• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

EL CUCO

How good is perfect balance on Timur's? I bought two and rerolled a few times, have outlaw, perfect, and luck on mine and was thinking about keeping that. have another with outlaw, field scout, and forgot-last-one but not sure if I would rather have perfect balance or field scout.

it sucks having to level em both to compare. This is all just for PVE, for PVP I roll with my thorn usually.

I see a few people mention firefly, you cannot get Firefly on Timur's Lash it is exclusive to fatebringer on handcannons. Hope you aren't wasting your time. You can get firefly on the sniper rifle but that seems marginally useful for PVE, I guess for void nightfalls.
Perfect Balance is helping sorda helping with the godawful RoF by cutting down on the recoil animation time a bit. I'm really enjoying it.

Edit: I did another comparison... Its very very minimal. Alot less than I perceived it to be at first :/

realcZk

I've read around - Reddit and wikis - that Outlaw does not stack with other reload perks including Chain of Woe for Gunslingers. I went with Rangefinder/Field Scout/Crowd Control for his Lash.

Lash cannot have elemental damage only kinetic.

Glimmer for shard conversion, glimmer for IB weapons, glimmer for upgrades, and so on. No end in sight.

Ah, it might not stack with chain of woe then. I haven't tried. Outlaw + Feeding Frenzy still seem to stack. If flared magwell is active with one of these perks, its cancelled out by them though.

Here's an interesting video to watch if interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...did_some_speed_reloading_tests_with_a_timurs/

His conclusion was the best possible perk combination for fastest reloads on the lash were:
  • Outlaw
  • Feeding Frenzy
  • Armor with reload perk
... for a total reload time of 31 frames (~1.03 seconds)!

EDIT: Here's a video of Outlaw+FF with chain of woe x3, it seems a bit faster at a glance but might be placebo: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=ba3cda5863b54ba5&id=BA3CDA5863B54BA5!106&sff=1&v=3

Iceman829

Yeah I'm thinking fatebringer/ice breaker or black hammer/gjallarhorn or crota rockets.

Light of the abyss will be good for knights with arc shields (if that's a thing), but boomers in the tower will be a little out of reach for that. So another arc sniper might be needed there. Fatebringer would still be useful for boomers there too.

Definitely using gjallarhorn at crota. Probably ice breaker at deathsinger.

Edit: Also, I just dismantled an exotic chest that had all upgrades unlocked (not purchased), and only got 1 shard. I'm 100% all upgrades were unlocked. Did this change recently??

Unless they throw in something with a void shield the raid shouldn't be too bad besides the higher level enemies taking reduced damage. They can't increase the amount of mobs on screen as they are limited by the hardware. I would advise on copying the Crota checkpoint if he is the only way to get the primaries. That way you can shortcut the raid and hopefully get better elemental weapons before you go back through it again.

I had a rough weekend with this game. No matter how many times I posted, couldn't ever find someone to run IB with so I had to play with randoms (only rank 3 now) and that became frustrating as hell. To the point that I didn't play last night and watched a movie instead. Also couldn't find enough folks to run the Nightfall and weekly with my Titan so that never got done.

Not sure if it's even worth trying to play IB tonight or just not play it at all.
I still need a Nightfall, and I'll help out on the Weekly (I'll bring Weapons of Light/Glasshouse). Should be on tonight.

coy

Ah, it might not stack with chain of woe then. I haven't tried. Outlaw + Feeding Frenzy still seem to stack. If flared maxwell is active with one of these perks, its cancelled out by them though.

Here's an interesting video to watch if interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...did_some_speed_reloading_tests_with_a_timurs/

His conclusion was the best possible perk combination for fastest reloads on the lash were:
  • Outlaw
  • Feeding Frenzy
  • Armor with reload perk

Interesting. I wanted Outlaw/FS/CC and got of 2 of 3 (no FS) so I gave that one to my Warlock. I might buy a 3rd Lash now. More glimmer needed. :(

Ah, it might not stack with chain of woe then. I haven't tried. Outlaw + Feeding Frenzy still seem to stack. If flared magwell is active with one of these perks, its cancelled out by them though.

• Outlaw
  • Feeding Frenzy
  • Armor with reload perk

... for a total reload time of 31 frames (~1.03 seconds)

So I have two lashes. One with spray and play, field scout, and perk where final bullet kill increases reload.

Other has spray and play, third eye, and explosive rounds.

Which one would you choose?

I also have a Badger that dropped from a Vanguard package. Luck in the chamber, flared magwell, and firefly. May be my new go to gun. Awesome perks.

