• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Right, so what happens if you're up against a team who have the best positions entrenched and you've tried co-ordinated efforts to retake it to no avail?

If your team can't manage that, then you are going to lose, guaranteed. For our Firebase match, we never had a coordinated push and then obviously the round derailed completely due to our disagreement. Everyone gets 80% of the rep next time they win, so no worries. It's better to lose faster at that point, haha.

And sometimes you can use the fact /know/ the other team will be rushing a specific point to your advantage.

You use this fact all the time, but from the correct map control positions with two points held. Or else you have to get so many more kills than the other team that it's unlikely to work. Agree to disagree at this point it seems. I can't agree with any Firebase strat that involves capping + sitting on C.

Control sucks as a game mode. If the momentum starts rolling against you, it's very hard to stop (map control--> more kills --> more points for those kills --> more supers --> more kills --> more heavy --> more supers --> etc. etc. etc.). Interrogation in The Last of Us is a much better design: if one team gets ahead, the game becomes harder for them, not easier, which allows the other team to catch up and be competitive.

---------------------------------------
We know each other's personalities pretty well by now, and I certainly admit to being headstrong (as you put it during the match) and abrasive (as others have put it around here, ha) at times. "Passionate" is a more charitable way to put it, if people are so inclined (
thanks Lik :p
). But I'm also loyal to my people, and you are most certainly one of "my people" so I don't want any silly strat disagreement to get in the way of that. So I just logged off for now to prevent any further escalation but will most definitely be down to play anytime you feel like it. I <3 DGAF.

By the way, whoever suggested to turn off the "directly connect to ps4" Remote Play option is AWESOME!

It works so well now, and both devices are on wifi.

@LordOfPwn - try it if you haven't.

Bogeypop

So this has been happening for the passed few days or so. Everytime I pop a Heavy Weapon Ammo Synthesis it just uses it up without actually giving me ammo. Only thing I can think of being the problem is that my consumables are full so unless I had a free spot I don't get the Heavy Ammo or something? But I don't think it's been doing this for Special Weapon Ammo Synthesis though.

Born2Live

Stop!!!

That's borderline perfect. You want filed scout. 13 bullet mag. Plus reload and luck in the chamber?? Keep it.

Awesome, got it on my third roll. That's my legendary HC sorted then. Hit rank 3 on Crucible so I've finally managed to get my hands on the Saterienne Rapier wooooo. Feels like I've made some good progress this week in Destiny. Just need to farm glimmer to get my gear upgraded and buy the IB gloves.

Homeboyd

So this has been happening for the passed few days or so. Everytime I pop a Heavy Weapon Ammo Synthesis it just uses it up without actually giving me ammo. Only thing I can think of being the problem is that my consumables are full so unless I had a free spot I don't get the Heavy Ammo or something? But I don't think it's been doing this for Special Weapon Ammo Synthesis though.
Yep, known bug for a long time. You have to have at least one slot open on your consumables for the synths to work.

Bogeypop

Yep, known bug for a long time. You have to have at least one slot open on your consumables for the synths to work.

Fix the bug or give me more Vault space then, Bungie! Vault and Consumables are already full of hundreds of Heavy and Special Ammo Synthesis.

Easier said than done, even if you have the advantageous control points you can still fall victim to the spawn points which feel like RNG at times.

Not RNG (surprising for this game, I know), but rather very sensitive. Spawn points are based on player positions and can flip very, very easily if people push even a little bit too far forward. Always want to make sure people sit way back to prevent that and let them come into your kill boxes.

Like I posted a minute ago, having me at the BWatch B/C heavy and everyone else in front of me was not enough to prevent them spawning behind me at C.

