• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Hopefully I'll be able to get the group and ghosts trophies tonight, then it's just the Titan and hunter ones left :/

The Ghost collecting is probably the most tedious thing I've done in this game. I'd rather grind for glimmer or materials. Just use the ghost hunter site as suggested and if you haven't already picked up the ghosts from the DLC they're super quick and easy to get.

PSA Stop taking the shitty flag when we have them locked down with 2
Yeah. And don't take the wrong flags.

Oh the pain, it’s too real. I think people who aren’t into controlling a flag should go ahead and play Clash. There is definitely a simple strategy to Control and part of it is letting the opposing team take and control the weakest flag. I think people get antsy and decide they must do something instead of setting up choke points around their own flags. This allows them to desimate the opposing team when they try to take over one of the other two flags.

Oh and to continue bitching. Why can’t my Warlock grow some facial hair by now?? He could be styling like the image below if Bungie would get off their lazy butts and took care of the most pressing issue and #1 PROBLEM. ADD SOME FACIAL HAIR ALREADY!!!
tumblr_nia7pkNmDH1tr5760o1_r1_1280.jpg

Homeboyd

Come on lol. You really think you will simply pick Hawkmoon up when countless of PS4 players couldn't drop it ? By the time it comes on Xbox, they likely won't have it neither.

Better start your sacrifice to RNG God.
Nope, but I also didn't say that either. 8 months before it's even an OPTION. Though Xur could sell it sometime after it comes to Xbox as well as it is listed in his inventory.

Also (continuation of my previous discussion), reddit says a 331 exotic will deal 14.09% over it's 300 counterpart and a 331 legendary only deals 12.92% over it's 300 counterpart. Seems like my better option is to stick with a 300 fatebringer with amazing perks vs going with a 331 scout (or other primary) with shit perks and no elemental damage.

EL CUCO

Yeah I ended up reloading it and got Crowd Control, Perfect Balance and Outlaw.
That's a really good roll. I'm going with Spray n Play, Perfect Balance, luck in the chamber.

I have Field Scout on it but I want to take advantage of Luck in the chamber as much as possible, so I'm keeping it 7 bullets. Would've liked Outlaw but SnP works good enough for me.

boofa

Neo Member
I fear we're going to be under Crota's Presence for much of hard mode. If so, I guess its good I never broke down that Apotheosis Veil and Red Death I never use.

hydruxo

What are people's plans re: loadouts for Crota hard mode? I know you guys playing crucible a lot are going to use the rapier or timur's lash, but I don't play pvp (except when I have to) so those aren't an option.

Specifically, I'm wondering about primaries. Seeing as how a fatebringer, even maxed, won't be good enough, I'm forced to look at some other options. The only other 331 primaries I have are a badger scout (with meh perks) and the up for anything, which I feel like you can't just simply bring an AR into HM Crota... then I have some 331 primary exotics as well.

Thinking of rolling thorn at 331 for most of the run with a 331 solar or void sniper (both with good perks) and a 331 hunger of crota RL. Also have black hammer, but haven't used rad energy to max it yet. Want to see if they fix it first. Can always switch to 331 ice breaker at any time as well as 331 gjallar, but that'll leave me stuck with the badger or up for anything as a primary.

Those of you not running rapier or timur's for a primary, what are you planning on using?

I'm in the same position as you, I don't have a 331 legendary primary but I have plenty of 331 exotic primaries. I'll probably go with:

Primary: Hawkmoon or Suros (Health regen with suros will be handy with HM which may not have a chalice on crota)
Secondary: Black Hammer, LDR-5001, Light of the Abyss
Heavy: Hunger of Crota

Hoping I get the scout rifle or HC from hard mode

I'm in the same position as you, I don't have a 331 legendary primary but I have plenty of 331 exotic primaries. I'll probably go with:

Primary: Hawkmoon or Suros (Health regen with suros will be handy with HM which may not have a chalice on crota)
Secondary: Black Hammer, LDR-5001, Light of the Abyss
Heavy: Hunger of Crota

Hoping I get the scout rifle or HC from hard mode

I like that setup, but I still think G-Horn on Crota will be key.

Nuszka

After reading about peoples reforges for timurs lash who spent over 140+ motes and still do not have it the way they want it, i seem very happy(lucky) with mine, only took 50ish motes to get me outlaw , field scout and crowd control which i think are the best choice for pve. Not to sure about my E.spear though as it has the perks that i want with rodeo, field scout and firefly but it is arc, wanted a void one. But the chances of getting that roll with void are very slim so i might just leave it at that.

