• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

I had a lot of success playing with randoms in IB during the first few days. I think the more hardcore PvPers played a ton the first few days, and then the more casual players played the last few days over the weekend. Once I hit rank 5 IB was dead to me.

I think it's due to matchmaking. When you have a full team of 6, you get matched with another full team of 6 more often than not. When you're solo, you often get matched with solo randoms (or small groups). Because of that, there isn't as much teamwork with a group of solo/small grouped randoms and you can carry easier, i.e. less competitive. Still competitive to a degree, just going against a team with little to no communication.

I don't know. Titan bubbles helped tremendously in being slight distractions. Idiots would focus on destroying the bubble not knowing that there's someone sneaking up right behind them with a shotty.

Ha, yeah, I guess there's that. Not great for the fool standing in the bubble (me) thinking they will be protected.

I'm way too old for the twitch/shotgun game, and too aggressive for the let them come to me game.

Warlock is a much better fit for my PvP game since I can spam grenades from a distance. I took about an hour out of grinding my Titan, and played with my Sunsinger -MIDA/Prudence II(rodeo/field scout/grenadier)-, and holy shit PvP was fun. I really hope the next DLC gives FWC some gear worth grinding crucible marks so I can use my Warlock.

hydruxo

I am expecting this patch to have some unwanted changes. My thoughts are based on the fact that Deej didn't hint anything in the update. Best case scenario would be just cheese fixes.

Hope there's some more cheese fixes tbh. I've done the cheese myself at times and I don't mind if other people do it but it'd be pretty lame if the world first team on Wednesday for hard mode ends up cheesing some of it.

RemiLP

I don't know. Titan bubbles helped tremendously in being slight distractions. Idiots would focus on destroying the bubble not knowing that there's someone sneaking up right behind them with a shotty.

I uusually get more kills inside my bouble then i do with the strike super. People still run straight at your shotgun.

zeox

guys, I need some help. I'm at the last part of the Ritual of the Forsaken mission, and I have no chance in hell of soloing this at 29. can anyone come in and help me finish this before I go completely insane?
this is on PS4, my psnid is Tariffen. I don't have a mic sadly.
thanks

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My 3 level 32s are ready for Crota's End Hard Mode now. I can study for my quiz tomorrow and write my essay. You can tell where my priorities are ;)
When the Oversoul appears, you should:
a) run away
b) stand in the water and shoot yourself in the foot
c) shot at the giant green ball in the sky
d) tell your team whether you are in the past or the future

Mindlog

It's really obvious that we need to be able to reroll legenadaries right?
It's exactly the kind of high end resource burn the game needs.

Glimmer farming netted me two more Furies.
1.) Arc, Tracking, Field Scout, Spray and Play
2.) Void, Tracking, Javelin, Clown Cartridge
3.) Arc, Tripod, Field Scout, Who's Next?

Tempted to reroll 3, but it's a niche use weapon anyways and those perks are more than enough to get me through an arcburn without juggling weapons. I have 60 motes left to reroll my original Spear which is pretty good, but I'm hoping a few Black Hammer drops will becomes my lead solar sniper. My Void spear is damn near perfect. It has Ambush, Unflinching, Send It or Custom Optics, and Final Round.

When the Oversoul appears, you should:
a) run away
b) stand in the water and shoot yourself in the foot
c) shot at the giant green ball in the sky
d) tell your team whether you are in the past or the future
I will go with choice B for 100 points! Or choice e)
lesbian bears
Oh shit, I didn't realize the IB armor broke down into radiant shards. Crap, I wish I would've played it just for that.
It doesn't. IB armor breaks down into ass shards. I might have worded that weird haha

noomi

Guardians!

One of our regular reset raiders won't be available tomorrow, so we are looking to fill the spot. We run the full Crota raid 3 times, usually takes us under 2 hours.

We will be starting right after the reset happens tomorrow. If you would like to join us for all 3 back to back crota runs please quote this post with your PSN, class and level :)

1. noomi85
2. Nuszka
3. Messiek
4. Hyunsai
5 Tigerheli
6. ?

Qwell

Lol I plan to do the same soon. How long did it take you exactly
Hmm... I think I watched about 3 or maybe 4 movies total while doing the farming. I had like 170 Hydra kills and about 160 Ogre kills before maxing it, I think it was about 30 seconds a kill on Hydra (get to the part in Black garden where you have to scan the 2 doors, there is a Hydra in the middle, jump down kill him, and shoot your foot in the water puddle), the Ogre takes about 45-60 seconds a kill because you have to run quite a bit to get to him, and I wasn't using a good loadout to kill myself with a grenade so I had to backtrack and kill myself by jumping off the edge. This is on Shrine of Oryx where the ogre spawns near the end of the tunnel where the OG glimmer farm was before they removed the yellow acolytes and turned them into regular red bar enemies.

It was a little mind numbing, but I watched some good movies while doing it like Whiplash, Foxcatcher and some episodes of the Office. Shotgun kills are taking a while, but I'm actually starting to enjoy Universal Remote in the crucible with the perk upgrades, pretty good range aiming down the sights.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Guardians!

One of our regular reset raiders won't be available tomorrow, so we are looking to fill the spot. We run the full Crota raid 3 times, usually takes us under 2 hours.

We will be starting right after the reset happens tomorrow. If you would like to join us for all 3 back to back crota runs please quote this post with your PSN, class and level :)

1. noomi85
2. Nuszka
3. Messiek
4. Hyunsai
5 Tigerheli
6. ?

I'm pretty sure I'm worth two guardians.

Deku Tree

I don't mind an increase in the light level cap and better armor with HoW but I don't want to level up all my weapons all over again. Not interested in it.