Haha I was actually watching you re roll timurs last night. It would update on my screen in real time so I could see every time you re rolled. You got one with spray and play, third eye and field scout. That's exactly what I wanted. Then you re rolled it away. Ugh.

realcZk

Interesting. I wanted Outlaw/FS/CC and got of 2 of 3 (no FS) so I gave that one to my Warlock. I might buy a 3rd Lash now. More glimmer needed. :(

I'd love outlaw/fs/cc as well, just don't think I should spend any more motes (160 in the hole on this one) :p

realcZk

So I have two lashes. One with spray and play, field scout, and perk where final bullet kill increases reload.

Other has spray and play, third eye, and explosive rounds.

Which one would you choose?

I also have a Badger that dropped from a Vanguard package. Luck in the chamber, flared magwell, and firefly. May be my new go to gun. Awesome perks.

Haha I was actually watching you re roll timurs last night. It would update on my screen in real time so I could see every time you re rolled. You got one with spray and play, third eye and field scout. That's exactly what I wanted. Then you re rolled it away. Ugh.

haha yeah, i still have a knucklehead radar to level on my hunter for pvp for the always on radar, i just didn't want to use a perk on it, was pretty set on outlaw and crowd control. not too disappointed with what I settled on though

oh and id probably choose the one with field scout for pve.. might be worth leveling both if you like one in pvp though.

i dunno, i also usually never play pvp unless i have a reason (iron banner rewards), so those perks just aren't a priority for me. pvp is such a mess atm.

stb

Lash cannot have elemental damage only kinetic.

This makes me sad; it removes the dream of a void 331 FB, it makes me feel like I wasted a bunch of time playing IB, and it makes me feel stupid for having not researched it before wading into IB.

I guess I'll still get to 4 to buy the class item to make next IB easier, and I did manage to get the Spear sniper as a drop, so I guess it wasn't a total waste.

My spear has:
- void
- sightsys sls20/longview slr10/ambush slh25
- double down (chance for extra ammo on spawn)
- lightweight/armor piercing/skip rounds
- clown cartridge

I guess I should re-roll. doubledown instead of firefly or outlaw kinda wanks, and stuff without firefly just seems underpowered to me these days (I have Ice Breaker, FateBringer, and 2 scout rifles with it).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So when is that larger vault coming? I've got a bunch of new blue crucible weapons I don't want to smush. Fusion rifles with insane charge times especially.

Dave_6

I'll be playing tonight; feel free to join in. I need to grind from level 3.5 -> 5 to buy the lash.

After the raid gave me 36 light arms I told myself I wasn't gonna subject myself to banner again, but the lure of a 331 void fatebringer (void lash with firefly) is too great.

Ok great, maybe we can group up and get a few others. Only thing is the Lash has no option for the Firefly perk. FB is the only HC with that perk.

What makes it more aggravating is only getting 2 or 3 crucible marks per match. I need 150 so I can get the Rapier and I only have ~80 right now. I'll hit the limit before I get there then have to wait for the reset.

I still need a Nightfall, and I'll help out on the Weekly (I'll bring Weapons of Light/Glasshouse). Should be on tonight.

Awesome. Me and just one other (subrock, he was a 30 I think) made it to Sepiks on our 3rd or 4th attempt then wiped when he had about a 3rd of his health left. It was quite frustrating but we just couldn't find anyone else to join no matter how much we posted here.

haha yeah, i still have a knucklehead radar to level on my hunter for pvp for the always on radar, i just didn't want to use a perk on it, was pretty set on outlaw and crowd control. not too disappointed with what I settled on though

oh and id probably choose the one with field scout for pve.. might be worth leveling both if you like one in pvp though.

i dunno, i also usually never play pvp unless i have a reason (iron banner rewards), so those perks just aren't a priority for me. pvp is such a mess atm.

I have 5 motes left so I'll probably try re rolling the third eye timurs two more times to see if I can get lucky. If not, the spray and play and field scout combined with the other reload perk basically takes away the weapon's only two weaknesses.

Starting to really dislike the fact that the endgame progression for PvE and PvP are different. One thing I really loved about getting to 20 was being able to switch between the two at will, really softened the grind. Now when the grind's at its worst I gotta focus on one or the other? Kinda lame.

Yeah. And don't take the wrong flags.

There is definitely a simple strategy to Control and part of it is letting the opposing team take and control the weakest flag.

Yep. Imbalanced maps have a "poison point," more balanced maps have a "required point" (B) where it's debatable what the two best points are. Of course a good team can win without the proper points but only in spite of the map control disadvantage, which is a huge hill to climb against a decent team (lots of decent teams in IB).