Looking for people on xbox one to blast through a crap load of iron banner this evening (GMT). Preferably people who share my passion for keeping hold of 2 areas instead of running around trying to keep all 3.

GT - Lee182jib

Born2Live

You need 3 level 32 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
jk Congrats! I do like Monte Carlo! It looks slick and is fun to play with.

Ha thanks, yeah Monte Carlo looks quite slick looking forward to getting it levelled up. 2/3 of my characters are ready for 32 just need the shards for my Hunter. No way am I grinding Eriswell though.

I know you're all tired of my beard rant, but I would respect a Hunter if he looked like this
episode42%20art%20wild%20beard.jpg

And that says a lot, because as we all know, Hunters are the cheapest class in Crucible.

Cømet

Banned
Just wasted 10k glimmer on goldspiral. Why oh why, looks absolutely naff.

Guess I'll farm more later and pick up Timur's lash then. Cba with the rocket launcher, looks incredibly average and I don't have the motes to reroll. Still trying to get the perfect spear damn it.

Iceman829

Nope, but I also didn't say that either. 8 months before it's even an OPTION. Though Xur could sell it sometime after it comes to Xbox as well as it is listed in his inventory.

Also (continuation of my previous discussion), reddit says a 331 exotic will deal 14.09% over it's 300 counterpart and a 331 legendary only deals 12.92% over it's 300 counterpart. Seems like my better option is to stick with a 300 fatebringer with amazing perks vs going with a 331 scout (or other primary) with shit perks and no elemental damage.

I have Timur's Lash, but will checkout the fatebringer on hard anyway. Thralls and Acolytes should still die easy enough. Knights and Swordbearers I use the Light of the Abyss on. G-Horn as exotic always. Don't worry too much over % numbers when every battle in this game can be beaten with enough G-Horns getting thrown at it. Fatebringer excels at trash mob clean up.

Steroyd

I know you're all tired of my beard rant, but I would respect a Hunter if he looked like this
http://www.stanleyschmidt.com/StanCAT/episode42%20art%20wild%20beard.jpg[IMG]
And that says a lot, because as we all know, Hunters are the cheapest class in Crucible.[/QUOTE]

Sunsingers scorch melee is the cheapest ability easily, Gunslingers can get shut down easily, bladedancers though...

realcZk

After 160 motes, managed to roll Outlaw, Field Scout and Feeding Frenzy on my Timur's Lash, think I'll stick with that. Outlaw stacks with Feeding Frenzy, and if you have armor that reduces reload time you can have it reload in 31 frames (even less with gunslinger), which is about one second. I wanted Crowd Control but oh well.

Colonel/GK if you read this, sorry about not joining the party, was super tired last night and needed to get to bed ASAP, just wanted to hit up the tower to see what I could roll.

I'll be on tonight if anyone needs any weekly heroics.

Dave_6

I had a rough weekend with this game. No matter how many times I posted, couldn't ever find someone to run IB with so I had to play with randoms (only rank 3 now) and that became frustrating as hell. To the point that I didn't play last night and watched a movie instead. Also couldn't find enough folks to run the Nightfall and weekly with my Titan so that never got done.

Not sure if it's even worth trying to play IB tonight or just not play it at all.

Homeboyd

I have Timur's Lash, but will checkout the fatebringer on hard anyway. Thralls and Acolytes should still die easy enough. Knights and Swordbearers I use the Light of the Abyss on. G-Horn as exotic always. Don't worry too much over % numbers when every battle in this game can be beaten with enough G-Horns getting thrown at it. Fatebringer excels at trash mob clean up.

Yeah I'm thinking fatebringer/ice breaker or black hammer/gjallarhorn or crota rockets.

Light of the abyss will be good for knights with arc shields (if that's a thing), but boomers in the tower will be a little out of reach for that. So another arc sniper might be needed there. Fatebringer would still be useful for boomers there too.

Definitely using gjallarhorn at crota. Probably ice breaker at deathsinger.

Edit: Also, I just dismantled an exotic chest that had all upgrades unlocked (not purchased), and only got 1 shard. I'm 100% all upgrades were unlocked. Did this change recently??

After using Rapier for about a week or so, I'm going back to Fatebringer again after realizing that its not just Firefly or Outlaw that makes it fun to use. FB is just so much more satisfying to use than a scout rifle.