Yeah, that's right. Ideally when grinding for the the vendor stuff, which is apparently the next thing one does after 20 to get to the raids, I'd be able to swap between PvP playlists and strike playlists and public events and sstuff. But now I just gotta grind PvP if I want my FWC gear. Oh well, at least the Vanguard marks I get from the occasional Roc strike can be used to buy upgrade mats

Yeah the fact that factions take both Vanguard and Crucible rep... but not marks... is still one of the crucial design flaws in this game. Who knows if or when they will fix it, makes 0 sense. If you only want to do PvE, I'd recommend not using the faction class armor and just putting all your Vanguard rep into the actual Vanguard vendor. The difference in stats (i.e. FWC has Int/Dsc) is negligible compared to your actual light level.

Sure, it will take longer to grind pure Vanguard rep compared to Factions, but grinding Vanguard marks is sooooo much faster than Crucible marks. PvE and PvP are extremely different experiences, many people interested in/good at one will not feel the same about the other.

I feel some regret, blew 130 motes going for the perfect timur's roll. I'm out of motes now and have hip fire and mulligan....

I'll go ahead and post this PSA again: Keep the first Timurs you roll that is decent-to-good. Then buy another one and roll it into the ground looking for "perfection" if you are inclined. Use a glimmer farm around here, 11500 glimmer takes maybe 15 minutes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Iron Banner?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying it took 2 hours to get 40k glimmer? Were you doing normal GK by yourself? Because it should take maybe 45 minutes max if you have 3-4+ people....

But I do agree with a lot of the other stuff you are talking about, our perspective is very different from basically everyone else.
Yeah, the number of people we had shifted around for a while. Even if it's 45 minutes, that's like 3 matches of IB we could have played... or 45 minutes of anything else. lol

Keep getting "Cannot join the party. please try again later."
You probably need to reset your router/modem. That's PSN being PSN.

E92 M3

I am expecting this patch to have some unwanted changes. My thoughts are based on the fact that Deej didn't hint anything in the update. Best case scenario would be just cheese fixes.

Homeboyd

Fix the bug or give me more Vault space then, Bungie! Vault and Consumables are already full of hundreds of Heavy and Special Ammo Synthesis.
Apparently the heavy ammo bugs are super difficult to deal with and can/will cause a bunch of other issues if "fixed" right now. Yeah...

The SR actually requires multiple shots in places where FB can OHK with critical explode which has been a big downer for me. For eg when farming glimmer at Exclusion Zone at lvl 18, the first trash mob requires 2 headshots with Rapier but FB can make them explode with one. I have used both maxed weapons (and maxed Badger) in Crota, and I'd rather use Badger if I had to use a scout.

Also it might be a personal thing, but I can consistently hit critical with FB, but just can't do it with Rapier. Probably has something to do with sights.
Also the 331 extra damage does not come into play until you are fighting level 22+ enemies (not sure why it has to be 22+ instead of 20, but the tests on Reddit confirmed this.) So you'll need to be doing the daily or weekly or Nightfall or raid to see a difference from the extra attack rating.

If your team can't manage that, then you are going to lose, guaranteed. For our Firebase match, we never had a coordinated push and then obviously the round derailed completely due to our disagreement. Everyone gets 80% of the rep next time they win, so no worries. It's better to lose faster at that point, haha.

You use this fact all the time, but from the correct map control positions with two points held. Or else you have to get so many more kills than the other team that it's unlikely to work. Agree to disagree at this point it seems. I can't agree with any Firebase strat that involves capping + sitting on C.

Control sucks as a game mode. If the momentum starts rolling against you, it's very hard to stop (map control--> more kills --> more points for those kills --> more supers --> more kills --> more heavy --> more supers --> etc. etc. etc.). Interrogation in The Last of Us is a much better design: if one team gets ahead, the game becomes harder for them, not easier, which allows the other team to catch up and be competitive.

---------------------------------------
We know each other's personalities pretty well by now, and I certainly admit to being headstrong (as you put it during the match) and abrasive (as others have put it around here, ha) at times. "Passionate" is a more charitable way to put it, if people are so inclined (
thanks Lik :p
). But I'm also loyal to my people, and you are most certainly one of "my people" so I don't want any silly strat disagreement to get in the way of that. So I just logged off for now to prevent any further escalation but will most definitely be down to play anytime you feel like it. I <3 DGAF.