For each map in IB:

Blind Watch: A = Poison

Firebase: C = Poison

Shores of Time: A = Poison
-----------------------------------------
Rusted Lands: B = Required. C is better than A imo but can go either way

Twilight Gap: B = Required. I don't have much preference on A vs C, don't be afraid to swap them if the spawns flip as long as B is held.

Acorn

Yep. Imbalanced maps have a "poison point," more balanced maps have a "required point" (B) where it's debatable what the two best points are. Of course a good team can win without the proper points but only in spite of the map control disadvantage, which is a huge hill to climb against a decent team (lots of decent teams in IB).

For each map in IB:

Twilight Gap: B = Required. I don't have much preference on A vs C, don't be afraid to swap them if the spawns flip as long as B is held.
Until some idiot decides to go for the shit flag splitting everyone up and letting the opposition back in

stb

Ok great, maybe we can group up and get a few others.

Totally down for a group, that'd make it more efficient and enjoyable.

Only thing is the Lash has no option for the Firefly perk. FB is the only HC with that perk

Ugh. No element AND no firefly? What's the point? Am I not getting something about this gun? If I have a FateBringer for PVE and TLW and Thorn for PVP, should I care about lash?

What makes it more aggravating is only getting 2 or 3 crucible marks per match. I need 150 so I can get the Rapier and I only have ~80 right now. I'll hit the limit before I get there then have to wait for the reset.

I always have a surplus of marks (crucible and vanguard); I end up buying materials just so I don't burn marks past the 200 cap. I've been super lucky with weapon drops. Everyone was grinding marks to buy Rapier, and I got a different 331 scout with firefly on day 2 of the expansion or something.

Edit: oh shit. Finally "member" status. Created my account here in 2010, after a multi-year lurking hiatus (I was very active on the old GAF forums and even contributed to the site in circa '99-'00). Feels really weird to just now being labeled a "member".

Daemul

If a shoulder charge is 1-hit kill, there is no way a throwing knife shouldn't kill in 1 as well.

black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

The difference in force between a Titan ramming like a train at full speed into someone and someone throwing a knife is not even comparable.

I'm working on getting my Titan up to 32. I've been running Ruin Wings or Armanentarium, but I can't get the raid helmet to drop. For PvE puproses, which should I level up: The Glasshouse or Helm of Saint-14?

If a shoulder charge is 1-hit kill, there is no way a throwing knife shouldn't kill in 1 as well.

Just about the distance from which you can hit people with SC vs. TK. Of course TK is a much higher skill move, especially from any decent range. SC is pretty stupid as a OHK, as if Crucible doesn't have low enough TTK across the board already.

Starting to really dislike the fact that the endgame progression for PvE and PvP are different. One thing I really loved about getting to 20 was being able to switch between the two at will, really softened the grind. Now when the grind's at its worst I gotta focus on one or the other? Kinda lame.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by the different progressions? Just the difference in Vanguard vs. Crucible rep and marks? Are you trying to get enough to buy legendary armor from the vendors?

Until some idiot decides to go for the shit flag splitting everyone up and letting the opposition back in

haha yeah... Control is one of the worst designed PvP modes I've ever played but we have to play the game they made. They were so paranoid about spawn camping that the spawns flip very easily based on player positioning. Once you have the proper points you just sit way, way back on them or else they will spawn behind you very easily.

On a Blind Watch match today I was at the B/C heavy ammo but everyone else on my team was farther ahead... and enemies started spawning behind me at C. Which is fucking stupid of the game. But you really have to sit that far back on the points and let the enemies come to you.

Trakan

Ugh. No element AND no firefly? What's the point? Am I not getting something about this gun? If I have a FateBringer for PVE and TLW and Thorn for PVP, should I care about lash?

More attack and impact, completely customizable perks.

hydruxo

I'm working on getting my Titan up to 32. I've been running Ruin Wings or Armanentarium, but I can't get the raid helmet to drop. For PvE puproses, which should I level up: The Glasshouse or Helm of Saint-14?

Definitely Saint-14. Glasshouse is average, it only extends the duration of BoL and WoL by 5 seconds, which isn't all that helpful in a raid or nightfall anyways since you're usually near the bubble as it is and can just pop in and out when you run out of the buff.

Saint-14 can get you out of plenty of tight spots, and you can solo the abyss section of CE with it.

Dave_6

Totally down for a group, that'd make it more efficient and enjoyable.