So yeah the perfect balance perk on Timur is not that useful as people have said, I tested for 20 minutes with and without it while glimmer farming and with a low RoF the gun basically returns to the start position by the time the next bullet is ready, not really sure what perfect balance is even doing frankly. By contrast any of the low impact high ROF weps like epilogue or some of the junk machine guns, you can really tell the difference in stability.

So I'd say for PVE getting outlaw and field scout are the two big perks, the last one has a few nice ones although crowd control is probably best, but luck is pretty good too.

Geneijin

Thank you for putting numbers to this. I guess the only benefit to the Rapier is range, then? It'll also be interesting to see, in practice, how HM changes this with higher level enemies.
I forgot if the Acolytes at Deathsinger were yellows or not, but the damage numbers are based on that phase of the Crota raid. And yes, besides the range, I can see myself still using Fatebringer if all enemies for the hard Crota raid are at 32. If they're 33, then how 300 and 331 scale will be interesting.

With regards to the Fatebringer vs. Saterienne Rapier discussion earlier:

The Rapier has significantly better range, reload speed, rate of fire and stability. Fatebringer is still king on Arc shielded enemies or trash mobs you can kill in one shot.

Against anything that requires multiple shots, or enemies you'll attack from a distance, the SR wins hands down. I don't have one myself yet, and my maxed Fatebringers will never be truly replaced, but I look forward to buying the Saterienne and feel it'll be a great primary for Heroic CE.
I fully disagree. Yes, the Satienne Rapier wins at farther ranges obviously, but for everything else, it's not really clear cut. If a Fatebringer and Satienne Rapier were fired at the same time and had the same rounds in each mag (13), Satienne Rapier will unload one mag faster than Fatebringer about 2-3 shots. However, what's the target? Take for example the 32 Hallowed Knights at Deathsinger in the Crota raid. There's a difference of 627 precision damage from a 300 Fatebringer and 459 precision damage from a Satienne Rapier. If the Satienne Rapier unloads 2-3 shots faster than a Fatebringer, you're looking at 5967 total damage for the Satienne Rapier from firing 13 shots versus 6270 total damage from the Fatebringer at 10 shots. Moreover, the Fatebringer will unload its entire mag after a Satienne Rapier is done reloading more or less, so the total damage is closer to 8151 damage from the Fatebringer whereas a Satienne Rapier does 5967 damage max after its first mag is gone. How many shots does it take to kill a 32 Hallowed Knight without an arc shield? They both will take roughly the same shots more or less to take down a Hallowed Knight. If the Satienne Rapier does 5967 total precision damage per mag, it'll do 17,901 total after 3 mags. The Fatebringer however, can output 18,810 after 30 bullets with a 13 round mag. So what type of enemy will you be firing at where the difference in reload speed and rate of fire between the Fatebringer and Satienne Rapier matters before the Satienne Rapier out damages the Fatebringer? Besides bosses, what regular creeps does the Satienne Rapier out perform the Fatebringer exactly?

I've gotten a lot of them luckily but I think I like the badger better. My best one had firefly and last round but I have another with radar and send it. Not sure which I should upgrade. My badger had send it and range finder.
That one has similar stats to the A.1F19X-RYL I think, which isn't sold anymore. I actually liked that gun too, but the slow rate of fire - the A.1F19X-RYL - was terrible against Oracles mainly.

Thanks for the raid guys, sorry I couldn't join you for the 2nd and 3rd runs... I'm not hardcore enough to have three characters ;)
Yeah, thanks for the 1st run. It's fine. Appreciate the help.

My alt is in lv 28 =/
Maybe next time. I would help if you could find 4 other people, but I don't have the time unfortunately. I'm expecting guests over soon.

E92 M3

I don't mind an increase in the light level cap and better armor with HoW but I don't want to level up all my weapons all over again. Not interested in it.

It's a very intimidating notion. Also a reason I am only leveling weapons I use. Besides that, I hope they realize that making everyone regrind is super frustrating.

Yeah i don't think I can do that again. If they don't change that part I might be done with destiny sooner than later.

SkylineRKR

Having great fun with the Spear. Ambush scope, Spray and Play + Final Round. No Armor piercing but not going to push my luck.

Feels good to instagib people.

Oh shit, I didn't realize the IB armor broke down into radiant shards. Crap, I wish I would've played it just for that.

Doesn't. You save rad shards cause the IB armor takes ass shards

All CE HM enemies will be Lv33 if HM VoG is any indication. Of course it could change but I'm expecting everything from start to finish to be Lv33.

I have a feeling we'll be fighting 34's at some point. We're all used to being underleveled doing CE as 31's so being one level below as 32's won't be too much of a challenge. They probably know this

hydruxo

I think that would be the final straw for alot of people. Hopefully Bungie has the common sense to alter the way exotic upgrades are done next time around after the outcry before TDB.

Ryck

Any kind Gaffers have the Templar checkpoint? I mean I guess we can run it from the start but still asking.

I need help today GAF. I am on a quest to get the Fatebringer before the reset. I need a hard mode Templar checkpoint and five brave souls to try and beat him three times. I'll be on in about an hour. Anyone willing?

PS4
1. Ryck007
2. silvertoguebr
3. HAL-x9000
4. CraigerGamer

phen0m24

guys, I need some help. I'm at the last part of the Ritual of the Forsaken mission, and I have no chance in hell of soloing this at 29. can anyone come in and help me finish this before I go completely insane?
this is on PS4, my psnid is Tariffen. I don't have a mic sadly.
thanks
Waves..

:)

Top Bottom