Edit: Also, I just dismantled an exotic chest that had all upgrades unlocked (not purchased), and only got 1 shard. I'm 100% all upgrades were unlocked. Did this change recently??

Only works on weapons imo. I just dismantled fully leveled up old P&T (no materials put in) and got two shards.

stb

I had a rough weekend with this game. No matter how many times I posted, couldn't ever find someone to run IB with so I had to play with randoms (only rank 3 now) and that became frustrating as hell. To the point that I didn't play last night and watched a movie instead. Also couldn't find enough folks to run the Nightfall and weekly with my Titan so that never got done.

Not sure if it's even worth trying to play IB tonight or just not play it at all.

I'll be playing tonight; feel free to join in. I need to grind from level 3.5 -> 5 to buy the lash.

After the raid gave me 36 light arms I told myself I wasn't gonna subject myself to banner again, but the lure of a 331 void fatebringer (void lash with firefly) is too great.

Dazzler

Really hope next IB is just straight up clash

I spent the weekend raging at the idiocy of randoms in objective-based game modes

If anyone needs to glimmer farm or run hard mode VoG tonight I'm down

Suddenly I have no glimmer and a lot of things to upgrade

That's a really good roll. I'm going with Spray n Play, Perfect Balance, luck in the chamber.

I have Field Scout on it but I want to take advantage of Luck in the chamber as much as possible, so I'm keeping it 7 bullets. Would've liked Outlaw but SnP works good enough for me.

How good is perfect balance on Timur's? I bought two and rerolled a few times, have outlaw, perfect, and luck on mine and was thinking about keeping that. have another with outlaw, field scout, and forgot-last-one but not sure if I would rather have perfect balance or field scout.

it sucks having to level em both to compare. This is all just for PVE, for PVP I roll with my thorn usually.

I see a few people mention firefly, you cannot get Firefly on Timur's Lash it is exclusive to fatebringer on handcannons. Hope you aren't wasting your time. You can get firefly on the sniper rifle but that seems marginally useful for PVE, I guess for void nightfalls.

also for glimmer farmers, if you are a warlock you can farm exclusion zone with obsidian mind and get 25k glimmer in under an hour. I think titans can do this too but not sure how.
http://youtu.be/LwbjOOAT5cE

Born2Live

Jumped on the Lash rolling train and have just landed Outlaw, Field Scout, and Luck in the Chamber. Decent roll? Or does it need perfect balance?

After using Rapier for about a week or so, I'm going back to Fatebringer again after realizing that its not just Firefly or Outlaw that makes it fun to use. FB is just so much more satisfying to use than a scout rifle.

Only works on weapons imo. I just dismantled fully leveled up old P&T (no materials put in) and got two shards.

I hear you. Hand cannons in general are really satisfying in this game.

I got a Badger yesterday with luck in the chamber, flared magwell, and firefly. It's the only thing that comes close because of the highest-in-game scout rifle impact.

coy

After 160 motes, managed to roll Outlaw, Field Scout and Feeding Frenzy on my Timur's Lash, think I'll stick with that. Outlaw stacks with Feeding Frenzy, and if you have armor that reduces reload time you can have it reload in 31 frames (even less with gunslinger), which is about one second. I wanted Crowd Control but oh well.

Colonel/GK if you read this, sorry about not joining the party, was super tired last night and needed to get to bed ASAP, just wanted to hit up the tower to see what I could roll.

I'll be on tonight if anyone needs any weekly heroics.

I've read around - Reddit and wikis - that Outlaw does not stack with other reload perks including Chain of Woe for Gunslingers. I went with Rangefinder/Field Scout/Crowd Control for his Lash.

I'll be playing tonight; feel free to join in. I need to grind from level 3.5 -> 5 to buy the lash.

After the raid gave me 36 light arms I told myself I wasn't gonna subject myself to banner again, but the lure of a 331 void fatebringer (void lash with firefly) is too great.

Lash cannot have elemental damage only kinetic.

Glimmer for shard conversion, glimmer for IB weapons, glimmer for upgrades, and so on. No end in sight.

Hiko

Banned
You know it really confuses me how Bungie is handling the legendary gear. The game already has a tiny loot table compared to other loot games, so why eliminate wholesale the entire legendary arsenal pre-DLC? They should be adding weapons, not replacing them. Just give a way to upgrade old legendaries to 331 via the quartermasters while still keeping them in the loot table.

Top Bottom