I always have a surplus of marks (crucible and vanguard); I end up buying materials just so I don't burn marks past the 200 cap. I've been super lucky with weapon drops. Everyone was grinding marks to buy Rapier, and I got a different 331 scout with firefly on day 2 of the expansion or something.

I'll run the Nightfall/weekly with Squidhands and then I'll run some IB if we can get a group together. I know you've already done it but you're welcome to help us with it if you want :)

I'm not even sure I want the Lash anymore. Thorn is my go-to PVP HC and the FB is my PVE one.

I haven't played much Crucible since two IBs ago so I had no marks to start with. I really haven't had any drops of the new Vangaurd/Crucible/Factions weapons except for a FWC shotgun and the Vanquisher VIII from New Monarchy and it doesn't have any of the good perks.

Hyun Sai

Fatebringer is a special case, like many primary raid weapons. No hand cannon can have Firefly, like no scout rifle can have full auto like Vision of Confluence.

Problem is those weapons will stay at 300.

stb

More attack and impact, completely customizable perks.

I guess a 331 high impact hand cannon that doesn't burn an exotic slot is NICE, but it seems like a "maximizing" thing, not really a game changer. If you're a HC person and play a lot of crucible, you are probably already rolling at least Thorn if not TWL or Hawkmoon.

Seems like a luxury item for the Destiny 1%ers. I guess, then, it makes total sense to this crowd. =)

Picked up a Red Death on Saturday.

Thoughts on it?

Should I concentrate on upgrading the following?

The Last Word?
Red Death?
Vex Mythos?
Is Bad Juju good now?

Please tell me which one of these id ok to scrap?

Praedyth's Timepiece? Worth upgrading to 300?

I have so many new weapons, I don't want to waste time on the garbage ones.

THX.

Saint Helm >>>>> GH for PvE

Saint helm is easily one of the best PvE exotic armors in the game, that and Praxic Fire are the Xur-GHorns of armor.

patchday

a) Titan is supposed to be a Melee class. It's already shitty that Sunlock Warlocks has just as much tank as a 'force barrier' titan. Let's not take away the only advantage Titan class has in Melee range

b) Charging Titan has to come into close range and risk a shotgun blast to the face. Hunter can stand back and throw the knife with impunity

I play both classes (both at L30) btw

Zakalwe

Banned

For each map in IB:

Without wanting to start anther silly fight about it...

Tactics in any pvp should never be rigid. If you come up against a team who understands how map control works as well as your team does, then sometimes it's best to switch your tactics and adapt instead of throwing yourselves over and over again at an entrenched position.

Obviously controlling certain points gives you an advantage, but being able to adapt on the fly is a much better skill to learn than the tunnel vision of thinking you have to cap a certain point at all costs.

Picked up a Red Death on Saturday.

Thoughts on it?

Should I concentrate on upgrading the following?

The Last Word?
Red Death?
Vex Mythos?
Is Bad Juju good now?

Please tell me which one of these id ok to scrap?

Praedyth's Timepiece? Worth upgrading to 300?

I have so many new weapons, I don't want to waste time on the garbage ones.

THX.
Its fun to use, Red Death is one of the much better pulse rifles. If you play pvp and enjoy hand cannons, then give The Last Word a spin. Its amazing for pvp. Then Vex IMO. Praedyth's Timepiece is not worth upgrading honestly. Well its can be good for arc burns however if you have fatebringer, then Praedyth's Timepiece is not worth upgrading.

Navy Bean

For each map in IB:

After finally playing some PvP in this IB to get to rank 5 it is amazing to me that people can't figure out the Poison points. It takes maybe a single match on a map, if that, to realize that certain spawns are terrible.

But, almost every game I played with randoms someone on my team would capture a third crappy point for no reason and switch spawns. Luckily, the other team usually did the same...lol.

realcZk

I have 5 motes left so I'll probably try re rolling the third eye timurs two more times to see if I can get lucky. If not, the spray and play and field scout combined with the other reload perk basically takes away the weapon's only two weaknesses.

yeah, sounds like a good bet. I'd probably roll it twice again as well. Keep what you have, as the faster reload and bigger mag mitigates its only weaknesses for sure

Please tell me which one of these id ok to scrap?.

PSA: Please specify whether you are interested mainly in PvE, PvP or both when asking for weapon and armor advice.

e.g. Red Death sucks for PvP compared to other exotic primaries like Suors and hand cannons, but it (might) be incredibly useful for CE HM if they take away all sorts of healing options.

Having fun playing Rumble destroying kids. Really want to level my Thunderlord, Corrective Measure kills kid but I'm hearing good things about Thunderlord + the increased ammo perk

Top Bottom