Omg, I loved TLOU MP. I missed out on ps3's but wow was it intense for ps4.

On that note, coordinating when/where we will use supers helps a ton! There were a few matches where we did that and we were using supers nonstop for a good few minutes which helped pull away. 2 out of 3 points capped and having a "super" spree goes a long ways. We would say when each person had their bubble or golden gun, and where they were using it or when.

I just know MOST of the time, having 2 points with ~3 people per point to defend and have nobody go towards the opponent's single point, super off of each other. It works pretty well. It's when your down 1-2 captures that really makes coordination even more important. Everyone should go for the non-B point for the respective map, usually C. A lot of the time it'll get split, like 1-2 people will go somewhere else and most likely die. Or even if you split 3-3, they have their defenses held so you usually need more people to rush one of the points to throw them off, imo.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
I'll go ahead and post this PSA again: Keep the first Timurs you roll that is decent-to-good. Then buy another one and roll it into the ground looking for "perfection" if you are inclined. Use a glimmer farm around here, 11500 glimmer takes maybe 15 minutes.

I really should have done this. Lesson learned for the next IB.

Bogeypop

Apparently the heavy ammo bugs are super difficult to deal with and can/will cause a bunch of other issues if "fixed" right now. Yeah...

zjipNp0.gif

I need that Sniper to drop though; do drop rates increase the high level you are?

I'll be on in maybe 45 mins for some more IB if there are any groups forming up.

Personally I'm 100% convinced that higher IB rank gives higher weapon drop rates. I never saw weapons drop for anyone Tues and Weds and now at least 1 drops almost every match, or at least feels that way. Clearly drop rates have increased as ranks have increased later in the week.

I'll be doing IB later but not for a while probably. Bunch of other stuff I need/want to do now... first things first: gtfo of Gaf.

I spent a few hours last night farming the Ogre in Shrine of Oryx and the Hydra in the Black Garden just so I could get some more grimiore scores... trying to max it out... still working on shotgun kills... taking so long... feel energy drain...

Holy shit thank you for posting this, made me laugh very hard. Farming Ogres and Hydras for grimoire is literally the only place I've drawn a line with this game, so to speak. I try to keep myself busy with "more interesting" stuff like helping people on flawless runs just to prevent myself from grimoire farming.

mid83

So I have barely touched this game since launch week. Life got busy and between that and other games I just never got back to Destiny. Am I so far behind that I'm going to have to grind for a while to catch up with people. I'm assuming people are busy doing the latest raid. I figure if the commitment is too big at this point I'll move on to another game.

Personally I'm 100% convinced that higher IB rank gives higher weapon drop rates. I never saw weapons drop for anyone Tues and Weds and now at least 1 drops almost every match, or at least feels that way. Clearly drop rates have increased as ranks have increased later in the week.

I've not gotten IB drops :(

I gave up at rank 4. Does a ship count as a IB drop?

Iron Banner?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying it took 2 hours to get 40k glimmer? Were you doing normal GK by yourself? Because it should take maybe 45 minutes max if you have 3-4+ people....

But I do agree with a lot of the other stuff you are talking about, our perspective is very different from basically everyone else.

Does it matter how long? It's a fucking grind

Yeah, the number of people we had shifted around for a while. Even if it's 45 minutes, that's like 3 matches of IB we could have played... or 45 minutes of anything else.

Still up?

Welcome to grindestiny :3

Where I seem to be the only person getting any sleep

gao gao

matmanx1

Timur's Lash: Ended up with Rangefinder (more range when ADS) and Grenadier for the perks and Flared Magwell in the tree for faster reloads. It's not perfect but it does cover two of the weaknesses of the gun (slow reload and limited range).

Radegast's Fury: Solar (meh) Tracking (yay!) and Spray and Play (yay!) So it's still a 1 round launcher but it tracks and has nice, fast reloads.

I was getting low on motes so I stopped with those rolls. Overall I am pretty happy with them.

Top Bottom