EL CUCO

I don't think it's worth it with the Hunger of Crota and Gjallarhorn out there. For Arc burn, Thunderlord is super effective and for Void Truth or any good machine gun like the Corrective Measure.
I...I don't have Thunderlord :(

I've never had an Arc RL either lol I used a Deviant LMG for Arc. Now I have the Raid LMG. I guess Ghorn would probably do more dmg than Arc heavy during arc burn anyways...
Yep I have an arc + tracking + field scout IB RL.
Oh nice!

Got a Timur's Lash with Spray and Play, Field Scout/Perfect Balance and Final Round.. Will settle with that before I run out of motes and land on a crappier roll.

Fucking hell. It's Monday and I don't have a single raid clear. Garbage. Need to at least get three CE's tonight. I know Hawkmoon and some helms are just waiting for me.

Jinjo

Yeah man, check your PSN inbox. Got it with Boguester et al on our first proper try. Should take us like 30 minutes to dust Crota and get that trophy.

I turned of notifications from the app after always getting spammed with DestinyGAF messages haha. Good on ya though! Still only need flawless, raid clan and salvage trophies too.

MrS

Banned
I turned of notifications from the app after always getting spammed with DestinyGAF messages haha. Good on ya though! Still only need flawless, raid clan and salvage trophies too.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the group and ghosts trophies tonight, then it's just the Titan and hunter ones left :/

TP-DK

Just got a roll of Timurs Lash with Return to Sender, Mulligan and Perfect Balance. Seems like this will keep the number of reloads to a minimum.

Gonna buy another Timurs Lash and see if I get something better.

EL CUCO

Just got a roll of Timurs Lash with Return to Sender, Mulligan and Perfect Balance. Seems like this will keep the number of reloads to a minimum.

You want something that'll speed up the reload because it's Thorn pre buff like, atm.

Jinjo

Hopefully I'll be able to get the group and ghosts trophies tonight, then it's just the Titan and hunter ones left :/

Ah yeah that fucking ghost trophy.

Yeah. Not gonna do that.

Reroll it. Those ammo perks don't proc nearly as often enough to make them viable. Perfect Balance is so-so too. Also what EL-CUCO said.

ocean

Banned
I'm 500 rep away from rank 4. Going to rank 5 today would be a little grindy but I'll hit 4 for sure so I can buy the class item. I had zero IB things, now I have an emblem and a shader. I'll buy the class item so I can target rank 5 next time IB comes around.

Homeboyd

What are people's plans re: loadouts for Crota hard mode? I know you guys playing crucible a lot are going to use the rapier or timur's lash, but I don't play pvp (except when I have to) so those aren't an option.

Specifically, I'm wondering about primaries. Seeing as how a fatebringer, even maxed, won't be good enough, I'm forced to look at some other options. The only other 331 primaries I have are a badger scout (with meh perks) and the up for anything, which I feel like you can't just simply bring an AR into HM Crota... then I have some 331 primary exotics as well.

Thinking of rolling thorn at 331 for most of the run with a 331 solar or void sniper (both with good perks) and a 331 hunger of crota RL. Also have black hammer, but haven't used rad energy to max it yet. Want to see if they fix it first. Can always switch to 331 ice breaker at any time as well as 331 gjallar, but that'll leave me stuck with the badger or up for anything as a primary.

Those of you not running rapier or timur's for a primary, what are you planning on using?

Jinjo

Because they made the hard raid a higher level than the level cap.

I guess.

Yeah, I think that's the reason too. So you hit them equally hard, but they damage you more. The one-level difference is exactly the weapon damage increase if I am correct. Really dumb decision imo. And putting the responsibility on the playerbase for that is even more ridiculous. They should have just changed the numbers behind the scenes and made all weapons hit 10% harder, without actually changing the attack numbers and making us grind the whole thing all over again. If they continue this trend this way, I'm out

E92 M3

Ah yeah that fucking ghost trophy.

Yeah. Not gonna do that.

Reroll it. Those ammo perks don't proc nearly as often enough to make them viable. Perfect Balance is so-so too. Also what EL-CUCO said.

I did the Ghost trophy by putting on a podcast/music and just "doing it." I know the concept is annoying, but once you start it'll be over before you know it.

I'm 500 rep away from rank 4. Going to rank 5 today would be a little grindy but I'll hit 4 for sure so I can buy the class item. I had zero IB things, now I have an emblem and a shader. I'll buy the class item so I can target rank 5 next time IB comes around.

Get to 5; it'll go by very quickly with 150%, bounties and IB items equipped. 1-2 hours max.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Back to 300 glimmer from 25k. VoG here I come lol. I bought both Timur's Lash and Radegast's Fury. The RL is void but it has tracking and field scout so I'm kinda satisfied with that. HC has Outlaw and Feeding Frenzy but no field scout.

ocean

Banned
What are people's plans re: loadouts for Crota hard mode? I know you guys playing crucible a lot are going to use the rapier or timur's lash, but I don't play pvp (except when I have to) so those aren't an option.

Specifically, I'm wondering about primaries. Seeing as how a fatebringer, even maxed, won't be good enough, I'm forced to look at some other options. The only other 331 primaries I have are a badger scout (with meh perks) and the up for anything, which I feel like you can't just simply bring an AR into HM Crota... then I have some 331 primary exotics as well.

Thinking of rolling thorn at 331 for most of the run with a 331 solar or void sniper (both with good perks) and a 331 hunger of crota RL. Also have black hammer, but haven't used rad energy to max it yet. Want to see if they fix it first. Can always switch to 331 ice breaker at any time as well as 331 gjallar, but that'll leave me stuck with the badger or up for anything as a primary.

Those of you not running rapier or timur's for a primary, what are you planning on using?
I have a Hawkmoon I'll replace Fatebringer with. I'll swap out Light of the Abyss and LDR depending on the section and rock Hunger of Crota.

I do need a good 331 Legendary primary though. Hawkmoon will take a back seat once I buy the Saterienne Rapier (missing 50 Crucible Marks) so I can use my Ice Breaker.

Homeboyd

I have a Hawkmoon I'll replace Fatebringer with. I'll swap out Light of the Abyss and LDR depending on the section and rock Hunger of Crota.

I do need a good 331 Legendary primary though. Hawkmoon will take a back seat once I buy the Saterienne Rapier (missing 50 Crucible Marks) so I can use my Ice Breaker.
Yeah I suppose if Bungie didn't hate Xbox, I could use a hawkmoon as well. Still got another 8 months or so before I can pick that one up.

ocean

Banned
Yeah I suppose if Bungie didn't hate Xbox, I could use a hawkmoon as well. Still got another 8 months or so before I can pick that one up.
If you're not into Crucible you could buy Another NITC or the Badger. They're pretty solid Scout Rifles from what I've heard.

Hyun Sai

Come on lol. You really think you will simply pick Hawkmoon up when countless of PS4 players couldn't drop it ? By the time it comes on Xbox, they likely won't have it neither.

Better start your sacrifice to RNG God.

Midas

I'll use the Fatebringer if you can one shot the thralls with it. If not, I'm not sure. Timur's Lash perhaps or Bad Juju + Obsidian Mind. It'll be an interesting experience.

Top Bottom